Jump to topic:

Is Sexual Orientation a Private Matter?

rockwater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 10:37:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I disagree with people who say that gay people should keep their attractions and their relationships private because "sex is a private matter." Being gay or bisexual is not just about sex! Should straight people be expected to not talk about their boyfriends/girlfriends/spouses or wanting to have one? The whole idea of saying laws protecting gays from discrimination. In employment because they shouldn't be talking about their gayness at work is ridiculous because it sets a double standard for gays and straights.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 11:48:27 AM
At 7/24/2013 11:08:44 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
And this topic is religious ?

Religion is a big part of this false world we live in and so is homosexuality, the false image that God created to cause religious people fear.

Once you get to know a homosexual without the fear of sexual orientation, then you'll realize there was nothing to fear.

Is there a boogey man in the woods? You won't know until you go in the woods and search.
makhdoom5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 12:55:36 PM
At 7/24/2013 11:48:27 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Religion is a big part of this false world we live in and so is homosexuality, the false image that God created to cause religious people fear.

Once you get to know a homosexual without the fear of sexual orientation, then you'll realize there was nothing to fear.

Is there a boogey man in the woods? You won't know until you go in the woods and search.

try to meet Burak Obama first.
than find the bogie man.
rockwater
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 12:58:29 PM

Well, "No such thing as a homophobe" is not a particularly religious topic either - the religion forum seems to be where we discuss sexual morality and the morality of discrimination against LGBT people. The society forum has this too, but it is often a quieter, slower forum. I am not interested in a political discussion about laws but am talking about whether or not people can complain about or reprimand people for discussing their same sex relationships or their desire to be in one in public, at work, and at school.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 2:46:19 PM
At 7/24/2013 12:55:36 PM, makhdoom5 wrote:

than find the bogie man.

Why does the president cause you fear? Is he the one who gives you life? Or does our Creator give us life?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 2:49:21 PM
At 7/24/2013 12:58:29 PM, rockwater wrote:

Well, "No such thing as a homophobe" is not a particularly religious topic either - the religion forum seems to be where we discuss sexual morality and the morality of discrimination against LGBT people. The society forum has this too, but it is often a quieter, slower forum. I am not interested in a political discussion about laws but am talking about whether or not people can complain about or reprimand people for discussing their same sex relationships or their desire to be in one in public, at work, and at school.

Going off topic causes fear in some people because they have a strong desire to control other people. Don't pay attention to these fear mongers.
makhdoom5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 5:47:23 PM
At 7/24/2013 2:46:19 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 7/24/2013 12:55:36 PM, makhdoom5 wrote:

than find the bogie man.

Why does the president cause you fear? Is he the one who gives you life? Or does our Creator give us life?

this is not real problem. the pro is where u are suppose to participate, u are not participating. u are going to meet something u dont have to do any thing.
what i was saying, u have to think about it.
why i am saying to explain above takes away the charm of quote.
some are out there we cant reach.
u can try but not possible. i could be lethal and deadly some time.
Obama cant cause me fear ever.
what i am saying focus on it.
makhdoom5
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 5:57:17 PM
what u wana examine is beyond ur reach.
giving u example.
see when i was kid. i was thinking of rain.
i wanted to rain when i have need.
but later i realize that, is this matter in my hand to decide when to rain and when to not.
if it would be than i will destroy my some thing out there i havent seen.
i live in moutain area. the more rain here the more water will rush toward plain area.
and which can cause flood there.
which i foud later when they got flood.
before i will thinking by my point of view. but ALLAH know the need of every one.
if we try to participate which is not meant to us we will harm our own self or some one else.
more further in above example, i found that how much we ignore that creature who lives under ground like ants.
and other insects. much rain can cause flood and can wipe them out as well.
same is for other animals.
but if i want to be less rain, than again some would die with thrust.
same is the being the entity, u are searching can expose himself.
if he do, than he would be called as unjust, he would be call unloving in front of himself.
what u want is impractical.
he can not exercise tolerance and cant let apply free will test in that condition.
if u get chance to meet Obama, later abuse him on his face than u will see whats gonna happen.
is there any good example than plz tell me.
and use head a good gift from ALLAH.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:13:33 PM
At 7/24/2013 12:08:11 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
There is not sexual orientation, it's all about an immoral choice!
you seem to think morality is religious so I guess you just made the topic about religion. Oops.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:15:33 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:13:33 PM, bulproof wrote:
you seem to think morality is religious so I guess you just made the topic about religion. Oops.

