Jump to topic:

What do you think about this quote?

SitaraPorDios
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:14:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
Jesus is the only way to be saved.
http://www.biblegateway.com...
Liberalism is the superior philosophy.
If you are going to talk dirty to me, say it in Spanish.
I will respect you if you respect me. Otherwise, no.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:26:08 PM
At 8/19/2013 8:14:21 PM, SitaraPorDios wrote:
Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?

This is essentially the earliest form of the logical Problem of Evil (although it is technically not an argument, as presented above, as it is in the form of multiple questions). Most philosophers (including Atheistic philosophers) reject this version of the argument. The one that is most commonly discussed in the literature is the evidential Problem of Evil, although there are philosophers who still defend the logical Problem of Evil.
SitaraPorDios
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:31:02 PM
At 8/19/2013 8:26:08 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

This is essentially the earliest form of the logical Problem of Evil (although it is technically not an argument, as presented above, as it is in the form of multiple questions). Most philosophers (including Atheistic philosophers) reject this version of the argument. The one that is most commonly discussed in the literature is the evidential Problem of Evil, although there are philosophers who still defend the logical Problem of Evil.

Help me out here. I am not sure what you mean with these labels. LOL.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:41:33 PM
At 8/19/2013 8:31:02 PM, SitaraPorDios wrote:

The quote basically implies that God does not exist, because if he did he would have the will to stop evil (being omnibenevolent), and the power (being omnipotent). Yet, evil exists.
SitaraPorDios
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:50:21 PM
At 8/19/2013 8:41:33 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

The quote basically implies that God does not exist, because if he did he would have the will to stop evil (being omnibenevolent), and the power (being omnipotent). Yet, evil exists.

Oh, okay. I am a monotheist. I believe that He exists enough to be so angry at Him.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:52:28 PM
At 8/19/2013 8:50:21 PM, SitaraPorDios wrote:

Oh, okay. I am a monotheist. I believe that He exists enough to be so angry at Him.

"I believe that He exists enough to be so angry at Him."

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Would you expand on this statement?
SitaraPorDios
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 8:54:10 PM
At 8/19/2013 8:52:28 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 8/19/2013 8:50:21 PM, SitaraPorDios wrote:

"I believe that He exists enough to be so angry at Him."

I'm not quite sure what you mean by this. Would you expand on this statement?

Sure. God did not ask permission to make me disabled, force me to endure 13 years of abuse from my father, be bullied my entire life, and so on. I deserve a break. I deserve to be happy.
zbDbte
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/19/2013 11:24:09 PM

He is able to, but why do it? Humans will label him as evil for not intervening, but from God's perspective, no evil has been done.

It's in a way like a football game, just because the quarterback is about to get sacked doesn't mean the coach will jump in to block the tackle. And, in God's case, God is the coach for both teams; even more reason to not mind which team wins.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:17:06 AM

I like it because it's a flow chart to where you have some explaining to do.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:31:39 AM
Story book good claims to have created absolutely everything! = Col. 1:16

Hence it created Sin & Evil, so it then trys to blame man & a naughty Satan spirit angel being (If it can ever in fact be legitimately & literally found IN or OUT of Story book Land?) which is another lie this Story book god dishonestly trys to pass the blame away from itself, whom is in fact self-admittedly entirely responsible!

QED
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:47:00 AM
At 8/19/2013 8:54:10 PM, SitaraPorDios wrote:
Sure. God did not ask permission to make me disabled, force me to endure 13 years of abuse from my father, be bullied my entire life, and so on. I deserve a break. I deserve to be happy.
Best advice for happiness is to stay clear of ALL religion!

Actually, fairly recent Data also proves & confirms just that!

I personally have been pleading with these self-acclaimed believers for over 50 years for them to apply e.g. John 14:12-14 & 15:7 and get this jebus to keep its word!

However 2000 years on and my personal 50 year appeals to them, and the only thing that has been re-confirmed is the re-confirmation that their various Story book claims such as that, are 100% lies!

Try this test yourself!

Ask them to pray tonight to their jebus or preferred god(s) to say Cure ALL Cancer! bible users using e.g. John 14:12-14 & 15:7 & let's wake up tomorrow & see how they went?

