What the Bible says about debate

Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 1:39:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Romans 1:28-29:
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, DEBATE, deceit, malignity; whisperers..."

Based on these verses, are the instigators of debates sinning?
Let your words be the genuine picture of your heart- John Wesley
Money is a horrid thing to follow, but a charming thing to meet-Henry James
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 1:45:53 AM
At 8/17/2013 1:39:30 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, DEBATE, deceit, malignity; whisperers..."

Yes. See you in hell.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 1:46:20 AM

No. See you in hell.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 11:18:18 AM

Unbelievers and believers of the true spoken gospel were created by God during this first age to get rid of His prophets and saints. Unbelievers argue with the saint and become jealous of all the believers who listen to the saint's gospel.

This jealousy by the unbelievers causes them to get angry enought to kill the flesh of a saint who preaches the true gospel and any believers who talk about they lying unbelievers after they kill the saint.
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 9:17:07 PM
Any rational response to the OP?
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 9:31:42 PM

I think that means pointless arguing...
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 9:48:54 PM
Ummm....

Romans 1:28-29
21st Century King James Version (KJ21)
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind to do those things which are not fitting,
29 being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness, full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity. They are whisperers,

American Standard Version (ASV)
28 And even as they refused to have God in their knowledge, God gave them up unto a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not fitting;

29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

Amplified Bible (AMP)
28 And so, since they did not see fit to acknowledge God or approve of Him or consider Him worth the knowing, God gave them over to a base and condemned mind to do things not proper or decent but loathsome,
29 Until they were filled (permeated and saturated) with every kind of unrighteousness, iniquity, grasping and covetous greed, and malice. [They were] full of envy and jealousy, murder, strife, deceit and treachery, ill will and cruel ways. [They were] secret backbiters and gossipers,

Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
28 And, according as they did not approve of having God in knowledge, God gave them up to a disapproved mind, to do the things not seemly;
29 having been filled with all unrighteousness, whoredom, wickedness, covetousness, malice; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil dispositions; whisperers,

New Revised Standard Version (NRSV)
28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind and to things that should not be done. 29 They were filled with every kind of wickedness, evil, covetousness, malice. Full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, craftiness, they are gossips,

English Standard Version (ESV)
28 And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29 They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips,

Lexham English Bible (LEB)
28 And just as they did not see fit to recognize God[a], God gave them over to a debased mind, to do the things that are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greediness, malice, full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malevolence. They are gossipers,

New American Standard Bible (NASB)
28 And just as they did not see fit [a]to acknowledge God any longer, God gave them over to a depraved mind, to do those things which are not proper, 29 being filled with all unrighteousness, wickedness, greed, evil; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, malice; they are gossips,

Kind of selective your choice of translation there, eh?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2013 10:41:48 PM
LMAO @ the OP choosing a poor translation of eris, then making a case based upon it.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
MassiveDump
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 12:20:11 AM
The definition of "debate" has certainly changed overtime. Back then, it would have meant "rage-filled arguing (A.K.A. qopel)". Nowadays, we've separated the words "Argue" and "Debate." The modern definition of debate is civilized and in no way harms God, man, or oneself.
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 12:29:29 AM
Thank you for the responses. Interesting how you all avoid what the KJV actually says , though. Sounds like Paul is quite offensive to all on here.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 12:52:08 AM
At 8/18/2013 12:29:29 AM, Ruckmanite wrote:
Thank you for the responses. Interesting how you all avoid what the KJV actually says , though. Sounds like Paul is quite offensive to all on here.

So were you sinning by trying to instigate a debate? Interesting how you avoid what pretty much all other translations don't render that word as "debate"; are you a KJV ony-ist? What reason is there to be one?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 9:38:33 AM
At 8/17/2013 9:31:42 PM, Cobo wrote:

I think that means pointless arguing...

All debating is pointless between the deceived. They will never lead themselves to the Truth.
Ruckmanite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 4:46:19 PM
At 8/18/2013 12:52:08 AM, popculturepooka wrote:

So were you sinning by trying to instigate a debate? Interesting how you avoid what pretty much all other translations don't render that word as "debate"; are you a KJV ony-ist? What reason is there to be one?

