Jump to topic:

Annoying Missionaries

Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 5:27:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
A few days ago I used my two week vacation from work. On my days off I sometimes go out at around 6:30am and run for about an hour or two. On a Tuesday I figured I might as well run that day as I was up. I went through my usual running route and about a quarter of the way through it this guy stops me and asks if I was a Christian. I replied no. He tries to tell me about Christianity and God and all that, and I tell him quote for quote:

'Sorry, I'm not interested in Christianity.'

Not rude, right? I then start to run again, to which he quickly stops me again, and says I'll go to hell if I don't believe in God. I say 'Well, we all have our own beliefs.' and continue to run again. This dickcheese stops me again, and tries to tell me more about Christianity and the word of God. At this point I'm pissed off, but somehow continue to be polite. I tell him I'm kind of in a hurry and an not interested in the first place. The guy then says he'll be laughing at me when I'm in hell from heaven. I tell him to fvck off and resume running.

I am absolutely fine with religious people and missionaries, but when they won't listen to a word I say and are just overly annoying, I get really pissed off.

Anyone else had a similar experience?
I can manage my anger if people can manage their stupidity.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 5:36:05 AM
"The guy then says he'll be laughing at me when I'm in hell from heaven."

You should have told him that, with his attitude, his laughing wouldn't be long-distance.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 7:14:20 AM
Interesting fact: St. Thomas Aquinas actually believed the same thing about hell. He thought that the prime pleasure in heaven would be watching his old high school bullies being tortured in hell. That's kind of perverse, isn't it?
Noctan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 9:25:38 AM
At 7/31/2013 5:36:05 AM, annanicole wrote:
"The guy then says he'll be laughing at me when I'm in hell from heaven."

You should have told him that, with his attitude, his laughing wouldn't be long-distance.

Haha, good one. It's funny, even in the Bible it addresses missionaries, but its says if the other person or people don't want to listen don't push them.
I can manage my anger if people can manage their stupidity.
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 1:20:46 PM
At 7/31/2013 7:14:20 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
Interesting fact: St. Thomas Aquinas actually believed the same thing about hell. He thought that the prime pleasure in heaven would be watching his old high school bullies being tortured in hell. That's kind of perverse, isn't it?

First, that's not the "prime pleasure"; Aquinas believed the happiness we attain in our union with God was the final end to which we strive -- "final and perfect happiness can consist in nothing else than the vision of the Divine Essence," ST 2.3.8. Aquinas believed this "implies a certain pleasure," ST, 2.34.3, since the attainment of this good cannot be without delight, ST, 2.4.1, but he did not believe pleasure itself was our last end, ST, 2.2.6. Essentially, the greatest happiness for man is his attainment of the sovereign good, the sight of God, and since pleasure itself is nothing but the "repose of the will in an appropriate good," SCG 3.26, he did not believe it was desired as the ultimate end.

Second, Aquinas understood 'rejoicing' in two ways, and he makes this clear in 94.3 of the supplement to the Summa Theologiae. First, Aquinas says we can rejoice in something in itself. An example would be the Saints in Heaven rejoicing in their union with God. Second, he says we can rejoice in something only inasmuch as something is attached to it. In this case, the distribution of God's justice is the means by which the Saints rejoice the punishment of the wicked, not the torment of the wicked itself. Aquinas even notes in his responses, "to rejoice in another's evil as such belongs to hatred, but not to rejoice in another's evil by reason of something annexed to it." Of course Thomas didn't believe we'd take pleasure in watching their torment -- he was discussing the distribution of justice.

Just wanted to clarify what Saint Thomas meant, since that wasn't even close.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
Unapologetic_Apologetic
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2013 11:36:59 PM
That sounds frustrating. I know how it is when someone won't shut up about something you're not interested in, especially when you politely make it clear that fact.

Missionaries should not harass people. If it's clear they're not interested, then they're not interested.
I reject your imaginary world and replace it with Reality.
Don't blame me. I voted for Romney.
Put on your big boy pants if you want to debate with me.

[X] - Single
[ ] - Taken
[ ] - Having delusions that a cartoon animal from a little girl's TV show would want to date me

DFTBA
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 10:40:01 AM
At 7/31/2013 5:27:50 AM, Noctan wrote:
A few days ago I used my two week vacation from work. On my days off I sometimes go out at around 6:30am and run for about an hour or two. On a Tuesday I figured I might as well run that day as I was up. I went through my usual running route and about a quarter of the way through it this guy stops me and asks if I was a Christian. I replied no. He tries to tell me about Christianity and God and all that, and I tell him quote for quote:

Not rude, right? I then start to run again, to which he quickly stops me again, and says I'll go to hell if I don't believe in God. I say 'Well, we all have our own beliefs.' and continue to run again. This dickcheese stops me again, and tries to tell me more about Christianity and the word of God. At this point I'm pissed off, but somehow continue to be polite. I tell him I'm kind of in a hurry and an not interested in the first place. The guy then says he'll be laughing at me when I'm in hell from heaven. I tell him to fvck off and resume running.

