Who do you worship?

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 8:09:35 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Do you give all your worship to Christ?

Or do you worship the one he did instead, giving Christ only relative worship?

Who did Christ worship? The one he told us to worship when he quoted Deuteronomy 6:6 "You must worship Jehovah your God with your whole heart, your whole soul, and your whole mind".

Did he really worship his Father, Jehovah?

Well read his own words to Mary at John 20:17 John 20:17
17 Jesus said to her: "Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, "I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father and to my God and YOUR God.""

Yes he did, and the Apostles later acknowledged that in their letters to the Congregations such as:

Ephesians 1:3
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in union with Christ,

1 Peter 1:3
3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

So follow him and worship the God that he worshipped, his father, Jehovah.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 8:25:50 AM
At 9/23/2013 8:09:35 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Who did Christ worship? The one he told us to worship when he quoted Deuteronomy 6:6 "You must worship Jehovah your God with your whole heart, your whole soul, and your whole mind".

17 Jesus said to her: "Stop clinging to me. For I have not yet ascended to the Father. But be on your way to my brothers and say to them, "I am ascending to my Father and YOUR Father and to my God and YOUR God.""

Yes he did, and the Apostles later acknowledged that in their letters to the Congregations such as:

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for he has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in union with Christ,

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, for according to his great mercy he gave us a new birth to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Who the FVCK was it that gave GOD the name jehovah??? Was it his parents?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 8:54:38 AM
At 9/23/2013 8:25:50 AM, bulproof wrote:

He chose it himself because it describes him. It means "I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be".

Exodus 3:13-15
13 Nevertheless, Moses said to the [true] God: "Suppose I am now come to the sons of Israel and I do say to them, "The God of YOUR forefathers has sent me to YOU," and they do say to me, "What is his name?" What shall I say to them?" 14 At this God said to Moses: "I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE." And he added: "This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, "I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to YOU."" 15 Then God said once more to Moses:
"This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, "Jehovah the God of YOUR forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to YOU." This is my name to time indefinite, and this is the memorial of me to generation after generation.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 9:11:11 AM
MCB: "Do you give all your worship to Christ?

Or do you worship the one he did instead, giving Christ only relative worship?"

Anna: You worship them both. An equally important question is, "How do you worship"? Do you worship according to divine instructions, either by command, example, or necessary inference? Does the one being worshiped have the right to demand how He will be worshiped?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 9:14:59 AM

Nope.

I don't worship anything.

Well, inasmuch Jesus was represented by an actual historical figure, chances are he was either a fraud, crazy, or merely exaggerated out of context by followers. I think we should take his words with a grain of Lot's wife.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 10:08:14 AM
At 9/23/2013 8:54:38 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

He chose it himself because it describes him. It means "I shall prove to be what I shall prove to be".

13 Nevertheless, Moses said to the [true] God: "Suppose I am now come to the sons of Israel and I do say to them, "The God of YOUR forefathers has sent me to YOU," and they do say to me, "What is his name?" What shall I say to them?" 14 At this God said to Moses: "I SHALL PROVE TO BE WHAT I SHALL PROVE TO BE." And he added: "This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, "I SHALL PROVE TO BE has sent me to YOU."" 15 Then God said once more to Moses:
"This is what you are to say to the sons of Israel, "Jehovah the God of YOUR forefathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob, has sent me to YOU." This is my name to time indefinite, and this is the memorial of me to generation after generation.

I am who I am
Even atheists know that much. Poor pathetic jehovians thing that when god says cat he actually means dog. Like I said only the dumbest of the dumb.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 10:15:27 AM

The purposes of this Society are: To act as the servant of and the legal world-wide governing agency for that body of Christian persons known as Jehovah's Witnesses..........................................................for public Christian worship of Almighty God and Christ Jesus
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 10:49:35 AM
At 9/23/2013 10:40:15 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
Last time I checked I worshipped nothing.