I am a KJV onlyist. While the reasons why deserve another topic, let me briefly mention that the translators of new versions always compare their version back to the KJV. They wouldn't, if it weren't that the KJV has the inspiration of God behind it.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 4:52:45 PM
At 8/18/2013 4:46:19 PM, Ruckmanite wrote:

I am a KJV onlyist. While the reasons why deserve another topic, let me briefly mention that the translators of new versions always compare their version back to the KJV. They wouldn't, if it weren't that the KJV has the inspiration of God behind it.

There's distinct difference between having difference of views and discussing them and shouting, arguing, and strife. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. I have a hard time with this at times and have had to learn to back off.

Also KJV only, by the way.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 4:59:34 PM

Ruckmanite Good to meet you..
You said.. I am a KJV onlyist.

I would like to point out to you; The very first "King James Bible" contained Seventy Three Book (73)! The first bible ever printed contained Seventy Three Books (73), "The Gutenberg Bible" printed more than 60 years before the Deformation began.

Ruckmanite Protestants took books out of the bible, if you are KJV onlyist then right off, you are being cheated out of the truth, you are missing seven books!
Even Martin Luther' Bible contained Seventy Three Books!

Dogknox
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:02:08 PM
At 8/18/2013 4:59:34 PM, Dogknox wrote:

I would like to point out to you; The very first "King James Bible" contained Seventy Three Book (73)! The first bible ever printed contained Seventy Three Books (73), "The Gutenberg Bible" printed more than 60 years before the Deformation began.

Ruckmanite Protestants took books out of the bible, if you are KJV onlyist then right off, you are being cheated out of the truth, you are missing seven books!

Dogknox

Even if all the writings of the prophets and saints were put in a book, only chosen saints with the knowledge of God would be able to understand them. We write of heavenly things while the Roman religious leaders added their religious ideas (lies) in their new testament to make sure that none of their Christians would become saints.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:03:00 PM

Dogknox

The Apocrypha were put in there for reference only and acknowledged not to be scripture. Not a valid argument.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:06:15 PM
At 8/18/2013 5:03:00 PM, Naysayer wrote:

Dogknox

The Apocrypha were put in there for reference only and acknowledged not to be scripture. Not a valid argument.

The "Apocrypha" was in the Canon from day one.. It was always in the canon Jesus quoted from it!
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:07:33 PM
At 8/18/2013 5:06:15 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Dogknox

The "Apocrypha" was in the Canon from day one.. It was always in the canon Jesus quoted from it!

Where?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:09:42 PM

Dogknox

The Bible was put together by liars called Roman religious leaders who had no idea who God was. They took some of the writings that they confiscated from the true saints who had to write in their own language to get the invisible knowledge of God from within their mind and used some of these heavenly ideas to mix in with all their religious ideas that came out of the "beast" of Babylon.

Christians can easily obey the religious teachings such as the false communion and water baptism. They also believe the lies that hell exists and the triune god along with the teaching of church hierarchy and gifts of the spirit. The gift of tongues is a false practice that has nothing to do with us saints who have to speak clearly in our own language to help believers understand invisible heavenly things.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:14:32 PM
At 8/18/2013 5:07:33 PM, Naysayer wrote:

Dogknox

Where?
WHERE??
First-century Christians--including Jesus and the apostles-- considered these seven books canonical. They quoted from the Hebrew scriptures that contained these seven books.

By the time of the Deformation, Christians had been using the same 73 books in their Bibles thus considering them inspired--for more than 1100 years.
As pointed out above.. The very first "King James Bible" contained Seventy Three Book (73)! The first bible ever printed contained Seventy Three Books (73), "The Gutenberg Bible" printed more than 60 years before the Deformation began.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:18:37 PM
At 8/18/2013 5:14:32 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 8/18/2013 5:07:33 PM, Naysayer wrote:

Dogknox

Where?
WHERE??
First-century Christians--including Jesus and the apostles-- considered these seven books canonical. They quoted from the Hebrew scriptures that contained these seven books.

