Total Posts:118|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

I don't wanna go to Hell.

AeneasPhebe
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2013 10:54:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/16/2013 10:45:22 PM, Sitara wrote:
I now support same sex marriage, but I am afraid of Hell.

Why do you support it?
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2013 10:59:26 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/16/2013 10:54:37 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:45:22 PM, Sitara wrote:
I now support same sex marriage, but I am afraid of Hell.

Why do you support it?

It seems right to do so. I hope that does not seem dumb.
AeneasPhebe
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2013 11:00:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/16/2013 10:59:26 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:54:37 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:45:22 PM, Sitara wrote:
I now support same sex marriage, but I am afraid of Hell.

Why do you support it?

It seems right to do so. I hope that does not seem dumb.

Is what you think right or is God right?
Since you love Jesus and want to follow the Law of God, then why oppose it?
bulproof
Posts: 25,255
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2013 11:22:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/16/2013 11:00:53 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:59:26 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:54:37 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:45:22 PM, Sitara wrote:
I now support same sex marriage, but I am afraid of Hell.

Why do you support it?

It seems right to do so. I hope that does not seem dumb.

Is what you think right or is God right?
Since you love Jesus and want to follow the Law of God, then why oppose it?
One would need to prove that a god exists then prove that that god is the god you claim exists one would then need to prove that that god had an opinion on the subject and that that god's opinion disagreed with sitara's opinion.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2013 11:22:59 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/16/2013 11:00:53 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:59:26 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:54:37 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:45:22 PM, Sitara wrote:
I now support same sex marriage, but I am afraid of Hell.

Why do you support it?

It seems right to do so. I hope that does not seem dumb.

Is what you think right or is God right?
Since you love Jesus and want to follow the Law of God, then why oppose it?
I think you mean why not, and I shall answer accordingly. 2 Samuel 1:26 I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, PASSING THE LOVE OF WOMEN.
In this verse, the same Hebrew word ahab is used to describe both Jonathan's love, and the love of women. In 1 Samuel 18:1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.
The Hebrew language indicates a soul tie, meaning that they could not stop thinking about each other. 1 Samuel 18:3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.
They made a covenant because they loved each other. That sounds like marriage.
1 Samuel 18:21 And Saul said, I will give him her, that she may be a snare to him, and that the hand of the Philistines may be against him. Wherefore Saul said to David, Thou shalt this day be my son in law in the one of the twain.
In the one of the twain means for the second time. Saul was telling David to be his son in law for the second time, but wait a minute. David had not yet married any of Saul's daughters, but he HAD made a covenant with Jonathan because they were soul tied (soul mates).
1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for IT IS BETTER TO MARRY THAN TO BURN.
This passage speaks to the fact that getting married is better than fornicating or being miserable. There is more if ye are interested.
AeneasPhebe
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2013 11:50:38 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/16/2013 11:22:59 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 9/16/2013 11:00:53 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:

Is what you think right or is God right?
Since you love Jesus and want to follow the Law of God, then why oppose it?

You never answered these question BTW so I will leave them hanging.

I think you mean why not, and I shall answer accordingly. 2 Samuel 1:26 I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, PASSING THE LOVE OF WOMEN.

Obviously he loved women here. Can a man or woman love someone of their sex more than someone of the opposite sex without being gay? You need more than this to show homosexuality, because it does not stand here. Matter of fact do not many people today love their homies and brothers more than a woman? Many do and we do not call that gay.

In this verse, the same Hebrew word ahab is used to describe both Jonathan's love, and the love of women.

Ahab is a person and it also means uncle.

In 1 Samuel 18:1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

The Bible tells us to love everyone in this fashion does it not?

The Hebrew language indicates a soul tie, meaning that they could not stop thinking about each other. 1 Samuel 18:3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.

"And Saul commanded his servants, saying, Commune with David secretly, and say, Behold, the king hath delight in thee, and all his servants love thee: now therefore be the king's son in law. And Saul's servants spake those words in the ears of David. And David said, Seemeth it to you a light thing to be a king's son in law, seeing that I am a poor man, and lightly esteemed?"

