Jump to topic:

Is the Bible the WORD of God or the WORD of S

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 7:01:03 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is the Bible the WORD of God or the WORD of Satan?

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

As to the book called the bible, it is blasphemy to call it the Word of God. It is a book of lies and contradictions and a history of bad times and bad men. [Thomas Paine, writing to Andrew Dean August 15, 1806]

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
R13; Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

---------------------------------------------------

Many intelligent men have condemned the Bible and it"s God as completely immoral. Be they from ancient days or more modern times, the morality of God has been rejected by moral men and legislators of the laws we mostly all live under. Never has biblical laws and commandments been shown desirable for most of us to live under.

Christians tend not to like to discuss the morals taught by the Bible. The fact that Christians do not promote their laws over secular law indicate that they are aware of the immoral nature of their genocidal son murdering God and the draconian laws that Christians would put in place.

Satan is said to be able to deceive the whole world with his God given power and dogma says that he has dominion over the earth. Most believers say that the bible is the word of God even though it shows God in a less than favorable light even when compared to Satan. Even Christians admit this and when they do they fall back on their standard excuse of God being able and justified in doing whatever he likes to us, moral or not, because he owns us. That is a cop out to my way of thinking.

Satan has the power to deceive the whole world.

Is the WORD of God, --- because of the fact that it shows God to be more Satanic-like than God-like, --- really the WORD of Satan and not of God?

Regards
DL

P. S. Plese view Bishop Spong with his quick summery of how Jesus was made into the WORD by men.
Drayson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:02:03 PM
Or, it could be the word of God but God is the villain, and Satan is the good guy :P After all, right at the beginning of the bible, what was it that the snake (assuming it to be an avatar for Satan) was trying to accomplish?

He was trying to get Adam and Eve to think for themselves and not blindly accept anyone's authority over them - to open their minds and seek knowledge, instead of being brainless slaves

And what's hell meant to be like? Fire and brimstone and eternal agony. That's what's written in the bible, that's God's book. As far as I know, the Devil hasn't brought out a book. We don't know his side of the argument, right? If you ask me, the devil and God are having an argument, the Devil's being a bigger f**king man...because God's just writing s**t about him....and the Devil's going "I'm not even going to f**king comment son, if you talk about me like that"...

-Jim Jeffereies, I Swear To God
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 9:39:24 AM
At 8/19/2013 7:01:03 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Is the Bible the WORD of God or the WORD of Satan?

Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and tortuous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we call it the word of a demon than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel. [Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason]

As to the book called the bible, it is blasphemy to call it the Word of God. It is a book of lies and contradictions and a history of bad times and bad men. [Thomas Paine, writing to Andrew Dean August 15, 1806]

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully."
R13; Richard Dawkins, The God Delusion

---------------------------------------------------

Many intelligent men have condemned the Bible and it"s God as completely immoral. Be they from ancient days or more modern times, the morality of God has been rejected by moral men and legislators of the laws we mostly all live under. Never has biblical laws and commandments been shown desirable for most of us to live under.

Christians tend not to like to discuss the morals taught by the Bible. The fact that Christians do not promote their laws over secular law indicate that they are aware of the immoral nature of their genocidal son murdering God and the draconian laws that Christians would put in place.

Satan is said to be able to deceive the whole world with his God given power and dogma says that he has dominion over the earth. Most believers say that the bible is the word of God even though it shows God in a less than favorable light even when compared to Satan. Even Christians admit this and when they do they fall back on their standard excuse of God being able and justified in doing whatever he likes to us, moral or not, because he owns us. That is a cop out to my way of thinking.

Satan has the power to deceive the whole world.

Is the WORD of God, --- because of the fact that it shows God to be more Satanic-like than God-like, --- really the WORD of Satan and not of God?

Regards
DL

P. S. Plese view Bishop Spong with his quick summery of how Jesus was made into the WORD by men.

The Bible is NOT the Word of God. The original writings of the prophets and saints are only testimonies from their created existence called the "Word of God". As we preach in spoken testimonies, it's called the spoken Word of God because we are the created Word of God, which is invisible wavelengths of energy ( information ) without deception ( Lucifer and the beast ).

