Total Posts:29|Showing Posts:1-29
Jump to topic:

My blog-site.

Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2009 11:22:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
But might I add I'm not in the mood to debate the content right now.
And feel free to give me suggestions.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2009 11:31:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Thank you. I'm just posting right now to change my signature.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
comoncents
Posts: 5,647
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2009 11:37:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/18/2009 11:31:18 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
Thank you. I'm just posting right now to change my signature.

"I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus."

Unorthodox but I like it.
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 1:05:23 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/18/2009 11:58:32 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
It should read: "my plea to a dysfunctional world." Currently you have "plead." Kind of a bad start for a blog about reason. ;)

Dictionary definition of plead:

1. To appeal earnestly; beg: plead for more time.
2. To offer reasons for or against something; argue earnestly: plead against a bill.
3. To provide an argument or appeal: Your youth pleads for you in this instance.

And plea is described as the same exact thing, they both work.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
TheSkeptic
Posts: 1,362
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 1:27:52 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 1:05:23 AM, Freedomaniac wrote:
At 12/18/2009 11:58:32 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
It should read: "my plea to a dysfunctional world." Currently you have "plead." Kind of a bad start for a blog about reason. ;)

Dictionary definition of plead:

1. To appeal earnestly; beg: plead for more time.
2. To offer reasons for or against something; argue earnestly: plead against a bill.
3. To provide an argument or appeal: Your youth pleads for you in this instance.

And plea is described as the same exact thing, they both work.

Those all seem to show "plead" as a verb, rather than a noun.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 8:12:11 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
Freedom, would you be interested in doing a joint blog venture with me? I've always wanted to do one, and you seem to be a very good blogger.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
I-am-a-panda
Posts: 15,380
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 8:26:24 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 4:45:23 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I visited the blog. It is win. I even left a comment!

You're catching on.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 11:00:08 AM
Posted: 6 years ago
It's cool but you seem a bit too obsessed with preaching atheism, but hey thats your bag.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 2:54:29 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Really? You post a link to such a controversial subject but you're not willing to defend your views here?

(-_-;)
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
omelet
Posts: 416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 4:27:49 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I read the most recent post, and I saw many problems.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...

I'll use (A,B) to refer to the Bth sentence of the Ath paragraph.

> "Rain" where "reign" was the correct word (1,1)
> Comma outside of quotation mark instead of within (1,1)
> "Precede" where "proceed" was the correct word (1,1)
> "Doubt is humble, but without it it has people think [. . .]" - there's nothing to which the second "it" refers. (1,2)
> "Their" where "there" was the correct word (1,3)
> First person "we" referring to the same people as the third person "their" (1,4)
> Capitalizing a word for no reason (2,1)
> Not including the apostrophe in the possessive "religions" (2,1)
> "forbid you ever think for yourself" instead of "forbidding you from ever thinking for yourself" (2,1)
> Punctuation outside of quote (2,2)
> Using a comma where a period is needed. (2,2 at the end of the quote)
> Using "commonly used" as an adjective without using a dash (2,2)
> Non-word "show-case" (2,2)
> Use of "we" and "your" referring to the same people (2,3)
> Using actually as an adjective (2,3)

It's sad when there are this many errors (probably more that I missed) in two paragraphs. It would be acceptable for some random forum post, but it's not something I expect from the author of a blog.

I don't know if all your posts are so error-ridden, OP, but you should either abandon your blog or become more familiar with the English language. You're by no means at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to English proficiency, but you're not good enough to be writing in any sort of semi-professional sense, at least not without putting in a lot more effort.
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 5:39:40 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 1:27:52 AM, TheSkeptic wrote:
At 12/19/2009 1:05:23 AM, Freedomaniac wrote:
At 12/18/2009 11:58:32 PM, InquireTruth wrote:
It should read: "my plea to a dysfunctional world." Currently you have "plead." Kind of a bad start for a blog about reason. ;)

Dictionary definition of plead:

1. To appeal earnestly; beg: plead for more time.
2. To offer reasons for or against something; argue earnestly: plead against a bill.
3. To provide an argument or appeal: Your youth pleads for you in this instance.

And plea is described as the same exact thing, they both work.

Those all seem to show "plead" as a verb, rather than a noun.

Your right, I actually realized that after I posted. I changed it.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 5:40:10 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 4:45:23 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
I visited the blog. It is win. I even left a comment!

Thank you! That's very much appreciated.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 5:40:58 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 8:12:11 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
Freedom, would you be interested in doing a joint blog venture with me? I've always wanted to do one, and you seem to be a very good blogger.

Sure, that's sound great, and thank you. So how do you want to do it?
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 5:41:04 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 5:39:40 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:

Your right, I actually realized that after I posted. I changed it.

Amusing, considering the immediate prior post. ^^
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 5:41:37 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 5:41:04 PM, Puck wrote:
At 12/19/2009 5:39:40 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:

Your right, I actually realized that after I posted. I changed it.

Amusing, considering the immediate prior post. ^^

Make that above +1.
Puck
Posts: 6,457
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 5:42:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 5:41:37 PM, Puck wrote:
At 12/19/2009 5:41:04 PM, Puck wrote:
At 12/19/2009 5:39:40 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:

Your right, I actually realized that after I posted. I changed it.

Amusing, considering the immediate prior post. ^^

Make that above +1.

