Total Posts:123|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Quotes about God.

johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:11:10 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 11:59:35 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Post your quotes about God here.

We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and moulded by his truth.

- Charles Stanley
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:15:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:11:10 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/14/2013 11:59:35 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Post your quotes about God here.



We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and moulded by his truth.

- Charles Stanley

God is a fvcking prat.
-me
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:16:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:15:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:11:10 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/14/2013 11:59:35 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Post your quotes about God here.



We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and moulded by his truth.

- Charles Stanley

God is a fvcking prat.
-me

Now, now, bul, the intention here was clearly to have quotes from other people about God.

Such as:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

----Richard Dawkins
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:23:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:15:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:11:10 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/14/2013 11:59:35 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Post your quotes about God here.



We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and moulded by his truth.

- Charles Stanley

God is a fvcking prat.
-me

He has to exist first, to be liable to your claim, obviously you choose to accept he exists only when he is the subject of an insult, either way if you claim he doesn't exist, then you claim is irrelevant.
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:23:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:16:52 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:15:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:11:10 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/14/2013 11:59:35 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Post your quotes about God here.



We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and moulded by his truth.

- Charles Stanley

God is a fvcking prat.
-me

Now, now, bul, the intention here was clearly to have quotes from other people about God.

Such as:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

----Richard Dawkins

My apologies blade....mea culpa
How about this one:
GOD???????
-anonymous
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:27:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:16:52 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:15:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:11:10 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/14/2013 11:59:35 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Post your quotes about God here.



We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and moulded by his truth.

- Charles Stanley

God is a fvcking prat.
-me

Now, now, bul, the intention here was clearly to have quotes from other people about God.

Such as:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

----Richard Dawkins

I am no problem with the quote both atheist and theist quotes are welcome, But unless you want to desecrate my posts bladerunner, Please stay away from me as I do not appreciate your input at all, especially when you have to resort to insulting people because of their beliefs, by calling them stupid of mad.......You are not welcome to communicate with me as I do not find you palatable, I have also reported our interactions to Airmax and claimed I will avoid you from now on, I would appreciate it if you did the same.
Disquisition
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:30:15 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:27:08 PM, johnlubba wrote:
I am no problem with the quote both atheist and theist quotes are welcome, But unless you want to desecrate my posts bladerunner, Please stay away from me as I do not appreciate your input at all, especially when you have to resort to insulting people because of their beliefs, by calling them stupid of mad.......You are not welcome to communicate with me as I do not find you palatable, I have also reported our interactions to Airmax and claimed I will avoid you from now on, I would appreciate it if you did the same.

I think you need to take a chill pill buddy. Bulproof and Bornofgod are the real religious nuts who will desecrate this thread. Bladerunner never insulted anyone on top of that. Just read what those two guys post in the religious section.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:36:55 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:30:15 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:27:08 PM, johnlubba wrote:
I am no problem with the quote both atheist and theist quotes are welcome, But unless you want to desecrate my posts bladerunner, Please stay away from me as I do not appreciate your input at all, especially when you have to resort to insulting people because of their beliefs, by calling them stupid of mad.......You are not welcome to communicate with me as I do not find you palatable, I have also reported our interactions to Airmax and claimed I will avoid you from now on, I would appreciate it if you did the same.

I think you need to take a chill pill buddy. Bulproof and Bornofgod are the real religious nuts who will desecrate this thread. Bladerunner never insulted anyone on top of that. Just read what those two guys post in the religious section.

Bladerunner never insulted anyone on top of that.

Really!!!,

It was another thread a few days ago, where he insulted me by calling me stupid at best or mad at worst for believing in God....
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:37:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:27:08 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:16:52 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:15:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:11:10 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/14/2013 11:59:35 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Post your quotes about God here.



We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and moulded by his truth.

- Charles Stanley

God is a fvcking prat.
-me

Now, now, bul, the intention here was clearly to have quotes from other people about God.

Such as:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

----Richard Dawkins



I am no problem with the quote both atheist and theist quotes are welcome, But unless you want to desecrate my posts bladerunner, Please stay away from me as I do not appreciate your input at all, especially when you have to resort to insulting people because of their beliefs, by calling them stupid of mad.......You are not welcome to communicate with me as I do not find you palatable, I have also reported our interactions to Airmax and claimed I will avoid you from now on, I would appreciate it if you did the same.

I'm sorry that you are posting in public. If you do not want the public to respond, you should probably refrain from doing so. (I also question whether you know what "desecrate" means).