I am absolutely fine with religious people and missionaries, but when they won't listen to a word I say and are just overly annoying, I get really pissed off.

I experience this quite often as I preach the true gospel that Christians reject. They don't know that God created religion and it's ideas to deceive man from the truth, which is information without deception. Everything they speak is a lie based on the lies that the Romans wrote in their new testament.

Our Creator is invisible and will never be seen by human flesh but religious people need evidence so they always worship some man such as Abraham, Moses, Jesus, Mohammed, Joseph Smith or some other guru of religious thought. All these religious thoughts contains information with deception but they have no way of knowing how deceived they really are. That's because this whole world is nothing but a confusing mess of information that causes fear in most people. This was well planned by our Creator who planned on destroying it soon.

Now that we know that energy is information (God's stored thoughts called wavebits of energy), this age can end according to his plan. Neither Christianity nor any other religion will exist in the next age because it all came out of God's delusion called the "beast". This beast was used by God to get people to build things until we had the latest technology in place to reveal His infinite invisible Kingdom called energy that no man knew about until recently.

God had other saints in this world with the same knowledge that I have but they didn't have the telescope, microscope, computer, robots, internet, etc. to understand that we're only information (wavebits of energy) that is processed to give us the illusion of life experiences. What science doesn't understand yet, is that there is no such thing as mass (matter) or time in the thoughts of our Creator.

The information within His mind created a defined world from each of our perspectives as make-believe worlds (visions and dreams). This is the reason why some people can see U.F.O.'s and other people can't. God gives each one of us a different vision or dream to experience, even though we're all living in this world together.

In order to truly understand this, start listening to the dream experiences that people have while they're sleeping. You will learn that some of them have better experiences in these dreams than the experiences they have in this earthly dream we're all experiencing together. They have dream experiences that can't be explained by any information we have in this world.

Many of the movies we see today come from information that can't be found anywhere in this world. This means that there has to be a Creator who gives man the information within his mind to testify to it.

Leonardo de Vinci was drawing and sculpturing things that no man had ever seen before. All these ideas were put in his mind by our Creator and eventually, God used them to give man many other ideas that led to modern day technology.

Christians don't understand how God created us because they won't believe the modern day technology as coming from our Creator. They love to believe in words written 2,000 years ago as the truth but they are only testimonies by saints who knew the Truth as a witness, just like Leonardo had within his mind that no one could see until he sculptured or painted it for people to see, including himself.

Christians are always trying to argue with me because they fear the information I have within my mind and my testimonies in written or spoken language. I'm sure many people feared the things that Leonardo sculptured or painted, also. Especially the religious people who saw him paint religious themes in the beginning and ended up designing war machines that could quickly kill people. They must have thought he was possessed by the devil and was going to their hell, which doesn't exist at all. Their believef in hell is what gives them control of their fears. Fear comes from the lack of knowledge to know where fear comes from in the first place. This means they don't have the truth to settle their minds in peace.
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 8:21:52 PM
Dude, I'm sorry about that. I do a lot of evangelism, but I try to make it enjoyable for the other person as well. That guy was just rude... and stupid... and an idiot.
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 8:38:02 PM
As a young Jew targeted by missionaries in my childhood, being harassed and called a christ-killer eventually just became amusing, and easily ignored (though it probably had formative effects). The more dedicated missionaries (meaning the ones yelling louder at me as I'm walking down the street) tried to argue about religion with me and by the time I was 14-15 I actually enjoyed engaging and arguing with them. For the most part, even at that age, my OT knowledge exceeded these individuals (as I had about 10 years of formal OT education by then) so arguing was mostly a good time, and allowed me to hone my traditional arguments on the Jewish perspective.

By the time I was 18 I had probably argued with over 100 Christian missionaries on a wide range of topics, but mostly on the topic of why I was going to hell. By the time I was in my early 20's I had lost interest in arguing the same exact topic which always came down to the translation of a few specific words in the OT, or interpretation of specific passages. I don't think even one missionary who ever approached me could actually read the original text, so that was always the major impasse that hindered their ability to convince me of anything about why I should interpret X passage as meaning whatever they felt it should.

