Jump to topic:

Man Dies and God Saves Him

Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 9:31:24 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
This video basically talks about an unsaved man who literally dies and comes back to life.
Please Watch full video not long

Do you agree with him?

Do you think is he delusion or lying (I don't think he is) ?

Will this video cause you to reconsider?

Our time is short and all I want to do is inform you all, so that you can make an informed decision.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 9:59:05 PM
Two things bother me about his story. First he says that he is not aware of any concept of time when he is in the spiritual realm, yet also says that he is aware of eternity. I may be nitpicking but eternity is a concept of time.

Secondly, he says that he saw and was in the presence of God. The Bible says that no man can see the face of God and live. I'm really not sure what to make of that problem.

I don't necessarily discount what he's saying but some claims of NDE's seem to have internal inconsistencies.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2013 10:31:50 PM
At 9/12/2013 9:59:05 PM, medic0506 wrote:
Two things bother me about his story. First he says that he is not aware of any concept of time when he is in the spiritual realm, yet also says that he is aware of eternity. I may be nitpicking but eternity is a concept of time.

Secondly, he says that he saw and was in the presence of God. The Bible says that no man can see the face of God and live. I'm really not sure what to make of that problem.

Exodus 33:11a "The Lord would speak to Moses face to face..."
Exodus 33:20 "But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

Always been one thing I've found interesting.

I don't necessarily discount what he's saying but some claims of NDE's seem to have internal inconsistencies.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 2:41:01 AM
At 9/12/2013 10:31:50 PM, stubs wrote:

This may just be a way to say with none in between them, directly, without mediator.

Exodus 33:20 "But," he said, "you cannot see my face, for no one may see me and live."

Even this should be none can see Me while alive. It seems more like a translation problem.

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 5:58:39 AM
At 9/12/2013 9:31:24 PM, Disquisition wrote:
This video basically talks about an unsaved man who literally dies and comes back to life.

Do you agree with him?

Our time is short and all I want to do is inform you all, so that you can make an informed decision.

What makes you think God saved him? It is unlikely in the extreme.
Floid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 6:35:25 AM
Do you agree with him?

He had an experience while unconscious, suffering from an extremely high temperature, and on liberal doses of pain medication. The most likely explanation is that he is delusional.

His experience is the result of a very common phenomenon: the mind can make things up that aren't real. Depending on the context we call these things dreams or hallucinations. If someone said "I fell asleep last night and entered the spiritual realm ..." would you believe what they were saying was real? No, they had a dream.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 9:25:09 AM
At 9/13/2013 6:35:25 AM, Floid wrote:
Do you agree with him?

He had an experience while unconscious, suffering from an extremely high temperature, and on liberal doses of pain medication. The most likely explanation is that he is delusional.

His experience is the result of a very common phenomenon: the mind can make things up that aren't real. Depending on the context we call these things dreams or hallucinations. If someone said "I fell asleep last night and entered the spiritual realm ..." would you believe what they were saying was real? No, they had a dream.
Sounds very much like Saul/Paul...............oh well.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 9:44:20 AM
Do you agree with him?

He had an experience while unconscious, suffering from an extremely high temperature,

In actuality, severe burn patients are more likely suffering from hypothermia.

and on liberal doses of pain medication. The most likely explanation is that he is delusional.

It's hard to make a credible argument that one is delusional when they aren't even conscious. At best it's just an unsupportable assertion.

Can you support, with any evidence, the claim that he was merely dreaming, or that his mind was making up things that aren't real?? I don't think you have any evidence for that claim, thus are just reflecting what you think is happening.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 10:04:49 AM
At 9/13/2013 9:44:20 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Do you agree with him?

He had an experience while unconscious, suffering from an extremely high temperature,

and on liberal doses of pain medication. The most likely explanation is that he is delusional.

It's hard to make a credible argument that one is delusional when they aren't even conscious. At best it's just an unsupportable assertion.

Can you support, with any evidence, the claim that he was merely dreaming, or that his mind was making up things that aren't real?? I don't think you have any evidence for that claim, thus are just reflecting what you think is happening.

From the greatest source YOU know. It happened to Saul/Paul. Happy now.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 10:59:50 AM
At 9/13/2013 10:04:49 AM, bulproof wrote:
Do you agree with him?

What happened to Paul, and can you show that the same thing happened in this guy's case, or are you just spewing out unsupported assertions as you so often do??
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 11:29:01 AM
At 9/13/2013 10:59:50 AM, medic0506 wrote:
Do you agree with him?

What happened to Paul, and can you show that the same thing happened in this guy's case, or are you just spewing out unsupported assertions as you so often do??