Would Saul need to send his servants to persuade David of this, or would David ask if it was a light thing to be the king's son-in-law, if he already was?

Finally, 18:21 itself, and the word "twain," can mean "in both" but can mean in a "second". It is in fact the Hebrew word for the numeral two. What Saul is saying here is that David will be his son-in-law in the second daughter offered. There is no call for an idea of a "first marriage" here, other than a wish to see something in the text that is not there.

They made a covenant because they loved each other. That sounds like marriage.

Is there? Such a linkup would have been political and social suicide for Saul, David, and/or Jonathan because:

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

1 Samuel 18:21 And Saul said, I will give him her, that she may be a snare to him, and that the hand of the Philistines may be against him.

Twain means two.

In the one of the twain means for the second time. Saul was telling David to be his son in law for the second time, but wait a minute. David had not yet married any of Saul's daughters, but he HAD made a covenant with Jonathan because they were soul tied (soul mates).

Again twain means two in Hebrew. Lets reads again:
"Wherefore Saul said to David, Thou shalt this day be my son in law in the one of the two."
He has multiple daughters.

1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for IT IS BETTER TO MARRY THAN TO BURN.

This is a joke.

1 Corinthians 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

This passage speaks to the fact that getting married is better than fornicating or being miserable.

Your right, so where does it suggest men and men and women and women there? It does not. Let's listen to Jesus Christ since you claim to serve Him and follow Him...

Mat 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Mat 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

And Paul the apostle:

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

There is more if ye are interested.

Please and while you are at it, answer and adress those remarks by Jesus and Paul.
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:17:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/16/2013 11:50:38 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/16/2013 11:22:59 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 9/16/2013 11:00:53 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:

Is what you think right or is God right?
Since you love Jesus and want to follow the Law of God, then why oppose it?

You never answered these question BTW so I will leave them hanging.

I think you mean why not, and I shall answer accordingly. 2 Samuel 1:26 I am distressed for thee, my brother Jonathan: very pleasant hast thou been unto me: thy love to me was wonderful, PASSING THE LOVE OF WOMEN.

Obviously he loved women here. Can a man or woman love someone of their sex more than someone of the opposite sex without being gay? You need more than this to show homosexuality, because it does not stand here. Matter of fact do not many people today love their homies and brothers more than a woman? Many do and we do not call that gay.

In this verse, the same Hebrew word ahab is used to describe both Jonathan's love, and the love of women.

Ahab is a person and it also means uncle.

In 1 Samuel 18:1 And it came to pass, when he had made an end of speaking unto Saul, that the soul of Jonathan was knit with the soul of David, and Jonathan loved him as his own soul.

The Bible tells us to love everyone in this fashion does it not?

The Hebrew language indicates a soul tie, meaning that they could not stop thinking about each other. 1 Samuel 18:3 Then Jonathan and David made a covenant, because he loved him as his own soul.

"And Saul commanded his servants, saying, Commune with David secretly, and say, Behold, the king hath delight in thee, and all his servants love thee: now therefore be the king's son in law. And Saul's servants spake those words in the ears of David. And David said, Seemeth it to you a light thing to be a king's son in law, seeing that I am a poor man, and lightly esteemed?"

Would Saul need to send his servants to persuade David of this, or would David ask if it was a light thing to be the king's son-in-law, if he already was?

Finally, 18:21 itself, and the word "twain," can mean "in both" but can mean in a "second". It is in fact the Hebrew word for the numeral two. What Saul is saying here is that David will be his son-in-law in the second daughter offered. There is no call for an idea of a "first marriage" here, other than a wish to see something in the text that is not there.

They made a covenant because they loved each other. That sounds like marriage.

Is there? Such a linkup would have been political and social suicide for Saul, David, and/or Jonathan because:

Leviticus 20:13
If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

1 Samuel 18:21 And Saul said, I will give him her, that she may be a snare to him, and that the hand of the Philistines may be against him.

