Jump to topic:

11 Year Old Yemeni Girl Runs Away . . .

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 7:34:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
. . . to escape a forced marriage, which is apparently acceptable in those countries. Her parents are disgusting; they even threatened to kill her if she didn't go through with it. I'm glad she found an adult (uncle) who actually cared about her.
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 8:12:01 AM
Well, since you are just now learning about Muslim human-rights abuses...

1. American Citizen Pastor Saeed Abedini is being held in Evin Prison in Iran on false charges. Inside sources say it's just because he converted to Christianity and moved to the US of A.

2. Muslims kill upwards of 90,000 Christians a year for their faith.

3. Freedom of speech is curtailed to the point that saying Muhammad wasn't a true prophet can get you the death penalty.

4. Shari'a law makes life miserable for women and children. Men can beat them whenever they want, vigilante mobs against people who disagree with Islam are encourages, polygamy is legal, and yes, arranged marriages between minors and cranky old men is commonplace.
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 10:33:43 AM
At 7/22/2013 7:34:55 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
. . . to escape a forced marriage, which is apparently acceptable in those countries. Her parents are disgusting; they even threatened to kill her if she didn't go through with it. I'm glad she found an adult (uncle) who actually cared about her.

Wow, that is incredible. I'm afraid that even with her uncle her life is probably at risk.

It is sad that the US is in bed (to root out terrorism) with the Yemen leaders who allow this type of stuff.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 10:57:28 AM
At 7/22/2013 10:51:56 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Hmm well is this a religious topic ?!

No absolutely nothing to do with Islam, other than they are muslims. Just wash your hands and convince yourself that your religion treats women and girls WELL.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 11:03:53 AM
At 7/22/2013 10:57:28 AM, bulproof wrote:

No absolutely nothing to do with Islam, other than they are muslims. Just wash your hands and convince yourself that your religion treats women and girls WELL.

This is social cultural, nothing to do with islam.

saying it has to do with Islam will necessitate that you find a verse or hadith, and I will save you time ...
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 11:19:10 AM
At 7/22/2013 11:03:53 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

saying it has to do with Islam will necessitate that you find a verse or hadith, and I will save you time ...

The no true scotsman is the fallback position for all of the godbotherers, isn't it?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 11:19:11 AM
pretty little girl ;__;

American objectifying isn't anything majorly superior to Muslim objectifying though. Just saying. And what's more, I'd say it's primary to it. Americans just cut women some slack in favour of further materialism - as I've said on numerous occasions, there was a pigs for women swap between the religions long ago. This sort of thing is never going away - well, Americans remaining as they are, I'd say. You guys are the forerunners of freedom after all. :P

To expound, Muslims are control freaks like everyone else. It's just they're vastly more OCD than people from the West because that's what they've been bred into. Women are for men, 72 virgins, all that bullsh*t, and they cling to it because it offers them a huge sense of control. And control that's not going to be taken from them by anything but honest example, I think. Not by the war machine anyway, for sure.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 12:56:47 PM

Really?
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
muzebreak
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 1:35:08 PM

I'll have to agree with Fruity on this one. The Quran even goes so far as to forbid marriages where consent is not given by both parties. Albeit, I'm not aware of any verses that explicitly forbid a parent from coercing consent from the children in question.
"Every kid starts out as a natural-born scientist, and then we beat it out of them. A few trickle through the system with their wonder and enthusiasm for science intact." - Carl Sagan

This is the response of the defenders of Sparta to the Commander of the Roman Army: "If you are a god, you will not hurt those who have never injured you. If you are a man, advance - you will find men equal to yourself. And women.
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:02:16 PM
At 7/22/2013 1:35:08 PM, muzebreak wrote:

I'll have to agree with Fruity on this one. The Quran even goes so far as to forbid marriages where consent is not given by both parties. Albeit, I'm not aware of any verses that explicitly forbid a parent from coercing consent from the children in question.

