Jump to topic:

Angels Instead of Vampires?

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 11:40:28 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
I believe in manichaen/gnostic cults that worship vampires as angels.

No wait... no I don't... I don't believe in either?

Do I still count as young though?
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2009 11:57:54 PM
With a "book" like Twilight corrupting today's youth of course they'll want to believe in Vampires. What Twilight fan wouldn't want their very only sparkling fairy who thirsts for their blood?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 12:04:54 AM
At 12/20/2009 11:57:54 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
With a "book" like Twilight corrupting today's youth of course they'll want to believe in Vampires. What Twilight fan wouldn't want their very only sparkling fairy who thirsts for their blood?

Isn't that called Mardi Gras?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 12:13:59 AM
At 12/20/2009 4:07:52 PM, dogparktom wrote:
Why don't you young folks believe in angels instead of vampires?
http://www.parade.com...

Ew, Anne Rice. >.<

The only reason she talks about angels now is she had a rapid conversion to some Christian cult a few years back. Makes her no better an author.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 7:50:41 AM
I feel the likelihood a savage pale human who likes to drink your blood is greater than a flying person who offers spiritual guidance and guards you from evil beings.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 8:29:12 AM
At 12/21/2009 7:50:41 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
I feel the likelihood a savage pale human who likes to drink your blood is greater than a flying person who offers spiritual guidance and guards you from evil beings.

Yes but a vampire is not just a human that drinks blood, but a life draining spirit and/or animate corpse
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 8:33:42 AM

I think more people believe in angels than vampires. I think you're just confused by the recent popularization of vampires. It was like when Zombies had a big run a couple of years back, but that didn't mean that people actually believed in zombies.

To bad about Angels and Vampires, though, because neither exists ;)
I could give a f about no haters as long as my ishes love me.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 8:36:31 AM
At 12/21/2009 12:13:59 AM, Puck wrote:

Ew, Anne Rice. >.<

The only reason she talks about angels now is she had a rapid conversion to some Christian cult a few years back. Makes her no better an author.

Did she seriously name the book "Angel Time?" What a crappy title. She use to write erotica before she wrote about vampires and witches (which really picked up her career). She should have stuck with them.
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 9:22:09 AM
Angels do in fact exist, 3 are called by name in the Bible: Michael, Gabriel, and Lucifer. The heavenly hosts are angels, as are the fallen angels, aka demons, the approximate third of angels that followed Lucifer. The Aprocrypha lists several others such as: Uriel, and Raphael.

I do not believe that there is any such thing as a "real" vampire. Vlad the Impaler, still a human being, may have been the closest thing to it.

Sanguinarians (sp) and other groups with similar notions pretend to be vampires. Even folks like Michele Belanger are not real vampires, they just copy similar vampire behaviors, according to legend.

Finally, there is quite a bit of ambiguity surrounding the characteristics of vampires. Some are affected by crosses, garlic, holy water, & moving water while others are not.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 9:24:17 AM
At 12/21/2009 9:22:09 AM, twsurber wrote:
Angels do in fact exist, 3 are called by name in the Bible: Michael, Gabriel, and Lucifer. The heavenly hosts are angels, as are the fallen angels, aka demons, the approximate third of angels that followed Lucifer. The Aprocrypha lists several others such as: Uriel, and Raphael.

I do not believe that there is any such thing as a "real" vampire. Vlad the Impaler, still a human being, may have been the closest thing to it.

Sanguinarians (sp) and other groups with similar notions pretend to be vampires. Even folks like Michele Belanger are not real vampires, they just copy similar vampire behaviors, according to legend.

Finally, there is quite a bit of ambiguity surrounding the characteristics of vampires. Some are affected by crosses, garlic, holy water, & moving water while others are not.

Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 9:27:07 AM
At 12/21/2009 9:24:17 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 9:29:11 AM
Angels do in fact exist, 3 are called by name in the Bible: Michael, Gabriel, and Lucifer.