Twain means two.

In the one of the twain means for the second time. Saul was telling David to be his son in law for the second time, but wait a minute. David had not yet married any of Saul's daughters, but he HAD made a covenant with Jonathan because they were soul tied (soul mates).

Again twain means two in Hebrew. Lets reads again:
"Wherefore Saul said to David, Thou shalt this day be my son in law in the one of the two."
He has multiple daughters.

1 Corinthians 7:9 But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for IT IS BETTER TO MARRY THAN TO BURN.

This is a joke.

1 Corinthians 7:1 Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband.

This passage speaks to the fact that getting married is better than fornicating or being miserable.

Your right, so where does it suggest men and men and women and women there? It does not. Let's listen to Jesus Christ since you claim to serve Him and follow Him...

Mat 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Mat 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

And Paul the apostle:

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

There is more if ye are interested.

Please and while you are at it, answer and adress those remarks by Jesus and Paul.

I completely disagree, and who are you to say how faithful I am to Jesus? Typical con. Just because i do not fit your bigoted beliefs, you throw ad homenims at me. If you had been respectful, we would not have a problem.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:18:27 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
I'd say humanity's aversion to homosexuality is probably down to clothing and property, to a greater psychology between us than between other animals which was taken advantage of by power hungry men, and so you're probably all right.
AeneasPhebe
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:21:47 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/17/2013 12:17:06 AM, Sitara wrote:

I completely disagree, and who are you to say how faithful I am to Jesus? Typical con. Just because i do not fit your bigoted beliefs, you throw ad homenims at me. If you had been respectful, we would not have a problem.

I never said how faithful you are or are not to Jesus. If so, where? I said you claim to be which is true, right? Never made Ad homenims, do you know what that is because one was never given. I have and still am respectful. I do not have a problem it appears you do. My beliefs is Biblical and far from bigoted unless Jesus Christ and Paul are bigots.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:24:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Actually it'd probably be largely down to our innate psychology actually. Human male psychology would tend towards the paternal I'd say, as opposed to those animals which would birth numerous offspring per birthing. And then there'd be the competition, too.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:27:48 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/17/2013 12:24:51 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Actually it'd probably be largely down to our innate psychology actually. Human male psychology would tend towards the paternal I'd say, as opposed to those animals which would birth numerous offspring per birthing. And then there'd be the competition, too.

You'd imagine we'd be very prone to god complexes being born alone and into a hierarchy, no?
Sitara
Posts: 745
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:40:58 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/17/2013 12:21:47 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:17:06 AM, Sitara wrote:

I completely disagree, and who are you to say how faithful I am to Jesus? Typical con. Just because i do not fit your bigoted beliefs, you throw ad homenims at me. If you had been respectful, we would not have a problem.

I never said how faithful you are or are not to Jesus. If so, where? I said you claim to be which is true, right? Never made Ad homenims, do you know what that is because one was never given. I have and still am respectful. I do not have a problem it appears you do. My beliefs is Biblical and far from bigoted unless Jesus Christ and Paul are bigots.
Your right, so where does it suggest men and men and women and women there? It does not. Let's listen to Jesus Christ since you claim to serve Him and follow Him...
Yes you did.
AeneasPhebe
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:43:00 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/17/2013 12:40:58 AM, Sitara wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:21:47 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:17:06 AM, Sitara wrote:

I completely disagree, and who are you to say how faithful I am to Jesus? Typical con. Just because i do not fit your bigoted beliefs, you throw ad homenims at me. If you had been respectful, we would not have a problem.

I never said how faithful you are or are not to Jesus. If so, where? I said you claim to be which is true, right? Never made Ad homenims, do you know what that is because one was never given. I have and still am respectful. I do not have a problem it appears you do. My beliefs is Biblical and far from bigoted unless Jesus Christ and Paul are bigots.
Your right, so where does it suggest men and men and women and women there? It does not. Let's listen to Jesus Christ since you claim to serve Him and follow Him...
Yes you did.