By the time of the Deformation, Christians had been using the same 73 books in their Bibles thus considering them inspired--for more than 1100 years.
As pointed out above.. The very first "King James Bible" contained Seventy Three Book (73)! The first bible ever printed contained Seventy Three Books (73), "The Gutenberg Bible" printed more than 60 years before the Deformation began.

Christians were not saints of the first three centuries. The Romans killed all the true sinless saints and called all their sinful Roman Catholics, Christians to appear Christ-like, even though they couldn't obey the commandments of God like all us saints do.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:28:07 PM
Jesus quoted the Hebrew Old Testament at times, since he read from the scrolls in the synagogue. But Jesus could have only quoted from the Hebrew, the New Testament authors later used the Greek translation to record the fact.
In Mark 7:6"7, Jesus quotes the Greek Septuagint of Isaiah 29:13 when he says, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, "This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.""

References in New Testament

Matthew

Matthew 4:4Wisdom 16:26
Matthew 4:151 Maccabees 5:15
Matthew 5:18Baruch 4:1
Matthew 5:28 Sirach 9:8
Matthew 5:2ssSirach 25:7-12
Matthew 5:4Sirach 48:24
Matthew 6:7Sirach 7:14
Matthew 6:9Sirach 23:1, 4
Matthew 6:10 1 Maccabees 3:60
Matthew 6:12 Sirach 28:2
Matthew 6:13 Sirach 33:1
Matthew 6:20 Sirach 29:10s
Matthew 6:23 Sirach 14:10
Matthew 6:33 Wisdom 7:11
Matthew 7:12 Tobit 4:15
Matthew 7:12 Sirach 31:15
Matthew 7:16 Sirach 27:6
Matthew 8:11 Baruch 4:37
Matthew 8:21 Tobit 4:3
Matthew 9:36 Judith 11:19
Matthew 9:38 1 Maccabees 12:17
Matthew 10:16Sirach 13:17
Matthew 11:14Sirach 48:10
Matthew 11:22Judith 16:17
Matthew 11:25Tobit 7:17
Matthew 11:25Sirach 51:1
Matthew 11:28Sirach 24:19
Matthew 11:28Sirach 51:23
Matthew 11:29Sirach 6:24s
Matthew 11:29Sirach 6:28s
Matthew 11:29Sirach 51:26s
Matthew 12:4 2 Maccabees 10:3
Matthew 12:5 Sirach 40:15
Matthew 13:44Sirach 20:30s
Matthew 16:18Wisdom 16:13
Matthew 16:221 Maccabees 2:21
Matthew 16:27Sirach 35:22
Matthew 17:11Sirach 48:10
Matthew 18:10Tobit 12:15
Matthew 20:2Tobit 5:15
Matthew 22:13Wisdom 17:2
Matthew 23:38Tobit 14:4
Matthew 24:151 Maccabees 1:54
Matthew 24:152 Maccabees 8:17
Matthew 24:161 Maccabees 2:28
Matthew 25:35Tobit 4:17
Matthew 25:36Sirach 7:32-35
Matthew 26:38Sirach 37:2
Matthew 27:24Daniel 13:46
Matthew 27:43Wisdom 2:13
Matthew 27:43Wisdom 2:18-20

Mark

Mark 1:15Tobit 14:5
Mark 4:5 Sirach 40:15
Mark 4:11Wisdom 2:22
Mark 5:34Judith 8:35
Mark 6:49Wisdom 17:15
Mark 8:37Sirach 26:14
Mark 9:31Sirach 2:18
Mark 9:48Judith 16:17
Mark 10:18Sirach 4:1
Mark 14:34Sirach 37:2
Mark 15:29Wisdom 2:17s

