Total Posts:77|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

lord jesus vs. mehommud

banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2009 12:06:06 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Who would be a batter leader for a peacefull world?
Who would be a batter example for children?
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2009 12:23:54 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Well let me see now, Jesus was fond of fish, after all he often prepared fish dishes for his friends and I think a couple of his disciples were fisherman. I am certain that Jesus not only had some excellent batter recipes he was also well practiced in their use.

Mohammed on the other hand I am not too sure, as a businessman with many wives he probably, given the nature of the age, did not cook.

So I would say Jesus would certainly be the leader in terms of batter.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2009 4:59:02 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Jesus ftw.

Muhammad was involved in a lot of military exploits so he's not exactly peaceful all the time. Meanwhile, Jesus was all about peace. Further, as CN said - Muhammad had a bunch of wives; I think he even married a 6 or 7 year old girl (either that or they were engaged when she was that old) ... Nevertheless, I don't exactly see that as being a good role model for children. I'm going with my nigga JC on this one :)
President of DDO
banker
Posts: 1,370
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2009 8:29:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Thelwerd don't qote cereb he is a funny guy . Cereb writes satire.!! Cereb is a funny guy a joker ..!
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2009 8:30:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I no...! daoanta doe EET...!
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/13/2009 8:31:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/13/2009 12:23:54 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Well let me see now, Jesus was fond of fish, after all he often prepared fish dishes for his friends and I think a couple of his disciples were fisherman. I am certain that Jesus not only had some excellent batter recipes he was also well practiced in their use.

Mohammed on the other hand I am not too sure, as a businessman with many wives he probably, given the nature of the age, did not cook.

So I would say Jesus would certainly be the leader in terms of batter.

10/10
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Sylux
Posts: 290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 8:38:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/13/2009 4:59:02 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Jesus ftw.

Muhammad was involved in a lot of military exploits so he's not exactly peaceful all the time. Meanwhile, Jesus was all about peace. Further, as CN said - Muhammad had a bunch of wives; I think he even married a 6 or 7 year old girl (either that or they were engaged when she was that old) ... Nevertheless, I don't exactly see that as being a good role model for children. I'm going with my nigga JC on this one :)
She was nine (sexyyyyyyy).
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 8:48:56 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 8:38:08 AM, Sylux wrote:
At 12/13/2009 4:59:02 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Jesus ftw.

Muhammad was involved in a lot of military exploits so he's not exactly peaceful all the time. Meanwhile, Jesus was all about peace. Further, as CN said - Muhammad had a bunch of wives; I think he even married a 6 or 7 year old girl (either that or they were engaged when she was that old) ... Nevertheless, I don't exactly see that as being a good role model for children. I'm going with my nigga JC on this one :)
She was nine (sexyyyyyyy).

She was no younger than 14.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Sylux
Posts: 290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 9:03:25 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 8:48:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 12/14/2009 8:38:08 AM, Sylux wrote:
At 12/13/2009 4:59:02 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Jesus ftw.

Muhammad was involved in a lot of military exploits so he's not exactly peaceful all the time. Meanwhile, Jesus was all about peace. Further, as CN said - Muhammad had a bunch of wives; I think he even married a 6 or 7 year old girl (either that or they were engaged when she was that old) ... Nevertheless, I don't exactly see that as being a good role model for children. I'm going with my nigga JC on this one :)
She was nine (sexyyyyyyy).

She was no younger than 14.
14-year-olds are NOT sexy. Only an idiot would choose a 14-year-old over a 9-year-old.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 9:03:42 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 8:48:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

She was no younger than 14.

Every single source I have read claims that they were betrothed when she was 6 or 7, and the marriage occurred (and was consummated) when she was 9 or 10.
President of DDO
Sylux
Posts: 290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 9:09:36 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 9:03:42 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/14/2009 8:48:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

She was no younger than 14.

Every single source I have read claims that they were betrothed when she was 6 or 7, and the marriage occurred (and was consummated) when she was 9 or 10.

