Total Posts:23|Showing Posts:1-23
Jump to topic:

Why is regious important for people

MartinJohn
Posts: 1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 10:43:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been religion. I remember my uncle discussing about the importance of a person being faithful to his religion, and at that time I really didn"t argue or discuss with him about religion so I just dropped the topic. Lately, the issue has caught more eye again. I know that many people feel that religion is just not important is just something that you are raised and born into believing. From what I have heard, religion has caused many problems between countries and people. For example, I heard that the crusades during time of the Roman Empire was mainly caused by religion.

One thing that I know for sure about religion is that there are many types of religions all over the world. Now, I"ve studied my fair share of religion and I believe religion has its goods and its bads. The reason why I say this is because religion may bring a person from a sad mood to a happy mood it may also change a person"s life from worse to good, but may also be bad because of the controversies between different religions, and whose religion"s history is valid. Personally, it"s funny to me how people could criticize other religions" validness while they don"t know if for sure their religion"s history is truly valid.

Religion was not very important to me in the past because I thought religion is just believing in a God and believing that my God is the Saviour of the world.

Being that I didn"t have a lot of background information on religion, I chose to do some research on the topic. As I searched for blogs and news articles on Google, I came across this one blog: "Why religion is so important in our lives" http://www.india-forums.com... .

This blog provided a lot of information and opinions on religion. Some people felt that religion was the key element to running countries and societies. "These days the amount of faith a person has, in his own religion, has led to inhuman behavior, to help hypocrites utilize it to make money and to be in power." This statement didn"t really surprise me all that much, but it did make me feel sad. It made me sad because I believe this statement is true because when a person has little faith in his own religion, that person tries everything in his power to exploit his own religion to make money and to become famous.

In another article there was this one statement that made me nod my head in agreement with Ajay Bhatt. It was "Religion can help youth generation to become moral, disciplined and socialized citizens of society." This is so true because I think if religion is applied to every youth"s life there will be more kids finishing school, and more kids getting out of trouble with the cops.

All of this makes me think that religion is important because people could rely on it when they are feeling down, religion can also help turn a person from doing bad into doing something that will benefit him or herself in the future.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 11:32:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/18/2013 10:43:50 PM, MartinJohn wrote:
Something that I have been interested in learning more about has been religion. I remember my uncle discussing about the importance of a person being faithful to his religion, and at that time I really didn"t argue or discuss with him about religion so I just dropped the topic. Lately, the issue has caught more eye again. I know that many people feel that religion is just not important is just something that you are raised and born into believing. From what I have heard, religion has caused many problems between countries and people. For example, I heard that the crusades during time of the Roman Empire was mainly caused by religion.

One thing that I know for sure about religion is that there are many types of religions all over the world. Now, I"ve studied my fair share of religion and I believe religion has its goods and its bads. The reason why I say this is because religion may bring a person from a sad mood to a happy mood it may also change a person"s life from worse to good, but may also be bad because of the controversies between different religions, and whose religion"s history is valid. Personally, it"s funny to me how people could criticize other religions" validness while they don"t know if for sure their religion"s history is truly valid.

Religion was not very important to me in the past because I thought religion is just believing in a God and believing that my God is the Saviour of the world.

Being that I didn"t have a lot of background information on religion, I chose to do some research on the topic. As I searched for blogs and news articles on Google, I came across this one blog: "Why religion is so important in our lives" http://www.india-forums.com... .

This blog provided a lot of information and opinions on religion. Some people felt that religion was the key element to running countries and societies. "These days the amount of faith a person has, in his own religion, has led to inhuman behavior, to help hypocrites utilize it to make money and to be in power." This statement didn"t really surprise me all that much, but it did make me feel sad. It made me sad because I believe this statement is true because when a person has little faith in his own religion, that person tries everything in his power to exploit his own religion to make money and to become famous.

In another article there was this one statement that made me nod my head in agreement with Ajay Bhatt. It was "Religion can help youth generation to become moral, disciplined and socialized citizens of society." This is so true because I think if religion is applied to every youth"s life there will be more kids finishing school, and more kids getting out of trouble with the cops.

All of this makes me think that religion is important because people could rely on it when they are feeling down, religion can also help turn a person from doing bad into doing something that will benefit him or herself in the future.

"All of this makes me think that religion is important because people could rely on it when they are feeling down, religion can also help turn a person from doing bad into doing something that will benefit him or herself in the future."

It can also make people fly planes into buildings, and blow themselves up.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 11:50:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Your attribution only to religion of such things as you spoke of in your initial post is utterly naive. The oh-so controlling individual is the real culprit, of which you are most certainly one.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 11:54:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/18/2013 11:50:53 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Your attribution only to religion of such things as you spoke of in your initial post is utterly naive. The oh-so controlling individual is the real culprit, of which you are most certainly one.

What is naive is you straw-manning my position. I never said religion couldn't be good or that all religion is bad, I just said it could be bad as well. You need to up your reading game up...Just saying.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2013 11:59:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/18/2013 11:54:57 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/18/2013 11:50:53 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Your attribution only to religion of such things as you spoke of in your initial post is utterly naive. The oh-so controlling individual is the real culprit, of which you are most certainly one.

