Unswervingly believes in me.

~E.Y. Harburg, attributed
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 3:22:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
How can I believe in God when just last week I got my tongue caught in the roller of an electric typewriter? ~Woody Allen, "Selections from the Allen Notebooks," Without Feathers, 1975
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:39:00 AM
"The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us."

- C.S. Lewis
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:46:28 AM
"I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it."

- Alice Walker, The Color Purple
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 5:48:39 AM
"I believe in God, but not as one thing, not as an old man in the sky. I believe that what people call God is something in all of us. I believe that what Jesus and Mohammed and Buddha and all the rest said was right. It's just that the translations have gone wrong."

- John Lennon
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 6:05:56 AM
"My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?"

- C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2013 8:37:13 AM
At 8/18/2013 6:05:56 AM, johnlubba wrote:
"My argument against God was that the universe seemed so cruel and unjust. But how had I got this idea of just and unjust? A man does not call a line crooked unless he has some idea of a straight line. What was I comparing this universe with when I called it unjust?"

- C.S. Lewis, Mere Christianity

Here are some quotes from God through His last saint.

The Kingdom is one of many, the many are one and the one is all you need.

The darkness burns the soul as the soul comes to the light, when the soul is in the light, the darkness can't get in.

The Kingdom is near and far, depending on where you stand. If you stand over here or over there, you'll miss it, but those who stood in the right place are in the Kingdom.

The one who gives life is the one we die to, those who are living already died and those who died will live.

Give me your life and I'll give you life. Give me death and I'll still give you life. You can't die forever.

Some are there and some are here but we're all in one and will be over there.

One mind is enough for us all, but most minds get confused.

Show me the way to the Kingdom and I'll humbly be yours forever. Let me be in your Kingdom and you can be me forever.

The road to the Kingdom is rough but the ride is smooth and joyful.

For every soul who is lost on the way, the Kingdom weeps for them. But their spirit will give joy to the Kingdom forever and ever.

There is only one but that one is hard to find. When you find that one, it is an easy one.

We all are his, but we all were not, now some are and some are not.

Give him what he wants and keep the rest, but don't be surprised if he takes it all anyway.
ExsurgeDomine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 3:56:37 AM
I'll repost my old quote here. Love your signature, by the way.

'God! author of all consolation, God of all compassion, and Lord of the whole human race; God of my soul, body, and spirit; with supplications I reverence thee, O Lord and my God.' - History of Joseph the Carpenter
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:53:04 AM
At 8/19/2013 3:56:37 AM, ExsurgeDomine wrote:

'God! author of all consolation, God of all compassion, and Lord of the whole human race; God of my soul, body, and spirit; with supplications I reverence thee, O Lord and my God.' - History of Joseph the Carpenter

N1, Keep them coming.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:55:03 AM
"Any faith that must be supported by the evidence of the senses is not real faith."

- A.W. Tozer, The Knowledge of the Holy
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:56:08 AM
At 8/19/2013 8:53:04 AM, johnlubba wrote:

N1, Keep them coming.

God loves His lost sheep that are hidden deep in the bellies of the wolves.

The Truth is here to take you home but you"ll have to wait until He's done speaking.

You're all friends of God but not until your enemies are killed.
T
his act of life will end without any applause.

A terrible thing has happened as planned but it wasn't a terrible plan.

If you've been lost in the past and even more lost today, expect to be found tomorrow.

If you've searched for the truth all your life and didn't find it, it wasn't the truth that was lost.

Many say they know the truth but the truth created them to say that lie.

It doesn't seem right for God to hide from us but if He wasn't hiding from us, we wouldn't see Him anyway.

If there are lessons to be learned in this life, we won't remember them in the next one.

An eternity of visions and dreams lie waiting for us.

Hope is different than faith because faith is what gave you hope.

If you wait for the future, it will come to you.

Tomorrow is a day that will be "now" for us soon.

Days won't matter when all the days appear together.

Without darkness in Paradise, a day will be much longer.

If you"re my friend in this age, you will learn we"re friends forever.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 9:10:40 AM
At 8/19/2013 8:56:08 AM, bornofgod wrote:

N1, Keep them coming.

The Truth is here to take you home but you"ll have to wait until He's done speaking.

T

If you've been lost in the past and even more lost today, expect to be found tomorrow.

If you've searched for the truth all your life and didn't find it, it wasn't the truth that was lost.