In point of fact, you'll note that I did not speak to you at all, I responded to bulproof's post, and specifically addressed myself to him; I don't think he has any problem with me.

So your claim that you would "avoid me from now on" is, well, frankly a...I won't call it a lie, since I'm sure that that will upset you. You'd prefer an "knowingly untrue statement"? I'm sure you'll get upset that I called it so, but the fact remains that, though I address your request below, I nonetheless did not, in fact, address you; rather, you addressed me.

And no, I will not listen to your request, as it seems you think that you be allowed to respond to me but not me to you, evidenced by the exchange we're currently having that you initiated. That's unreasonable.

Nor will I promise to ignore you completely, as this is a public forum and I've done nothing unreasonable. I'm sorry that you think I have, but that isn't my problem. That you took offense at my claim that explicitly ignoring rationality for a positive claim is a form of foolishness or madness isn't my problem either. Had it been a normative claim, that would have just been mean of me. It wasn't, however. It was you explicitly saying that you rejected reason in regards to a positive claim. I was, IMHO, respectful at the time; my suspicion as to your anger's cause is your inability to respond adequately to it, but far be it from me to make that assumption.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:39:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:36:55 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:30:15 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:27:08 PM, johnlubba wrote:
I am no problem with the quote both atheist and theist quotes are welcome, But unless you want to desecrate my posts bladerunner, Please stay away from me as I do not appreciate your input at all, especially when you have to resort to insulting people because of their beliefs, by calling them stupid of mad.......You are not welcome to communicate with me as I do not find you palatable, I have also reported our interactions to Airmax and claimed I will avoid you from now on, I would appreciate it if you did the same.

I think you need to take a chill pill buddy. Bulproof and Bornofgod are the real religious nuts who will desecrate this thread. Bladerunner never insulted anyone on top of that. Just read what those two guys post in the religious section.


Bladerunner never insulted anyone on top of that.

Really!!!,


It was another thread a few days ago, where he insulted me by calling me stupid at best or mad at worst for believing in God....

Okay, now, that's flatly dishonest of you.

That's not what I said.

What I said was that rejecting reason and rationality in belief of a positive claim is madness or foolishness. I even explicitly said that there are religious people who believe they have rational grounds for belief...while I think they are wrong, I don't think they are foolish or mad. But asserting something explicitly based on no reasoning whatsoever, and indeed based in rejecting reason and rationality? Yes, I called that either foolishness or madness.

I'm annoyed enough now that I will find that post.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:40:12 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:30:15 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:27:08 PM, johnlubba wrote:
I am no problem with the quote both atheist and theist quotes are welcome, But unless you want to desecrate my posts bladerunner, Please stay away from me as I do not appreciate your input at all, especially when you have to resort to insulting people because of their beliefs, by calling them stupid of mad.......You are not welcome to communicate with me as I do not find you palatable, I have also reported our interactions to Airmax and claimed I will avoid you from now on, I would appreciate it if you did the same.

I think you need to take a chill pill buddy. Bulproof and Bornofgod are the real religious nuts who will desecrate this thread. Bladerunner never insulted anyone on top of that. Just read what those two guys post in the religious section.

Thank you very much dis for that vote of confidence. Unfortunately I can't bring myself to love or even respect the religious who inhabit religious forums and HATE with a vengeance almost as great as the VENGEANCE of their all loving god those who don't agree with the god that agrees with them. These mostly "christians" (what a laugh) don't reserve their hate for the godless like me, oh no they are equal opportunity haters, just anybody. That can include the person they sit next to at Sunday service. Christianity is allegedly love. so here's a paraphrased quote from GOD (only some christians believe that).
Love your neighbour as yourself, love your enemy.
-JESUS
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Disquisition
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:45:08 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:40:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
Thank you very much dis for that vote of confidence. Unfortunately I can't bring myself to love or even respect the religious who inhabit religious forums and HATE with a vengeance almost as great as the VENGEANCE of their all loving god those who don't agree with the god that agrees with them. These mostly "christians" (what a laugh) don't reserve their hate for the godless like me, oh no they are equal opportunity haters, just anybody. That can include the person they sit next to at Sunday service. Christianity is allegedly love. so here's a paraphrased quote from GOD (only some christians believe that).
Love your neighbour as yourself, love your enemy.
-JESUS

That's a lot of nonsense that I'm not going to read but I never said you were my enemy. You just need to stop trolling the religious sections with your deranged friend.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:46:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 11:59:35 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Post your quotes about God here.

