Jump to topic:

One Last Post

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 6:58:13 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Everyone has this capacity for devotion within them. It seems a necessary part of life, in fact, that one devote themselves to something. And then what?

Well that's a good question, as it's very varied what people do devote themselves to. You hear, for example, people stating that 'God is hard work,' 'God is freedom,' etc., and these really are their gods.

Why bother, though; why not just let people to their own gods? Because these gods can be very damaging. Take 'God is freedom,' for example. These people generally rail against government, religion, etc., would tear down all such organizations in search of freedom, but with no thought whatsoever as to what comes after. They're terrorists, quite simply, without even knowing they are.

Or the 'God is hard work' bunch, then; what about them? Well how often have you heard of a person taking their own life upon losing their job? Such a crying shame, no? I certainly think so anyway and there you have your importance in considering these people's gods.

But what are we to do about it? Well the answer is obvious. We are to start a new adventure towards God, to steal a line from D.H. Lawrence. I mean, what were we all completely devoted to each other? Imagine what ills the world would suffer, then. Oh, you're coming up short? But it is wholly possible.

We are coming into an age, my friends, where we will have rendered ourselves obsolete as regards our own survival. Now that's a daunting consideration, is it not? And then would not greater community be something that would be very much needed upon entering such an age? Of course!

But how? And here enters common sense! For too long, my friends, have we been directly opposed to each other, giving no real thought to another person's way of life whatsoever, but to deny it. And this will hold us apart eternally, if we let it.

Consider now your conception. You were born into this world and you didn't have the first idea what was going on. It was God - of course it was! And everything since has been built upon that first notion - scornfully perhaps, but even so. And then perhaps the hypnotist - so skilled at conjuring forth from the darkness a person's past mindsets - might play an important role.

But is he even really necessary? I mean, were you to simply consider these things once more, were you to consider your conception, would that not bring about adequate recall? I think so. And then what were we to all start from there once more, only much wiser than before?

Just a thought. I've certainly seen some success in approaching a person's beliefs as such anyway.

God is Love, my friends.
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 8:05:37 AM
Although I think the problem is the structure of the statements: "God is ____", separating reality into a dualistic view, where 'You,' the individual, are the ever-imperfect agent, and 'God' is the imperative, which the agent must journey toward. Life, and reality, are not a journey, but an infinite amount of systems working as part of a singular whole. I think..
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 8:55:46 AM
At 9/8/2013 8:05:37 AM, sdavio wrote:
Although I think the problem is the structure of the statements: "God is ____", separating reality into a dualistic view, where 'You,' the individual, are the ever-imperfect agent, and 'God' is the imperative, which the agent must journey toward. Life, and reality, are not a journey, but an infinite amount of systems working as part of a singular whole. I think..

And you're completely committing yourself to this. Nice one, bro.

Bokononism - let the world burn.
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/8/2013 9:38:59 AM
At 9/8/2013 8:55:46 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/8/2013 8:05:37 AM, sdavio wrote:

And you're completely committing yourself to this. Nice one, bro.

Bokononism - let the world burn.

Is the world burning, though? Actually, being that God involves the entire universe; is all of reality 'burning'? I get that you think there is not enough love, but doesn't that (lack of love) stem in the first place from seeing the world in a way where it needs to be 'fixed'? ie, dualism: 'is' (peace) vs 'should be' (anger)..

I dunno about you but at the happiest points my life my conception of the world wasn't that it was burning..
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 6:02:12 PM
At 9/8/2013 6:58:13 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Everyone has this capacity for devotion within them. It seems a necessary part of life, in fact, that one devote themselves to something. And then what?

Well that's a good question, as it's very varied what people do devote themselves to. You hear, for example, people stating that 'God is hard work,' 'God is freedom,' etc., and these really are their gods.

Why bother, though; why not just let people to their own gods? Because these gods can be very damaging. Take 'God is freedom,' for example. These people generally rail against government, religion, etc., would tear down all such organizations in search of freedom, but with no thought whatsoever as to what comes after. They're terrorists, quite simply, without even knowing they are.

Or the 'God is hard work' bunch, then; what about them? Well how often have you heard of a person taking their own life upon losing their job? Such a crying shame, no? I certainly think so anyway and there you have your importance in considering these people's gods.

But what are we to do about it? Well the answer is obvious. We are to start a new adventure towards God, to steal a line from D.H. Lawrence. I mean, what were we all completely devoted to each other? Imagine what ills the world would suffer, then. Oh, you're coming up short? But it is wholly possible.

We are coming into an age, my friends, where we will have rendered ourselves obsolete as regards our own survival. Now that's a daunting consideration, is it not? And then would not greater community be something that would be very much needed upon entering such an age? Of course!

But how? And here enters common sense! For too long, my friends, have we been directly opposed to each other, giving no real thought to another person's way of life whatsoever, but to deny it. And this will hold us apart eternally, if we let it.

Consider now your conception. You were born into this world and you didn't have the first idea what was going on. It was God - of course it was! And everything since has been built upon that first notion - scornfully perhaps, but even so. And then perhaps the hypnotist - so skilled at conjuring forth from the darkness a person's past mindsets - might play an important role.

But is he even really necessary? I mean, were you to simply consider these things once more, were you to consider your conception, would that not bring about adequate recall? I think so. And then what were we to all start from there once more, only much wiser than before?

Just a thought. I've certainly seen some success in approaching a person's beliefs as such anyway.

God is Love, my friends.

Devoting ourselves to one another is at the heart of the doctrine of liberalism. What could go wrong there? If you love someone, you want the best for them. You create a government that ensures their safety. You are astounded to find out that not everyone wants their every decision to be made for them based on what others consider best. It's at the heart of what we call human nature. They rebel. You impose more stringent controls. They rebel. You round them up and exterminate the trouble makers for the good of society, or as one great humanitarian (Vulcanitarian?) put it, "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few." You institute curfews. You arm your police force and empower them to institute all laws.

I know. It could never happen. As the Beetles said, "All you need is love."

Whether you believe in biblical creation or evolution, the deciding factor is the same: Human Nature, inherent selfishness and lawlessness. While you're busy discussing the joys of the brotherhood of man, there's a bunch of fanatics out there arming themselves to blow up your government and institute their laws on your "corrupt" society.

Wouldn't this much rather fit in the philosophy forums?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2013 11:55:02 PM
At 9/8/2013 6:58:13 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:

God is Love, my friends.

The love of God isn't understood by man. At least not until His flesh has perished in this age. So don't worry about what you or anyone else is doing because God planned and created this age for His purpose only, not for man this time around.