Jump to topic:

Thoughts on this video by Penn Jillette

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2013 11:09:17 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
The man makes a lot of sense. Unfortunately, however, I am one of those people who feel God, but I wouldn't say in a sense that walls me off from the rest of the world, perhaps but in that I've climbed a wall that many have yet to climb.

Furthermore, I think, personally, that the brain in a vat consideration is a very important one, that is, that agnosticism, really, as regards what this reality is, is very, very important. I mean we weren't born into this world with our different beliefs, were we? And then if we weren't, where did we pick them up along the way?

The answer, I think, is in suffering and our attempts to alleviate that suffering, much of which is just a feeling of abandonment and incompleteness, and, then, maybe tolerance isn't so condescending, but transcendental, no?

Of course that's not to say that we shouldn't try to right the wrongs in people, though, just that we should be aware of why these 'wrongs' in people are actually wrong, which very much comes back to us. I mean people are very afraid of being wrong, that's how thought works; the mind is a control center. What if they weren't so much wrong, though, as lost?