Total Posts:28|Showing Posts:1-28
Jump to topic:

God IS An Evil Prick

MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 6:11:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Religious people would say that it's for the greater good, e.g., overcome fear, entry into heaven, or some nonsense like that. Ironically, the same author of the bible advocates a deontological approach to morality. Contradiction much?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist in.

The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.
llamainmypocket
Posts: 253
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2013 6:50:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 6:26:27 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
God cannot be evil by definition, what you mean is that God does not exist. That is self-evident.

I don't really see how you can prove an objective with a subjective. I think you just redefine the objective by default, In this case it looks rather pretentious.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 7:49:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 6:11:07 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Religious people would say that it's for the greater good, e.g., overcome fear, entry into heaven, or some nonsense like that. Ironically, the same author of the bible advocates a deontological approach to morality. Contradiction much?

A high sense of contradiction one might say. And, ironic much? They claim God loves us yet he doesn't care for EVERYONE as he hates non-Christians.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 8:11:56 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist i

As much sense as that makes, you have to percieve it like this:

An omnipotent and invincible being makes life a tradgety just so we can obtain something from it. He expects us to love him when he has done nothing personally for us. He also expects us.to.not be amgry.because.it's for "his will".

The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.
MrProfound
Posts: 90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 8:17:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 6:26:27 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
God cannot be evil by definition, what you mean is that God does not exist. That is self-evident.

Well, I like to believe we derived from something. Maybe not God per say, but we did derive from something. Something cannot exist from nothing. And in this case, if God has been around all this time then who created him?

But out of sheer curiousity, I'd like to know your theory of how life came to be.
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 9:24:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/20/2013 8:11:56 AM, MrProfound wrote:
At 7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist i

As much sense as that makes, you have to percieve it like this:

An omnipotent and invincible being makes life a tradgety just so we can obtain something from it. He expects us to love him when he has done nothing personally for us. He also expects us.to.not be amgry.because.it's for "his will".

Earthly anger and pain would probably be insignificant and unsubstantial to an entity that lives in and understands eternity.
If you consider the breathe of life to be nothing, you're right, he has done nothing for us.


The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 11:17:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist in.

The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.

So God creates evil so we will create preventative measures. What is so glorious about creating preventative measures for disasters created for purpose that we would create preventative measures? Why not just refrain from exacting such natural disasters so that we will spend our energies on other enterprises such as fighting poverty?
Dogknox
Posts: 5,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 3:45:46 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

THINK: Jesus suffered and DIED on a cross!!
Who can say.. "God is insensitive" when you look at the facts!!!

The very FACT there is suffering and death is because of MAN..Not because of God! Whack-OH!!

Man does NOT belong in an Imperfect world.. God made it PERFECT as he does all things PERFECT!!

It was MAN that corrupted his PERFECT creation.. Adam the PERFECT MAN sinned and brought Corruption and Chaos into God' perfect world!!
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2013 5:42:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/20/2013 11:17:23 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist in.

The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.

So God creates evil so we will create preventative measures. What is so glorious about creating preventative measures for disasters created for purpose that we would create preventative measures? Why not just refrain from exacting such natural disasters so that we will spend our energies on other enterprises such as fighting poverty?

Poverty is a partially man made conception. If greed/selfishness didn't exist I don't think poverty would exist.
If God didn't allow greed/selfishness to exist we wouldn't have reason to learn how to overcome poverty and other dilemmas. Which are issues we fall short of to this day.
IslamAhmadiyya
Posts: 65
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 12:41:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

All evil in this world is done by the hands of men, not God. God has been at the forefront along with His messengers, spreading the word of peace, but do the ignorant ones and the arrogant ones take any heed? Of course not, they ignore the commands of God and continue to live blindly in corruption and begin to promote more disorder and transgression amongst the land.

God is not the evil one, we are.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 1:37:33 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/20/2013 5:42:59 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/20/2013 11:17:23 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist in.

The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.

So God creates evil so we will create preventative measures. What is so glorious about creating preventative measures for disasters created for purpose that we would create preventative measures? Why not just refrain from exacting such natural disasters so that we will spend our energies on other enterprises such as fighting poverty?

Poverty is a partially man made conception. If greed/selfishness didn't exist I don't think poverty would exist.
If God didn't allow greed/selfishness to exist we wouldn't have reason to learn how to overcome poverty and other dilemmas. Which are issues we fall short of to this day.