Oh don't get me wrong hateful and bigotted homophobe. I have as much authority as your bible does in declaring saul/paul having a hallucination exactly the same as the subject under discussion. You see your bible was written by superstitious bronze age barbarians, much like the witch burners 1500yrs later.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 11:52:49 AM

This kind of puts God's omnipotence in question....
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 12:58:48 PM
At 9/13/2013 11:52:49 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Only in the minds of those that don't know what's going on and why.

To those of us who know what is happening and why, it is understandable, regrettable yes, but understandable and soon to be finished with.

However we also know that, odd as it sounds until you do know, morally God had no choice.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 1:04:24 PM

Do you agree with him?

God already decided to save ALL His people ( Israel ) before any visible world appeared. ALL God's people ( Israel, the flesh of man and Judah, the flesh called saints ) will awaken in the next age with a new covenant. Here's what God planned and created before man was given a flesh to experience life with.

Jeremiah 31
31: "Behold, the days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah,
32: not like the covenant which I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt, my covenant which they broke, though I was their husband, says the LORD.
33: But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD: I will put my law within them, and I will write it upon their hearts; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
34: And no longer shall each man teach his neighbor and each his brother, saying, `Know the LORD,' for they shall all know me, from the least of them to the greatest, says the LORD; for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more."
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 1:11:29 PM
At 9/13/2013 11:29:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
Do you agree with him?

Oh don't get me wrong hateful and bigotted homophobe. I have as much authority as your bible does in declaring saul/paul having a hallucination exactly the same as the subject under discussion. You see your bible was written by superstitious bronze age barbarians, much like the witch burners 1500yrs later.

The only authority on such things comes from God's word. Paul was not hallucinating, unfortunately for him it wasn't even a vision, it was painfully real.

That's what it took to stop him in his tracks.

Do you actually know what a homophobic is? because you misuse the term freely.

A Homophobic isn't just someone who dislike homosexuality for whatever reason, it is someone who actually fears it, has a phobia about it. It's all too easy for bigots like you to bandy such words about so freely, but by doing so you make them totally meaningless.

In your book God is a Homophobic, and since he created us he has the right to set our limits, to decide what really is either good or bad for humanity as a whole, and also to remove permanently those who refuse to accept that.

Homoseexuality, is unarguably unnatural because it dies nto fit into the natural purposes of sex. The fact that animals do it just means an excess of testosterone and a lack ability to control it. Humans were designed to be better than that. They were given greater levels of control over their own bodies.

If some wish to lower themselves to the level of animals, for their own selfish gratification that is their choice, but they cannot expect their creator to condone it, nor to allow it to go on forever, it was never in his plan.

Whatever anyone thinks, there is no real argument. Any argument is truly futile. God says it and he has the right to say it. Not only that he has the right to enforce it when the time comes.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 1:13:43 PM
Do you agree with him?

What happened to Paul bears no relation to what happened to this man, and is certainly not connected with God in any way.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 1:15:32 PM
At 9/13/2013 1:11:29 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/13/2013 11:29:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
Do you agree with him?

The only authority on such things comes from God's word. Paul was not hallucinating, unfortunately for him it wasn't even a vision, it was painfully real.

That's what it took to stop him in his tracks.

Do you actually know what a homophobic is? because you misuse the term freely.

A Homophobic isn't just someone who dislike homosexuality for whatever reason, it is someone who actually fears it, has a phobia about it. It's all too easy for bigots like you to bandy such words about so freely, but by doing so you make them totally meaningless.

In your book God is a Homophobic, and since he created us he has the right to set our limits, to decide what really is either good or bad for humanity as a whole, and also to remove permanently those who refuse to accept that.

Homoseexuality, is unarguably unnatural because it dies nto fit into the natural purposes of sex. The fact that animals do it just means an excess of testosterone and a lack ability to control it. Humans were designed to be better than that. They were given greater levels of control over their own bodies.

If some wish to lower themselves to the level of animals, for their own selfish gratification that is their choice, but they cannot expect their creator to condone it, nor to allow it to go on forever, it was never in his plan.

Whatever anyone thinks, there is no real argument. Any argument is truly futile. God says it and he has the right to say it. Not only that he has the right to enforce it when the time comes.

The flesh of man is unnatural and the reason God is destroying them all during this age.

You have no knowledge of God to understand the difference between created man and the illusions of flesh that appear in the visible world.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 1:19:13 PM
Do you agree with him?

There is much evidence that it is either hallucination or similar, but it is all anecdotal, and the medical and psychiatric professions are divided on the subject.

The real answers to this can only be found in scripture I believe.
Polaris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 1:24:43 PM

Do you agree with him?

I do think he experienced something, something which he tried to make sense of within his own cultural context.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 2:15:30 PM
At 9/13/2013 1:19:13 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you agree with him?

There is much evidence that it is either hallucination or similar, but it is all anecdotal, and the medical and psychiatric professions are divided on the subject.

The real answers to this can only be found in scripture I believe.