So the Word of God is God's creation. Satan is a term used for God's plan of deception to keep His people focused on this world with the senses of our flesh until all HIs prophets and saints were used to reveal who we really are. The name "Satan" has many other names for the same deception as in Lucifer, Serpent, Tree of the knowledge of good and evil, Cheribum and the flaming sword, Devil, Wicked, Antichrist, False Prophet, etc.

You could also say that Satan is the "boogie man in the woods" that isn't real but makes men fear it. Everything we experience in this world is only illusions that form from processed wavelengths of energy that we were created as. The atoms that scientists have taught us about are like pixels of a computer monitor. They appear on our retina's to give us visual pictures called this world. The rest of our eye brings in light energy to illuminate this picture, which can also make us believe in dimensions, just like pictures we can produce through pixels on a monitor.

So the Bible contains some knowledge of God but is also tainted with false information that comes out of God's plan called satan, or the beast. This is why no man can get to the Truth by reading a book with words in it.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 5:28:47 PM
At 8/20/2013 2:16:57 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
What a waste of time.

Regards
DL

All the time of sinners will be wasted but the spoken Word will go on forever after God destroys everything in this world, including your flesh as well as the flesh of all His people.
zachbornheimer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2013 9:51:38 PM
Frankly, if there is a divinity that dictated the Torah, we wouldn't be able to understand the meaning of it.

The Talmud is probably closer to something we as humans could understand -- for example, through the Talmud, Rashi, a commentator, noted that Genesis probably represented primordial soup (this was around 11th century CE).

This is all predicated on the Torah being a work of divine nature. This would imply anything based on the interpretations of the Torah without the consultation of the Talmud most likely lacks understanding of the meaning of the words.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/22/2013 2:07:16 PM
At 8/21/2013 9:51:38 PM, zachbornheimer wrote:
Frankly, if there is a divinity that dictated the Torah, we wouldn't be able to understand the meaning of it.

The Talmud is probably closer to something we as humans could understand -- for example, through the Talmud, Rashi, a commentator, noted that Genesis probably represented primordial soup (this was around 11th century CE).

This is all predicated on the Torah being a work of divine nature. This would imply anything based on the interpretations of the Torah without the consultation of the Talmud most likely lacks understanding of the meaning of the words.

Only the servant of God ( Christ ) in the flesh of all the saints will understand what's going on during this age. Sinners ( including all Christians ) are kept from possessing God's knowledge.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 10:11:13 AM
At 8/23/2013 10:04:43 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
Delusion.

Regards
DL

You're just a chosen "unbeliever" during this first age. Your spirit will be saved after your flesh perishes and will be given new flesh in Paradise. Your new flesh will never deceive you of the Truth again.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 11:08:56 AM
At 8/23/2013 11:04:50 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
More delusion.

Regards
DL

A man with no knowledge of God always ends up with quotes like this when facing the Truth spoken through a saint's gospel.
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 11:26:48 AM
I am not an atheist but if believing that I am suits your view then go ahead and think as you like and maintain your delusions.

Regards
DL
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 12:06:43 PM
At 8/23/2013 11:26:48 AM, GreatestIam wrote:
I am not an atheist but if believing that I am suits your view then go ahead and think as you like and maintain your delusions.

Regards
DL

You're a lost spiritual man in a flesh that exalts you above your Creator.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 12:43:47 PM
At 8/23/2013 12:22:14 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Is that the same creator that makes all things perfect?

Regards
DL

Yes, the perfect invisible Creator created everything as wavelengths of energy that is processed into make-believe worlds for us to experience.

However, in this first age, God created a delusion to keep men confused while He works through His servant to reveal who we are and His eternal plan for His perfect creation.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2013 1:35:18 PM
At 8/23/2013 1:30:10 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
Done with you. Thanks.

Regards
DL

Done with you. Thanks.

Another bit of extraordinary knowledge coming from the flesh of a very deceived man.