Oh dear, what a waste of time, nothing can do you no good whatsoever, God can.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 10:53:04 AM
At 9/23/2013 10:15:27 AM, bulproof wrote:

The purposes of this Society are: To act as the servant of and the legal world-wide governing agency for that body of Christian persons known as Jehovah's Witnesses..........................................................for public Christian worship of Almighty God and Christ Jesus

That's true, but notice worship of the father comes before worship of the son, which is true because worship of Christ has to be relative to worship of God. Difficult to do other wise since God is at the root of everything including Jesus Christ, but Jesus is the one who through his obedience guaranteed our chance of salvation and so is deserving of some worship, in the older sense of the word worship that is, like so many English words it has a range of meanings
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 10:54:30 AM
At 9/23/2013 10:08:14 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 9/23/2013 8:54:38 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I am who I am
Even atheists know that much. Poor pathetic jehovians thing that when god says cat he actually means dog. Like I said only the dumbest of the dumb.

No, Jehovah's Witnesses know exactly what Jehovah means when he uses a word, his son makes sure that they, and I, do.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 10:59:43 AM
At 9/23/2013 9:14:59 AM, drafterman wrote:

Nope.

I don't worship anything.

Well, inasmuch Jesus was represented by an actual historical figure, chances are he was either a fraud, crazy, or merely exaggerated out of context by followers. I think we should take his words with a grain of Lot's wife.

No Jesus was what scripture says he would be, and is what it says he is.

He was the fulfilment of over 350 prophecies related purely to him.

However, since his greatest enemy Satan, is in temporary charge of this world it is hardly surprising that he ash tried to bury any mention of Jesus.

However Satan's rule is soon to come to an end.

And brother will you know about it when it does.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:03:00 AM
At 9/23/2013 10:59:43 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Assuming scripture is not an exaggeration or outright fraud.

I'm the fulfillment of over 351 prophecies related purely to me. Worship me.

However, since his greatest enemy Satan, is in temporary charge of this world it is hardly surprising that he ash tried to bury any mention of Jesus.

Why can't I know about it now?
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:05:06 AM
At 9/23/2013 9:11:11 AM, annanicole wrote:
MCB: "Do you give all your worship to Christ?

Or do you worship the one he did instead, giving Christ only relative worship?"

Anna: You worship them both. An equally important question is, "How do you worship"? Do you worship according to divine instructions, either by command, example, or necessary inference? Does the one being worshiped have the right to demand how He will be worshiped?

Not quite sure if you are agreeing with option 2 or not, lol.

Well Jehovah's witnesses do, and as far as I can tell they are the only ones that do. You certainly don't.

Of course he has the right to be worshipped, and so, to a lesser extent does his son.

After all, without his son;s obedience, both in heaven and especially on the earth, we would have no salvation.

However if it had not been for his Father he would not have existed to do that for us. So his father deserves the Major credit and worship.

As our creator, who knows better than he what is best for us? No-one, and most certainly not us, especially if you view "us" as being the whole human race. So yes he has the right to ask anything he wants, including to destroy all those who do not wish to reply to his question in the positive.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:25:49 AM
At 9/23/2013 10:49:35 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I've never cared much for good nor God for that matter.
Turn around, go back.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:33:37 AM
At 9/23/2013 11:03:00 AM, drafterman wrote:

You can if you wish to listen to those of us who preach it.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:34:47 AM
At 9/23/2013 11:25:49 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:

Then I pity you because you do not know what you are missing.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:40:35 AM
At 9/23/2013 11:33:37 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/23/2013 11:03:00 AM, drafterman wrote:

You can if you wish to listen to those of us who preach it.