Stop posting. >.< +2
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 5:43:08 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 10:54:57 AM, InquireTruth wrote:
And plea is described as the same exact thing, they both work.

I guess if there is no longer a difference between verbs and nouns.

Yes, yes, I realized that later. Sorry. English class is the only thing I don't get A's on. I hate the English language so much. But thanks for pointing out my mistake. If you see anything else like that please tell me.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 5:44:45 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 11:00:08 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
It's cool but you seem a bit too obsessed with preaching atheism, but hey thats your bag.

No, actually I'm going to be focusing a lot more on just morals and plain intellectualism.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 5:45:54 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 2:54:29 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
Really? You post a link to such a controversial subject but you're not willing to defend your views here?

(-_-;)

No, just not then. It would actually be appreciated if you posted your arguments on my site.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
Reasoning
Posts: 4,456
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 5:46:51 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I enjoyed it.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 6:07:16 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 4:27:49 PM, omelet wrote:
I read the most recent post, and I saw many problems.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...

I'll use (A,B) to refer to the Bth sentence of the Ath paragraph.

> "Rain" where "reign" was the correct word (1,1)
> Comma outside of quotation mark instead of within (1,1)
Really? It doesn't look right when I change it.
> "Precede" where "proceed" was the correct word (1,1)
> "Doubt is humble, but without it it has people think [. . .]" - there's nothing to which the second "it" refers. (1,2)
There, I replaced it with "faith".
> "Their" where "there" was the correct word (1,3)
> First person "we" referring to the same people as the third person "their" (1,4)
> Capitalizing a word for no reason (2,1)
Aw, I have a habit of doing that with "it".
> Not including the apostrophe in the possessive "religions" (2,1)
> "forbid you ever think for yourself" instead of "forbidding you from ever thinking for yourself" (2,1)
No, that actually changes the meaning. It's hard to transfer sarcasm over words, I guess.
> Punctuation outside of quote (2,2)
I just don't get that.
> Using a comma where a period is needed. (2,2 at the end of the quote)
> Using "commonly used" as an adjective without using a dash (2,2)
> Non-word "show-case" (2,2)
What do you mean it's not a word??
> Use of "we" and "your" referring to the same people (2,3)
> Using actually as an adjective (2,3)

It's sad when there are this many errors (probably more that I missed) in two paragraphs. It would be acceptable for some random forum post, but it's not something I expect from the author of a blog.

I don't know if all your posts are so error-ridden, OP, but you should either abandon your blog or become more familiar with the English language. You're by no means at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to English proficiency, but you're not good enough to be writing in any sort of semi-professional sense, at least not without putting in a lot more effort.

Well getting the message across is what is important to me. I'm shocked you would tell me to trash it. What are you, a teacher? Anyway, it actually is appreciated, thank you.
I hate the English language!
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
Freedomaniac
Posts: 365
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 6:13:50 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 5:46:51 PM, Reasoning wrote:
I enjoyed it.

Glad to hear.
I am a moosepotomus, here me quack! *Grr, ruff, moo*

I am my own God and the free market is my Jesus.

http://freedomaniac.wordpress.com...
omelet
Posts: 416
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2009 8:01:26 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
At 12/19/2009 6:07:16 PM, Freedomaniac wrote:
At 12/19/2009 4:27:49 PM, omelet wrote:
> Comma outside of quotation mark instead of within (1,1)
Really? It doesn't look right when I change it.
Yeah, that's how we do it in America, for whatever reason. Back in the UK, they do it the other way. I'll sometimes do it the UK way by preference, actually. I just thought having another mistake to point out would add to my "argument."

> "forbid you ever think for yourself" instead of "forbidding you from ever thinking for yourself" (2,1)
No, that actually changes the meaning. It's hard to transfer sarcasm over words, I guess.
Yeah, I thought that might have been how you meant it, but then you'd need a noun before it. Only ways I've ever heard the phrase are "God forbid" and "heaven forbid."

> Using a comma where a period is needed. (2,2 at the end of the quote)
> Using "commonly used" as an adjective without using a dash (2,2)
> Non-word "show-case" (2,2)
What do you mean it's not a word??
Showcase is a word. But it's not a hyphenated word. And I usually see it in its verb state rather than as a noun, though I suppose it's also a noun for a thing that showcases something.

> Use of "we" and "your" referring to the same people (2,3)
> Using actually as an adjective (2,3)

It's sad when there are this many errors (probably more that I missed) in two paragraphs. It would be acceptable for some random forum post, but it's not something I expect from the author of a blog.

I don't know if all your posts are so error-ridden, OP, but you should either abandon your blog or become more familiar with the English language. You're by no means at the bottom of the barrel when it comes to English proficiency, but you're not good enough to be writing in any sort of semi-professional sense, at least not without putting in a lot more effort.

Well getting the message across is what is important to me. I'm shocked you would tell me to trash it. What are you, a teacher? Anyway, it actually is appreciated, thank you.
I hate the English language!
Sorry if I came off a bit dismissive. This site usually puts me into "tell everyone why they're wrong" mode.

But to be fair, I did say you should scrap it OR put a bit more effort into grammar. Though that's still a bit strong. I just notice mistakes a lot, and generally take people less seriously the more mistakes they make.

To be honest, it's not bad how it is, it could just be better.

Nice to see how accepting of criticism you are. Rare to see that, especially 'round here.

Cheers.