What is naive is you straw-manning my position. I never said religion couldn't be good or that all religion is bad, I just said it could be bad as well. You need to up your reading game up...Just saying.

No, you just need to stop being a retard. You were constructing justification for yourself, not even having read what this dude posted, nor taking any severely critical position because you're too dumb to do so.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 12:03:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/18/2013 11:59:06 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/18/2013 11:54:57 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/18/2013 11:50:53 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Your attribution only to religion of such things as you spoke of in your initial post is utterly naive. The oh-so controlling individual is the real culprit, of which you are most certainly one.

What is naive is you straw-manning my position. I never said religion couldn't be good or that all religion is bad, I just said it could be bad as well. You need to up your reading game up...Just saying.

No, you just need to stop being a retard.

Back to the name calling I see?

You were constructing justification for yourself, not even having read what this dude posted

I did read what he posted, I just was pointing out his biased summary at the end.

, nor taking any severely critical position because you're too dumb to do so.

I was criticizing his summary retard. See how easy it is to call people names on the internet? Makes you feel like a man huh?
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 12:14:09 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 12:04:53 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Shut up, you idiot.

Very enlightening. Please, dig deeper into this brilliant concept of yours.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 12:26:11 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Even if you did read what this dude wrote, you completely copied a recent post of mine, rendering this obvious justification building.

"Durr I can post like AnDoctuir, he's not smarter than me"

No, you're a retard.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 12:58:32 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 12:21:39 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
"Durr Twin Towers Religion bad"

Oh, it's that simple?

I didn't say all religion was bad, I just said aspects of it were. Go back and read again skippy....
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 1:00:23 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 12:26:11 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
Even if you did read what this dude wrote, you completely copied a recent post of mine, rendering this obvious justification building.

I copied a recent post of yours? lol Please, explain.

"Durr I can post like AnDoctuir, he's not smarter than me"

No, you're a retard.

It's becoming more clear that that term suits you at a much higher degree than me every post you make.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 1:13:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/18/2013 11:32:13 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
"All of this makes me think that religion is important because people could rely on it when they are feeling down, religion can also help turn a person from doing bad into doing something that will benefit him or herself in the future."

It can also make people fly planes into buildings, and blow themselves up.

^you.

"This whole scenario has worrying implications for people who are deaf, mute, don't speak English, or otherwise have difficulty communicating. The fact that all cues were likely ignored is absolutely disgusting."

Whatever, whatever, whatever.

^me. And here you are talking about bias, as was the topic of conversation in that thread, as if you can and just like me and hence my words mean nothing more than yours. Wrong. You're a retard, and I'm not.
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 1:14:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 12:58:32 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/19/2013 12:21:39 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
"Durr Twin Towers Religion bad"

Oh, it's that simple?

I didn't say all religion was bad, I just said aspects of it were. Go back and read again skippy....

Why did you say it, retard?
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 1:20:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 1:13:51 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/18/2013 11:32:13 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
"All of this makes me think that religion is important because people could rely on it when they are feeling down, religion can also help turn a person from doing bad into doing something that will benefit him or herself in the future."

It can also make people fly planes into buildings, and blow themselves up.

^you.

Yes, I said religion can make people fly into planes, and blow themselves up. This is evident by 911, and suicide bombers.


"This whole scenario has worrying implications for people who are deaf, mute, don't speak English, or otherwise have difficulty communicating. The fact that all cues were likely ignored is absolutely disgusting."

Whatever, whatever, whatever.

^me. And here you are talking about bias, as was the topic of conversation in that thread, as if you can and just like me and hence my words mean nothing more than yours. Wrong. You're a retard, and I'm not.

No, I'm pretty sure you are the retard... As you are disagreeing with well known facts.
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 1:21:10 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 1:14:20 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
At 9/19/2013 12:58:32 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:
At 9/19/2013 12:21:39 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
"Durr Twin Towers Religion bad"

Oh, it's that simple?

I didn't say all religion was bad, I just said aspects of it were. Go back and read again skippy....

Why did you say it, retard?

Because his summary didn't include it, as I already said previously. If you weren't such a retard you would have already known that upon a first read. As we all know, you have reading problems.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Posts: 6,071
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 2:18:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
Rational_Thinker9119
Posts: 9,054
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 11:29:46 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 1:21:53 AM, AnDoctuir wrote:
No, that's you. You're insufferably dumb. Bye. Go ask someone else's opinion and shut up.

Whatever you say troll!
AnDoctuir
Posts: 11,060
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/19/2013 12:28:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 9/19/2013 2:18:46 AM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:


I dislike the term atheist personally. I think there's hugely negative connotation to go along with it. I mean it's subsumed in agnosticism, no? And so why set yourself so opposed? And then I actually think that dudes like RT here actually strengthen the resolve of theists too, spouting absolute bullsh*t for the most part, no morals, etc., basically just casting serious consideration in a very poor light. You know how people can be so emotionally biased as to not see sense when it's right in front of their eyes, right?

Furthermore, RT has been rather prone to the ol' bit of schadenfreude on here, and I'm just letting him see what it's like to be on the receiving end.