Jump to topic:

Circus for A Psycho

justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 3:18:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm writing a book. It's a collection of various short stories I've written of various lengths. Some are as short as three-ish pages while the anchoring story is about 50, I'm not finished yet. When I am, the full book will be about 120 pages. Maybe a little more. It's a lot of my thoughts on society and American and Christian culture. The stories include:

Sheep in Wolf's Clothing

Jesus Hates Me, This I Know

Circus for a Psycho

and a few others. The subject matter includes homosexuality, faith in hard times, The Holocaust, and the consequences of not following God's guidelines.

If you could, would you buy a book like this for say, $5-10?
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 4:35:42 PM
Unless you have some sort of special arrangement, I'm not sure you can print it for $5 - $10. I wrote a booklet on the ridiculous religious doctrines of Alcoholics Anonymous, beginning with the fact that every court has declared it a religion (its cardinal claim is that it is not religious) all the way to its 0% success rate (which would be expected based upon its false religious views). Anyway, people started asking for copies of it. It is about 80 pages and cost $7 to print and glue.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 9:44:04 PM
At 8/4/2013 4:35:42 PM, annanicole wrote:
Unless you have some sort of special arrangement, I'm not sure you can print it for $5 - $10. I wrote a booklet on the ridiculous religious doctrines of Alcoholics Anonymous, beginning with the fact that every court has declared it a religion (its cardinal claim is that it is not religious) all the way to its 0% success rate (which would be expected based upon its false religious views). Anyway, people started asking for copies of it. It is about 80 pages and cost $7 to print and glue.

A friend of mine has an e-book on Amazon that cost him nothing to print and glue.
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 10:30:58 PM
At 8/4/2013 5:38:23 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Probably not, no....but don't let that discourage you dude.

annanicole, you're just nuts.

Eh, I've already got about 20 pre-orders, so I'm all ego-boosted.
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 10:38:33 PM
At 8/4/2013 5:38:23 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Probably not, no....but don't let that discourage you dude.

annanicole, you're just nuts.

Thank you. That means a lot to me, coming from someone who thinks bornofgod is "interesting" and semi-sane. LOL Just letting him know what it cost me to have a little booklet made - and the facts in the booklet are unassailable.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2013 10:42:38 PM

On a side note, I agree with you anna that AA is a ridiculous organization, let alone to be a "religious" establishment. The same goes for NA (Narcotics Anonymous).
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/5/2013 3:10:02 AM
At 8/4/2013 10:42:38 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:

On a side note, I agree with you anna that AA is a ridiculous organization, let alone to be a "religious" establishment. The same goes for NA (Narcotics Anonymous).

Yep, and I especially take exception to their claim of being non-religious when in fact the entirety of the program is religious in nature. "We are spiritual, not religious" is a meaningless statement. Couple that with the fact that the success rate is about 5% with or without AA or NA: it just makes no difference as far as drug use, but it makes a lot of difference as far as participation in cultish religious groups.