These are quotes from our Creator;

If you've searched for the truth all your life and didn't find it, it wasn't the truth that was lost.

Whenever a man believes his idea will work in this world, he's deceived by the one who put the idea in his mind.

Many people who believe the word of God is the Bible haven't heard the spoken word of God yet.

If you can see God, you must have followed a blind leader.

Energy was created for life before life was experienced to learn about energy.

God already saved all His people so wait a little longer until your flesh is no longer around to convince you otherwise.

This world has convinced man that he is responsible for his actions that were created before this world existed.

The Truth never changes and that"s what deceives most people.

Fools don"t know how God created fools.

If you"re wise, you certainly didn"t deserve it.

The thoughts that give you life aren"t known by the thoughts that deceive you.

Our minds are all in one mind but scientists and religious people haven"t figured that out yet.

Hope is different than faith because faith is what gave you hope.

Many say they know the truth but the truth created them to say that lie.

It doesn't seem right for God to hide from us but if He wasn't hiding from us, we wouldn't see Him anyway.
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:48:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:37:07 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:27:08 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:16:52 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:15:03 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:11:10 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/14/2013 11:59:35 AM, johnlubba wrote:
Post your quotes about God here.



We are either in the process of resisting God's truth or in the process of being shaped and moulded by his truth.

- Charles Stanley

God is a fvcking prat.
-me

Now, now, bul, the intention here was clearly to have quotes from other people about God.

Such as:

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."

----Richard Dawkins



I am no problem with the quote both atheist and theist quotes are welcome, But unless you want to desecrate my posts bladerunner, Please stay away from me as I do not appreciate your input at all, especially when you have to resort to insulting people because of their beliefs, by calling them stupid of mad.......You are not welcome to communicate with me as I do not find you palatable, I have also reported our interactions to Airmax and claimed I will avoid you from now on, I would appreciate it if you did the same.

I'm sorry that you are posting in public. If you do not want the public to respond, you should probably refrain from doing so. (I also question whether you know what "desecrate" means).

In point of fact, you'll note that I did not speak to you at all, I responded to bulproof's post, and specifically addressed myself to him; I don't think he has any problem with me.

So your claim that you would "avoid me from now on" is, well, frankly a...I won't call it a lie, since I'm sure that that will upset you. You'd prefer an "knowingly untrue statement"? I'm sure you'll get upset that I called it so, but the fact remains that, though I address your request below, I nonetheless did not, in fact, address you; rather, you addressed me.

And no, I will not listen to your request, as it seems you think that you be allowed to respond to me but not me to you, evidenced by the exchange we're currently having that you initiated. That's unreasonable.

Nor will I promise to ignore you completely, as this is a public forum and I've done nothing unreasonable. I'm sorry that you think I have, but that isn't my problem. That you took offense at my claim that explicitly ignoring rationality for a positive claim is a form of foolishness or madness isn't my problem either. Had it been a normative claim, that would have just been mean of me. It wasn't, however. It was you explicitly saying that you rejected reason in regards to a positive claim. I was, IMHO, respectful at the time; my suspicion as to your anger's cause is your inability to respond adequately to it, but far be it from me to make that assumption.

No, No, No, You claimed THAT believing is God is at best foolish or stupid, and at worst mad....It had nothing to do with comparing it to anything else, that was you basic claim and it was very insulting,

Much the same as If I said you are stupid at best for being an atheist and foolish at worst,,,I am always open to reason but when a person resorts to insults then he has already lost the battle of ideas.
bulproof
Posts: 25,171
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:49:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:45:08 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:40:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
Thank you very much dis for that vote of confidence. Unfortunately I can't bring myself to love or even respect the religious who inhabit religious forums and HATE with a vengeance almost as great as the VENGEANCE of their all loving god those who don't agree with the god that agrees with them. These mostly "christians" (what a laugh) don't reserve their hate for the godless like me, oh no they are equal opportunity haters, just anybody. That can include the person they sit next to at Sunday service. Christianity is allegedly love. so here's a paraphrased quote from GOD (only some christians believe that).
Love your neighbour as yourself, love your enemy.
-JESUS

That's a lot of nonsense that I'm not going to read but I never said you were my enemy. You just need to stop trolling the religious sections with your deranged friend.

