Jump to topic:

Eternal Love and the Sevrets of the Universe

Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 9:50:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Eternal love. If you can contemplate God's and/or Buddha's eternal compassion, then you will know the secrets of the universe. It's like this.....I love you today, I will continue to love you after you die, and I will still love you clear into the next life, or rebirth. If you can contemplate MY eternal compassion, which is the same as God's and Buddha's, then you will understand the true nature of the spirit and secrets of the universe. You will come to understand the boundlessness of the spirit. Or rather, the boundlessness of the spirit of those who believe. lmk
Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 9:50:22 PM
So any time you express this kind of love to a person, you could very well induce enlightenment into the nature of God.
Drayson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 10:56:38 PM
Love without limits isn't truly love at all.
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley
Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 11:11:13 PM
At 7/14/2013 10:56:38 PM, Drayson wrote:

Bingo. Boundlessness of the Spirit.
Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 11:17:23 PM
It's too bad the God of the OT takes credit for it. It is YHWH and his laws that condemned Jesus to die, yet it is YHWH who takes credit for Jesus's eternal compassion. There is something very wrong with this. Is the Bible the deliverance of eternal compassion from a terrorist's God? That is the ??
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 11:36:57 PM
At 7/14/2013 9:50:03 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
Eternal love. If you can contemplate God's and/or Buddha's eternal compassion, then you will know the secrets of the universe. It's like this.....I love you today, I will continue to love you after you die, and I will still love you clear into the next life, or rebirth. If you can contemplate MY eternal compassion, which is the same as God's and Buddha's, then you will understand the true nature of the spirit and secrets of the universe. You will come to understand the boundlessness of the spirit. Or rather, the boundlessness of the spirit of those who believe. lmk

All you need is a decent method of reasoning, and an inquisitive mind set, and you can learn anything you ever want to know. Scientific advances are evidence enough of that.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 11:43:53 PM
At 7/14/2013 11:36:57 PM, muzebreak wrote:
At 7/14/2013 9:50:03 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:

All you need is a decent method of reasoning, and an inquisitive mind set, and you can learn anything you ever want to know. Scientific advances are evidence enough of that.

Reason + inquisitive mind set + internet = answers.
Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2013 12:15:15 PM
At 7/14/2013 10:56:38 PM, Drayson wrote:

Actually I need to add that the NT delivers a very specific KIND of love. There are different loves, like you can love as a Father, you can love as a Brother, Mother...etc....So there are limits and boundaries for certain KINDS of love. Loving someone eternally means you love them after they die, and clear into the next rebirth. An eternal love. That is the specific love Jesus and The Tibetan Book Of The Dead expresses. They deliver the very same eternal compassion. Through death and back into life once more.