You are smart , I was hoping none will pay attention!

But in fact if you say this you agree there is no morality without religion ?!
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 6:22:49 PM

Prove it.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:15:57 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:22:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Prove it.

I do although it's you who should prove your claim!

http://www.valuesvoternews.com...

if just one person in the world recovered from that, it would mean about anyone can! it's just an addiction that people learned to accept! just like many other immoralities in your society.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:17:45 PM
At 7/24/2013 6:15:33 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

No! My entire sentence concerned what you had claimed and written. No mention of my beliefs.
the_croftmeister
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:25:43 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:15:57 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

Prove it.

if just one person in the world recovered from that, it would mean about anyone can! it's just an addiction that people learned to accept! just like many other immoralities in your society.

A. it doesn't mean that at all. Just because one person can learn to be a virtuoso pianist doesn't mean anyone can.
B. even if it did mean anyone can, it doesn't mean they should. You have to show that a. This morality came from God, and b. that God is in a position to actually make moral imperatives for us.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:38:28 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:17:45 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/24/2013 6:15:33 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

No! My entire sentence concerned what you had claimed and written. No mention of my beliefs.

What about me, did I mention my beliefs when I said homosexuality is immoral ?!
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:41:37 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:25:43 PM, the_croftmeister wrote:

Prove it.

A. it doesn't mean that at all. Just because one person can learn to be a virtuoso pianist doesn't mean anyone can.
B. even if it did mean anyone can, it doesn't mean they should. You have to show that a. This morality came from God, and b. that God is in a position to actually make moral imperatives for us.

The fruit:

Homosexuality isn't a fatality, it's an immorality that can be cured for those who will.
DeFool
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:42:06 PM
Anti-gay bigotry has now been officially chased into the corner of faith, and will be pummeled for the rest of the round. Or knocked out.

Faith is the last resort of belief, an argument stopper where a person simply refuses to change their mind no matter what, and they ask gently that we show them mercy.

In this, no mercy seems forthcoming; the religions have been far too merciless when they were stronger than their opponents - now their opponents are not keen to allow them to walk back to their corner after the bell.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:47:39 PM

Prove it.

http://www.valuesvoternews.com...

We have proved our claim, many-a-time, through countless studies.

And yeah, I'm just going to go ahead and say that "ex-homosexuals" are not actually existent. Just because you modify a behavior doesn't mean you modify a sexuality, and numerous studies and psychological organizations have already shown that not only is it not possible to change sexuality, it's also psychologically harmful to attempt to do so.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 7:57:51 PM
At 7/24/2013 7:42:06 PM, DeFool wrote:
Anti-gay bigotry has now been officially chased into the corner of faith, and will be pummeled for the rest of the round. Or knocked out.

Faith is the last resort of belief, an argument stopper where a person simply refuses to change their mind no matter what, and they ask gently that we show them mercy.

In this, no mercy seems forthcoming; the religions have been far too merciless when they were stronger than their opponents - now their opponents are not keen to allow them to walk back to their corner after the bell.

no ring will bell (what did I just say ?!)

these Homo things will disappear, and Christianity will be back stronger ! they are majotity and their enemy just can't grow!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 8:05:26 PM
@fruity
Yes this is what they say in the study, males are coherent with what they say they prefer, if they are hetero,they get aroused only for women, and if they are homo they get aroused only for men.

