Regarding: my debate

brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 9:38:47 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://www.Debate.org...
i m not being a bad player, but i do feel as if i have this debate pat down! i mean lets talk about this for a second
he states in his profile that he is atheist (no offence to anyone) and i comfront him on it and he replys with "my parents are as well atheist also" do we really know that as well? are could he just be saying that?
go to my debate http://www.Debate.org...

I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing.
Through every dark night, theres a bright day after that.
So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it."
Tupac Shakur
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 9:49:14 AM
At 12/11/2009 9:46:51 AM, wjmelements wrote:
Do not advertise debates in the forums.

Plus, this is the second topic you have on the same complaint on the same debate!
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
brooke_bowen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 9:50:28 AM
its called debate.org
and i do as i want and please thank you
go to my debate http://www.Debate.org...

I know it seems hard sometimes but remember one thing.
Through every dark night, theres a bright day after that.
So no matter how hard it get, stick your chest out, keep ya head up.... and handle it."
Tupac Shakur
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 9:53:18 AM
At 12/11/2009 9:38:47 AM, brooke_bowen wrote:
i m not being a bad player, but i do feel as if i have this debate pat down! i mean lets talk about this for a second
he states in his profile that he is atheist (no offence to anyone) and i comfront him on it and he replys with "my parents are as well atheist also" do we really know that as well? are could he just be saying that?

In the first round you make a few weak arguments, they could have been better developed, there is not much structure to what you argue.

In the second round you completely ignore the contentions made by your opponent. Again you don't really develop your arguments.

In the third round you neither supply an argument, nor address your opponents argument. In a debate your opponents profile, even what they actually are or believe is irrelevant. A devout catholic can argue for Atheism, a young earth creationist for evolution. It should be solely based on the debate itself.

Also as the instigator the burden of proof is on you, you failed to create a solid basis for your case. I did try to other you some advice before.

You did not have the argument down pat, and indeed you should have got the 14 points that you did.

Hopefully this will come across as constructive critcism! Maybe the best thing to do is read up on previous debates. I'd suggest looking up Kleptin (no offence to anyone else, they are several excellent debators here, he is just one of them).
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 9:55:09 AM
At 12/11/2009 9:53:18 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 12/11/2009 9:38:47 AM, brooke_bowen wrote:

In the first round you make a few weak arguments, they could have been better developed, there is not much structure to what you argue.

In the second round you completely ignore the contentions made by your opponent. Again you don't really develop your arguments.

In the third round you neither supply an argument, nor address your opponents argument. In a debate your opponents profile, even what they actually are or believe is irrelevant. A devout catholic can argue for Atheism, a young earth creationist for evolution. It should be solely based on the debate itself.

Also as the instigator the burden of proof is on you, you failed to create a solid basis for your case. I did try to other you some advice before.

You did not have the argument down pat, and indeed you should *not have got the 14 points that you did.

Hopefully this will come across as constructive critcism! Maybe the best thing to do is read up on previous debates. I'd suggest looking up Kleptin (no offence to anyone else, they are several excellent debators here, he is just one of them).

I think I fix'd it
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 9:55:50 AM
At 12/11/2009 9:50:28 AM, brooke_bowen wrote:
its called debate.org
and i do as i want and please thank you

The person educated you on board etiquette and then agreed to spend some of their time to help. Be polite.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 9:57:44 AM
Something always steals the *not*.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2009 6:58:30 PM
You lose the "Convincing Arguments" category for several reasons:
First, your syllogism really was non sequitor. Your first round did little to affirm the resolution. Focus on the resolution and make a few key points.
Second, you strayed from the topic several times. In the last round, you essentially stopped arguing the topic altogether. Trying to call your opponent a hypocrite (which ended up failing miserably) does nothng for the resolution.
Third, you had no sources.

And I promise you that you will never win a debate here if you do not capitalize the words that need to be capitalized.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light