Jump to topic:

Taxes. Why are we subsidizing or exempting re

GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 7:04:07 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Taxes. Why are we subsidizing or exempting religions that just lie to us?

All religions have their own Gods and be you a believer or not, you pay taxes to support them, ---- and all they return, except for a bit of social babysitting, ---- is lies.

Are you fed up with the Noble Lie of your governance and should these lying churches stop feeding from your wallet while your government use them against you?

I can appreciate some of the ancient logic for propagating churches and religions and the Noble Lie. I think that that logic no longer applies as our communication systems have become global and instant and churches are no longer required to supplement our social safety nets and that they have become superfluous and redundant.

Should your tax support for these lying churches and competing Gods be ended?

Are we bright enough to rid ourselves of the Noble Lie that we feed ourselves?

Why are you subsidizing religions that just lie to us?

Would you like to end churches and other tax exempt entities from taking your hard earned dollars and returning nothing or are churches still required in our modern societies?

Regards
DL
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/20/2013 9:12:47 PM
At 9/20/2013 7:04:07 PM, GreatestIam wrote:

All religions have their own Gods and be you a believer or not, you pay taxes to support them, ---- and all they return, except for a bit of social babysitting, ---- is lies.

Are you fed up with the Noble Lie of your governance and should these lying churches stop feeding from your wallet while your government use them against you?

I can appreciate some of the ancient logic for propagating churches and religions and the Noble Lie. I think that that logic no longer applies as our communication systems have become global and instant and churches are no longer required to supplement our social safety nets and that they have become superfluous and redundant.

Would you like to end churches and other tax exempt entities from taking your hard earned dollars and returning nothing or are churches still required in our modern societies?

Regards
DL

Welcome to this episode of disparaging and prejudice against the church. In this episode, we discuss non-profit organizations and why we don't tax them.

It's because they're not supposed to be making a profit. Which means there wouldn't be anything to tax.

If they are making a profit, you have my full support in taxing them into bankruptcy.

The rest of your statement is humorous, but generally lacks substance.

Thanks.
GreatestIam
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 8:22:43 PM
My prejudice is more against institution of trust lying to their people and being helped to do so by my tax dollars.

You might have a point but since the topic has more to do with being lied to, your reply has no substance at all.

Regards
DL
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 6:33:22 PM
Welcome to this episode of disparaging and prejudice against the church. In this episode, we discuss non-profit organizations and why we don't tax them.

It's because they're not supposed to be making a profit. Which means there wouldn't be anything to tax.

If they are making a profit, you have my full support in taxing them into bankruptcy.

The rest of your statement is humorous, but generally lacks substance.

Thanks.

Your wrong. We do tax non-profit organizations. While they may be exempt from certain things like income taxes because they have no profit, often private non-profit groups pay some taxes. Charities on the other hand pay no taxes of any kind. If a religious institution was to have full tax exempt status past that of any social club, then we are saying their belief and spreading their faith is charity. I recognize that many of these places do help with charities, but they are religion first, and no one is arguing them getting a tax deduction for charitable actions they take.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 7:10:02 PM
At 9/21/2013 8:22:43 PM, GreatestIam wrote:
My prejudice is more against institution of trust lying to their people and being helped to do so by my tax dollars.

You might have a point but since the topic has more to do with being lied to, your reply has no substance at all.

Regards
DL

That's not what you said. If you wanted to just gripe about those horrid lying organizations, there were more clear ways of doing so.

I'm sure you're not a member of any political parties, then, if you despise lying so.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2013 9:07:18 AM
At 9/20/2013 7:04:07 PM, GreatestIam wrote:

Regards
DL

Don;t worry, it will be. That will be the start of Governments turning on religion, as Revelations says they will.