Under pretty much all legal systems (including religious ones) coerced agreements are null and void.
"It is my ambition to say in ten sentences what others say in a whole book."
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:03:07 PM

Why was this worth a thread? Who here didn't know about arranged or underage marriages in Islamic countries before you decided to enlighten us all?
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:08:55 PM

haha! Islam truly is a disgrace to humanity's decency.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:16:01 PM

"Forced marriages are sanctioned in Islam despite what the Muslim apologists claim to the contrary. Shari'ah fails to protect the most vulnerable--children. A father's consent is all that is required to marry a young girl to an adult man, and the burden is upon her (once she reaches puberty) to seek an annulment or a divorce. In the meantime, the girl is vulnerable to spousal abuse and childhood pregnancy which greatly jeopardizes her health and future. Child marriages occur all over the world, especially in Muslim countries that practice Shari'a."
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
DoubtingDave
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 2:35:30 PM

I agree that this is disgusting and inhumane. No-one should be forced into marriage or out of marriage.

Another thing in the long line of the religion of "peace" http://thereligionofpeace.com...
The Great Wall of Fail

"I have doubts that anti-semitism even exists" -GeoLaureate8

"Evolutionists think that people evolved from rocks" -Scotty

"And whats so bad about a Holy war? By Holy war, I mean a war which would aim to subdue others under Islam." -Ahmed.M

"The free market didn't create the massive wealth in the country, WW2 did." -malcomxy

"Independant federal regulators make our capitalist society possible." -Erik_Erikson
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 3:20:17 PM
At 7/22/2013 2:35:30 PM, DoubtingDave wrote:

I agree that this is disgusting and inhumane. No-one should be forced into marriage or out of marriage.

I think you need some clarification on that "or out of marriage" bit. Plenty of spouses are forced out of marriage when their partners want a no-fault divorce, and I wouldn't say this shouldn't happen.
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 4:53:39 PM

How much can one separate culture from religion, when the religion provides the social, political, and judicial system as in Sharia Law. It is easy to say that Islam requires consent for marriage, but in these countries that operate under some type of fundamentalist Islamic standards is it important to them to garner consent if they don't have a process to validate consent and protect individuals who don't give consent?

Can you say that a woman can divorce the husband if the police, family, and law conveniently don't enforce assault and murder laws on the books when a woman tries to run away or divorce her husband?

Here is an example of Malaysia. I assume there is similar principles in other Islamic countries as well.

It is easy to point out to a verse in the Koran that clearly states a person can not be wedded without consent, but then why is there a concept of Wali Majbir? (A perfect guardian who has the power to be a guardian by force which included forced marriage of his virgin daughter)

Sure there are guidelines on when a Father is considered Wali Majbir, one of which is that there can not be a dispute between the father and daughter, but where is the validation that that particular condition is met?

http://www.islam.gov.my...

In short not actively enforcing it is an act of condoning it.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 6:01:31 PM
Ibn Abbas narrated that:

The Messenger of Allah said: "The matron has more right to herself than her Wali, and the virgin is to give permission for herself, and her silence is her permission." (Sahih)

Narrated Sahl and Abu Usaid:

The Prophet () married Umaima bint Sharahil, and when she was brought to him, he stretched his hand towards her. It seemed that she disliked that, whereupon the Prophet () ordered Abu Usaid to prepare her and to provide her with two white linen dresses.

Here it meas prepare her to return to her family.

I asked Az-Zuhri, "Which of the wives of the Prophet () sought refuge with Allah from him?" He said "I was told by 'Urwa that `Aisha said, 'When the daughter of Al-Jaun was brought to Allah's Messenger () (as his bride) and he went near her, she said, "I seek refuge with Allah from you." He said, "You have sought refuge with The Great; return to your family."

Narrated Masruq:

I asked `Aisha about the option: She said, "The Prophet () gave us the option. Do you think that option was considered as a divorce?" I said, "It matters little to me if I give my wife the option once or a hundred times after she has chosen me."

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:

The wife of Thabit bin Qais came to Allah's Messenger () and said, "O Allah's Messenger ()! I do not blame Thabit for any defects in his character or his religion, but I cannot endure to live with him." On that Allah's Messenger () said, "Will you return his garden to him?" She said, "Yes."

Narrated Ibn `Abbas:

Barira's husband was a slave called Mughith, as if I am seeing him now, going behind Barira and weeping with his tears flowing down his beard. The Prophet () said to `Abbas, "O `Abbas ! are you not astonished at the love of Mughith for Barira and the hatred of Barira for Mughith?" The Prophet () then said to Barira, "Why don't you return to him?" She said, "O Allah's Messenger ()! Do you order me to do so?" He said, "No, I only intercede for him." She said, "I am not in need of him."