6? Even sexier.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 10:12:39 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 9:03:42 AM, theLwerd wrote:
At 12/14/2009 8:48:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

She was no younger than 14.

Every single source I have read claims that they were betrothed when she was 6 or 7, and the marriage occurred (and was consummated) when she was 9 or 10.

There was quite an extensive article about this on wikipedia but it appears to have been purged. Basically the argument is that we only know the year she got married, and the year she fled to Egypt to escape persecution (and nearly got married).

If she was 6 when wed then she would have no more than a foetus when she fled to Egypt, no one would have chronicled the life of a foetus, no one would have considered marrying a foetus.

I'll try and find some evidence.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 10:13:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 9:03:25 AM, Sylux wrote:
At 12/14/2009 8:48:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 12/14/2009 8:38:08 AM, Sylux wrote:
At 12/13/2009 4:59:02 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Jesus ftw.

Muhammad was involved in a lot of military exploits so he's not exactly peaceful all the time. Meanwhile, Jesus was all about peace. Further, as CN said - Muhammad had a bunch of wives; I think he even married a 6 or 7 year old girl (either that or they were engaged when she was that old) ... Nevertheless, I don't exactly see that as being a good role model for children. I'm going with my nigga JC on this one :)
She was nine (sexyyyyyyy).

She was no younger than 14.
14-year-olds are NOT sexy. Only an idiot would choose a 14-year-old over a 9-year-old.

...

What?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Sylux
Posts: 290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 10:14:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 10:12:39 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
no one would have considered marrying a foetus.

I'll try and find some evidence.

Don't say no-one. I'm sure there were some.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
Sylux
Posts: 290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 10:40:26 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 10:13:13 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 12/14/2009 9:03:25 AM, Sylux wrote:
At 12/14/2009 8:48:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 12/14/2009 8:38:08 AM, Sylux wrote:
At 12/13/2009 4:59:02 PM, theLwerd wrote:
Jesus ftw.

Muhammad was involved in a lot of military exploits so he's not exactly peaceful all the time. Meanwhile, Jesus was all about peace. Further, as CN said - Muhammad had a bunch of wives; I think he even married a 6 or 7 year old girl (either that or they were engaged when she was that old) ... Nevertheless, I don't exactly see that as being a good role model for children. I'm going with my nigga JC on this one :)
She was nine (sexyyyyyyy).

She was no younger than 14.
14-year-olds are NOT sexy. Only an idiot would choose a 14-year-old over a 9-year-old.

...

What?
>_>
<_<
You didn't hear nuffin', mang.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 10:59:46 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 10:12:39 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

There was quite an extensive article about this on wikipedia but it appears to have been purged. Basically the argument is that we only know the year she got married, and the year she fled to Egypt to escape persecution (and nearly got married).

If she was 6 when wed then she would have no more than a foetus when she fled to Egypt, no one would have chronicled the life of a foetus, no one would have considered marrying a foetus.

I'll try and find some evidence.

Yes, try to find some evidence.

I didn't use Wiki as my source; I actually searched all over the internet to specifically avoid Wikipedia. From what I gather, a lot of Muslim apologetics or people trying to deend Muhammad try desperately to push the age of her marriage and consummation to 14 o 15, but that is simply not supported anywhere.

Here's one link with a great explanation --

http://www.islamic-awareness.org...

She was indeed 9 years old having sex with a 50+ something year old man.

The same kind of "pedophilia" occurrences happened among the Jews and Christians as well; that's why I find it hilarious when Christians use the pedophile argument when discussing homosexuality :)
President of DDO
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 11:23:03 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
In 615 Aisha and her family flees to Ethiopia. At this point in time she was engaged. It was a long standing engagement. Her father tried to get her married there and then but the fellow concerned backed off.

In 622 Aisha is married to Mohammed.

You claim that at the time of marriage Aisha was 6.
This would mean that when she fled to Ethiopia (during which time she was engaged and nearly married), she had not been born.