I agree that is the best place to look, but others obviously don't find it very convincing.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 2:18:15 PM

I don't see it that way. God can do whatever He wants, but He is going to be consistent with His word.
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 2:27:09 PM
At 9/13/2013 1:13:43 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Do you agree with him?

What happened to Paul bears no relation to what happened to this man, and is certainly not connected with God in any way.

Exactly, that's why I wanted him to show how he connects the two as being the same thing.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 3:08:41 PM

Do you agree with him?

I watched this video but I didn't need to. I have many friends who have died in the flesh and witnessed an out of body experience since I've been preaching the gospel here in Campbell. CA. Everyone of them have had different stories of what they witnessed but they all had a common story and that was that we all keep living after our flesh dies.

What this man was saying has a mixture of Truth and delusions. What he was saying about no time in the spirit of God is a true testimony along with the fact there is no matter or dimensions. He gave many symbolic messages about light and darkness because he didn't witness the next age yet. No one from this age has witnessed the next age because this age isn't completed yet. We're still under the Old Covenant in which has to be destroyed before God's creation awakens under the New Covenant that us saints have already witnessed and testify to.

The New Covenant that replaces the Old Covenant has no deception in it, which means we won't exist with the worldly knowledge of time, matter, dimensions, decay, destruction, accidents, disease, pestilence and death like we do in this age.

What he was saying about the darkness is also true but that's the darkness that existed before God created light energy to illuminate His created energy to give us the illusions of formed flesh and a defined world to experience our invisible life energy ( that makes us a living being, also known as the breath of life ) with.

I've heard many symbolic messages from my friends who've had this near death experience. I always tell them that I believe their stories because I understand the way God works within His mind ( which happens to be the mind we all exist in ). For now, though, all these experiences come with delusion until we all awaken in the new age that will NOT include any deception under this confined world we're living under now. This world restricts God's people into believing what this world contains and time is a major delusion within it since there is no time, space ( dimensions ) or matter in the thoughts of God within His mind.

I like hearing these kinds of stories because it confirms the knowledge of God that I possess today. Many of these stories has information in it that aligns perfectly with what I understand so I know that what we're all headed for is a very wonderful eternity of life experiences that we can't even comprehend today in this world.

What this man was saying about our senses and emotions working at a much greater level is exactly what I have witnessed within the knowledge of God. This video was very good and it should help anyone understand that life is going to be much different than what we know it as today. Death is only an illusion that deceives man so these stories help you understand that death isn't something that is real. We exist in the spirit of God forever and ever.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 4:35:02 PM

Do you mind taking the time to say why?
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 8:01:54 PM

He also says, quote " you just know that you know" in that state there is a knowing as in you just know! See what I'm getting at. His explanation on time was just to help us understand eternity and what he was going through.

Realize that he was in spirit that is not attached to his mortal body. Man is the summation of soul, body and spirit. So technically he wasn't in the flesh, but that's my best guess.

I don't really think of them as inconsistencies unless they are just completely outrageous. There is more to heaven than just what the bible says, not discounting what it says.
Dan4reason
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 8:12:19 PM

Do you agree with him?

I have heard about these stories. They are most likely delusions because we know that if the brain is traumatized in the right way, we will start seeing delusions. Also, we find Near Death Experiences from Muslims, Buddhists, and Jews who see their own versions of heaven. Also many people will often describe Jesus with different traits.

They will describe Jesus with different heights, hair colors, eye colors, and skin colors. Often their descriptions of Jesus are just too similar to the popular culture descriptions of him to be taken seriously.

And, as mentioned before, the bible says that you cannot look upon the face of God.
stubs
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 8:55:11 PM
At 9/13/2013 2:18:15 PM, medic0506 wrote:

I don't see it that way. God can do whatever He wants, but He is going to be consistent with His word.

So how do you explain that apparent inconsistency in the text that I pointed out? And to be clear I don't believe it is a contradiction. I actually wrote a 16 page paper last semester on that passage haha, but I was just wondering how you explain it
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2013 9:58:57 PM
At 9/13/2013 1:24:43 PM, Polaris wrote:
I do think he experienced something, something which he tried to make sense of within his own cultural context.

What do you mean by cultural context?
medic0506
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2013 5:06:47 AM
At 9/13/2013 8:55:11 PM, stubs wrote:
At 9/13/2013 2:18:15 PM, medic0506 wrote:

So how do you explain that apparent inconsistency in the text that I pointed out? And to be clear I don't believe it is a contradiction. I actually wrote a 16 page paper last semester on that passage haha, but I was just wondering how you explain it

I think in 33:11 the "face-to-face" part is figurative language meant to convey the clarity and intimacy with which God addressed Moses. It's crystal clear, in the last 4 verses of that chapter, that God did not mean for Moses to literally "see His face". In fact, the passage tells what steps would be taken to assure that didn't happen.