Jump to topic:

Where do thoughts come from?

bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 11:34:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Everyone gets thoughts to think about but most people don't understand where they come from. Some people believe they create their own thoughts that develop in their brains. Other people like songwriters and poets know that their thoughts are inspired from something beyond themselves that they can't explain. Then there are those who believe all their thoughts come from our Creator.

Here's what our Creator says about thoughts.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.
10: The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nought; he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
11: The counsel of the LORD stands for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!
13: The LORD looks down from heaven, he sees all the sons of men;
14: from where he sits enthroned he looks forth on all the inhabitants of the earth,
15: he who fashions the hearts of them all, and observes all their deeds.
16: A king is not saved by his great army; a warrior is not delivered by his great strength.
17: The war horse is a vain hope for victory, and by its great might it cannot save.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Psalm 139
17: How precious to me are thy thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!

All thoughts originate from our Creator and spoken into language called invisible energy, which is God's creation. Energy is information where all God's thoughts are stored and used according to His will, which is His eternal plan.

You can try prove me wrong but then you have to show me what a thought is and where it comes from other than what I've testified to in this opening post.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 11:50:28 AM
At 8/15/2013 11:34:44 AM, bornofgod wrote:
Everyone gets thoughts to think about but most people don't understand where they come from. Some people believe they create their own thoughts that develop in their brains. Other people like songwriters and poets know that their thoughts are inspired from something beyond themselves that they can't explain. Then there are those who believe all their thoughts come from our Creator.

Amos 4
13: For lo, he who forms the mountains, and creates the wind, and declares to man what is his thought

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
10: The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nought; he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
11: The counsel of the LORD stands for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!
14: from where he sits enthroned he looks forth on all the inhabitants of the earth,
16: A king is not saved by his great army; a warrior is not delivered by his great strength.
17: The war horse is a vain hope for victory, and by its great might it cannot save.

Psalm 92

Psalm 94
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,

Genesis 2
7: then the LORD God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.

Psalm 139

All thoughts originate from our Creator and spoken into language called invisible energy, which is God's creation. Energy is information where all God's thoughts are stored and used according to His will, which is His eternal plan.

You can try prove me wrong but then you have to show me what a thought is and where it comes from other than what I've testified to in this opening post.

Thoughts come from neural activity in the brain. This is a well known scientific fact...
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 2:25:06 PM

Our thoughts are electrical activity in your neurons. Science can detect and measure these.
http://engineering.mit.edu...

The electrical activity is generated by cells using sodium ions (positive) and potassium ions (negative). As these ions move around they generate electrical impulses based on their potential difference (voltage) .

We get potassium and sodium ions come from the food we eat.

Long story short potassium and sodium, like all other heavy elements, were formed through nuclear fusion of hydrogen and helium in stars/super nova.

We don't really know where hydrogen and helium came from other than it seems they appeared in a big bang some 15 billion years ago.

So that is where thoughts come from as best we know.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 2:58:15 PM
At 8/15/2013 11:50:28 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/15/2013 11:34:44 AM, bornofgod wrote:

Amos 4

Exodus 4:

Psalm 33

Psalm 92

Psalm 94

Genesis 2

Psalm 139

Thoughts come from neural activity in the brain. This is a well known scientific fact...

Our brain is only a processor of information called energy created by God. The existence of nergy is a well known scientific fact and the God I speak for is a well known Creator by me.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2013 3:02:57 PM
At 8/15/2013 2:25:06 PM, Floid wrote:

Our thoughts are electrical activity in your neurons. Science can detect and measure these.
http://engineering.mit.edu...

The electrical activity is generated by cells using sodium ions (positive) and potassium ions (negative). As these ions move around they generate electrical impulses based on their potential difference (voltage) .

We get potassium and sodium ions come from the food we eat.

Long story short potassium and sodium, like all other heavy elements, were formed through nuclear fusion of hydrogen and helium in stars/super nova.

We don't really know where hydrogen and helium came from other than it seems they appeared in a big bang some 15 billion years ago.

So that is where thoughts come from as best we know.

This is not proof of where thoughts come from. This is scientific theory which has nothing to do with the Truth of how thoughts came about.

Science doesn't have the Truth to know for absolute sure of anything in this world. They have no idea that what we see, smell, taste and touch is an illusion. The atomic elements that we see are only illusions made up of energy, just like pixels that are used to see images on a computer screen.

You need physical proof but there is no physical proof of what a thought is. No scientist has ever seen invisible energy. They can only observe what energy (information) can do.
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2013 7:15:25 AM
They have no idea that what we see, smell, taste and touch is an illusion.

I challenge you to test this theory. If all you eat and drink is just an illusion go without that illusion for two weeks and report back your results to us.

The atomic elements that we see are only illusions made up of energy, just like pixels that are used to see images on a computer screen. You need physical proof but there is no physical proof of what a thought is. No scientist has ever seen invisible energy.

Actually both the pixels you see on your computer and your thoughts are energy in the form of electrical charges... like I already said. Pretty bad analogy.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2013 8:24:19 AM
At 8/16/2013 7:15:25 AM, Floid wrote:
They have no idea that what we see, smell, taste and touch is an illusion.

I challenge you to test this theory. If all you eat and drink is just an illusion go without that illusion for two weeks and report back your results to us.

The atomic elements that we see are only illusions made up of energy, just like pixels that are used to see images on a computer screen. You need physical proof but there is no physical proof of what a thought is. No scientist has ever seen invisible energy.

Actually both the pixels you see on your computer and your thoughts are energy in the form of electrical charges... like I already said. Pretty bad analogy.

The electrical charges on a computer screen and our retina's come from wavebits of energy, which is who we are. We are nothing but energy with no mass or time but as they are processed through the information called a brain, then we experience the world we see, smell, taste, touch and hear. Our emotional feelings come from energy, also.

The illusion of hunger is very strong, just like the illusion of gravity, smell, touch, driving a car, killing someone, etc. We won't have the illusion of hunger in the next age so for now, I'll keep eating meals with my friends that I cook for in the park every day.

What I know cannot be understood by people who weren't chosen to believe in what I write or speak. You just happen to be one of those unbelievers.

There is no analogy that can be used by unbelievers who need physical evidence to support their beliefs. Atheists and Christians need this physical evidence so you're both deceived by the invisible kingdom of God.
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2013 11:08:20 AM
The illusion of hunger is very strong, just like the illusion of gravity, smell, touch, driving a car, killing someone, etc. We won't have the illusion of hunger in the next age so for now, I'll keep eating meals with my friends that I cook for in the park every day.

Translation: I know what I am saying is BS and not even interesting or very good BS at that.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2013 11:52:39 AM
At 8/16/2013 11:08:20 AM, Floid wrote:

Translation: I know what I am saying is BS and not even interesting or very good BS at that.

God is the deceiver of all His people, not me. He's the one who created all the illusions we think we see, taste, touch, smell, hear and feel emotionally. Go blame Him for all this.