Yes I did say you claim to listen and serve Jesus Christ...AND?
rjohnson741
Posts: 215
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:43:19 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/16/2013 11:00:53 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:59:26 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:54:37 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:45:22 PM, Sitara wrote:
I now support same sex marriage, but I am afraid of Hell.

Why do you support it?

It seems right to do so. I hope that does not seem dumb.

Is what you think right or is God right?
Since you love Jesus and want to follow the Law of God, then why oppose it?

So do you believe Sitara will go to hell for supporting same sex marriage?
AeneasPhebe
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:46:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/17/2013 12:43:19 AM, rjohnson741 wrote:
At 9/16/2013 11:00:53 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:59:26 PM, Sitara wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:54:37 PM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/16/2013 10:45:22 PM, Sitara wrote:
I now support same sex marriage, but I am afraid of Hell.

Why do you support it?

It seems right to do so. I hope that does not seem dumb.

Is what you think right or is God right?
Since you love Jesus and want to follow the Law of God, then why oppose it?

So do you believe Sitara will go to hell for supporting same sex marriage?

I make no claim who will and who will not go to hell. That is not my place. I know this though you are of Christ by believing His Word and following it. If you do not believe His word and do not follow it and instead follow your own, then you are not of Christ, and you serve yourself.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:46:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Guys, I just explained the whole homosexuality thing already. It's silly. Don't worry about it.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:49:40 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hell makes very little sense as a place. Would the screams from there be audible in Heaven I wonder, or does Heaven have soundproof walls? But you'd still know anyway wouldn't you...
AeneasPhebe
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:50:31 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/17/2013 12:47:29 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:46:04 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:

You're too old to be wearing that hat.

I did not buy it my mother-in-law did, but anyway why do you say that?
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:52:06 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/17/2013 12:50:31 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:47:29 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:46:04 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:

You're too old to be wearing that hat.

I did not buy it my mother-in-law did, but anyway why do you say that?

Boredom. What age are you?
AeneasPhebe
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:52:43 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/17/2013 12:52:06 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:50:31 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:47:29 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:46:04 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:

You're too old to be wearing that hat.

I did not buy it my mother-in-law did, but anyway why do you say that?

Boredom. What age are you?

34
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:53:52 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Hell quite obviously already exists on Earth for a lot of people by the way. Just something you'd think you might consider. Maybe this is our eternity and reincarnation is true? I mean I dunno...
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:55:07 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/17/2013 12:52:43 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:52:06 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:50:31 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:47:29 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:46:04 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:

You're too old to be wearing that hat.

I did not buy it my mother-in-law did, but anyway why do you say that?

Boredom. What age are you?

34

That'd be about when you're hitting your mid-life crisis all right. How's that going for you?
AeneasPhebe
Posts: 213
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 12:57:25 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/17/2013 12:55:07 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:52:43 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:52:06 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:50:31 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:47:29 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:46:04 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:

You're too old to be wearing that hat.

I did not buy it my mother-in-law did, but anyway why do you say that?

Boredom. What age are you?

34

That'd be about when you're hitting your mid-life crisis all right. How's that going for you?

I do not by in to that stuff but I have not had one and my life is going good.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 1:00:04 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/17/2013 12:57:25 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:55:07 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:52:43 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:52:06 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:50:31 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:47:29 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/17/2013 12:46:04 AM, AeneasPhebe wrote:

You're too old to be wearing that hat.

I did not buy it my mother-in-law did, but anyway why do you say that?

Boredom. What age are you?

34

That'd be about when you're hitting your mid-life crisis all right. How's that going for you?

I do not by in to that stuff but I have not had one and my life is going good.

I dunno, man. That's a pretty ridiculous hat. We're all friends here.
Jack212
Posts: 572
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2013 2:04:05 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/16/2013 10:45:22 PM, Sitara wrote:
I now support same sex marriage, but I am afraid of Hell.

Don't worry, you won't. Hell is just a scam to get donations out of gullible people.