Total Posts:149|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Why the Bible makes no Sense

Installgentoo
Posts: 1,420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 12:23:32 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

What a soft ball. Cognitive dissonance.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 12:48:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

What a soft ball. Simple hypocrisy.
justin.graves
Posts: 220
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 12:51:29 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

Would you like to supply references for further evaluation? Maybe a few more instances of why the Bible makes no sense?
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
MysticEgg
Posts: 524
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 4:14:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago

Would you like to supply references for further evaluation? Maybe a few more instances of why the Bible makes no sense?

Well there are many contradictions:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com...
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Some of these may be repeated, but I think my point stands. For example...
How many men did the chief of David's captains kill?
800?
"2 Samuel 23:8
These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time. (KJV)
These are the names of David's mighty men: Josheb-Basshebeth, a Tahkemonite, was chief of the Three; he raised his spear against eight hundred men, whom he killed in one encounter. (NIV)

These are the names of the mighty men whom David had: Josheb-basshe'beth a Tah-che'monite; he was chief of the three; he wielded his spear against eight hundred whom he slew at one time. (RSV)"

Or 300?
"1 Chronicles 11:11
And this is the number of the mighty men whom David had; Jashobeam, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains: he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time. (KJV)
this is the list of David's mighty men: Jashobeam, a Hacmonite, was chief of the officers; he raised his spear against three hundred men, whom he killed in one encounter. (NIV)

This is an account of David's mighty men: Jasho'be-am, a Hach'monite, was chief of the three; he wielded his spear against three hundred whom he slew at one time. (RSV)"
Jack212
Posts: 572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 4:41:04 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

Those murders were okay because God ordered them. If God orders you to do something sinful, you're exempt from sin. Except when you're not.
Magic8000
Posts: 975
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/28/2013 6:07:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 4:14:23 PM, MysticEgg wrote:

Would you like to supply references for further evaluation? Maybe a few more instances of why the Bible makes no sense?

Well there are many contradictions:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com...
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Some of these may be repeated, but I think my point stands. For example...
How many men did the chief of David's captains kill?
800?
"2 Samuel 23:8
These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time. (KJV)
These are the names of David's mighty men: Josheb-Basshebeth, a Tahkemonite, was chief of the Three; he raised his spear against eight hundred men, whom he killed in one encounter. (NIV)

These are the names of the mighty men whom David had: Josheb-basshe'beth a Tah-che'monite; he was chief of the three; he wielded his spear against eight hundred whom he slew at one time. (RSV)"

Or 300?
"1 Chronicles 11:11
And this is the number of the mighty men whom David had; Jashobeam, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains: he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time. (KJV)
this is the list of David's mighty men: Jashobeam, a Hacmonite, was chief of the officers; he raised his spear against three hundred men, whom he killed in one encounter. (NIV)

This is an account of David's mighty men: Jasho'be-am, a Hach'monite, was chief of the three; he wielded his spear against three hundred whom he slew at one time. (RSV)"

I've seen the answer before. The first verse is talking about men in general, while the second is talking about mighty men.
404 coherent debate topic not found. Please restart the debate with clear resolution.

"So Magic8000 believes Einstein was a proctologist who was persuaded by the Government and Hitler to fabricate the Theory of Relativity"- GWL-CPA
MysticEgg
Posts: 524
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 2:28:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 6:07:58 PM, Magic8000 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 4:14:23 PM, MysticEgg wrote:

Would you like to supply references for further evaluation? Maybe a few more instances of why the Bible makes no sense?

Well there are many contradictions:
http://www.thethinkingatheist.com...
http://skepticsannotatedbible.com...