Sure there are man-made problems that God is not responsible for making, but there are also natural problems that can cause intense suffering that does more harm than good. That is what I am referring to.
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 1:48:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when that girl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

What makes something wrong, bad, or evil (or good for that matter)?
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 7:13:53 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/21/2013 1:37:33 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/20/2013 5:42:59 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/20/2013 11:17:23 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist in.

The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.

So God creates evil so we will create preventative measures. What is so glorious about creating preventative measures for disasters created for purpose that we would create preventative measures? Why not just refrain from exacting such natural disasters so that we will spend our energies on other enterprises such as fighting poverty?

Poverty is a partially man made conception. If greed/selfishness didn't exist I don't think poverty would exist.
If God didn't allow greed/selfishness to exist we wouldn't have reason to learn how to overcome poverty and other dilemmas. Which are issues we fall short of to this day.

Sure there are man-made problems that God is not responsible for making, but there are also natural problems that can cause intense suffering that does more harm than good. That is what I am referring to.

Can you state an example?
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 8:27:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The PoE is but an indication that atheists use emotions not logic when they argue against God.
I don't see it as a problem at all.

Short answer:
When we say "God is good" that also includes wisdom. He is omniscient after all. Wanna deny the wisdom? That is an argument from ignorance. They assume that since God is good that we are here to party ignoring logic and wisdom. Either that, or you claim to be omniscient.

Longer answer:
If you actually take time to think about it rather than using an emotional argument you will find wisdom. Everything will be settled in the after life. But for this life, pain or "evil" whichever you want to call it causes us to seek perfection. Nothing is perfect except God, but since he is good he must drive us to be better.
When we feel the pain of ignorance we seek knowledge, when we feel discomfort we seek comfort. It is what makes us humans and drives us to be better, it drives us to have hope, to seek God, build communities, help others. That is where our emotions come from, it gives us a purpose and drives us. Without it, our humanity is gone and we will lose meaning.
Nothing natural in this world is truly evil, because something good happens from it and it somehow contributes to balance.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 12:57:48 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/21/2013 7:13:53 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/21/2013 1:37:33 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/20/2013 5:42:59 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/20/2013 11:17:23 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist in.

The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.

So God creates evil so we will create preventative measures. What is so glorious about creating preventative measures for disasters created for purpose that we would create preventative measures? Why not just refrain from exacting such natural disasters so that we will spend our energies on other enterprises such as fighting poverty?

Poverty is a partially man made conception. If greed/selfishness didn't exist I don't think poverty would exist.
If God didn't allow greed/selfishness to exist we wouldn't have reason to learn how to overcome poverty and other dilemmas. Which are issues we fall short of to this day.

Sure there are man-made problems that God is not responsible for making, but there are also natural problems that can cause intense suffering that does more harm than good. That is what I am referring to.

Can you state an example?

Sure, hurricanes.
bkrivas95
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 4:28:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Reading all of your comments has been very interesting. I am a Christian, let me just make that clear from the get-go. But I am also a Journalist. Let me explain.

As a Journalist, the most important thing is your sources-who you're getting your information from. Your sources determine your credibility, legitimacy, and work ethic. If you choose bad sources that are clearly untrustworthy then your work will reflect that and not make sense. However, when you choose the best sources your work will also be reflected in that way. All the while, it is important to keep in mind the sources when talking about God, religion, Jesus, etc. I will explain.

Things such as the Westboro Baptist Church, radical Islamists/Muslims, and even hypocrites within Christianity turn people away from the importance of faith. It makes them see little value or good in it and it tints their view drastically. People have come up to me before and asked me this question, which is also one I see a lot on this forum, and it is "If there is a God, why is there bad in the world? Why does He let bad stuff happen?" Some people, when asked, get pushy and irritable when asked this question. They do so because they are not prepared to answer as the Bible says (to always be ready to give an answer for the hope that you have). I am here to simply share with you that I know the answer.

Our minds envision God as an always good, always calm and gentle God. If that's the case, we are only looking at the parts we wish to when it comes to God's character. Throughout the Bible, one can see what some call the wrath of God and also the grace of God. The bad things in this world happen, not because of God, but because of the fall of man. In Genesis (first book of Bible) it talks about Creation and how God made everything and it was GOOD.