It doesn't seem right for God to hide from us but if He wasn't hiding from us, we wouldn't see Him anyway.

If there are lessons to be learned in this life, we won't remember them in the next one.

You have a mystical talent, Much like Kahil Gibran, Maybe you are a poet without knowing it.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 9:13:03 AM
At 8/19/2013 9:10:40 AM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/19/2013 8:56:08 AM, bornofgod wrote:

N1, Keep them coming.

T

You have a mystical talent, Much like Kahil Gibran, Maybe you are a poet without knowing it.

No, I'm a saint with the knowledge of God. His wisdom is infinite.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 9:15:14 AM
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

- Khalil Gibran
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 9:19:42 AM
At 8/19/2013 9:15:14 AM, johnlubba wrote:
I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet, strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

- Khalil Gibran

I Corinthians 1:
25: For the foolishness of God is wiser than men, and the weakness of God is stronger than men.
26: For consider your call, brethren; not many of you were wise according to worldly standards, not many were powerful, not many were of noble birth;
27: but God chose what is foolish in the world to shame the wise, God chose what is weak in the world to shame the strong,
28: God chose what is low and despised in the world, even things that are not, to bring to nothing things that are,
29: so that no human being might boast in the presence of God.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 9:26:27 AM
"But for me the sweetest contact with God has no form. I close my eyes, look within, and enter a deep soft silence. The infinity of God's creation embraces me."

- Michael Jackson, Dancing the Dream
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 11:14:18 AM
At 8/19/2013 9:26:27 AM, johnlubba wrote:
"But for me the sweetest contact with God has no form. I close my eyes, look within, and enter a deep soft silence. The infinity of God's creation embraces me."

- Michael Jackson, Dancing the Dream

Did you notice that all the sayings I write in this forum have no author except for our Creator? My flesh doesn't take credit for anything I testify to because I know my flesh will be killed soon.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 11:34:27 AM
"God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance." - Neil Degrasse Tryson

"Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time...But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money." - George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson

"Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man?" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry

"I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is f*cked up." - George Carlin

"If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion." - Edmond De Goncourt

"Be sure to lie to your kids about the benevolent, all-seeing Santa Claus. It will prepare them for an adulthood of believing in God." - Scott Dikkers

"Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god's infinite love." - Bill Hicks

"The more I learn about the universe, the less convinced I am that there's any sort of benevolent force that has anything to do with it, at all." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

"I don't try to imagine a personal God; it suffices to stand in awe at the structure of the world, insofar as it allows our inadequate senses to appreciate it." - Albert Einstein

"I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world." - Georges Duhamel
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 12:10:06 PM
At 8/19/2013 11:34:27 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
"God is an ever-receding pocket of scientific ignorance." - Neil Degrasse Tryson

"Religion has convinced people that there's an invisible man ... living in the sky. Who watches everything you do every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a list of ten specific things he doesn't want you to do. And if you do any of these things, he will send you to a special place, of burning and fire and smoke and torture and anguish for you to live forever, and suffer, and suffer, and burn, and scream, until the end of time...But he loves you. He loves you. He loves you and he needs money." - George Carlin

"We are all atheists about most of the gods that humanity has ever believed in. Some of us just go one god further." - Richard Dawkins

"Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" - Douglas Adams

"The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. It does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." - Thomas Jefferson

"Is man merely a mistake of God's? Or God merely a mistake of man?" - Friedrich Nietzsche

"We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames them for his own mistakes." - Gene Roddenberry

"I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is f*cked up." - George Carlin

"If there is a God, atheism must seem to Him as less of an insult than religion." - Edmond De Goncourt

"Be sure to lie to your kids about the benevolent, all-seeing Santa Claus. It will prepare them for an adulthood of believing in God." - Scott Dikkers

"Eternal suffering awaits anyone who questions god's infinite love." - Bill Hicks

"The more I learn about the universe, the less convinced I am that there's any sort of benevolent force that has anything to do with it, at all." - Neil deGrasse Tyson

"I don't try to imagine a personal God; it suffices to stand in awe at the structure of the world, insofar as it allows our inadequate senses to appreciate it." - Albert Einstein

"I have too much respect for the idea of God to make it responsible for such an absurd world." - Georges Duhamel

Christianity sales are as good as McDonald"s with billions and billions sold over the church pulpits.

If man didn"t exist, then religion wouldn"t exist. If religion didn"t exist, then man would have to have faith in God. No wonder religion exists.

