Jump to topic:

Does the Bible destroy Jesus true personality

johndoesmith08
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 3:19:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
So I have been upset lately with the amount of Christian who push the bible and everything in it WORD for WORD and hold the Book as Holy above all else. There are many who say that the KJV is the ONLY book that is the true word and all other editions are abominations and from hell. My biggest problem is that people seem to be putting the bible, which is a combinations of different letters and documents from all across the globe from different time periods and holding it above the Jesus, the Actual WORD in person. The BIBLE can never love you, comfort you or personally address your life from inside your soul. That's why Christianity is all about relationship and the Holy Spirit, not spiritual bible reading and strict abiding by biblical interpretations. Basically, I hear Jesus saying if you want to love me and follow me, SEEK My Face via the Holy Spirit who will give you power....No intimacy with the Holy Spirit, no power or closeness with me!

In turn I see tons of Christians mustering up the fruits of the spirit, trying to be patient, gritting their teeth to pray for people they hate and put up with them. Forcing themselves not to look at women and "do bad things" or evil thoughts. They then make Jesus to be this person who is strict and about rule keeping and following the Narrow Road of not committing certain sins....wouldn't that be LEGALISM just like the Pharisees?? And they make Jesus out to be some stiff who is omniscient and omnipresent and totally in control of everything on earth.

The God people always talk about in the bible seems boring and controlling demanding praise. The problem is you have to first have the Holy Spirit and relationship of else nothing in the bible will be clear to you, you'll be trying to make it all make sense according to your own logic and interpretation. Do you really think the God that made the Sunset is boring and stiff!? He's not an austere God, He is passionate! He he quirky, funny, and is FULL of JOY, not somber and retributive figure we always see on the cross. He's frickin excited and full of zeal for his bride. I just feel if people would stop reading the bible and worshiping it and start seeking Jesus Face and to be intimate with Him Christians would be this austere, judgmental type raving about hell. There's a place for that, but don't distort Jesus for you're notion of who God really is. The bible is important don't get me wrong, but millions have been born again and knew Jesus without every seeing a bible, so to me its not absolutely necessary more as a resource you can approach in times of confusion/doubt. Like
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2013 7:22:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Well , you finding it boring doesn't mean it is boring, if you were fed with video games all your life then you likely wouldn't find anything else enough exciting.

And the story didn't start with Jesus, but with Adam, the Noah then Abraham, then Moses, and many prophets in between, and they all called for the same way that includes striving for the sake of God.

I agree with you only on one thing, that it's not good to restrict the bible to one translation, for no translation can be perfect.