Jump to topic:

Is God goog God ?

Nela55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 11:42:30 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
- This is my second and last Topic. As I have said in previous one ,I believe in God, and I'm ashamed I have this question, but sometimes I'm scared of questions that confuse me. Again sorry for my English grammar.

- I found this post on one forum and I want to hear your opinions about it,
Here it is:
- "God is the best. No one is better than Him. If anything were better than Him, then that thing would be God, and He wouldn't be. It seems silly, but it's an irony that makes a point, and gets you to think about what God is, and why He is good. If anything else could be more good than God, that would be God, and God would not be God. If God is not good, then everything else in the universe is not good. Because God created everything that exists, besides Himself. If anything in the universe is good, then God must be good, because He created it. So the question is, is anything in the universe good? Well, love is good. Creativity is good. Justice is good. Hope is good. Faith is good. Mankind is good. Life is good. Beauty is good. Science is good. Art is good. Music is good. Poetry is good.

So God must be good."

- AND THEN he or she get this replay from someone :
- "God is the worst. No one is worse than Him. If anything were worse than Him, then that thing would be God, and He wouldn't be. It seems silly, but it's an irony that makes a point, and gets you to think about what God is, and why He is evil. If anything else could be more evil than God, that would be God, and God would not be God. If God is not evil, then everything else in the universe is not evil. Because God created everything that exists, besides Himself. If anything in the universe is evil, then God must be evil, because He created it. So the question is, is anything in the universe evil? Well, murder is evil. Torture is evil. Theft is evil. Unmitigated and pointless pain is evil. Slavery is evil. Famine is evil. Rape is evil. War is evil. Plague is evil. Cancer is evil. Paedophilia is evil . Racism is evil.

So God must be evil."

- So,I'm really confused now,what to belive.
It is said somewhere that existence of evil is lack of good... but that mean also that existence of good is lack of evil ? Do you agree?
What do you think about that ? Thank you.
pozessed
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 9:33:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 11:42:30 AM, Nela55 wrote:
- This is my second and last Topic. As I have said in previous one ,I believe in God, and I'm ashamed I have this question, but sometimes I'm scared of questions that confuse me. Again sorry for my English grammar.

- I found this post on one forum and I want to hear your opinions about it,
Here it is:
- "God is the best. No one is better than Him. If anything were better than Him, then that thing would be God, and He wouldn't be. It seems silly, but it's an irony that makes a point, and gets you to think about what God is, and why He is good. If anything else could be more good than God, that would be God, and God would not be God. If God is not good, then everything else in the universe is not good. Because God created everything that exists, besides Himself. If anything in the universe is good, then God must be good, because He created it. So the question is, is anything in the universe good? Well, love is good. Creativity is good. Justice is good. Hope is good. Faith is good. Mankind is good. Life is good. Beauty is good. Science is good. Art is good. Music is good. Poetry is good.

So God must be good."

- AND THEN he or she get this replay from someone :
- "God is the worst. No one is worse than Him. If anything were worse than Him, then that thing would be God, and He wouldn't be. It seems silly, but it's an irony that makes a point, and gets you to think about what God is, and why He is evil. If anything else could be more evil than God, that would be God, and God would not be God. If God is not evil, then everything else in the universe is not evil. Because God created everything that exists, besides Himself. If anything in the universe is evil, then God must be evil, because He created it. So the question is, is anything in the universe evil? Well, murder is evil. Torture is evil. Theft is evil. Unmitigated and pointless pain is evil. Slavery is evil. Famine is evil. Rape is evil. War is evil. Plague is evil. Cancer is evil. Paedophilia is evil . Racism is evil.

So God must be evil."

- So,I'm really confused now,what to belive.
It is said somewhere that existence of evil is lack of good... but that mean also that existence of good is lack of evil ? Do you agree?
What do you think about that ? Thank you.

Some people believe God is all good. Some people believe God doesn't exist and evil is more prominent. Some people believe there is a good God and an evil one.

My belief is man is the sole creator of evil.

Your perception is the only thing that matters in the question you have asked. You are the only one who can answer that question, but you should at least have an idea of the choices available before you do answer.

I hope that helped.