Luke

Luke 1:17 Sirach 48:10
Luke 1:19 Tobit 12:15
Luke 1:42 Judith 13:18
Luke 1:52 Sirach 10:14
Luke 2:29 Tobit 11:9
Luke 2:37 Judith 8:6
Luke 6:35 Wisdom 15:1
Luke 7:22 Sirach 48:5
Luke 9:8 Sirach 48:10
Luke 10:17Tobit 7:17
Luke 10:19Sirach 11:19
Luke 10:21Sirach 51:1
Luke 12:19Tobit 7:10
Luke 12:20Wisdom 15:8
Luke 13:25Tobit 14:4
Luke 13:271 Maccabees 3:6
Luke 13:29Baruch 4:37
Luke 14:13Tobit 2:2
Luke 15:121 Maccabees 10:29 [30]
Luke 15:12Tobit 3:17
Luke 18:7Sirach 35:22
Luke 19:44Wisdom 3:7
Luke 21:24Tobit 14:5
Luke 21:24Sirach 28:18
Luke 21:25Wisdom 5:22
Luke 24:42 Maccabees 3:26
Luke 24:312 Maccabees 3:34
Luke 24:50Sirach 50:20s
Luke 24:53Sirach 50:22

John

John 1:3Wisdom 9:1
John 3:8Sirach 16:21
John 3:12 Wisdom 9:16
John 3:12 Wisdom 18:15s
John 3:13 Baruch 3:29
John 3:28 1 Maccabees 9:39
John 3:32 Tobit 4:6
John 4:9Sirach 50:25s
John 4:48 Wisdom 8:8
John 5:18 Wisdom 2:16
John 6:35 Sirach 24:21
John 7:38 Sirach 24:40, 43[30s]
John 8:44 Wisdom 2:24
John 8:53 Sirach 44:19
John 10:20Wisdom 5:4
John 10:221 Maccabees 4:59
John 14:15Wisdom 6:18
John 15:9sWisdom 3:9
John 17:3 Wisdom 15:3
John 20:22Wisdom 15:11

Acts

Acts 1:102 Maccabees 3:26
Acts 1:18Wisdom 4:19
Acts 2:4Sirach 48:12
Acts 2:11Sirach 36:7
Acts 2:39Sirach 24:32
Acts 4:24Judith 9:12
Acts 5:22 Maccabees 4:32
Acts 5:121 Maccabees 12:6
Acts 5:212 Maccabees 1:10
Acts 5:392 Maccabees 7:19
Acts 9:1-292 Maccabees 3:24-40
Acts 9:21 Maccabees 15:21
Acts 9:7Wisdom 18:1
Acts 10:2Tobit 12:8
Acts 10:221 Maccabees 10:25
Acts 10:221 Maccabees 11:30, 33 etc.
Acts 10:26Wisdom 7:1
Acts 10:302 Maccabees 11:8
Acts 10:34Sirach 35:12s
Acts 10:36Wisdom 6:7
Acts 10:36Wisdom 8:3 etc.
Acts 11:18Wisdom 12:19
Acts 12:5Judith 4:9
Acts 12:10Sirach 19:26
Acts 12:23Judith 16:17
Acts 12:23Sirach 48:21
Acts 12:231 Maccabees 7:41
Acts 12:232 Maccabees 9:9
Acts 13:10Sirach 1:30
Acts 13:17Wisdom 19:10
Acts 14:14Judith 14:16s
Acts 14:15Wisdom 7:3
Acts 15:4Judith 8:26
Acts 16:142 Maccabees 1:4
Acts 17:23Wisdom 14:20
Acts 17:23Wisdom 15:17
Acts 17:24, 25Wisdom 9:1
Acts 17:24Tobit 7:17
Acts 17:24Wisdom 9:9
Acts 17:26Wisdom 7:18
Acts 17:27Wisdom 13:6
Acts 17:29Wisdom 13:10
Acts 17:30Sirach 28:7
Acts 19:27Wisdom 3:17
Acts 19:28Daniel 14:18, 41
Acts 20:26Daniel 13:46
Acts 20:32Wisdom 5:5
Acts 20:35Sirach 4:31
Acts 21:261 Maccabees 3:49
Acts 22.9Wisdom 18.1
Acts 24:22 Maccabees 4:6
Acts 26:18Wisdom 5:5
Acts 26:25Judith 10:13