Some of these may be repeated, but I think my point stands. For example...
How many men did the chief of David's captains kill?
800?
"2 Samuel 23:8
These be the names of the mighty men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time. (KJV)
These are the names of David's mighty men: Josheb-Basshebeth, a Tahkemonite, was chief of the Three; he raised his spear against eight hundred men, whom he killed in one encounter. (NIV)

These are the names of the mighty men whom David had: Josheb-basshe'beth a Tah-che'monite; he was chief of the three; he wielded his spear against eight hundred whom he slew at one time. (RSV)"

Or 300?
"1 Chronicles 11:11
And this is the number of the mighty men whom David had; Jashobeam, an Hachmonite, the chief of the captains: he lifted up his spear against three hundred slain by him at one time. (KJV)
this is the list of David's mighty men: Jashobeam, a Hacmonite, was chief of the officers; he raised his spear against three hundred men, whom he killed in one encounter. (NIV)

This is an account of David's mighty men: Jasho'be-am, a Hach'monite, was chief of the three; he wielded his spear against three hundred whom he slew at one time. (RSV)"

I've seen the answer before. The first verse is talking about men in general, while the second is talking about mighty men.

No because the first one uses mighty as an adjective, too.
lolzors93
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.
bulproof
Posts: 25,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.
bulproof
Posts: 25,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Cowboy0108
Posts: 420
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 11:00:28 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

It is not murder in the Bible, it is execution.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 11:37:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 12:24:17 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 11:00:28 AM, Cowboy0108 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

It is not murder in the Bible, it is execution.

Yes, and Dahmer didnt murder anyone, it was cryogenics, and surgery.
Drayson
Posts: 288
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 4:18:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Because most versions of the bible miss out the asterisk:

*Unless you really really want to
"I'm not saying I don't trust you...and I'm not saying I do. But I don't"

-Topper Harley
lolzors93
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 5:08:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 11:37:26 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power doesn't corrupt absolutely. Beings do not change their essences: a human cannot be not a human, nor can a God that is just not be a God that is just. Humans are intrinsically selfish, which is the root of injustice as Socrates said. Hence, absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, since corruption is merely the expression of the allowance of one's true nature. People only do justice because they cannot do injustice successfully. Therefore, if God is just, then it follows that Him being in power, absolutely, would not mean that He would be corrupted absolutely: it would only mean that it would allow His true being to shine.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 5:36:01 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 5:08:58 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 11:37:26 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power doesn't corrupt absolutely. Beings do not change their essences: a human cannot be not a human, nor can a God that is just not be a God that is just. Humans are intrinsically selfish, which is the root of injustice as Socrates said. Hence, absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, since corruption is merely the expression of the allowance of one's true nature. People only do justice because they cannot do injustice successfully. Therefore, if God is just, then it follows that Him being in power, absolutely, would not mean that He would be corrupted absolutely: it would only mean that it would allow His true being to shine.

So God is just immoral from the get go, and it wasnt his power that corrupted him?
lolzors93
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 5:44:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 5:36:01 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 5:08:58 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 11:37:26 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power doesn't corrupt absolutely. Beings do not change their essences: a human cannot be not a human, nor can a God that is just not be a God that is just. Humans are intrinsically selfish, which is the root of injustice as Socrates said. Hence, absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, since corruption is merely the expression of the allowance of one's true nature. People only do justice because they cannot do injustice successfully. Therefore, if God is just, then it follows that Him being in power, absolutely, would not mean that He would be corrupted absolutely: it would only mean that it would allow His true being to shine.

So God is just immoral from the get go, and it wasnt his power that corrupted him?

No, God is not immoral at all. How could one justify God being immoral?
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 6:13:54 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 5:08:58 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 11:37:26 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power doesn't corrupt absolutely. Beings do not change their essences: a human cannot be not a human, nor can a God that is just not be a God that is just. Humans are intrinsically selfish, which is the root of injustice as Socrates said. Hence, absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, since corruption is merely the expression of the allowance of one's true nature. People only do justice because they cannot do injustice successfully. Therefore, if God is just, then it follows that Him being in power, absolutely, would not mean that He would be corrupted absolutely: it would only mean that it would allow His true being to shine.

Who created these intrinsically selfish, essentially evil, who are by very nature truly corrupt human beings?
lolzors93
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 7:33:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 6:13:54 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 8/29/2013 5:08:58 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 11:37:26 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power doesn't corrupt absolutely. Beings do not change their essences: a human cannot be not a human, nor can a God that is just not be a God that is just. Humans are intrinsically selfish, which is the root of injustice as Socrates said. Hence, absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, since corruption is merely the expression of the allowance of one's true nature. People only do justice because they cannot do injustice successfully. Therefore, if God is just, then it follows that Him being in power, absolutely, would not mean that He would be corrupted absolutely: it would only mean that it would allow His true being to shine.

