Total Posts:114|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Perfect Mistake

sdavio
Posts: 1,798
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 9:14:21 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I don't think a person can be 'perfect.' I don't even know what that would mean..
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 9:39:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 7:04:57 AM, s-anthony wrote:
How many of you agree with the statement, "You can be perfect and still make mistakes"?

Are we talking from a biblical viewpoint? What's your definition of perfect?
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 10:28:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 9:39:27 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 7:04:57 AM, s-anthony wrote:
How many of you agree with the statement, "You can be perfect and still make mistakes"?

Are we talking from a biblical viewpoint? What's your definition of perfect?

They all have as the first defense (usually the only) EQUIVOCATION. The great shield of religion created especially for religion by god from the entrails of the last invisible pink unicorn. All praise be to muhammad and his servant allah
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
imabench
Posts: 21,216
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 10:30:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 9:14:21 AM, sdavio wrote:
I don't think a person can be 'perfect.' I don't even know what that would mean..

^ +1
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:45:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 10:28:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 9:39:27 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 7:04:57 AM, s-anthony wrote:
How many of you agree with the statement, "You can be perfect and still make mistakes"?

Are we talking from a biblical viewpoint? What's your definition of perfect?

They all have as the first defense (usually the only) EQUIVOCATION. The great shield of religion created especially for religion by god from the entrails of the last invisible pink unicorn. All praise be to muhammad and his servant allah

Very well. All trolling aside, though, the question still stands.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:52:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 11:45:08 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 10:28:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 9:39:27 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 7:04:57 AM, s-anthony wrote:
How many of you agree with the statement, "You can be perfect and still make mistakes"?

Are we talking from a biblical viewpoint? What's your definition of perfect?

They all have as the first defense (usually the only) EQUIVOCATION. The great shield of religion created especially for religion by god from the entrails of the last invisible pink unicorn. All praise be to muhammad and his servant allah

Very well. All trolling aside, though, the question still stands.

Well, to be fair to the religious, I think that it might depend on the definition of "mistake".

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that there is a God, and that God is perfect.
Let's say that it's not possible for him to know or control the actions of others and still allow them free will.
Let's say he creates beings with free will, wanting them to have free will.
Let's say those things he creates then do things that he does not approve of.

Was that a mistake? Well, it might be called one, in that he did not get the outcome he wanted. But he was "perfect"; the problem lies in that his perfection cannot influence or foresee the outcome.

Now, not all religious people would accept those premises (such as the inability to predict the decisions of free will, or the control of actions). But without those, it seems then the mistake would be a fault of the actor (God), and so therefore damaging to the perfection.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 11:59:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 11:52:25 AM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/14/2013 11:45:08 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 10:28:11 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 9:39:27 AM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 7:04:57 AM, s-anthony wrote:
How many of you agree with the statement, "You can be perfect and still make mistakes"?

Are we talking from a biblical viewpoint? What's your definition of perfect?

They all have as the first defense (usually the only) EQUIVOCATION. The great shield of religion created especially for religion by god from the entrails of the last invisible pink unicorn. All praise be to muhammad and his servant allah

Very well. All trolling aside, though, the question still stands.

Well, to be fair to the religious, I think that it might depend on the definition of "mistake".

Let's say, for the sake of argument, that there is a God, and that God is perfect.
Let's say that it's not possible for him to know or control the actions of others and still allow them free will.
Let's say he creates beings with free will, wanting them to have free will.
Let's say those things he creates then do things that he does not approve of.

Was that a mistake? Well, it might be called one, in that he did not get the outcome he wanted. But he was "perfect"; the problem lies in that his perfection cannot influence or foresee the outcome.

Now, not all religious people would accept those premises (such as the inability to predict the decisions of free will, or the control of actions). But without those, it seems then the mistake would be a fault of the actor (God), and so therefore damaging to the perfection.

Without equivocation you also have to define 'mistake' as something that occured both inadvertenly and to the negative of the original purpose.

Biblical perfection is defined as complete, not sinless or without flaw. So, the answer would be obviously, although I don't think that was the intent of the question. That's why I asked the question.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:04:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Now, I obviously don't believe in God.

But addressing the definition of mistake given, if God rolled a die under circumstances that he couldn't (in order to achieve his purpose) influence the outcome directly except by rolling, and wanted 6, but got a 2, that would be inadvertent and against the origianl purpose (which was to get a 6). But it wouldn't be a mistake that affected perfection.

So I think the question revolves around the type of mistake we're talking about here, is it a fault of action, or a fault inherent in the type of action (like with a die roll).
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:28:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'm perfect and I must confess that I made a mistake on the 14th of Dec 1987.
No I didn't I just tell god that to make him feel better. haha
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:48:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 7:04:57 AM, s-anthony wrote:
How many of you agree with the statement, "You can be perfect and still make mistakes"?

God made perfect mistakes to make His people believe that other people made a mistake and did something wrong.

The Truth is that no one has ever did anything wrong. We all did God's will no matter if it was in His delusion or out of His delusion.
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:04:17 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Now, I obviously don't believe in God.

But addressing the definition of mistake given, if God rolled a die under circumstances that he couldn't (in order to achieve his purpose) influence the outcome directly except by rolling, and wanted 6, but got a 2, that would be inadvertent and against the origianl purpose (which was to get a 6). But it wouldn't be a mistake that affected perfection.

So I think the question revolves around the type of mistake we're talking about here, is it a fault of action, or a fault inherent in the type of action (like with a die roll).

Hang on. I didn't say, nor do I believe that God acted in that way.

I just think we should get the conversation right before we get to the huge list of complaints against God and how unfair and unjust He is.

I do believe God is perfect and I don't think He made any mistakes. I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

God is perfect, complete within himself. God can make us perfect in Christ. God's plan is not quite perfected at the moment, but it will be, as demonstrated by Jesus reading Isaiah in the temple:

Luke 4:17-19:
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.


He was reading Isaiah 61:
1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.


He left off a couple parts because that was his mission the first time. The next time, He's going to come back and complete his work.
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:15:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

So why are you here? Here on earth? What is your purpose here?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:18:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:04:17 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
Now, I obviously don't believe in God.

But addressing the definition of mistake given, if God rolled a die under circumstances that he couldn't (in order to achieve his purpose) influence the outcome directly except by rolling, and wanted 6, but got a 2, that would be inadvertent and against the origianl purpose (which was to get a 6). But it wouldn't be a mistake that affected perfection.

So I think the question revolves around the type of mistake we're talking about here, is it a fault of action, or a fault inherent in the type of action (like with a die roll).

Hang on. I didn't say, nor do I believe that God acted in that way.

I just think we should get the conversation right before we get to the huge list of complaints against God and how unfair and unjust He is.

I do believe God is perfect and I don't think He made any mistakes. I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

God is perfect, complete within himself. God can make us perfect in Christ. God's plan is not quite perfected at the moment, but it will be, as demonstrated by Jesus reading Isaiah in the temple:

Luke 4:17-19:
17 And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,
18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,
19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.


He was reading Isaiah 61:
1 The Spirit of the Lord God is upon me; because the Lord hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound;
2 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn;
3 To appoint unto them that mourn in Zion, to give unto them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for mourning, the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; that they might be called trees of righteousness, the planting of the Lord, that he might be glorified.


He left off a couple parts because that was his mission the first time. The next time, He's going to come back and complete his work.

You're missing the boat. It's been parked in this world for five years now and is getting ready to launch to the next age.
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:19:45 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:15:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

So why are you here? Here on earth? What is your purpose here?

Serve God and keep his commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:23:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
Hang on. I didn't say, nor do I believe that God acted in that way.

I wasn't trying to indicate you were. Though, to be honest, I had a bit of trouble parsing the meaning in your post...but I wasn't trying to say that was your point.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:23:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:19:45 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:15:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

So why are you here? Here on earth? What is your purpose here?

Serve God and keep his commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13.
Why?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:24:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I just think we should get the conversation right before we get to the huge list of complaints against God and how unfair and unjust He is.

I, too, am curious about the type of "mistake" being questioned here. And my analogies were just intended to show that a hypothetical perfect being can take actions that might be called "mistakes"; I was trying to ferret out what type of "mistake" was up for debate by the OP.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:26:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:19:45 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:15:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

So why are you here? Here on earth? What is your purpose here?

Serve God and keep his commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13.

Christians are sinners who can't obey the commandments of God.

1 John 1:
6: If we say we have fellowship with him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live according to the truth;

1 John 2:
4: He who says "I know him" but disobeys his commandments is a liar, and the truth is not in him;

1 John 3:
4: Every one who commits sin is guilty of lawlessness; sin is lawlessness.

6: No one who abides in him sins; no one who sins has either seen him or known him.

8: He who commits sin is of the devil; for the devil has sinned from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil.

1 John 4:
6: We are of God. Whoever knows God listens to us, and he who is not of God does not listen to us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

1 John 5:
17: All wrongdoing is sin, but there is sin which is not mortal.
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:26:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:23:44 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:19:45 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:15:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

So why are you here? Here on earth? What is your purpose here?