Where is the choice you claim?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 8:19:02 PM
At 7/24/2013 8:05:26 PM, bulproof wrote:
@fruity
Yes this is what they say in the study, males are coherent with what they say they prefer, if they are hetero,they get aroused only for women, and if they are homo they get aroused only for men.

Here for example :
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2013 8:49:29 PM
At 7/24/2013 8:19:02 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
@fruity

Here for example :

Simply incapable of understanding, ergo impossible to hold any sort of discussion with. Say hello to the white rabbit.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 5:18:54 AM
At 7/24/2013 8:49:29 PM, bulproof wrote:
@fruity

Here for example :

Simply incapable of understanding, ergo impossible to hold any sort of discussion with. Say hello to the white rabbit.

I thought you wouldn't need an explanation:There are people who go from being Hetero then claim they are Homo.Others that were Homo since ever then decide to be Hetero .And others who stay as they were.It's a matter of choice, it isn't a fatality. if you wanted to try the opposite of what you are, then you tried it and enjoyed it you may think Hey maybe I'm meant to be a homo!, when in the reality it's nothing but you deciding.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 6:39:11 AM
At 7/25/2013 5:18:54 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
@fruity

Here for example :

I thought you wouldn't need an explanation:There are people who go from being Hetero then claim they are Homo.Others that were Homo since ever then decide to be Hetero .And others who stay as they were.It's a matter of choice, it isn't a fatality. if you wanted to try the opposite of what you are, then you tried it and enjoyed it you may think Hey maybe I'm meant to be a homo!, when in the reality it's nothing but you deciding.
Read the BLOODY study YOU referenced. Are you incredibly stupid? You provided the proof that disproved your fantasy of CHOICE. Can't you get it through your incredibly thick head?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 7:03:02 AM
At 7/25/2013 6:39:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 7/25/2013 5:18:54 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
@fruity

Here for example :

Read the BLOODY study YOU referenced. Are you incredibly stupid? You provided the proof that disproved your fantasy of CHOICE. Can't you get it through your incredibly thick head?

If that is a proof of something it would be a proof that males and females are different, which we already know!

It isn't a proof that homosexuality is a nature, otherwise people won't be able to change ! it's rather a conviction.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 8:45:50 AM
Everything about the legitimacy of homosexualism is based on the word of homosexuals themselves, saying that they were born that way. Yet when someone claims that they are no longer a homosexual, suddenly that person becomes a liar, their word is no longer credible, and they are treated as pariah by the same hypocritical homosexual community that demands tolerance and acceptance of people for who they are. Homosexuals welcome with open arms, any new people coming into the homosexual lifestyle, but if someone tries to leave, they are stabbed in the back.

That's all because they HAVE to protect that born gay hoax, in order to fool people into giving them credibility in their struggle for normalization of aberrant sexual behaviors. Although I still don't respect their choice, I at least acknowledge the honesty of people who admit that they chose to be homosexual. These people prove that homosexuality is a condition of mind that can change, not something that you are afflicted with your entire life.

http://www.queerbychoice.com...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 8:59:50 AM
medic, you are one stupid f*ck dude. All action is of fear for the average person, everything. So what if they're trying to protect the "born gay" thing? They're afraid of persecution, and want God on their side, just as you do in your preaching against homosexuality to make up for your deviance of mind otherwise.

The thing is, you're more retarded than they are.
the_croftmeister
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2013 9:22:06 AM
Medic, I would just like to say that while I do not support your position one whit, I respect your right to hold it, and I'm getting a little sick of the insults levelled against you. What made it pretty clear to me was when you said that you would treat them just like any other patient that was in your ambulance. I hope the rest of the forum would do the same for you.

To everyone else, his views are for the most part not as bad as they are made out to be, and I'll stand by that. He's made some bad calls, and chosen not to take back statements that would have been in his interests to do so but seriously, the insults do nothing for either side other than polarise the issue even more.