Who created these intrinsically selfish, essentially evil, who are by very nature truly corrupt human beings?

God created even the wicked for the day of trouble. However, simply because God created the wicked for the day of trouble does not infer that God is evil.
kjw47
Posts: 1,624
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 7:48:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

God wanted certain groups destroyed, they were wicked to the core-serving false gods,pagan practices--some used orgies as worship or were sacrificing their own children to stone gods. Parents handing down to their children wickedness-its been about 99% of all mankind doing this throughout history. Jesus taught truth-- satan is the ruler of this world. Thou shalt not murder( is correct)--Only God has the right to order wars like that. it stopped when Jesus came and made a new covenant--Love, peace, unity---no part of this satan ruled world.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2013 9:41:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 5:44:35 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 5:36:01 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 5:08:58 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 11:37:26 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power doesn't corrupt absolutely. Beings do not change their essences: a human cannot be not a human, nor can a God that is just not be a God that is just. Humans are intrinsically selfish, which is the root of injustice as Socrates said. Hence, absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, since corruption is merely the expression of the allowance of one's true nature. People only do justice because they cannot do injustice successfully. Therefore, if God is just, then it follows that Him being in power, absolutely, would not mean that He would be corrupted absolutely: it would only mean that it would allow His true being to shine.

So God is just immoral from the get go, and it wasnt his power that corrupted him?

No, God is not immoral at all. How could one justify God being immoral?

Well, okay, Amoral. Atleast the deist God isnt necessarily immoral.
lolzors93
Posts: 41
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 7:07:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 9:41:23 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 5:44:35 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 5:36:01 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 5:08:58 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 11:37:26 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power doesn't corrupt absolutely. Beings do not change their essences: a human cannot be not a human, nor can a God that is just not be a God that is just. Humans are intrinsically selfish, which is the root of injustice as Socrates said. Hence, absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, since corruption is merely the expression of the allowance of one's true nature. People only do justice because they cannot do injustice successfully. Therefore, if God is just, then it follows that Him being in power, absolutely, would not mean that He would be corrupted absolutely: it would only mean that it would allow His true being to shine.

So God is just immoral from the get go, and it wasnt his power that corrupted him?

No, God is not immoral at all. How could one justify God being immoral?

Well, okay, Amoral. Atleast the deist God isnt necessarily immoral.

I asked you why you think that God would be immoral. God is no amoral, nor immoral.
bulproof
Posts: 25,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 7:55:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 5:08:58 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 11:37:26 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power doesn't corrupt absolutely. Beings do not change their essences: a human cannot be not a human, nor can a God that is just not be a God that is just. Humans are intrinsically selfish, which is the root of injustice as Socrates said. Hence, absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, since corruption is merely the expression of the allowance of one's true nature. People only do justice because they cannot do injustice successfully. Therefore, if God is just, then it follows that Him being in power, absolutely, would not mean that He would be corrupted absolutely: it would only mean that it would allow His true being to shine.

You gotta stop reading the propaganda, 99% of people are intrinsically good and caring, it's only religious cults (all of 'em) who need to convince their poor deluded followers that they and everyone else is evil. Because the cults/religions need evil people to SAVE, it gives them a reason to exist.
Pathetic parasites.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
s-anthony
Posts: 2,582
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 8:12:45 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 7:33:53 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:13:54 PM, s-anthony wrote:
At 8/29/2013 5:08:58 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 11:37:26 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power doesn't corrupt absolutely. Beings do not change their essences: a human cannot be not a human, nor can a God that is just not be a God that is just. Humans are intrinsically selfish, which is the root of injustice as Socrates said. Hence, absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, since corruption is merely the expression of the allowance of one's true nature. People only do justice because they cannot do injustice successfully. Therefore, if God is just, then it follows that Him being in power, absolutely, would not mean that He would be corrupted absolutely: it would only mean that it would allow His true being to shine.