So I don't engage missionaries or even argue about religion much anymore. It's a personal thing, and a persons time is better spent exploring their own spirituality than potentially alienating and insulting others. But that's just my opinion on those types of missionaries, which is likely from a fairly unique experience with it (though shared by many young Jews).
Debate.org Moderator
gordonjames
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 9:16:43 PM

Anyone who does not respect your personal space after you tell them you are not interested needs to be ignored.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 11:38:03 PM
At 8/2/2013 10:46:41 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
bornofgod, you actually blow my mind.

Keep listening my friend.

4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Proverbs 13
1: A wise son hears his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 12:05:14 AM
At 8/3/2013 12:00:18 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Keep posting man!

I will my friend. I'll keep posting until I'm banned for life like I have been many times in these Christian forums. They hate the truth with a passion, as planned by our Creator.

Google "Brad Holkesvig" and you'll see what I mean.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 12:21:46 AM
At 8/3/2013 12:05:14 AM, bornofgod wrote:
Keep posting man!

I will my friend. I'll keep posting until I'm banned for life like I have been many times in these Christian forums. They hate the truth with a passion, as planned by our Creator.

Are you Brad Holkesvig?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 1:03:49 AM
At 8/3/2013 12:21:46 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Keep posting man!

Are you Brad Holkesvig?

Yes I am.

Check out my website;
1gospel.wordpress.com
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 1:10:44 AM
At 8/3/2013 1:03:49 AM, bornofgod wrote:
Keep posting man!

Are you Brad Holkesvig?

Yes I am.

Check out my website;
1gospel.wordpress.com

Do you still believe you are the latest coming of Christ?
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 1:18:22 AM
Keep posting man!

You aren't going to be banned for saying controversial things. Just don't spam the forums, don't spam preaching PMs to members, don't harass anyone, and you will be fine. This site doesn't have any problems with anyone's version of "truth" so long as it isn't violating any major conduct expectations. If you have any questions about that, feel free to contact me via PM.
Debate.org Moderator
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 2:17:05 AM
At 8/2/2013 10:46:41 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
bornofgod, you actually blow my mind.

At 8/2/2013 11:38:03 PM, bornofgod wrote:
Keep listening my friend.

4: Little children, you are of God, and have overcome them; for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world.
5: They are of the world, therefore what they say is of the world, and the world listens to them.
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Proverbs 13
1: A wise son hears his father's instruction, but a scoffer does not listen to rebuke.
YOUR First requirement is to legitimately demonstrate & Prove that a single word in your supposed preferred Story book are the words of ANY literal Supernatural god given to men?

Meanwhile all your testimony = BS, has the same value of those in other Cults = Zero!

Do you have a Statement of Faith you can provide for us to scrutinise, or is it just that same BS floating around in your head you make up & edit as you blunder along?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 2:33:22 AM
"I don't think even one missionary who ever approached me could actually read the original text,"

They should have contacted MadCornishBiker since the Holy Spirit (or holy spirit, as he calls Him) illuminates him to the meanings of the words and phrases. He has no need for lexicons or dictionaries: they are "Satanic." Thus, he simply decides what the passages mean (naturally in accordance with the WatchTower), claims "holy spirit" enlightened him, and moves on. Very quaint and convenient.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 2:47:37 AM
At 8/3/2013 2:33:22 AM, annanicole wrote:
"I don't think even one missionary who ever approached me could actually read the original text,"

They should have contacted MadCornishBiker since the Holy Spirit (or holy spirit, as he calls Him) illuminates him to the meanings of the words and phrases. He has no need for lexicons or dictionaries: they are "Satanic." Thus, he simply decides what the passages mean (naturally in accordance with the WatchTower), claims "holy spirit" enlightened him, and moves on. Very quaint and convenient.

haha sounds very convenient. It reiterates the point though that there really is no reason to argue with those that arbitrarily interpret things any way they choose to. In my case it was a fun exercise for awhile, but as I'm sure you've found, the arguments become circular and endless as one can dismiss/ignore/misinterpret any inconvenient aspects that they chose to. It becomes frustrating, pointless and is ultimately a waste of time. Also there rarely is a achievable goal in it (aside from the fun intellectual exercise I once enjoyed in arguing religion) as neither side are likely to change their views... Not that this was ever my motivation. I just didn't dig being told I was going to hell by some random zealot as I'd walk down the street.
Debate.org Moderator
THE_OPINIONATOR
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 2:50:23 PM

I'm a missionary and I don't pressure people like that, and I certinly don't tell them I'm going to laugh at then from Heaven when they are in Hell. Christ wouldn't have said that, we are Christians meaning 'little Christ' that wasn't very Christ like of him to say that. We are suppost to be Christ-like, that wasn't even close.
My Blog: Life Through The Eyes of a Christian

http://bloggingforjchrist.blogspot.com...