Vampires do in fact exist, one is called by name in Dracula and many others are called by name in many other books and television programs, like Angel, and other examples are also called by name in the recent movies on the topic.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 9:54:14 AM
Vi veri you must have lots of courage to post over here your believe in angels..!
Any time any one is saying something from the bible they get bombed by all ethiests and muslims...!
Not only that try to just thank some one,or exhibit any kind of manners you really will get in truble..!
The only thing respected here is jihad and if you dare to blame jihad for 911 your evil..!
However you need to ridicule christianity for handing out bibles..!
Why do some like vampires instead of angels?
Why is it wrong to condemn iran along others following sharia law hanging kids who are gay.?
But its ok to condemn christianity for handing out food for poor if they give them bibles?
Why do some like vampires and hate angels?
Why would some like jihad and hate christians?
Why to some believe bible is currupt,but quran is true.?
Becuase it takes a angel to help and care for the truth..!
A angel believes in a truth that makes this place a batter place..!
the most important source for muslim Arabs:

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

- Qur'an 17:104 -

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

Ibn Khaldun, one of the most creditable
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 10:41:19 AM
At 12/21/2009 9:54:14 AM, banker wrote:
Vi veri you must have lots of courage to post over here your believe in angels..!
Any time any one is saying something from the bible they get bombed by all ethiests and muslims...!
Not only that try to just thank some one,or exhibit any kind of manners you really will get in truble..!
The only thing respected here is jihad and if you dare to blame jihad for 911 your evil..!
Why is it wrong to condemn iran along others following sharia law hanging kids who are gay.?
But its ok to condemn christianity for handing out food for poor if they give them bibles?

I don't believe in angels. I don't believe in vampires, either.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 11:00:27 AM

Oh noes! Those ebil Mooslims! :o

Why do you end every sentence with "....!"?
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 2:12:35 PM
At 12/21/2009 8:36:31 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

Did she seriously name the book "Angel Time?" What a crappy title. She use to write erotica before she wrote about vampires and witches (which really picked up her career). She should have stuck with them.

Haha yeah, though her Vampire books were little more than stylised soft erotica anyway.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 2:26:03 PM

I lol'd.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 5:08:36 PM
Vi veri it was twsurber that deserves credit for daring to admit his believe in angels...!

"And thereafter We [Allah] said to the Children of Israel: 'Dwell securely in the Promised Land. And when the last warning will come to pass, we will gather you together in a mingled crowd'.".

Any sincere muslim must recognize the Land they call "Palestine" as the Jewish Homeland, according to the book considered by muslims to be the most sacred word and Allah's ultimate revelation.

wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 5:13:55 PM
Lucifer. Just saying.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
Zetsubou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 5:19:18 PM
I loled so hard when I found out Stephanie Meyer(Twilight) was a mormon. Lol! A Mormon, I'm a white supremacist Vampire lover.
'sup DDO -- july 2013
banker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 5:24:19 PM
Insert please inform us in which way you would like to contribute to this topic?

Also please teach us about Al-Taqiyya

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 6:05:58 PM
At 12/21/2009 5:24:19 PM, banker wrote:
Insert please inform us in which way you would like to contribute to this topic?

Also please teach us about Al-Taqiyya

I already contributed to this topic and Al-Taqiyya isn't part of it.
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 6:35:18 PM
At 12/21/2009 5:08:36 PM, banker wrote:
Vi veri it was twsurber that deserves credit for daring to admit his believe in angels...!

I know....!
Vi_Veri
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 6:35:54 PM
At 12/21/2009 2:12:35 PM, Puck wrote:
At 12/21/2009 8:36:31 AM, Vi_Veri wrote:

Haha yeah, though her Vampire books were little more than stylised soft erotica anyway.

lol I wonder how she's going to pull of Angel erotica if they don't have genitals :p
twsurber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2009 8:25:58 PM

A big thank you to Mo and Banker!
Yes, I will openly defend the Bible. All the left wingers and Muslims can bring it.
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 5:21:45 AM
At 12/21/2009 6:35:18 PM, Vi_Veri wrote:

I knw0*&^%^^&%&%dafafd....!

Fix'd
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/22/2009 8:02:22 AM
are you originally from the US
when/where did you develop the habit of ending your sentences with ...
Why do you end most sentences with a exclamation mark
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com