I don't have any friends on here, but there are many of the religious who are deranged. That I will grant you.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:53:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:30:15 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:27:08 PM, johnlubba wrote:
I am no problem with the quote both atheist and theist quotes are welcome, But unless you want to desecrate my posts bladerunner, Please stay away from me as I do not appreciate your input at all, especially when you have to resort to insulting people because of their beliefs, by calling them stupid of mad.......You are not welcome to communicate with me as I do not find you palatable, I have also reported our interactions to Airmax and claimed I will avoid you from now on, I would appreciate it if you did the same.

I think you need to take a chill pill buddy. Bulproof and Bornofgod are the real religious nuts who will desecrate this thread. Bladerunner never insulted anyone on top of that. Just read what those two guys post in the religious section.

God isn't religious at all. He's the creator of religion to deceive His people with.
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:54:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So thanks to the Googles:

http://www.debate.org...

At 8/7/2013 12:50:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Ah, so you admit you have a belief in something you can't possibly prove? And your only defense of believing in that is that you can't possibly prove it? You recognize that's an explicit rejection of reason and rationality, right? And that therefore you would rightly be called, at best, foolish, and at worst, mad?

The whole point Mr. Lubba was trying to make was that he shouldn't have to prove God exists, and that he couldn't do so, but that he believed anyway because he couldn't prove it was true. Or at least that was as I understood it; he could have felt free to correct any misrepresentation he felt had been made of his point.

I pointed out that believing something is true BECAUSE you don't know it's true is an explicit rejection of rationality and reason. If anyone else has a different assessment than "at best, foolish, and at worse, mad" for an explicit rejection of reason, I'd be happy to correct myself...I wasn't even trying to be mean. In fact, I was originally hoping he'd step back from such ridiculous claims such as that god should be believed in because he can't be proved. He's claimed that his faith is based on reason and rationality, yet that he can't actually make a case for the existence of a thing he claims exists. That's not reason or rationality.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:55:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:39:29 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:36:55 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:30:15 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:27:08 PM, johnlubba wrote:
I am no problem with the quote both atheist and theist quotes are welcome, But unless you want to desecrate my posts bladerunner, Please stay away from me as I do not appreciate your input at all, especially when you have to resort to insulting people because of their beliefs, by calling them stupid of mad.......You are not welcome to communicate with me as I do not find you palatable, I have also reported our interactions to Airmax and claimed I will avoid you from now on, I would appreciate it if you did the same.

I think you need to take a chill pill buddy. Bulproof and Bornofgod are the real religious nuts who will desecrate this thread. Bladerunner never insulted anyone on top of that. Just read what those two guys post in the religious section.


Bladerunner never insulted anyone on top of that.

Really!!!,


It was another thread a few days ago, where he insulted me by calling me stupid at best or mad at worst for believing in God....

Okay, now, that's flatly dishonest of you.

That's not what I said.

What I said was that rejecting reason and rationality in belief of a positive claim is madness or foolishness. I even explicitly said that there are religious people who believe they have rational grounds for belief...while I think they are wrong, I don't think they are foolish or mad. But asserting something explicitly based on no reasoning whatsoever, and indeed based in rejecting reason and rationality? Yes, I called that either foolishness or madness.

I'm annoyed enough now that I will find that post.

Here is what you said, you reason that I am mad or foolish for not reasoning well, I understand it that you attacked my belief system......

Ah, so you admit you have a belief in something you can't possibly prove? And your only defense of believing in that is that you can't possibly prove it? You recognize that's an explicit rejection of reason and rationality, right? And that therefore you would rightly be called, at best, foolish, and at worst, mad?

It case you haven't realized yet, Gods existence can neither be proven or disproven , So your reasoning that God doesn't exist, has not been proven and can not be proven so am I to call you foolish at best for being an atheist or mad at worst?
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:56:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:54:26 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:
So thanks to the Googles:

http://www.debate.org...

At 8/7/2013 12:50:32 PM, bladerunner060 wrote:

Ah, so you admit you have a belief in something you can't possibly prove? And your only defense of believing in that is that you can't possibly prove it? You recognize that's an explicit rejection of reason and rationality, right? And that therefore you would rightly be called, at best, foolish, and at worst, mad?

The whole point Mr. Lubba was trying to make was that he shouldn't have to prove God exists, and that he couldn't do so, but that he believed anyway because he couldn't prove it was true. Or at least that was as I understood it; he could have felt free to correct any misrepresentation he felt had been made of his point.

