Total Posts:153|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

If God Created The Universe Who Created God?

Disquisition
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.
pozessed
Posts: 1,034
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2013 9:57:49 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.

God had a creator himself, which had a creator as well.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2013 11:32:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Could the ultimate being Who has no beginning be started ?!

The universe had a start point, God doesn't! He isn't dependent of time, nor space.
AeneasPhebe
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2013 11:43:39 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God is eternal and that means no beginning nor end which answers your question. God had no beginning and will have no end. Therefore, God was not created. Is it that hard to imagine that we and our universe are just a simple marble to the vastness of God?
Disquisition
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2013 11:49:44 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I mean because if something created God then the thing which created him would have control over God and his actions. If something had control over what God did then nothing God said could be true since the thing that created him could one day say it isn't true anymore.

I know that in some cases the creator doesn't necessarily have control over what it creates. Although in this situation it would be safe to assume that something or someone who could create Gods would be able to control what his creation does.
bulproof
Posts: 25,260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 1:30:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/14/2013 11:43:39 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God is eternal and that means no beginning nor end which answers your question. God had no beginning and will have no end. Therefore, God was not created. Is it that hard to imagine that we and our universe are just a simple marble to the vastness of God?
Special pleading is circular reasoning. Just saying.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 3:30:08 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/14/2013 11:32:18 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Could the ultimate being Who has no beginning be started ?!

The universe had a start point, God doesn't! He isn't dependent of time, nor space.

How do you know?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 9:34:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 3:30:08 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/14/2013 11:32:18 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Could the ultimate being Who has no beginning be started ?!

The universe had a start point, God doesn't! He isn't dependent of time, nor space.

How do you know?

How don't you know ?!

God is eternal by definition in all Abrahamic religions, He has no beginning, no end, and doesn't depend on anything, and is the origin of allthat exists..In Islam there is even a scripture (an authentic hadeeth) literally saying : God is time! as time is what allows events to occur and things (like a universe ) to exist. so time is one of the attributes of God, therefore God doesn't depend on time.
bulproof
Posts: 25,260
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 9:38:01 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 9:34:54 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 9/15/2013 3:30:08 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/14/2013 11:32:18 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Could the ultimate being Who has no beginning be started ?!

The universe had a start point, God doesn't! He isn't dependent of time, nor space.

How do you know?

How don't you know ?!

God is eternal by definition in all Abrahamic religions, He has no beginning, no end, and doesn't depend on anything, and is the origin of allthat exists..In Islam there is even a scripture (an authentic hadeeth) literally saying : God is time! as time is what allows events to occur and things (like a universe ) to exist. so time is one of the attributes of God, therefore God doesn't depend on time.

So men say that god is eternal and men never lie so god must be eternal? Are you sure that you want to go with that?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:22:16 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.

I can just say the universe was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:29:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 10:22:16 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.

I can just say the universe was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else.

And you're very clever for that.
Dan4reason
Posts: 1,168
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:41:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/14/2013 11:49:44 PM, Disquisition wrote:
I mean because if something created God then the thing which created him would have control over God and his actions.

Why do you say that?

If something had control over what God did then nothing God said could be true since the thing that created him could one day say it isn't true anymore.

How does a more powerful being contradicting you mean that you are wrong?

I know that in some cases the creator doesn't necessarily have control over what it creates. Although in this situation it would be safe to assume that something or someone who could create Gods would be able to control what his creation does.

Not really. I am now sure that there is any way of controlling an omnipotent being. At the very most, God's creator is just as powerful as God.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:46:59 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 9:38:01 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/15/2013 9:34:54 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 9/15/2013 3:30:08 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 9/14/2013 11:32:18 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Could the ultimate being Who has no beginning be started ?!

The universe had a start point, God doesn't! He isn't dependent of time, nor space.

How do you know?

How don't you know ?!

God is eternal by definition in all Abrahamic religions, He has no beginning, no end, and doesn't depend on anything, and is the origin of allthat exists..In Islam there is even a scripture (an authentic hadeeth) literally saying : God is time! as time is what allows events to occur and things (like a universe ) to exist. so time is one of the attributes of God, therefore God doesn't depend on time.

So men say that god is eternal and men never lie so god must be eternal? Are you sure that you want to go with that?

No, maybe I misunderstood his question, but that happen to be what God have to be, for us to be!
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:47:57 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 10:22:16 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.

I can just say the universe was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else.

That's ridiculous for a human being to believe!
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:48:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 10:47:57 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:22:16 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.

I can just say the universe was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else.

That's ridiculous for a human being to believe!

