Jump to topic:

Christians that don't believe in God

Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 12:57:14 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I've talked to a couple people that say they are Christians, but they don't really believe in God or magic and stuff, they are like "I'm just like you man, but I was raised Christian and I'm Christian". That is so stupid to me. It seems that many view Christianity as more of a tradition than an actual belief in the supernatural, which is simply not the case. Are these particular people just messed up, or is it common for people to call themselves Christians, when they really don't care or even think about the supernatural at all, and even doubt it themselves?
justin.graves
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/5/2013 1:13:22 PM
At 9/5/2013 12:57:14 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
I've talked to a couple people that say they are Christians, but they don't really believe in God or magic and stuff, they are like "I'm just like you man, but I was raised Christian and I'm Christian". That is so stupid to me. It seems that many view Christianity as more of a tradition than an actual belief in the supernatural, which is simply not the case. Are these particular people just messed up, or is it common for people to call themselves Christians, when they really don't care or even think about the supernatural at all, and even doubt it themselves?

I live in the South, was Baptist style Christianity is sometimes just a way of life. The "Good Book" is used as a guide to keep their culture going.
-Justin K. Graves, Demon Hunter
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 9:17:14 AM
"Christians that don't believe in God" . . . . no such thing

regardless of what one claims

if any man comes to God .. he must believe that he is and that he is the rewarder of those who diligently seek him

"Christians that don't believe in God" ??

this sounds to me to be the doctrine of the harlot .. Revelation 17 .. no surprizes here
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 12:43:35 PM

Some people don't even know they are born let alone consider if God exist or what type of faith they belong to. I was speaking to a friend the other day who believes in God but when I defined the term atheism to him as a lack of belief in God he said to me I think I am an atheist because at times I am like that, sometimes I believe God exists and sometimes I don't.
dadman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/13/2013 2:05:10 PM
sometimes I believe God exists and sometimes I don't .

I really believe that an actual Christian not only believes in God but also his son Jesus whom God has sent and has received him as the Lord and God of his/her life . . . . now the Harlot on the otherhand (who claims to be the Bride) .. she is a little twisted - Revelation 17 .. all false belief coming home to mama
And he (God) gave some apostles .. and some prophets .. and some evangelists .. and some teaching pastors .. for the perfecting of the saints .. for the work of the ministry .. for the edifying of the body of Christ .. till we all come in the unity of the faith .. and of the knowledge of the Son of God .. to a perfect (complete) man .. to the measure of the stature of the fullness of Christ . . . . Ephesians 4:12 .. http://dadmansabode.com... .. come and learn
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 10:36:19 PM

Even true believers call themselves Christians. I tell them to stop calling themselves Christians because Christians don't know who our Creator is. Only believers can hear the Truth while listening to our Creator speak to them through the gospel I preach to them.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 10:40:21 PM
At 11/13/2013 2:05:10 PM, dadman wrote:
sometimes I believe God exists and sometimes I don't .

I really believe that an actual Christian not only believes in God but also his son Jesus whom God has sent and has received him as the Lord and God of his/her life . . . . now the Harlot on the otherhand (who claims to be the Bride) .. she is a little twisted - Revelation 17 .. all false belief coming home to mama

The harlot is described in Daniel 2: 36-45 as the feet of iron and clay. Iron means the Vatican and the Roman Catholic Church. Clay represents the many denominations of the Protestant churches. All these religious people were deceived by the new testament that the Roman religious leaders used to control all the Christ-like churches that were built by antichrists who stole the written and spoken words of the true saints and prophets.

Every single Christian church has a false prophet standing behind a pulpit preaching lies to their congregations. This is called "buying and selling in the beast".
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/14/2013 10:42:11 PM

Then you should view Christianity has a social structure in society, meaning it is an institution that has endured in our culture. Most people claim Christianity for the social aspect of visiting a church on a weekly basis and could careless about the religious text. Sad but true.