Jump to topic:

God is an a s s hole.

Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 9:12:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
He does not reward good and punish bad. It is quite the opposite. Evil people get away with murder while good people suffer. I hate God right now. I wonder if the a s s hole even exists.
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 9:22:56 AM
You are assuming that we are alive simply to have a party. Ever heard of the concept of afterlife?

Also, if God doesn't exist, on what grounds do you call something good or evil?
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 9:38:19 AM
At 9/4/2013 9:22:56 AM, Dragonfang wrote:
You are assuming that we are alive simply to have a party. Ever heard of the concept of afterlife?

Don't give me that crap. I have every right to question God for the evil that he forced on me. He is no different than a rapist.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 9:38:52 AM

I have the right to be happy.
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 9:55:19 AM
Prove to me that this is evil. Ever heard of survival of the fittest? You think it is evil, others don't.
I want you to prove to me that an objective good and evil exists.

Lets say good and evil exists, you are assuming that there is no moral justification for "Evil" to exist. Prove that there is none if that is the case.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 10:15:36 AM
At 9/4/2013 9:55:19 AM, Dragonfang wrote:
Prove to me that this is evil. Ever heard of survival of the fittest? You think it is evil, others don't.

Lets say good and evil exists, you are assuming that there is no moral justification for "Evil" to exist. Prove that there is none if that is the case.

You are to stop posting on this forum. You disgust me. How dare you judge what I have been through. It is evil to create and allow the existance of evil. Typical religicrite.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 10:16:25 AM

The burden of proof is not on me. Prove that God is good when evil exists.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 10:26:59 AM

Ya just gotta love that.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 10:32:41 AM
At 9/4/2013 10:15:36 AM, Sitara wrote:

You are to stop posting on this forum. You disgust me. How dare you judge what I have been through. It is evil to create and allow the existance of evil. Typical religicrite.

I never judged anything, sorry for whatever happened to you. You are the one judging whatever happened as evil. I simply want to know the basis of your judgement. What makes something good or evil?
All I see is an emotional argument.

The burden of proof is on you to prove that evil exists. If it is not fulfilled then your argument is simply begging the question. Thus, not valid.
Also, you are assuming that God must not create a world where evil exist. God is omnipotent, meaning he is all-wise. This is either an argument from ignorance or you are claiming to be infinitely wise.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 10:53:14 AM
At 9/4/2013 10:32:41 AM, Dragonfang wrote:

I never judged anything, sorry for whatever happened to you. You are the one judging whatever happened as evil. I simply want to know the basis of your judgement. What makes something good or evil?

The burden of proof is on you to prove that evil exists. If it is not fulfilled then your argument is simply begging the question. Thus, not valid.
Also, you are assuming that God must not create a world where evil exist. God is omnipotent, meaning he is all-wise. This is either an argument from ignorance or you are claiming to be infinitely wise.
Wrong. Evil exists. It is obvious. You are so dumb to say that it does not. I guess rape and murder are not evil. End satire.
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 10:59:15 AM
At 9/4/2013 10:53:14 AM, Sitara wrote:

Wrong. Evil exists. It is obvious. You are so dumb to say that it does not. I guess rape and murder are not evil. End satire.

I didn't say evil does not exist, my opinion is irrelevant. I am only asking you on what basis do you believe that evil exists? Rape and murder can be easily justified like the Nazis justified their actions. It is their opinion, and you opinion is that rape and murder is wrong.
To prove that your opinion is objectively correct, you must present an argument on why good and evil exists. What makes something good or evil?
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 11:25:14 AM
At 9/4/2013 9:12:46 AM, Sitara wrote:
He does not reward good and punish bad. It is quite the opposite. Evil people get away with murder while good people suffer. I hate God right now. I wonder if the a s s hole even exists.

And this coming from someone who's colleagues complain about eternal punishment...
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 12:56:32 PM
At 9/4/2013 11:25:14 AM, justin.graves wrote:

And this coming from someone who's colleagues complain about eternal punishment...
Read my words: I have had enough of this miserable life. I do not care what my alleged cllegues think.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 12:57:56 PM
At 9/4/2013 10:59:15 AM, Dragonfang wrote:
At 9/4/2013 10:53:14 AM, Sitara wrote:

I didn't say evil does not exist, my opinion is irrelevant. I am only asking you on what basis do you believe that evil exists? Rape and murder can be easily justified like the Nazis justified their actions. It is their opinion, and you opinion is that rape and murder is wrong.
To prove that your opinion is objectively correct, you must present an argument on why good and evil exists. What makes something good or evil?

Rape and murder are proof of evil, Jesus Christ, how dense can you get. Take your religion and shove it, because I have had enough. I serve self now.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 2:44:26 PM

Life is only a breathe in the wind, compared to eternity. All who die in sin, will go into fire. All who are righteous will go to Heaven. Do not concern yourself with the justice and injustice of this world, but rather that which is to come.

God does exist.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 2:47:55 PM
At 9/4/2013 9:38:19 AM, Sitara wrote:

Don't give me that crap. I have every right to question God for the evil that he forced on me. He is no different than a rapist.

He gave you breath, and came in the form of a man to die as sacrifice that you may go into heaven with him if you just believe and sin not.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
1Devilsadvocate
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 2:56:27 PM
Emotion vs. logic/reason.
I cannot write in English, because of the treacherous spelling. When I am reading, I only hear it and am unable to remember what the written word looks like."
"Albert Einstein

http://www.twainquotes.com... , http://thewritecorner.wordpress.com... , http://www.onlinecollegecourses.com...
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 3:38:15 PM
At 9/4/2013 2:47:55 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

He gave you breath, and came in the form of a man to die as sacrifice that you may go into heaven with him if you just believe and sin not.
I did the whole Christian thing and got nothing.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 3:39:16 PM
At 9/4/2013 2:56:27 PM, 1Devilsadvocate wrote:
Emotion vs. logic/reason.

Logic is having the nerve to question what is.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 3:42:53 PM
At 9/4/2013 3:38:15 PM, Sitara wrote:

Did you read the Holy Scriptures every day and pray constantly from day to day?

Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 3:44:14 PM
At 9/4/2013 3:42:53 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

I try to.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 3:48:04 PM
At 9/4/2013 3:44:14 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 9/4/2013 3:42:53 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

I try to.

The Bible says without faith it is impossible to please God, and that faith without works is dead. You must pray, you must study the scriptures, and as you do so your faith will increase.

xXCryptoXx
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 3:58:11 PM

I'm sigging this.
Nolite Timere
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 4:01:27 PM

If you're still conceiving of human behavior in "good and evil" then you're a lot more religiously-minded than you think.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 5:05:27 PM
Protip, guys: when someone is suffering immensely that time is not the best time to engage them in abstract theology and browbeat them with contrived theodicies and such. There's a reason why God disapproved of Jobs' friends and not of Job himself.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 5:07:11 PM

On the grounds of personal philosophy? Why does a god have to be the only grounding platform for morality?
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 5:08:31 PM

I think blaming an entity for bad tithings is just as foolish as mindlessly following the entity in the first place.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
Dragonfang
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/4/2013 5:11:47 PM
At 9/4/2013 5:07:11 PM, TUF wrote:

On the grounds of personal philosophy? Why does a god have to be the only grounding platform for morality?

Everyone have personal philosophies. The problem is: I never encountered any non-theistic logical grounds to call something objectively good or bad.