The evil came into the world when Satan tempted Eve, who later caused Adam to fall. Evil came as a result of direct disobedience from God. The Bible also describes God as a just God. What that means is that He will make all things right in the end as a final judge. The Bible also says that vengeance is the Lord's. We can see that through the 10 plagues that struck Egypt when Pharaoh refused to let the Israelites go.

All in all, here is my point. In other religions there isn't a guarantee of heaven or hope. It's all if's, an's, do's, and don't's. What I want to make clear to all of you is that Christianity is about the relationship YOU personally have with Jesus Christ. It is the only belief that entails God coming down to us rather than us having to work to try and please God through our works on Earth or by other means.

"The fool says in his heart '"There is no God." -Psalms 14:1
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 4:59:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/21/2013 12:57:48 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/21/2013 7:13:53 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/21/2013 1:37:33 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/20/2013 5:42:59 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/20/2013 11:17:23 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist in.

The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.

So God creates evil so we will create preventative measures. What is so glorious about creating preventative measures for disasters created for purpose that we would create preventative measures? Why not just refrain from exacting such natural disasters so that we will spend our energies on other enterprises such as fighting poverty?

Poverty is a partially man made conception. If greed/selfishness didn't exist I don't think poverty would exist.
If God didn't allow greed/selfishness to exist we wouldn't have reason to learn how to overcome poverty and other dilemmas. Which are issues we fall short of to this day.

Sure there are man-made problems that God is not responsible for making, but there are also natural problems that can cause intense suffering that does more harm than good. That is what I am referring to.

Can you state an example?

Sure, hurricanes.

Are hurricanes only bad for humans or do they help in the existence of our universe?
I assume if we didn't have hurricanes here we wouldn't be prepared for them if we left our planet for another.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2013 5:54:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/21/2013 4:59:59 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/21/2013 12:57:48 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/21/2013 7:13:53 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/21/2013 1:37:33 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/20/2013 5:42:59 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/20/2013 11:17:23 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist in.

The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.

So God creates evil so we will create preventative measures. What is so glorious about creating preventative measures for disasters created for purpose that we would create preventative measures? Why not just refrain from exacting such natural disasters so that we will spend our energies on other enterprises such as fighting poverty?

Poverty is a partially man made conception. If greed/selfishness didn't exist I don't think poverty would exist.
If God didn't allow greed/selfishness to exist we wouldn't have reason to learn how to overcome poverty and other dilemmas. Which are issues we fall short of to this day.

Sure there are man-made problems that God is not responsible for making, but there are also natural problems that can cause intense suffering that does more harm than good. That is what I am referring to.

Can you state an example?

Sure, hurricanes.

Are hurricanes only bad for humans or do they help in the existence of our universe?
I assume if we didn't have hurricanes here we wouldn't be prepared for them if we left our planet for another.

Or maybe we could just prepare for them when we actually go to other planets. We would probably get to that points faster without the trillions of dollars saved because of the non-existence of hurricanes.
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 7:20:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/21/2013 5:54:58 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/21/2013 4:59:59 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/21/2013 12:57:48 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/21/2013 7:13:53 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/21/2013 1:37:33 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/20/2013 5:42:59 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/20/2013 11:17:23 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist in.

The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.

So God creates evil so we will create preventative measures. What is so glorious about creating preventative measures for disasters created for purpose that we would create preventative measures? Why not just refrain from exacting such natural disasters so that we will spend our energies on other enterprises such as fighting poverty?

Poverty is a partially man made conception. If greed/selfishness didn't exist I don't think poverty would exist.
If God didn't allow greed/selfishness to exist we wouldn't have reason to learn how to overcome poverty and other dilemmas. Which are issues we fall short of to this day.

Sure there are man-made problems that God is not responsible for making, but there are also natural problems that can cause intense suffering that does more harm than good. That is what I am referring to.

Can you state an example?

Sure, hurricanes.

Are hurricanes only bad for humans or do they help in the existence of our universe?
I assume if we didn't have hurricanes here we wouldn't be prepared for them if we left our planet for another.

Or maybe we could just prepare for them when we actually go to other planets. We would probably get to that points faster without the trillions of dollars saved because of the non-existence of hurricanes.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com...