Romans

Romans 1:19-32Wisdom 13-15
Romans 1:21Wisdom 13:1
Romans 1:23Wisdom 11:15
Romans 1:23Wisdom 12:24
Romans 1:282 Maccabees 6:4
Romans 2:4Wisdom 11:23
Romans 2:11Sirach 35:12s
Romans 2:15Wisdom 17:11
Romans 4:13Sirach 44:21
Romans 4:17Sirach 44:19
Romans 5:5Sirach 18:11
Romans 5:12Wisdom 2:24
Romans 9:4Sirach 44:12
Romans 9:42 Maccabees 6:23
Romans 9:19Wisdom 12:12
Romans 9:21Wisdom 15:7
Romans 9:31Sirach 27:8
Romans 9:31Wisdom 2:11
Romans 10.7Wisdom 16.13
Romans 10:6Baruch 3:29
Romans 11:42 Maccabees 2:4
Romans 11:15Sirach 10:20s
Romans 11:33Wisdom 17:1
Romans 12:15Sirach 7:34
Romans 13:1Sirach 4:27
Romans 13:1Wisdom 6:3s
Romans 13.10Wisdom 6.18
Romans 15:41 Maccabees 12:9
Romans 15:8Sirach 36:20

1 Corinthians

1 Corinthians 1:24Wisdom 7:24s
1 Corinthians 2:16Wisdom 9:13
1 Corinthians 2:9Sirach 1:10
1 Corinthians 4:13Tobit 5:19
1 Corinthians 4:14Wisdom 11:10
1 Corinthians 6:2Wisdom 3:8
1 Corinthians 6:12Sirach 37:28
1 Corinthians 6:13Sirach 36:18
1 Corinthians 6:18Sirach 23:17
1 Corinthians 7:19Sirach 32:23
1 Corinthians 9:19Sirach 6:19
1 Corinthians 9:25Wisdom 4:2
1 Corinthians 10:1Wisdom 19:7s
1 Corinthians 10:20Baruch 4:7
1 Corinthians 10:23Sirach 37:28
1 Corinthians 11:7Sirach 17:3
1 Corinthians 11:7Wisdom 2:23
1 Corinthians 11:24Wisdom 16:6
1 Corinthians 15:292 Maccabees 12:43s
1 Corinthians 15:32Wisdom 2:5s
1 Corinthians 15:34Wisdom 13:1

2 Corinthians

2 Corinthians 5:1, 4Wisdom 9:15
2 Corinthians 12:12Wisdom 10:16

Galatians

Galatians 2:6Sirach 35:13
Galatians 4:4Tobit 14:5
Galatians 6:1Wisdom 17:17

Ephesians

Ephesians 1:6Sirach 45:1
Ephesians 1:6Sirach 46:13
Ephesians 1:17Wisdom 7:7
Ephesians 4:14Sirach 5:9
Ephesians 4:24Wisdom 9:3
Ephesians 6:12Wisdom 5:17
Ephesians 6:14Wisdom 5:18
Ephesians 6:16Wisdom 5:19, 21

Philippians

Philippians 4:5Wisdom 2:19
Philippians 4:13Wisdom 7:23
Philippians 4:18Sirach 35:6

Colossians

Colossians 2:3Sirach 1:24s

1 Thessalonians

1 Thessalonians 3:11Judith 12:8
1 Thessalonians 4:6Sirach 5:3
1 Thessalonians 4:13Wisdom 3:18
1 Thessalonians 5:1Wisdom 8:8
1 Thessalonians 5:2Wisdom 18:14s
1 Thessalonians 5:3Wisdom 17:14
1 Thessalonians 5:8Wisdom 5:18

2 Thessalonians

2 Thessalonians 2:12 Maccabees 2:7

1 Timothy

1 Timothy 1:17Tobit 13:7, 11
1 Timothy 2:22 Maccabees 3:11
1 Timothy 2:2Baruch 1:11s
1 Timothy 6:15Sirach 46:5
1 Timothy 6:152 Maccabees 12:15
1 Timothy 6:152 Maccabees 13:4