Since you guys can't seem to agree, that's unlikely.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:40:50 AM
At 9/23/2013 10:53:04 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 9/23/2013 10:15:27 AM, bulproof wrote:

That's true, but notice worship of the father comes before worship of the son, which is true because worship of Christ has to be relative to worship of God. Difficult to do other wise since God is at the root of everything including Jesus Christ, but Jesus is the one who through his obedience guaranteed our chance of salvation and so is deserving of some worship, in the older sense of the word worship that is, like so many English words it has a range of meanings
Oh poor DUMB FVCK, earlier you claimed that worship had different meanings and when I show you from your own dogma that it is applied equaly to your god and your god christ, you try to pull something else out of the talking donkey's arse. You are seriously fvcked in the head.
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:43:15 AM
At 9/23/2013 11:34:47 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Anger, fear, resentment for all that is different, indeed I am missing a lot.
Turn around, go back.
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:44:49 AM

You don't care for good? What does that mean?
"Logic is the money of the mind." - Karl Marx
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:48:47 AM
At 9/23/2013 11:44:49 AM, sdavio wrote:

A mere delusion, I have lost all sympathy for humanity on a whole, humans are virtually incapable of most tasks that one would describe as "good" so I am just on par with the rest of humanity.
Turn around, go back.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:56:02 AM
At 9/23/2013 11:48:47 AM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:

A mere delusion, I have lost all sympathy for humanity on a whole, humans are virtually incapable of most tasks that one would describe as "good" so I am just on par with the rest of humanity.
I am a subhuman then, cos I can do and do good. Thanks for that. I already knew it.
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 11:58:32 AM

Seems like a very unhealthy outlook, to be honest. All of civilization doesn't impress you? The iPhone? lol. Humans have a vast range of potential of emotion, good and bad.. and indeed, that is the standard. We can only understand the words 'good' and 'bad' in context of human action and the human mind.. So, in my opinion, any statement to the effect of 'humanity is ______' or even 'the universe is ______', speaks more about the individual saying it, and their experience of life (frustration, boredom, pain, etc,) than anything else..

What are you comparing humans to? Could it be something personal, some type of projection; that you aren't happy with yourself / your own life, and therefore reject all of humanity? Because basically that would 'balance it out.'
sdavio
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 12:00:36 PM
At 9/23/2013 11:56:02 AM, bulproof wrote:

I am a subhuman then, cos I can do and do good. Thanks for that. I already knew it.

Hey, maybe you're superhuman :)
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 12:14:41 PM
At 9/23/2013 11:34:47 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Ouch
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 12:30:49 PM
At 9/23/2013 11:58:32 AM, sdavio wrote:

Seems like a very unhealthy outlook, to be honest. All of civilization doesn't impress you? The iPhone? lol. Humans have a vast range of potential of emotion, good and bad.. and indeed, that is the standard. We can only understand the words 'good' and 'bad' in context of human action and the human mind.. So, in my opinion, any statement to the effect of 'humanity is ______' or even 'the universe is ______', speaks more about the individual saying it, and their experience of life (frustration, boredom, pain, etc,) than anything else..

What are you comparing humans to? Could it be something personal, some type of projection; that you aren't happy with yourself / your own life, and therefore reject all of humanity? Because basically that would 'balance it out.'

It may seem like an unhealthy outlook but unfortunately it is simply too close to the truth for comfort.

The trouble is that this world is currently in the temporary control of Satan, and he is influencing many people, whether or not they realise it.

Satan has very similar abilities to influence the spirit activating as as God has, the difference being that whilst God will only intervene if we ask him to, Satan has no such moral restraint.

It means that the only protection we have, especially in this time of the end when Satan has been cast out of heaven as a prelude to his imprisonment, he can concentrate fully on us, and knowing he has lost and is simply awaiting execution of his sentence he is angry.

we can get God's protection if we ask for it, but only if the request comes from an honest and unselfish earth. If our hearts don't "bleed" for the downtrodden and worse, then we are of little use to him.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 12:32:09 PM

No, you do very little real good, and what is worse, on here you do nothing but harm. to any who are daft enough to listen to you.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 12:34:46 PM
At 9/23/2013 12:32:09 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

No, you do very little real good, and what is worse, on here you do nothing but harm. to any who are daft enough to listen to you.

That is the highest compliment that a madman could ever give me. HUZZAH
seeu46
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2013 12:40:23 PM

I worship God who is Father and worship the Son who is from the Father.

For if you believe the Son it pleases the Father that sent him.
For if you honor the Son it pleases the Father that sent him.
For if you worship the Son it pleases the Father that sent him.
For the Father is God and God has given his Son all authority.