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com...
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 8:02:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/23/2013 7:20:40 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/21/2013 5:54:58 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/21/2013 4:59:59 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/21/2013 12:57:48 PM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/21/2013 7:13:53 AM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/21/2013 1:37:33 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/20/2013 5:42:59 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/20/2013 11:17:23 AM, Dan4reason wrote:
At 7/19/2013 6:34:15 PM, pozessed wrote:
At 7/19/2013 4:53:04 PM, MrProfound wrote:
This may or may not turn into a debate. Only time will tell. But in my humble, little opinion God is an insidious and insensitive prick. All these deaths and tradgeties have been created for his own egotistical glory (so through this people may known God). It's all insensible. Where was God when Africans Americans, Jews and Native Americans were beaten and impearilized? Where was he when Trayvon (controversial) died? Where was he when that Chinese girl died on that plane? Where was he when thatgirl was raped? He was munching on them Doritos. Too busy to give a shyte, huh? I will be God-diddly-damned if I am to convert back to Christianity. God is evil. He allows us to use our free will against the free will of others (ex. killing people, raping people, etc.). He knows the outcome of every situation yet still feels the need to test our faith just gor his own egomaniac entertainment. What an eccentric megalomaniac.

Now, feel free to discuss. And if you are going to quote the Bible please do elavorate. People need to stop saying he's going to handle the situation because he truly doesn't give a damn about human race. Anyone who requires or "demands" glorification and worship, clearly does not deserve it.

I speculate that without the natural and unnatural tragedies that exist we would have no means to better educate ourselves in this universe we exist in.

The evil you expressed is a blessing because without them we would not have any reason to engineer and conceive preventative measures.

So God creates evil so we will create preventative measures. What is so glorious about creating preventative measures for disasters created for purpose that we would create preventative measures? Why not just refrain from exacting such natural disasters so that we will spend our energies on other enterprises such as fighting poverty?

Poverty is a partially man made conception. If greed/selfishness didn't exist I don't think poverty would exist.
If God didn't allow greed/selfishness to exist we wouldn't have reason to learn how to overcome poverty and other dilemmas. Which are issues we fall short of to this day.

Sure there are man-made problems that God is not responsible for making, but there are also natural problems that can cause intense suffering that does more harm than good. That is what I am referring to.

Can you state an example?

Sure, hurricanes.

Are hurricanes only bad for humans or do they help in the existence of our universe?
I assume if we didn't have hurricanes here we wouldn't be prepared for them if we left our planet for another.

Or maybe we could just prepare for them when we actually go to other planets. We would probably get to that points faster without the trillions of dollars saved because of the non-existence of hurricanes.

http://community.seattletimes.nwsource.com...

http://cliffmass.blogspot.com...

Well I am sure you will have a wonderful celebration when the next gulf coast natural disaster comes around. Just think of those lucky people!
Composer
Posts: 5,858
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:06:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The trinitarian alleged god had a fettish for young Married Hebrew Women, and used its spiritual prick to impregnate at least one we read about! (Luke 1:35) KJV Story book
Dogknox
Posts: 5,056
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 12:38:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
MrProfound
THINK: Jesus suffered and DIED on a cross!!
Who can say.. "God is insensitive" when you look at the facts!!!

The very FACT there is suffering and death is because of MAN..Not because of God! Whack-OH!!

Man does NOT belong in an Imperfect world.. God made it PERFECT as he does all things PERFECT!!

It was MAN that corrupted his PERFECT creation.. Adam the PERFECT MAN sinned and brought Corruption and Chaos into God' perfect world!!
1Devilsadvocate
Posts: 1,518
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 1:51:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
http://youtu.be... - William Lane Craig approx. 50 min.
1) - research professor of philosophy William Lane Craig approx. 15 min.
2) - Supper short & simple (probably too much so) based on C. S. Lewis & Professor of Philosophy Alvin Plantiga
3) -professor of philosophy Peter Kreeft
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
bulproof
Posts: 25,225
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 11:47:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/25/2013 12:38:59 AM, Dogknox wrote:
MrProfound
THINK: Jesus suffered and DIED on a cross!!
At God's command.
Who can say.. "God is insensitive" when you look at the facts!!!
Very sensitive!
The very FACT there is suffering and death is because of MAN..Not because of God! Whack-OH!!
Just decided to go in and do some genetic engineering to alter perfection, did he?
Man does NOT belong in an Imperfect world.. God made it PERFECT as he does all things PERFECT!!

It was MAN that corrupted his PERFECT creation.. Adam the PERFECT MAN sinned and brought Corruption and Chaos into God' perfect world!!
At the instigation of "sensitive god"
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin