Jump to topic:

Coercion vs Brute Force

CanWeKnow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2013 10:20:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
OK, I know this is going to garner lots of different answers, but here is my basic question:

What is the difference between Coercion and Brute Force as it relates to God and His plan?
(Why does it matter that we are coerced into believing in, following, and obeying God RATHER than simply being forced to? Especially if the end goal is the same.)

It might be necessary for you to clarify these things in order to put your answer in context:

What do you believe was God's reason for creating us/putting us on Earth?
What do you believe God's plan is for us?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2013 9:00:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/14/2013 10:20:03 PM, CanWeKnow wrote:
OK, I know this is going to garner lots of different answers, but here is my basic question:

What is the difference between Coercion and Brute Force as it relates to God and His plan?
(Why does it matter that we are coerced into believing in, following, and obeying God RATHER than simply being forced to? Especially if the end goal is the same.)

It might be necessary for you to clarify these things in order to put your answer in context:

What do you believe was God's reason for creating us/putting us on Earth?
What do you believe God's plan is for us?

Well answering your questions first:

1- He created us in order that we worship him.
2- He will reward the good servants, and throw the bad ones in Hell, namely those who don't even know their master.

Well if you're coerced you still can choose, therefore whatever happens to you in the hereafter will be justice.

But it you are forced then you are not free, and you can't be punished for something that was forced on you.

Well not sure I understood the question properly though.