Jump to topic:

What religion does.

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 1:50:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I have another one to share. The church transmogrified him into a vampire.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 6:32:51 AM
At 9/5/2013 1:45:39 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Post stories about victims of religion.

What about the good it does to those who find and follow the right one?

There are about 8, million people throughout this earth who have benefited a lot from following the right one, and will benefit immeasurably in the future.

Also, what about the damage atheism does when take to too much of an extreme?

There are some one here who have been badly damaged by tier lack of belief bad faith, which has made them very bitter indeed.

I am sure Satan is very pleased with your work.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 6:55:11 AM
At 9/5/2013 6:32:51 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

There is no "right" one. They are each outdated, but somewhat useful systems of personal development, coping mechanisms, and excuses for community get-togethers. From my trips into various religious ceremonies, the more orthodox it is the less useful it is for humanity. If it keeps you from using drugs or whatever anti-social thing you do, keep at it.

There are about 8, million people throughout this earth who have benefited a lot from following the right one, and will benefit immeasurably in the future.

1. Did you ever take a math class?
2. Why did you put a comma after 8?
3. Find me some cross-sectional studies that show benefits of your cult compared to others, and then we'll talk, homebody.

Sometimes I don't believe in god so hard that I don't believe in god. #MindFreak
Next up: How much damage will reasonableness cause when taken to the extreme?

There are some one here who have been badly damaged by tier lack of belief bad faith, which has made them very bitter indeed.

I have been badly damaged by your grammar, spelling, and incoherence. It has raped my soul.

Satan is the most pathetic character in all of fiction. All you have to do is hold a crucifix up and he freaks out. You can just chill on your couch watching netflix, hold the cross up, and you're good. You don't have to throw it at him or anything. Just hold it. Or get some holy water and he dissolves into the fires of hell for another 1000 years. You're good, homie. Just chill.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 7:25:15 AM
At 9/5/2013 6:55:11 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

There is no "right" one. They are each outdated, but somewhat useful systems of personal development, coping mechanisms, and excuses for community get-togethers. From my trips into various religious ceremonies, the more orthodox it is the less useful it is for humanity. If it keeps you from using drugs or whatever anti-social thing you do, keep at it.

Oh there most definitely is a right one, and it is far from outdated.

3. Find me some cross-sectional studies that show benefits of your cult compared to others, and then we'll talk, homebody.

1: Well I took Maths in school but didn't even attempt to get any qualifications.
2: Good question I was originally going to do it numerically and changed my mind in mod type, the comma got left in.
3: The bible is what tells us that. Whilst I am not currently a member, they are the only ones I have found after years of searching, on and off, that agree 100% with what the bible teaches without having to twist or re-interpret anything.

The point being that the bible has proven accurate and reliable, at least in everything which has so far been proved, and it is the only holy book which does. It is also the only book I have ever studied which is completely capable of interpreting itself, with sufficient study anyway.

Sometimes I don't believe in god so hard that I don't believe in god. #MindFreak

But is Atheism realistic in face of the mounting evidence for an intelligent designer? The deeper microbiology delves into the structures of life, the more design becomes necessary to explain it.

I have been badly damaged by your grammar, spelling, and incoherence. It has raped my soul.

My spelling isn't that bad, though my typing may well be, however it is English spelling not American, my grammar likewise, and I did go to a Grammar School, lol, for what that was worth.

Satan is the most pathetic character in all of fiction. All you have to do is hold a crucifix up and he freaks out. You can just chill on your couch watching netflix, hold the cross up, and you're good. You don't have to throw it at him or anything. Just hold it. Or get some holy water and he dissolves into the fires of hell for another 1000 years. You're good, homie. Just chill.

No Satan is far from pathetic, though he certainly is happy for people to believe the fiction farces about him. The more pathetic he appears to people the easier he can influence their minds, like he is, whether or not you realise it, influencing yours.

Never underestimate the power of Satan, he is far more powerful than any human, fortunately for us, God is much more powerful still.

Why would I want to watch Netflix? as this world deteriorates so does the entertainment world. PT Barnum once said "No-one ever went broke under-estimating the public" and he is right. That is why TV is getting ever lower standard so that there is an ever reducing amount I can enjoy watching. I am almost completely restricted to documentaries and science programs now.

I have watched so called entertainment deteriorate over the decades, with a great deal of sadness, and with it morality has deteriorated also.

The world of entertainment is reverting more and more to the "Roman Circus", the primitive and barbaric.
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 1:20:28 PM

Aaaannnnddd.... you took the frickin' bait...
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 1:42:10 PM
At 9/5/2013 1:20:28 PM, justin.graves wrote:

There are some one here who have been badly damaged by their lack of belief and faith, which has made them very bitter indeed.

Aaaannnnddd.... you took the frickin' bait...

Of course, did anyone doubt that I would? It's my "job" my role in life.
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 5:41:07 PM
Allow me to post my own god damn story: I was a faithful servant for 16 god damn years and god still punked me. My life is nothing, I am nothing, god is the ultimate rapist. You know who killed my faith? God and Christians, especially the conservatives. I hate them so much.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 5:59:58 PM
At 9/5/2013 5:41:07 PM, Sitara wrote:
Allow me to post my own god damn story: I was a faithful servant for 16 god damn years and god still punked me. My life is nothing, I am nothing, god is the ultimate rapist. You know who killed my faith? God and Christians, especially the conservatives. I hate them so much.

Ur just 16? Ahhhhh, that explains a lot
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 6:15:52 PM
At 9/5/2013 5:59:58 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

I am 32. I became a Christian when I was 16. Way to ASSume.
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 6:29:47 PM
At 9/5/2013 6:15:52 PM, Sitara wrote:

The "for 16 years" implied it, no reason to be insulting.

By the way, out of curiosity, how did God punk you?
What caused you to not only hate these people, but be so angry enough that you feel it necessary to direct that anger at those who had naught to do with it?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 6:34:38 PM

hey venting you anger like that makes you know better than them
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
Atrag
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 7:08:01 PM

LOL! A few months ago you were Jewish.......!!!!
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 7:39:14 PM
At 9/5/2013 7:08:01 PM, Atrag wrote:

LOL! A few months ago you were Jewish.......!!!!

I thought I was, but I did not keep the Torah, so I was wrong. Como estas, Papi? ;)
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 8:51:23 PM
I just don't know how you make these posts to be honest. They're just so dumb. All religion is man-made, dude. #Mindfreak
vbaculum
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 11:22:17 PM
At 9/5/2013 6:55:11 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

LMFAO. This is one of the best posts I've read in a long while.
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 11:50:12 PM
MCB: "There are about 8, million people throughout this earth who have benefited a lot from following the right one, and will benefit immeasurably in the future."

I hope these current eight million benefit more now than the have in the past. In the past, they spent more time apologizing for stupidity then in preaching the gospel.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2013 12:34:56 AM
At 9/5/2013 11:57:02 PM, Disquisition wrote:
Your taking one isolated event to generalize what religion does. ok??

Your joke detector is damaged. You should look into having some maintenance performed.
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/6/2013 12:53:33 AM
At 9/6/2013 12:34:56 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/5/2013 11:57:02 PM, Disquisition wrote:
Your taking one isolated event to generalize what religion does. ok??

Your joke detector is damaged. You should look into having some maintenance performed.

I thought this forum was for serious discussion on religious matters/sarcasm. :)