I pointed out that believing something is true BECAUSE you don't know it's true is an explicit rejection of rationality and reason. If anyone else has a different assessment than "at best, foolish, and at worse, mad" for an explicit rejection of reason, I'd be happy to correct myself...I wasn't even trying to be mean. In fact, I was originally hoping he'd step back from such ridiculous claims such as that god should be believed in because he can't be proved. He's claimed that his faith is based on reason and rationality, yet that he can't actually make a case for the existence of a thing he claims exists. That's not reason or rationality.

You are mis-representing my beliefs and my concepts.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:57:19 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:45:08 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:40:12 PM, bulproof wrote:
Thank you very much dis for that vote of confidence. Unfortunately I can't bring myself to love or even respect the religious who inhabit religious forums and HATE with a vengeance almost as great as the VENGEANCE of their all loving god those who don't agree with the god that agrees with them. These mostly "christians" (what a laugh) don't reserve their hate for the godless like me, oh no they are equal opportunity haters, just anybody. That can include the person they sit next to at Sunday service. Christianity is allegedly love. so here's a paraphrased quote from GOD (only some christians believe that).
Love your neighbour as yourself, love your enemy.
-JESUS

That's a lot of nonsense that I'm not going to read but I never said you were my enemy. You just need to stop trolling the religious sections with your deranged friend.

There's no difference between a religious man and an atheist. They both need physical evidence to claim there is a Creator.

Christians have their false Jesus and atheists don't believe that false god of Christianity.

I"m a saint and I know that everything we see is a false illusion during this first age so all flesh is false. Even the first saints knew this fact.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:58:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:27:08 PM, johnlubba wrote:

I am no problem with the quote both atheist and theist quotes are welcome,

obviously this is untrue as you took a quote about God, and took personal offense to it, and reported that person for being offended by it. That is hardly "welcoming" or "tolerant." What would Jesus do buddy? Turn the other cheek, which you did not.

But unless you want to desecrate my posts bladerunner, Please stay away from me as I do not appreciate your input at all, especially when you have to resort to insulting people because of their beliefs, by calling them stupid of mad

which he never said, and I as well as anyone else can easily see that.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
ExsurgeDomine
Posts: 176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:58:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
'O God! author of all consolation, God of all compassion, and Lord of the whole human race; God of my soul, body, and spirit; with supplications I reverence thee, O Lord and my God.' - History of Joseph the Carpenter
bladerunner060
Posts: 7,126
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:58:42 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:48:42 PM, johnlubba wrote:
No, No, No, You claimed THAT believing is God is at best foolish or stupid, and at worst mad....It had nothing to do with comparing it to anything else, that was you basic claim and it was very insulting,


Much the same as If I said you are stupid at best for being an atheist and foolish at worst,,,I am always open to reason but when a person resorts to insults then he has already lost the battle of ideas.

No, john. At no point did I say "believing in god is at best foolish or stupid, and at worst mad".

Here again, I ask what conclusions can I draw other than either a reading comprehension failure or dishonesty? I have now provided the quote, and linked the thread for complete context. It's quite plain that what is being claimed I said is not, in fact, what I said.
Assistant moderator to airmax1227. PM me with any questions or concerns!
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 12:59:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:57:19 PM, bornofgod wrote:
I"m a nut

yeah, we know.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:01:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
"It's OK, I don't believe in me either" -God

"When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realised that the Lord doesn't work that way so I stole one and asked Him to forgive me" -Emo Philips.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,448
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:02:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
so wait, it took until now for you to get offended and report Bladerunner for what he said a few days ago? That makes absolutely no sense. You were offended by the quote, and are simply using his remarks earlier as an excuse to make yourself feel better for not being welcoming/tolerant of others quotes, as you are claiming to be.

I can smell this BS from a mile away, and boy, it sure don't smell good. Methinks you should go back to bible school and re-read the New Testament.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com...
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
johnlubba
Posts: 2,892
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2013 1:02:22 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/14/2013 12:58:09 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
At 8/14/2013 12:27:08 PM, johnlubba wrote:

I am no problem with the quote both atheist and theist quotes are welcome,

obviously this is untrue as you took a quote about God, and took personal offense to it, and reported that person for being offended by it. That is hardly "welcoming" or "tolerant." What would Jesus do buddy? Turn the other cheek, which you did not.

But unless you want to desecrate my posts bladerunner, Please stay away from me as I do not appreciate your input at all, especially when you have to resort to insulting people because of their beliefs, by calling them stupid of mad

which he never said, and I as well as anyone else can easily see that.

It concerning a conversation on another thread by the member called bladerunner, not this thread and atheistic quotes about God are welcome.