Jump to topic:

Bible... my wife is not a virgin ?

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 12:52:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
People look towards the bible in order to guide them in what to do and not to do in various situations. So does the bible have anything to say about a man who believes his wife was not a virgin when they married ? well I am glad you asked...

"But if this accusation is true and no evidence of the young woman"s virginity is found, 21 they will bring the woman to the door of her father"s house, and the men of her city will stone her to death. For she has committed an outrage in Israel by being promiscuous in her father"s house. You must purge the evil from you." [1]

He is what gives the game away. You may think after reading this that the instruction is to kill her. Well no it isn't, that's only part of it. You see you have stone her to death......ON HER FATHERS door step.

Doesn't that seem a bit unnecessary ? I mean they are going to kill her by stoning, why bother with the extra transport clause, just kill her by stoning and be done with it, it just doesn't seem to make sense to add extra....

Well it does, if you understand what the point here is. The real crime here is that the woman who is found not be a virgin is seen as faulty property, it's like taking a lemon of a car back to the used car salesmen and then setting it on fire. Your sending a message of your anger, hey you sold me this faulty piece of sh*t motherf*cker.

People believe and demand you believe too that this instruction came down from a divine source, a being that is not human, that transcends space and time, and is all knowing & all powerful, and isn't man made up bullsh*t what so ever....

Atheists don't want to obey this, christians don't want to obey this, why don't we just stop with the rationalizations and admit this is contrary to our own moral reasoning ?

How long do we have to hear the rationalization of a God who did order this at one time........but then some time passed......and now he orders to do the exact opposite. Just stop it christians, no one is buying it, I think deep down you don't either.

http://www.biblegateway.com...
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/29/2013 4:57:03 AM
I can see the rationale behind a patriarchal society. Rules such as "no premarital sex" and "obey thy mother and father" were probably made with the best of intentions, and certainly made society safer considering the lack of contraceptives and social welfare.

The Bible is not an example of this. Stoning a "promiscuous" woman to death has nothing to do with protecting morality or the family, it is an act of pure spite. Doing it on her father's doorstep, thus subjecting him to the horror of watching his daughter be killed, is just further spite. It's also stupid, as a woman who's had sex can still breed and contribute to the group.

Then again, is there anything in the Bible that isn't stupid?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 5:01:26 AM
Sure, once you appreciate living in the culture of adultery and immorality, the bible would look just as bothering book of guidance.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 6:02:27 AM
At 7/30/2013 5:01:26 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Sure, once you appreciate living in the culture of adultery and immorality, the bible would look just as bothering book of guidance.
Oh I agree, once you have lived in a culture of love, acceptance and forgiveness you understand just how abominable a culture of judgement is.
It's a shame that believers in insecure, vengeful little man made tin gods actually choose to live in a world where love, acceptance and forgiveness are condemned.
It is such a waste of life.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 11:21:09 AM
At 7/30/2013 6:02:27 AM, bulproof wrote:
Oh I agree, once you have lived in a culture of love, acceptance and forgiveness you understand just how abominable a culture of judgement is.
It's a shame that believers in insecure, vengeful little man made tin gods actually choose to live in a world where love, acceptance and forgiveness are condemned.

Yes exactly, giving beautiful names to immorality, and evil names to Morality, that's all what it is about.
Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 12:08:51 PM
At 7/29/2013 12:52:21 AM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
People look towards the bible in order to guide them in what to do and not to do in various situations. So does the bible have anything to say about a man who believes his wife was not a virgin when they married ? well I am glad you asked...

"But if this accusation is true and no evidence of the young woman"s virginity is found, 21 they will bring the woman to the door of her father"s house, and the men of her city will stone her to death. For she has committed an outrage in Israel by being promiscuous in her father"s house. You must purge the evil from you." [1]

He is what gives the game away. You may think after reading this that the instruction is to kill her. Well no it isn't, that's only part of it. You see you have stone her to death......ON HER FATHERS door step.

Doesn't that seem a bit unnecessary ? I mean they are going to kill her by stoning, why bother with the extra transport clause, just kill her by stoning and be done with it, it just doesn't seem to make sense to add extra....

Well it does, if you understand what the point here is. The real crime here is that the woman who is found not be a virgin is seen as faulty property, it's like taking a lemon of a car back to the used car salesmen and then setting it on fire. Your sending a message of your anger, hey you sold me this faulty piece of sh*t motherf*cker.

People believe and demand you believe too that this instruction came down from a divine source, a being that is not human, that transcends space and time, and is all knowing & all powerful, and isn't man made up bullsh*t what so ever....

Atheists don't want to obey this, christians don't want to obey this, why don't we just stop with the rationalizations and admit this is contrary to our own moral reasoning ?

How long do we have to hear the rationalization of a God who did order this at one time........but then some time passed......and now he orders to do the exact opposite. Just stop it christians, no one is buying it, I think deep down you don't either.

http://www.biblegateway.com...

Great post. It boggles the mind when people of that book proclaim that God orderd that murderous crap at any time in history. Those people lie and rip people away from knowing God. It's the most evil lie you could ever tell.
Bagofhammers
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 12:16:48 PM
At 7/30/2013 11:21:09 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

Yes exactly, giving beautiful names to immorality, and evil names to Morality, that's all what it is about.

Probably the biggest reason anyone would stone to death a woman for having premarital sex in front of her father is to strike terror into everyone's hearts. That is the OT. It's an iron fist rule of law that uses terror-tactics to control. It's what condemned Jesus to death. It's what Islam uses today. Terrorism.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/30/2013 1:04:01 PM
At 7/30/2013 12:16:48 PM, Bagofhammers wrote:
At 7/30/2013 11:21:09 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

Probably the biggest reason anyone would stone to death a woman for having premarital sex in front of her father is to strike terror into everyone's hearts. That is the OT. It's an iron fist rule of law that uses terror-tactics to control. It's what condemned Jesus to death. It's what Islam uses today. Terrorism.

What are you saying, Jesus preached OT and observed it! What led him condemned Jesus isn't the OT, the OT prophesised him, but the Jews for some worldly reasons! And there is a huge difference between Terrorism that Islam doesn't condone, and Islamic laws that help save social morality . Basically in Islam a person who get premarital sex is not stoned but beaten and this of course in an islamic nation that does practice the law, not in anyplace and by anybody, so this law changed in comparison to the previous revelations. Terrorism is basically killing anyone for no reason!
"The adulterer and the adulteress, scourge ye each one of them (with) a hundred stripes. And let not pity for the twain withhold you from obedience to Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day. And let a party of believers witness their punishment. (2) The adulterer shall not marry save an adulteress or an idolatress, and the adulteress none shall marry save an adulterer or an idolater. All that is forbidden unto believers. (3) And those who accuse honourable women but bring not four witnesses, scourge them (with) eighty stripes and never (afterward) accept their testimony - They indeed are evil-doers - (4)" Chapter 24, Quran.