Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 4:52:28 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/6/2013 4:32:36 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Lol, aren't you newly Christian? More Catholic than the pope, eh?

I became a Christian 2 years, 26 days, 18 hours, and 15 minutes more or less. I had knowledge, but I didn't KNOW God.

This is not Christianity:

"I am a Christian, I just don't act like it cause I'm not hardcore like you."
Claims to be a Christian, rants against parents on DDO
Denies basic church doctrines
Claims to be a Christian, Curses like a sailor
Claims to be a Christian, says God doesn't require complete obedience.

This is Christianity:

Matthew 16:24-26
"24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"

That is true Christianity.
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 4:53:11 PM
At 8/6/2013 4:38:31 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:
At 8/6/2013 3:53:19 PM, justin.graves wrote:
A message from justin.graves for a good deal of the "Christians" on this site:

http://www.debate.org...

So what do you think it means?

Matthew 16:24
"Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."

That is what it means.
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:02:48 PM
At 8/6/2013 4:53:11 PM, justin.graves wrote:

"Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me."

That is what it means.

I agree completely, and it's a very sad day when unsaved people have better manners and more respect than a Christian does.
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:03:26 PM
At 8/6/2013 4:52:28 PM, justin.graves wrote:
At 8/6/2013 4:32:36 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Lol, aren't you newly Christian? More Catholic than the pope, eh?

I became a Christian 2 years, 26 days, 18 hours, and 15 minutes more or less. I had knowledge, but I didn't KNOW God.

This is not Christianity:

"I am a Christian, I just don't act like it cause I'm not hardcore like you."
Claims to be a Christian, rants against parents on DDO
Denies basic church doctrines
Claims to be a Christian, Curses like a sailor
Claims to be a Christian, says God doesn't require complete obedience.

This is Christianity:

"24 Then Jesus said to his disciples, "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me. 25 For whoever wants to save their life will lose it, but whoever loses their life for me will find it. 26 What good will it be for someone to gain the whole world, yet forfeit their soul? Or what can anyone give in exchange for their soul?"

Unbelievers don't care what the scriptures are really suggesting. They always find scriptures that allow them to keep sinning like a fool and worship false gods and idols. Even the Bible is worshiped by them as being the true Word of God but the Word is invisible and can only be spoken through a sinless saint. That happens to be who I am.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:04:15 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:02:48 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:

That is what it means.

I agree completely, and it's a very sad day when unsaved people have better manners and more respect than a Christian does.

That's remarkably condescending.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:07:12 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:04:15 PM, 000ike wrote:

That is what it means.

Well, I don't think he meant it quite in that way. The point is that Christians are called to be kinder and better than the world. So if they are not just matching but passing us, it is a sad thing to see.
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:08:10 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:04:15 PM, 000ike wrote:

That is what it means.

I wasn't patronizing the unbelievers on here; I truly meant what I said.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:12:13 PM
Religion is what gives man excuse to feel immortal (heaven) and ethically superior (10 commandments). God is just an extension of our mortal ego.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
gordonjames
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:12:42 PM
At 8/6/2013 4:52:28 PM, justin.graves wrote:

I like what Jesus' brother James wrote (check out v 26 & 27)

James 1
19 This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God. 21 Therefore, putting aside all filthiness and all that remains of wickedness, in humility receive the word implanted, which is able to save your souls. 22 But prove yourselves doers of the word, and not merely hearers who delude themselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks at his natural face in a mirror; 24 for once he has looked at himself and gone away, he has immediately forgotten what kind of person he was. 25 But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does.

26 If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man"s religion is worthless. 27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:15:48 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:12:13 PM, 000ike wrote:
Religion is what gives man excuse to feel immortal (heaven) and ethically superior (10 commandments). God is just an extension of our mortal ego.

For a "christian" working his way to Heaven, perhaps, but for a truly born-again christian who believes he can't make it to Heaven without Jesus, then no.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:16:46 PM
bornofGod: " Even the Bible is worshiped by them as being the true Word of God but the Word is invisible and can only be spoken through a sinless saint. That happens to be who I am."

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." (I Jn 1: 8)
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:17:49 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:16:46 PM, annanicole wrote:
bornofGod: " Even the Bible is worshiped by them as being the true Word of God but the Word is invisible and can only be spoken through a sinless saint. That happens to be who I am."

"If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." (I Jn 1: 8)

Ditto.
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:21:23 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:15:48 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:

For a "christian" working his way to Heaven, perhaps, but for a truly born-again christian who believes he can't make it to Heaven without Jesus, then no.

Exactly. Ephesians 2:8-10 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:23:41 PM

Here's the scriptures you left out to show that us saints are made sinless to preach the true gospel. Why do you Christians always leave out the good parts in the scriptures?

1 John 1:
7: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
8: If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10: If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 2:
3: And by this we may be sure that we know him, if we keep his commandments.
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him; ( This describes sinful Christians)
29: If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that every one who does right is born of him.

1 John 3:
6: No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.
9: No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

1 John 5:
2: By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.
3: For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.
18: We know that any one born of God does not sin, but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Romans 6:
20: When you were slaves of sin, you were free in regard to righteousness.
21: But then what return did you get from the things of which you are now ashamed? The end of those things is death.
22: But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the return you get is sanctification and its end, eternal life.
23: For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 8
31: Jesus then said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples,
32: and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free."
33: They answered him, "We are descendants of Abraham, and have never been in bondage to any one. How is it that you say, `You will be made free'?"
34: Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, every one who commits sin is a slave to sin (Christians are sinners who are slaves to their sins).
35: The slave does not continue in the house for ever; the son continues for ever.
36: So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.

Galations 5:
24: And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Romans 8
1: There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
2: For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death.

Why did you lie to me?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:27:08 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:21:23 PM, justin.graves wrote:
At 8/6/2013 5:15:48 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:

Exactly. Ephesians 2:8-10 "For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them.

Hi my new friend. It appears God has blessed you with being a true believer. Start listening to the message in my posts to see if you're truly blessed. By the way you're handling the scriptures, I can see that God has given you some knowledge to work with. This only means you're set aside as a believer, not a saint, which takes many years for God to get ready for Him to use for His purpose. I'm a saint with His knowledge to understand all the prophecies and how we'll live in the next age. So try listening to God within my posts and see if you can hear Him. Okay?
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:28:55 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:23:41 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Here's the scriptures you left out to show that us saints are made sinless to preach the true gospel. Why do you Christians always leave out the good parts in the scriptures?

1 John 1:
7: but if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus his Son cleanses us from all sin.
9: If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just, and will forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
10: If we say we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

1 John 2:
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him; ( This describes sinful Christians)
29: If you know that he is righteous, you may be sure that every one who does right is born of him.

1 John 3:
6: No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.
9: No one born of God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin because he is born of God.

1 John 5:
2: By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and obey his commandments.
3: For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments. And his commandments are not burdensome.
18: We know that any one born of God does not sin, but He who was born of God keeps him, and the evil one does not touch him.

Romans 6:
21: But then what return did you get from the things of which you are now ashamed? The end of those things is death.
22: But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves of God, the return you get is sanctification and its end, eternal life.
23: For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

John 8
31: Jesus then said to the Jews who had believed in him, "If you continue in my word, you are truly my disciples,
33: They answered him, "We are descendants of Abraham, and have never been in bondage to any one. How is it that you say, `You will be made free'?"
34: Jesus answered them, "Truly, truly, I say to you, every one who commits sin is a slave to sin (Christians are sinners who are slaves to their sins).
35: The slave does not continue in the house for ever; the son continues for ever.

Galations 5:
24: And those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.

Romans 8
2: For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has set me free from the law of sin and death.

Why did you lie to me?

We didn't lie to you; Jesus' blood does save you and cleanses you from sin, but a christian can still sin after he is saved. It's wrong, but it does occur (thinking of David, Moses, Peter, Paul, etc).
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:52:52 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:28:55 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:

1 John 1:

1 John 2:

1 John 3:

1 John 5:

Romans 6:

John 8

Galations 5:

Romans 8

Why did you lie to me?

We didn't lie to you; Jesus' blood does save you and cleanses you from sin, but a christian can still sin after he is saved. It's wrong, but it does occur (thinking of David, Moses, Peter, Paul, etc).

You didn't read these scriptures, did you? or at least you didn't see the clear message that us saints CAN'T sin anymore after we're born of God.

1 John 3:

1 John 5:

It's impossible for me to sin for the rest of eternity because I'm a saint who's born of God and know things that no sinner has ever known before.

If you keep arguing with me, all you're going to do is get angry and that's NOT from our Creator. That comes from Lucifer (satan, serpent, devil, wicked flesh, antichrist).
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 5:59:08 PM
You "cannot sin" in the same sense that a person living after the flesh "cannot cease sinning." Same difference.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 6:09:55 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:52:52 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/6/2013 5:28:55 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:

1 John 1:

1 John 2:

1 John 3:

1 John 5:

Romans 6:

John 8

Galations 5:

Romans 8

Why did you lie to me?

You didn't read these scriptures, did you? or at least you didn't see the clear message that us saints CAN'T sin anymore after we're born of God.

1 John 3:

1 John 5:

It's impossible for me to sin for the rest of eternity because I'm a saint who's born of God and know things that no sinner has ever known before.

If you keep arguing with me, all you're going to do is get angry and that's NOT from our Creator. That comes from Lucifer (satan, serpent, devil, wicked flesh, antichrist).

God circumcises the believers soul from his/her body at the time of salvation (Colossians 2:11), thereby keeping your soul clean from sin (which is why 1 John 3:9 says no one born of God can sin) but you still have a flesh nature that sins. Romans 7:18 reads, "For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) DWELLETH NO GOOD THING: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not."
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 6:11:18 PM
At 8/6/2013 6:09:31 PM, stubs wrote:
Can someone please clarify this for me bruh. Is this dude saying he doesn't sin since he became a Christian?

Pretty much... yeah.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 6:12:43 PM
At 8/6/2013 6:11:18 PM, justin.graves wrote:
Can someone please clarify this for me bruh. Is this dude saying he doesn't sin since he became a Christian?

Pretty much... yeah.

Well if he hasn't than he's a much better man than me. If he has I would be scared to say things like that, if it was me, knowing God hears me haha
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 6:18:10 PM

Are you trolling?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 6:27:01 PM

Keep going, child.
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2013 7:05:05 PM
At 8/6/2013 6:18:10 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

Are you trolling?

The man is no troll. But I really wish he was.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 5:39:11 PM
At 8/6/2013 5:59:08 PM, annanicole wrote:
You "cannot sin" in the same sense that a person living after the flesh "cannot cease sinning." Same difference.

Christians are sinners who keep disobeying the commandments of God. They worship false gods, use God's name in vain, steal his words to benefit their flesh, kill their enemies as in war against other nations, and hate the Truth spoken by a true saint.

We saints are made sinless and will NEVER sin again which means we will always obey the commandments of God once we're born again into His Kingdom.

Sinful Christians will die in their flesh without ever knowing what it's like to obey the commandments of God.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2013 5:43:42 PM

I'm not a Christian who can't obey the commandments of God. The fact that Christians worship in false gods (church buildings) proves they have no idea who God is. God's commandment to not worship any other gods before Him cannot be obeyed by Christians because they're sinners and not sinless saints.

1 John 2:
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

8: He who commits sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.