And as usual, the best fruit last:

It was narrated from Ibn Buraidah that:

his father said: "A girl came to the Prophet and said: 'My father married married me to his brother's son so that he might raise his status thereby.' The Prophet gave her the choice, and she said: 'I approve of what my father did, but I wanted to know that their fathers have no right to do that.' "(Sahih)

http://sunnah.com...

O people of DDO, don't accuse Islam of what some Muslim do, Islam is the rulings, Muslims are people they can be good and they can be evil!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 6:08:52 PM
**It was narrated from Ibn Buraidah that:

his father said: "A girl came to the Prophet and said: 'My father married me to his brother's son so that he might raise his status thereby.' The Prophet gave her the choice, and she said: 'I approve of what my father did, but I wanted women to know that their fathers have no right to do that.' "(Sahih)
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 6:20:55 PM
At 7/22/2013 12:56:47 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

Really?

I wanted to save him time but then got busy, but I found much fruits you guys can share ..
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 6:25:01 PM
At 7/22/2013 2:08:55 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

haha! Islam truly is a disgrace to humanity's decency.

What does humanity mean to an evolutionist , Huh!!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 6:34:03 PM

Another thing in the long line of the religion of "peace" http://thereligionofpeace.com...

1- well basically no one can force you to marriage nor to stay in marriage in Islam. But if one wants to divorce than so be it.

2- The terrorism isn't based on Islamic teachings, it even is against Islamic teachings, it just happens that some muslims find it a great way to revenge ! But you sure cannot accuse Islam for what those ignorant muslims do. You have to be fair and know where these things come from, In Islam war is a whole set of rulings, not a surprise attack on innocents in their own country! oh now that I speak, didn't Muslims endure that for long ? maybe that explains what's happening!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2013 9:31:32 PM
At 7/22/2013 6:08:52 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
**It was narrated from Ibn Buraidah that:

his father said: "A girl came to the Prophet and said: 'My father married me to his brother's son so that he might raise his status thereby.' The Prophet gave her the choice, and she said: 'I approve of what my father did, but I wanted women to know that their fathers have no right to do that.' "(Sahih)

Same story through another narrator:

It was narrated from 'Aishah:

"A girl came to her and said: 'My father married me to his brother's son so that he might raise his own status thereby, and I was unwilling.' She said: 'Sit here until the Prophet comes.' Then the Messenger of Allah came, and I told him (what she had said). He sent word to her father, calling him, and he left the matter up to her. She said: 'O Messenger of Allah, I accept what my father did, but I wanted to know whether women have any say in the matter.'"
Eitan_Zohar
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 2:55:44 PM
Well, this thread degenerated quickly. That's how she likes it, I suppose.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 4:11:55 PM
At 7/23/2013 2:55:44 PM, Eitan_Zohar wrote:
Well, this thread degenerated quickly. That's how she likes it, I suppose.

That was to show this topic should be in society or politics, not religion.
Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 8:37:54 PM
Every year in Yemen alone 3000 little girls die from either bleeding to death out of their vaginas after having been penetrated, or by getting pregnant and not having the body to deliver the baby. That is the cult of Islam.
Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 8:42:26 PM
At 7/22/2013 1:35:08 PM, muzebreak wrote:

This is very sick because little children are too young to know any better.
Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 8:44:17 PM

It has everything to do with Islam. In the Hadiths, Muhammad dreamt of being with a certain 5 -6 year old, then married her, then had sex with her when she was 9. Marriage with children is lawful, according to Islamic law.
Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2013 8:50:37 PM
At 7/22/2013 6:34:03 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

1- well basically no one can force you to marriage nor to stay in marriage in Islam. But if one wants to divorce than so be it.

2- The terrorism isn't based on Islamic teachings, it even is against Islamic teachings, it just happens that some muslims find it a great way to revenge ! But you sure cannot accuse Islam for what those ignorant muslims do. You have to be fair and know where these things come from, In Islam war is a whole set of rulings, not a surprise attack on innocents in their own country! oh now that I speak, didn't Muslims endure that for long ? maybe that explains what's happening!

Muhammad spews all kinds of hatred for all Christians and Jews, and all other :non believers". Muhammad also committed genocide against the Jews, and murdered Christians, and taught that all Christians and jews were created by Allah, and purposefully led astray so that they can all occupy Hell in the place of all Muslims. Muhammad was a terrorist.