I prophesy/predict it will be the same as always, as their god(s) are 100% human invention!
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 5:06:28 AM
At 8/20/2013 3:47:00 AM, Composer wrote:
At 8/19/2013 8:54:10 PM, SitaraPorDios wrote:
Best advice for happiness is to stay clear of ALL religion!

Actually, fairly recent Data also proves & confirms just that!

I personally have been pleading with these self-acclaimed believers for over 50 years for them to apply e.g. John 14:12-14 & 15:7 and get this jebus to keep its word!

However 2000 years on and my personal 50 year appeals to them, and the only thing that has been re-confirmed is the re-confirmation that their various Story book claims such as that, are 100% lies!

Try this test yourself!

Ask them to pray tonight to their jebus or preferred god(s) to say Cure ALL Cancer! bible users using e.g. John 14:12-14 & 15:7 & let's wake up tomorrow & see how they went?

God is not your servant.

I prophesy/predict it will be the same as always, as their god(s) are 100% human invention!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 9:40:36 AM

God created stupid people, too.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 11:24:00 AM

Everything in the material world is temporary, however.
Everybody suffers in the material world, this is a fact. Nobody can avoid suffering, Birth, Death, Old Age, Disease. Although the suffering is real, it is temporary and realization that the material world is suffering, leads one to conclude to ask how to get out of this suffering.
Should one make ones material life more cozier or luxurious, that is also temporary, everything a man earns he shall one day lose. He will get kicked out, asking the question of why am I suffering, or why is this suffering forced upon me, is one of the first philosophical questions, the answer is to seek what is not temoproray, like sense enjoyments in material nature, but to seek out the permanent reality which is the eternal nature of the spiritual soul, and the Super Soul.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 11:26:42 AM
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matt. 6:19-21
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 12:08:05 PM

If life is eternal, the evil that exists is miniscule. I imagine 10 lifetimes from now the evil occurring in this lifetime would be easy to forgive and forget .
SitaraPorDios
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 1:38:32 PM
At 8/20/2013 11:26:42 AM, johnlubba wrote:
"Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matt. 6:19-21

You have not answered my question. What do YOU think about this quote?
SitaraPorDios
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 1:39:45 PM
At 8/20/2013 11:24:00 AM, johnlubba wrote:

Everybody suffers in the material world, this is a fact. Nobody can avoid suffering, Birth, Death, Old Age, Disease. Although the suffering is real, it is temporary and realization that the material world is suffering, leads one to conclude to ask how to get out of this suffering.
Should one make ones material life more cozier or luxurious, that is also temporary, everything a man earns he shall one day lose. He will get kicked out, asking the question of why am I suffering, or why is this suffering forced upon me, is one of the first philosophical questions, the answer is to seek what is not temoproray, like sense enjoyments in material nature, but to seek out the permanent reality which is the eternal nature of the spiritual soul, and the Super Soul.
oops, you did. Do explain the relevence of those Bible verses.
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 3:03:14 PM
At 8/20/2013 1:39:45 PM, SitaraPorDios wrote:

This particular Bible verse, is trying to convey that earthly treasures are temporary and can be stolen by thieves, or rusted by the elements or eaten by moths, but if you store your treasure in the spiritual self and in your relationship with God, which is on the intangible spiritual platform, not the material platform. then nobody can steal it and neither can it be rusted by the elements or eaten by moths.

Sorry typing of my phone so can only offer a condensed explanation.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/20/2013 5:08:27 PM
At 8/20/2013 3:03:14 PM, johnlubba wrote:
At 8/20/2013 1:39:45 PM, SitaraPorDios wrote:

This particular Bible verse, is trying to convey that earthly treasures are temporary and can be stolen by thieves, or rusted by the elements or eaten by moths, but if you store your treasure in the spiritual self and in your relationship with God, which is on the intangible spiritual platform, not the material platform. then nobody can steal it and neither can it be rusted by the elements or eaten by moths.

Sorry typing of my phone so can only offer a condensed explanation.

There won't be any materialism in the next age after God destroys everything on this planet during the end of this age. We will live on earth again in the next age but we'll see a much different one.