Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

The Trinity is not impossible/contradictory.

Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 3:50:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Christianity states that God has 3 aspects: the Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. Atheists often claim that this is impossible, because surely God cannot be 3 people at once?

He's omnipotent, so he can. And here's how.

Imagine a tabletop RPG. The player is the Father, who's calling the shots. The in-game avatar is the Son, who experiences the world of the game. The Holy Spirit is the player's influence over the entire game.

3 separate entities, 1 person. No logical contradiction or compromise necessary.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 3:59:08 AM
At 8/1/2013 3:50:11 AM, Jack212 wrote:
Christianity states that God has 3 aspects: the Father, the Son (Jesus) and the Holy Spirit. Atheists often claim that this is impossible, because surely God cannot be 3 people at once?

He's omnipotent, so he can.
It's not Omnipotent according to the Story book -

e.g. The Lord was with the men of Judah. They conquered29 the hill country, but
they could not30 conquer the people living in the coastal plain, because they
had chariots with iron-rimmed wheels.31 (Judges 1:19) NET Story book

So obviously Story book god is NOT Omnipotent, but as we read, is actually impotent
in the coastal plain and is also impotent against iron-wheel rimmed chariots and
is impotent against moi and we successfully manage to ' keep out ' ALL
Supernatural gods, especially & including your imagined ones? LOL!

The remainder of your claim is hence worthy only of the religious ideological rubbish bin!

Your vindicated mentor moi!
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 4:12:05 AM
At 8/1/2013 3:59:08 AM, Composer wrote:

He's omnipotent, so he can.
It's not Omnipotent according to the Story book -

e.g. The Lord was with the men of Judah. They conquered29 the hill country, but
they could not30 conquer the people living in the coastal plain, because they
had chariots with iron-rimmed wheels.31 (Judges 1:19) NET Story book

So obviously Story book god is NOT Omnipotent, but as we read, is actually impotent
in the coastal plain and is also impotent against iron-wheel rimmed chariots and
is impotent against moi and we successfully manage to ' keep out ' ALL
Supernatural gods, especially & including your imagined ones? LOL!

The remainder of your claim is hence worthy only of the religious ideological rubbish bin!

Your vindicated mentor moi!

1. I don't believe in God.

2. Your comment has nothing to do with my post.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 5:02:53 AM
You know I find it really weird that creating "everything" is not a problem in believing but believing that this same entity could be three entities in one is ridiculous and I'm an atheist. If one is believable then both must be, neither make ANY sense.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
slo1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 9:10:12 AM

Imagine a tabletop RPG. The player is the Father, who's calling the shots. The in-game avatar is the Son, who experiences the world of the game. The Holy Spirit is the player's influence over the entire game.

3 separate entities, 1 person. No logical contradiction or compromise necessary.

God = player & Holy Spirit = God's influence. Why not just keep it simple and call the Holy Spirit as "God's Influence".

People don't realize it, but when one reads about the Holy Spirit in the bible it sounds just like accounts of Buddhists gaining enlightenment. It is some magical gift that is given to some but not all who seek. If you are worthy enough.... BAM!.... you get the holy spirit and suddenly have knowledge/understanding that you never have had before.

Both are things you strive to obtain, but only if you do x,y,z and are good enough will you get it.

I don't understand why it needs to be its own entity though? What God can't bestow this upon his subjects unless there is a name for it?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 10:01:51 AM

Even our Creator knows He's the only God that exists. He's the Creator of everything, even His voice called the Word, or Christ.

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
3: For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.
14: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "For your sake I will send to Babylon and break down all the bars, and the shouting of the Chalde'ans will be turned to lamentations.
15: I am the LORD, your Holy One, the Creator of Israel, your King."

Isaiah 44
6: Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.
24: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth -- Who was with me? --

Nowhere in the prophecies does it show that a man named Jesus is God. The Christian triune god is the god of the Roman religious leaders who had the true saints killed, the ones who knew the ONE GOD, the Creator of all things.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 10:06:02 AM
At 8/1/2013 10:01:51 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Even our Creator knows He's the only God that exists. He's the Creator of everything, even His voice called the Word, or Christ.

Isaiah 43
1: But now thus says the LORD, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel: "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine.
2: When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
3: For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior. I give Egypt as your ransom, Ethiopia and Seba in exchange for you.
14: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel: "For your sake I will send to Babylon and break down all the bars, and the shouting of the Chalde'ans will be turned to lamentations.

Isaiah 44
6: Thus says the LORD, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the LORD of hosts: "I am the first and I am the last; besides me there is no god.
24: Thus says the LORD, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: "I am the LORD, who made all things, who stretched out the heavens alone, who spread out the earth -- Who was with me? --

Nowhere in the prophecies does it show that a man named Jesus is God. The Christian triune god is the god of the Roman religious leaders who had the true saints killed, the ones who knew the ONE GOD, the Creator of all things.

But you're the WORD borno. Am I right?
Oh BTW is your wife with you in campbell ca?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 10:23:16 AM

Yes so there is one person that is the player, the rest are just his attributes, doesn't make him 3 in one!!So as you are a person and you have a voice that speaks, and a hand that works, should I count you as 3 ?!!!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 10:26:57 AM
At 8/1/2013 10:23:16 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

Yes so there is one person that is the player, the rest are just his attributes, doesn't make him 3 in one!!So as you are a person and you have a voice that speaks, and a hand that works, should I count you as 3 ?!!!
An all powerful god couldn't possibly be 3 entities in one, I mean how could an all powerful god do that? Stupid right?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 10:30:35 AM
At 8/1/2013 10:06:02 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/1/2013 10:01:51 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Isaiah 43

Isaiah 44

But you're the WORD borno. Am I right?
Oh BTW is your wife with you in campbell ca?

Yes, I was created as the Word and the Word was spoken through all the prophets and saints. However, the prophets didn't have the knowledge to know that they were created as the Word of God. God had them write prophecies that they didn't understand. We saints were used to read the prophecies so God could interpret them by having us write in our own language to understand the symbolic messages in them.

The spanish woman God had me live with in Spain was used by Him to lure me away from my family, friends and work here in Campbell, CA. After five years of being with her, He removed my sexual desires and made me a eunuch. Nine months later, on June 16, 2008, He began using my flesh for His purpose to reveal His plan and how we were created. It took three years of writing and making videos before He sent me back to Campbell to preach the gospel where I've preached to thousands of His people already for the past two years.

Pastors and priests, along with most Christians around here reject the Truth that's spoken from the voice of God (gospel) that I preach. It appears you reject Him, also.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 10:31:30 AM
At 8/1/2013 10:26:57 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/1/2013 10:23:16 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

An all powerful god couldn't possibly be 3 entities in one, I mean how could an all powerful god do that? Stupid right?

I am not talking about can or can't , but about is or is not, based on the example given by the OP, He is not.
Jack212
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/1/2013 3:03:14 PM
Bloody religious nuts are shooting off at the mouth again. Can you just address my logic please? Air your personal views later.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2013 10:08:42 AM
At 8/1/2013 3:03:14 PM, Jack212 wrote:
Bloody religious nuts are shooting off at the mouth again. Can you just address my logic please? Air your personal views later.

In the example you gave, there is one being, the one that makes decisions is the God, the other things you mentioned are good to be his attributes, it doesn't make him 3 in one!

It doesn't mean anything to have 3 in one only, we could include all the attributes, the messengers and the universe to the definition of God if we follow that way.