A sin in a man proves he"s a man. A sin in religious man proves he"s a liar.

A spirit of deception is a deceived Bible readers best friend. He always has the right interpretions.

The Christian qualifications for Bible study is to believe anything you want as long as you don't disagree with them.

The sin of pride and God don't mix at all and that's why he stays away from Christians.

A Christian leads a man everywhere but the spirit.

Pastors are people who try to convince their flocks that Jesus lives in their hearts so they can keep living in their swell homes for free.

Just think of all the poor people who could have lived on the real estate the churches were built on if they would have interpreted the scriptures properly.

There's a reason the churches are preaching a false gospel today. The profits are much better.

The Vatican boys made so much money they could afford to dress up for every occassion, even for their favorite little boys.

The first thing a Christian understands is forgiveness and from there he doesn't understand anything else.

If God isn't around to see you repent from your sin, it's possible you might cheat and do it again and again and again and again.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 2:31:25 PM
I'm not religious in the normal sense. I believe the universe is governed by the laws of science. The laws may have been decreed by God, but God does not intervene to break the laws.

Quoted in "Stephen Hawking prepares for weightless flight", New Scientist (26 April 2007)
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 3:40:36 PM
At 8/19/2013 2:31:25 PM, johnlubba wrote:
I'm not religious in the normal sense. I believe the universe is governed by the laws of science. The laws may have been decreed by God, but God does not intervene to break the laws.

Quoted in "Stephen Hawking prepares for weightless flight", New Scientist (26 April 2007)

I can't imagine what it would be like to have 17 versions of the Bible including the Parallel Study Bible, Matthew Henry Commentary, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, R. A. Torrey's New Topical Textbook, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, Naves Topical Bible, The New Testament Greek lexicon, Old Testament Hebrew lexicon, Easton's Bible Dictionary, and still not know the truth.
silverxseed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 5:05:47 PM
C'mon, lemme see a little wrath! Smite me, O mighty smiter! You're the one who should be fired! The only one around here not doing his job is You! ~Jim Carrey, Bruce Almighty
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 5:34:51 PM
Don't religious people wonder why they keep sinning after all those years of Jesus forgiving them?

The holier the church, the more sins they cover up.

If religious people had the Holy Spirit in them, there wouldn't be any religious people.

Religious people do everything they were trained to do except have faith in God which can't be trained.

When a religious person hears the truth about their sins, they become deaf and blind in a hurry.

Christianity is the only place you can have eternal life without ever giving up your sinful life and hearts of sin.

Religious people always start out with the fruit of God and end up with the grapes of wrath when the truth is preached to them.

A conservative, rightwing Christian has it all wrong. God isn't conservative, right wing or Christian. He's anti-religion, anti-business, anti-war, anti-greed, anti-sin, anti-disobedience and anti-anything of man's.

God's commandment to not have other gods before him doesn't apply to Christianity. They were saved by the grandfather clause written in their own law.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:00:44 AM
At 8/19/2013 5:05:47 PM, silverxseed wrote:
C'mon, lemme see a little wrath! Smite me, O mighty smiter! You're the one who should be fired! The only one around here not doing his job is You! ~Jim Carrey, Bruce Almighty

LMAO
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:02:32 AM
At 8/19/2013 3:40:36 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I can't imagine what it would be like to have 17 versions of the Bible including the Parallel Study Bible, Matthew Henry Commentary, Treasury of Scripture Knowledge, R. A. Torrey's New Topical Textbook, Strong's Exhaustive Concordance, Naves Topical Bible, The New Testament Greek lexicon, Old Testament Hebrew lexicon, Easton's Bible Dictionary, and still not know the truth.

"Say not, 'I have found the truth,' but rather, 'I have found a truth.'

Kahil Gibran
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 9:47:55 AM
At 8/20/2013 3:02:32 AM, johnlubba wrote:

Kahil Gibran

No man can find the Truth by reading words in books. The Truth finds His servant in the minds of His prophets and saints to reveal His eternal plans for His creation.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 10:04:42 AM
At 8/20/2013 9:47:55 AM, bornofgod wrote:
At 8/20/2013 3:02:32 AM, johnlubba wrote:

Kahil Gibran

No man can find the Truth by reading words in books. The Truth finds His servant in the minds of His prophets and saints to reveal His eternal plans for His creation.

The Truth can not be written, if that's true, then how ironic is what I just wrote.?