Who created these intrinsically selfish, essentially evil, who are by very nature truly corrupt human beings?

God created even the wicked for the day of trouble. However, simply because God created the wicked for the day of trouble does not infer that God is evil.

So, wickedness and evil came from God? From where did God acquire this wickedness and evil?
bulproof
Posts: 25,211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 8:18:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/29/2013 7:48:00 PM, kjw47 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

God wanted certain groups destroyed, they were wicked to the core-serving false gods,pagan practices--some used orgies as worship or were sacrificing their own children to stone gods. Parents handing down to their children wickedness-its been about 99% of all mankind doing this throughout history. Jesus taught truth-- satan is the ruler of this world. Thou shalt not murder( is correct)--Only God has the right to order wars like that. it stopped when Jesus came and made a new covenant--Love, peace, unity---no part of this satan ruled world.
I haven't seen any mention in gods authorised biography anything about him giving them Aztecs and Mayans a bit of come-uppance for their human sacrifices, by the thousands. What didn't he know about them?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:08:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/30/2013 7:07:42 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 9:41:23 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 5:44:35 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 5:36:01 PM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 5:08:58 PM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/29/2013 11:37:26 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:39:46 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 10:36:28 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 8/29/2013 7:24:29 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 8/29/2013 6:36:08 AM, lolzors93 wrote:
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The King James Version, because it is from Latin, not the original languages, is the only translation that says "kill." Every other translation has "murder." There is no issue here, since murder is simply unjustified killing.

And justified killing is justified by WHOM?

By God. Hes like Hitler. If he tells you to gas the jews and says its moral, by god its moral, and your hand should be the first one to gas them to death.

A real fvcking piece of work ain't he?

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Absolute power doesn't corrupt absolutely. Beings do not change their essences: a human cannot be not a human, nor can a God that is just not be a God that is just. Humans are intrinsically selfish, which is the root of injustice as Socrates said. Hence, absolute power does not corrupt absolutely, since corruption is merely the expression of the allowance of one's true nature. People only do justice because they cannot do injustice successfully. Therefore, if God is just, then it follows that Him being in power, absolutely, would not mean that He would be corrupted absolutely: it would only mean that it would allow His true being to shine.

So God is just immoral from the get go, and it wasnt his power that corrupted him?

No, God is not immoral at all. How could one justify God being immoral?

Well, okay, Amoral. Atleast the deist God isnt necessarily immoral.

I asked you why you think that God would be immoral. God is no amoral, nor immoral.

If were talking about specific gods of, for example, the bible, he orders, allows, and does things that are necessarily immoral.
MysticEgg
Posts: 524
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 11:21:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
If everything was perfect before sin; then there could be no original sin. Why? Because if something is perfect; it cannot go wrong.

On another note, I have a question?

Is something good because God commands it so? Or does God command it so because it is good?

If either is true, God and I aren't seeing eye to eye...
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2013 12:04:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 8/28/2013 12:09:57 PM, Installgentoo wrote:
I respect people's beliefs, but I cannot believe the Bible's word because of how it contradicts it's holy texts. The Ten Commandments state "Thou shalt not kill" or, in Hebrew "Thou shalt do no murder". Yet, in the Bible, the Hebrews kill shittonnes of people, not just in battle, but in massacres, sometimes of women and children.

How could anyone believe in a book that contradicts it's own rules in such a way?

The Bible itself is NOT the word of God. The original prophecies were written by prophets who knew our Creator and God's saints who would be used to reveal God's hidden knowledge and interpret the prophecies to clarify the hidden knowledge.

So all the written and spoken testimonies by the prophets and saints came from our created INVISIBLE existence called "the Word of God", or "Christ".

I Colossians 1:
15: He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born of all creation;

These original writings by the prophets and saints were changed by religious Jews and Romans to control their people and make great wealth. The only way you can hear the Truth is through a saint who was created as the invisible " Word of God". I happen to be God's last saint who speaks for Him so if you're interested, listen to Him in my testimonies.