This seems unlikely.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 11:24:58 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Well considering that I'm not an expert in Muslim history, I'm really not claiming anything - I'm just relaying what I've read. Do you have a source?
President of DDO
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 11:31:02 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 11:24:58 AM, theLwerd wrote:
Well considering that I'm not an expert in Muslim history, I'm really not claiming anything - I'm just relaying what I've read. Do you have a source?

Only crapapedia. But the same article has had the same dates for many years and as it is the number one favourite topic for flamewars they must be fairly satisfied as to accuracy.

However rather more importantly a lot of Muslims don't agree with me, which may be some Islamic countries have very low or non-existant laws concerning age of consent.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 11:35:35 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
I kinda like Wikipedia :)

And eh... I dunno nearly enough about the subject to have an educated opinion. My gut hunch tells me she was that young though. I wouldn't put it past them lol. Muhammad's a creep. From what I do know about the history, he also profited a lot off of looters, thieves, etc. Guess he couldn't practice what he preached, as so many preachers tend not to do :)
President of DDO
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 11:57:40 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
True, the Prophet Mohammed sounds like he was a bit shady to say the least but how many people realise that Jesus was gay and that John the Evangelist was his boyfriend?

http://www.debate.org...
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Sylux
Posts: 290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 11:58:04 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Wikipedia and Wikias are amazing. I can spend all day browsing through random crap I find interesting. One time I started out looking up Schizoid Personality Disorder and somehow by the end of the class period ended up at a page about Batman's timeline of significant events.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
Sylux
Posts: 290
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 11:59:13 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 11:57:40 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
True, the Prophet Mohammed sounds like he was a bit shady to say the least but how many people realise that Jesus was gay and that John the Evangelist was his boyfriend?

http://www.debate.org...

Also, if Jesus were gay he'd be that much more badass. Well, if he were real to begin with.
"Can you see? Do you know?
The string behind you, it's shiny and pretty.
Where is my string.
Give me because I don't know.
Give me your string.
Give me everything."
-grasshoppa
InsertNameHere
Posts: 15,699
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 12:06:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 11:59:13 AM, Sylux wrote:
At 12/14/2009 11:57:40 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Also, if Jesus were gay he'd be that much more badass. Well, if he were real to begin with.

He was real. Even most non-religious historians will agree to that. The argument really comes down to whether he was divine or just simply a historical figure.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 3:03:22 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 11:35:35 AM, theLwerd wrote:
I kinda like Wikipedia :)


So do I, I was only slagging it off in the hopes people would like me and be my friend.

And eh... I dunno nearly enough about the subject to have an educated opinion. My gut hunch tells me she was that young though. I wouldn't put it past them lol. Muhammad's a creep. From what I do know about the history, he also profited a lot off of looters, thieves, etc. Guess he couldn't practice what he preached, as so many preachers tend not to do :)

When someone 'attacks' Islam on false or dubious grounds I do try to defend it, I do this because I once found myself on a forum dominated by the worst parodies of the far right, including several extremist zionists. Also I did briefly have a secret relationship with a most beautiful and wonderful Muslim girl. As a result though I never stopped condeming terrorism and extremism I did start to become a slight 'apoligist' for Islam.

The truth is I am not particular impressed by the life and example of Mohammed and as a general rule I don't really care much for the religion he created. There is not an Islamic country that would not be made better by a sudden dose of secularisation, I would not want to live in an Islamic country, I would not want to raise children in an Islamic country, the thought as far-fetched as it is that Britain might be an Islamic country some day terrifies me (it's never going to happen though).

I would even go so far to suggest that western Governments start to instigate laws to curb Islamic immigration, encourage Islamic emmigration and prevent the steady process whereby our countries change to accomadate them.

It would also be nice if we could stop bombing them for profit but hey-ho!

I do not dislike individual Muslims because they are Muslim, indeed I am sure the religion makes many of them into better people. But I do consider in general terms the Islamic movement to be atavistic, dangerous and retrogade far more so than any other major faith.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
johngriswald
Posts: 1,294
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/14/2009 4:15:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/14/2009 8:48:56 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

She was no younger than 14.

Sauce plox.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com