Life Through The Eyes of a Christian Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com...
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 3:32:41 PM
At 8/3/2013 1:07:45 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Just watched you speak for 40 mins so far lol

You're a cool dude, dude

Did you watch the one with the image of a dog speaking? Some of my friends liked that one.

I have around 100 videos but I made most of them private on youtube. It is much different speaking the words God puts in my mind than the written ones. Writing is slower so it's easier to keep up. When he had me speak the words into a microphone and camera without anyone around, it was weird. It looked like I was scared to speak in the first few videos because I was waiting for the words to speak at times so there were hesitations and looks of bewilderment.

Now I can rapidly speak the words with boldness and clarity to help my friends understand what I witness in my mind. If we get on Skype, you will notice a big difference in the way I speak today compared to my old videos.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 3:47:32 PM
At 8/3/2013 2:50:23 PM, THE_OPINIONATOR wrote:

I'm a missionary and I don't pressure people like that, and I certinly don't tell them I'm going to laugh at then from Heaven when they are in Hell. Christ wouldn't have said that, we are Christians meaning 'little Christ' that wasn't very Christ like of him to say that. We are suppost to be Christ-like, that wasn't even close.

All the Christians I know are more beast-like because that's where they get all their religious knowledge that causes them great fear of the unknown Creator. The first saint that you Christians call "Jesus", had the knowledge of God to understand that his body was only an illusion and that our created existence was invisible in the invisible mind of God. Jesus knew there wasn't any such thing as hell where bad people who don't obey him will be tortured forever. He was talking about all flesh perishing during this age, just like the prophecies show us.

Jesus knew that all God's people will be saved once their flesh dies. He knew the flesh contained false information called "Lucifer and the beast" that deceived all men during this first age. He also knew there would be an end to this age when everything is burned up, including the flesh of all God's people.

The Christian "Jesus" is whatever a Christian wants him to be. If they desire wealth, their Jesus will give them wealth but only to those who have better faith than another Christian, at least that's the delusional thinking that goes through their minds. Their Jesus becomes their greed and lust for the worldly things so they believe their Jesus gives them this world.

Our Creator takes everything away from us saints before he has us preach the gospel that reveals Christianity as a false religion and them worshiping false gods such as buildings, cars, jewelry, schools, crucifixes and all the worldly things man has built.

Since we saints have nothing in this world except food, clothing and a homeless spot to sleep at night, we aren't hypocrites when we reveal these false gods and lies of religious people in the gospel we preach.

Every missionary is deceived into thinking they can save God's people when us saints know that all God's people are already saved according to God's eternal plan. All we have to do is wait until our flesh perishes so we can awaken in the new age without deception. Death of our flesh is the only judgement that occurs to God's people but since we're created as invisible wavebits of energy, we'll never truly die. We go on to new experiences in the next age and never understand what death means. That's because we won't remember anything that happened in this first age.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 4:27:50 PM
At 8/3/2013 1:10:44 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Keep posting man!

Are you Brad Holkesvig?

Yes I am.

Check out my website;
1gospel.wordpress.com

lol
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 8:14:31 PM
At 8/3/2013 1:10:44 AM, airmax1227 wrote:
Keep posting man!

Are you Brad Holkesvig?

Yes I am.

Check out my website;
1gospel.wordpress.com

I don't have to believe in anything of this world. I know things that no man has ever known during this first age. That is Christ speaking to you.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 8:18:01 PM
At 8/3/2013 4:29:20 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Watching the bulldog video now.

I could do a much better one now with the latest information that I've received the past year or so. This video of the dog was made when I first came back from Spain to start preaching the gospel.

Maybe God will have me do another one like it but much more clear on the invisible nature of who we really are. I didn't have the clear understanding to say that all God's creation is in the Word (information without deception, which is wavebits of energy vibrating in harmony).
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2013 8:19:31 PM
At 8/3/2013 8:18:01 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/3/2013 4:29:20 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Watching the bulldog video now.

I could do a much better one now with the latest information that I've received the past year or so. This video of the dog was made when I first came back from Spain to start preaching the gospel.

Maybe God will have me do another one like it but much more clear on the invisible nature of who we really are. I didn't have the clear understanding to say that all God's creation is in the Word (information without deception, which is wavebits of energy vibrating in harmony).

It actually really hit home for me dude, my dog (much the same as the one you used) having killed a little kitten there recently and for me to see I'm pretty sure.