Serve God and keep his commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13.
Why?

Do you mean the end result or the basic answer of "This is why we're created"?
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:27:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:26:25 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:23:44 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:19:45 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:15:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

So why are you here? Here on earth? What is your purpose here?

Serve God and keep his commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13.
Why?

Do you mean the end result or the basic answer of "This is why we're created"?

No I mean why are you serving god and keeping his commandments?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:31:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Here I'll make it simple for you.
Do you expect a reward from your god for doing what he wants you to do before you die?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:31:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:27:49 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:26:25 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:23:44 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:19:45 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:15:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

So why are you here? Here on earth? What is your purpose here?

Serve God and keep his commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13.
Why?

Do you mean the end result or the basic answer of "This is why we're created"?

No I mean why are you serving god and keeping his commandments?

He serves false gods who make him believe he's not deceived of who he is or who our Creator is.
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:34:40 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:31:47 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:27:49 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:26:25 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:23:44 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:19:45 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:15:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

So why are you here? Here on earth? What is your purpose here?

Serve God and keep his commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13.
Why?

Do you mean the end result or the basic answer of "This is why we're created"?

No I mean why are you serving god and keeping his commandments?

He serves false gods who make him believe he's not deceived of who he is or who our Creator is.
borno! You wouldn't know sh!t from apricot jam if it was rubbed under your nose as a moustache.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:40:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:34:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:31:47 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:27:49 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:26:25 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:23:44 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:19:45 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:15:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

So why are you here? Here on earth? What is your purpose here?

Serve God and keep his commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13.
Why?

Do you mean the end result or the basic answer of "This is why we're created"?

No I mean why are you serving god and keeping his commandments?

He serves false gods who make him believe he's not deceived of who he is or who our Creator is.
borno! You wouldn't know sh!t from apricot jam if it was rubbed under your nose as a moustache.

(This forum wouldn't let me write s.h.i. t.) and apricot jam are only illusions like your body is.
bulproof
Posts: 25,221
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:42:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:40:03 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:34:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:31:47 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:27:49 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:26:25 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:23:44 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:19:45 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:15:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

So why are you here? Here on earth? What is your purpose here?

Serve God and keep his commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13.
Why?

Do you mean the end result or the basic answer of "This is why we're created"?

No I mean why are you serving god and keeping his commandments?

He serves false gods who make him believe he's not deceived of who he is or who our Creator is.
borno! You wouldn't know sh!t from apricot jam if it was rubbed under your nose as a moustache.

(This forum wouldn't let me write s.h.i. t.) and apricot jam are only illusions like your body is.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
what a wanker.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:47:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:42:16 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:40:03 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:34:40 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:31:47 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:27:49 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:26:25 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:23:44 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:19:45 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:15:01 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:11:52 PM, Naysayer wrote:
I think (because the Bible says so) that God is all knowing, past, present, and future.

So why are you here? Here on earth? What is your purpose here?

Serve God and keep his commandments. Ecclesiastes 12:13.
Why?

Do you mean the end result or the basic answer of "This is why we're created"?

No I mean why are you serving god and keeping his commandments?

He serves false gods who make him believe he's not deceived of who he is or who our Creator is.
borno! You wouldn't know sh!t from apricot jam if it was rubbed under your nose as a moustache.

(This forum wouldn't let me write s.h.i. t.) and apricot jam are only illusions like your body is.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
what a wanker.

I have an old Australian friend who always said, "what a wanker". Since it's not an American saying, I'm not offended by it. Besides, I'm not offended when someone called me, " a f.u.c.k.e.r." ( stupid forum rules) either. Most Christians around here have called me this or worse things.
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:49:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:31:26 PM, bulproof wrote:
Here I'll make it simple for you.
Do you expect a reward from your god for doing what he wants you to do before you die?

Before I die? Peace and hope.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:58:05 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:49:39 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:31:26 PM, bulproof wrote:
Here I'll make it simple for you.
Do you expect a reward from your god for doing what he wants you to do before you die?

Before I die? Peace and hope.

There won't be any peace in this world. Your flesh has to perish in this age before waking up to a peaceful world called Paradise.
Naysayer
Posts: 746
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 2:14:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 1:58:05 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:49:39 PM, Naysayer wrote:
At 8/14/2013 1:31:26 PM, bulproof wrote:
Here I'll make it simple for you.
Do you expect a reward from your god for doing what he wants you to do before you die?

Before I die? Peace and hope.

There won't be any peace in this world. Your flesh has to perish in this age before waking up to a peaceful world called Paradise.

You mean other than the peace of God which passeth all understanding?

Philipians 4:
7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.