No, the belief in God is what is ridiculous for any human to believe lol
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:49:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 10:47:57 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:22:16 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.

I can just say the universe was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else.

That's ridiculous for a human being to believe!

Also, would you like to debate the Kalam again?
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:51:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 10:48:58 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:47:57 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:22:16 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.

I can just say the universe was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else.

That's ridiculous for a human being to believe!

No, the belief in God is what is ridiculous for any human to believe lol

Do you want us to debate on which is more ridiculous ? (one stretched eye brown!)
Mysterious_Stranger
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:52:14 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I shall speak from the perspective that there is a God. It would certainly be an entity that did not need an excuse for existence. It would have created the concept of existence, or would be the concept of existence itself . It would not need a concept of existence.
Turn around, go back.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:52:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 10:47:57 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:22:16 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.

I can just say the universe was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else.

That's ridiculous for a human being to believe!

I crushed you last time, so don't tell me my beliefs are ridiculous when you can't even defend your beliefs against me in a debate...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:54:12 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 10:51:55 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:48:58 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:47:57 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:22:16 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.

I can just say the universe was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else.

That's ridiculous for a human being to believe!

No, the belief in God is what is ridiculous for any human to believe lol

Do you want us to debate on which is more ridiculous ? (one stretched eye brown!)

One eye stretched brown? Haha that sounds kinky....
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:54:54 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 10:52:19 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:47:57 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:22:16 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.

I can just say the universe was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else.

That's ridiculous for a human being to believe!

I crushed you last time, so don't tell me my beliefs are ridiculous when you can't even defend your beliefs against me in a debate...

Don't tell me you're still celebrating that ?!
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:55:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 10:51:55 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:48:58 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:47:57 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:22:16 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:50:56 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 9/14/2013 9:47:44 PM, pozessed wrote:
Let's try not to be circular.

God was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else. What else could you say without being circular.

I can just say the universe was just there, in the beginning, not being created by anything else.

That's ridiculous for a human being to believe!

No, the belief in God is what is ridiculous for any human to believe lol

Do you want us to debate on which is more ridiculous ? (one stretched eye brown!)

Next time you think something is ridiculous, explain why. What you just did is commit the |Appeal to Ridicule fallacy lol
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 10:58:44 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
You've got to be the worst poster, RT. Agreed with Fruity by the way, and I'd make a dab hand at defending that belief, too. In fact I have, in my 'Atheism, A Personal Issue' threads, which you avoided because they didn't deal with your conventional retardation.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 11:00:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 10:58:44 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
You've got to be the worst poster, RT. Agreed with Fruity by the way, and I'd make a dab hand at defending that belief, too. In fact I have, in my 'Atheism, A Personal Issue' threads, which you avoided because they didn't deal with your conventional retardation.

You are known as a troll here, and the worst poster. So, nothing you say matters...
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 11:00:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 10:58:44 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
You've got to be the worst poster, RT. Agreed with Fruity by the way, and I'd make a dab hand at defending that belief, too. In fact I have, in my 'Atheism, A Personal Issue' threads, which you avoided because they didn't deal with your conventional retardation.

Also, I don't care about my "posts", this is a "debate" website....I do very well in debates.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 11:00:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 11:00:00 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:58:44 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
You've got to be the worst poster, RT. Agreed with Fruity by the way, and I'd make a dab hand at defending that belief, too. In fact I have, in my 'Atheism, A Personal Issue' threads, which you avoided because they didn't deal with your conventional retardation.

You are known as a troll here, and the worst poster. So, nothing you say matters...

Yeah, except I'm not. You carry on, though.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 11:01:26 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 11:00:52 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:58:44 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
You've got to be the worst poster, RT. Agreed with Fruity by the way, and I'd make a dab hand at defending that belief, too. In fact I have, in my 'Atheism, A Personal Issue' threads, which you avoided because they didn't deal with your conventional retardation.

Also, I don't care about my "posts", this is a "debate" website....I do very well in debates.

You're a joke.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2013 11:02:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/15/2013 11:00:55 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/15/2013 11:00:00 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/15/2013 10:58:44 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
You've got to be the worst poster, RT. Agreed with Fruity by the way, and I'd make a dab hand at defending that belief, too. In fact I have, in my 'Atheism, A Personal Issue' threads, which you avoided because they didn't deal with your conventional retardation.

You are known as a troll here, and the worst poster. So, nothing you say matters...

Yeah, except I'm not. You carry on, though.

You are not? That's funny, because everyone on this site seems to agree. I can pull up countless pages of people accusing you of troll, get the f*ck out of here with that sh*t.