2 Timothy

2 Timothy 2:19Sirach 17:26
2 Timothy 2:19Sirach 23:10v1
2 Timothy 2:19Sirach 35:3
2 Timothy 4:8 Wisdom 5:16
2 Timothy 4:171 Maccabees 2:60

Titus

Titus 2:112 Maccabees 3:30
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:31:13 PM
1 Peter

1 Peter 1:3Sirach 16:12
1 Peter 1:7Sirach 2:5
1 Peter 2:25Wisdom 1:6
1 Peter 4:192 Maccabees 1:24 etc.
1 Peter 5:7Wisdom 12:13

2 Peter

2 Peter 2:2Wisdom 5:6
2 Peter 2:7Wisdom 10:6
2 Peter 3:9Sirach 35:19
2 Peter 3:18Sirach 18:10

1 John

1 John 5:21Baruch 5:72

Jude

Jude 13Wisdom 14:1

Revelation

Revelation 1:18Sirach 18:1
Revelation 2:102 Maccabees 13:14
Revelation 2:12Wisdom 18:16 [15]
Revelation 2:172 Maccabees 2:4-8
Revelation 4:11Sirach 18:1
Revelation 4:11Wisdom 1:14
Revelation 5:7Sirach 1:8
Revelation 7:92 Maccabees 10:7
Revelation 8:1Wisdom 18:14
Revelation 8:2Tobit 12:15
Revelation 8:3Tobit 12:12
Revelation 8:7Sirach 39:29
Revelation 8:7Wisdom 16:22
Revelation 9:3Wisdom 16:9
Revelation 9:4Sirach 44:18 etc.
Revelation 11:192 Maccabees 2:4-8
Revelation 17:142 Maccabees 13:4
Revelation 18:2Baruch 4:35
Revelation 19:1Tobit 13:18
Revelation 19:112 Maccabees 3:25
Revelation 19:112 Maccabees 11:8
Revelation 19:162 Maccabees 13:4
Revelation 20:12sSirach 16:12
Revelation 21:19sTobit 13:17
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:36:49 PM
At 8/18/2013 5:28:07 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Jesus quoted the Hebrew Old Testament at times, since he read from the scrolls in the synagogue. But Jesus could have only quoted from the Hebrew, the New Testament authors later used the Greek translation to record the fact.
In Mark 7:6"7, Jesus quotes the Greek Septuagint of Isaiah 29:13 when he says, "Well did Isaiah prophesy of you hypocrites, as it is written, "This people honors me with their lips, but their heart is far from me; in vain do they worship me, teaching as doctrines the precepts of men.""

References in New Testament

Matthew

Matthew 4:4Wisdom 16:26
Matthew 4:151 Maccabees 5:15
Matthew 5:18Baruch 4:1
etc.

All us saints are the flesh used by God to testify to the invisible Christ ( Word of God ). The name of the first saint is not an English name called "Jesus". It was in an old language that no man could understand today. It's the pride of men that makes them believe they can understand different languages from 2,000 years ago or more.

The best man can do is translate from old English to modern English. Old English scriptures were translated from other Latin languages that no man could understand very well today. All you have to do is read English texts from 1,000 years ago and see if you can understand it.

The prophecies kept in pretty good shape because it was written in very heavy symbolic form. Since God is the only one who can interpret the prophecies, it makes no difference to Him if the symbolic words were changed from one language to another. But many of the religious ideas that the Romans added to their new testament changed many times during translations from one language to another. They are meaningless words anyway because they contain no testimonies by the true saints or prophets.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:48:37 PM

So, does this mean anyone who doesn't agree with you is sinning?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:58:30 PM
At 8/18/2013 5:48:37 PM, s-anthony wrote:

If everyone had the Truth, no one would argue with each other.
s-anthony
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 6:17:23 PM
At 8/18/2013 5:58:30 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/18/2013 5:48:37 PM, s-anthony wrote:

If everyone had the Truth, no one would argue with each other.

Is that the same as saying if everyone agreed with you?