Jump to topic:

Scriptures are the words of GOD!

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2013 11:30:37 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
God' words... "Go and make DISCIPLES of all nations Baptizing"!

God' words... "Pointing to his DISCIPLES he said; Here are my brothers"!
Clearly baptism makes Jesus' brothers!

Clearly all of Jesus' brothers are IN God' family!
Clearly all who call Jesus brother can call God; "Father"!
Clearly all of God' children are saved, because of baptism they are made his children!
Clearly all who call Jesus Brother MUST honor Mary as mother!

Jesus MUST honor Mary.. If Jesus did not honor Mary his mother, he would be sinning! IF..
If Jesus was to sin he would not be perfect, he would NOT BE God!
All of Jesus' BROTHERS also MUST Honor Mary; Our Mother!

Peter ADDED 3000 Christians to Jesus' holy body by BAPTISM, the first day of Pentecost!
Acts 2:40
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation."
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

ALL ADDED to Jesus' holy Church are God' children, Jesus brothers.. They are saved!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 3:25:18 AM
At 9/24/2013 11:30:37 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Clearly all of God' children are saved, because of baptism they are made his children!

Jesus MUST honor Mary.. If Jesus did not honor Mary his mother, he would be sinning! IF..

Peter ADDED 3000 Christians to Jesus' holy body by BAPTISM, the first day of Pentecost!
With many other words he warned them; and he pleaded with them, "Save yourselves from this corrupt generation."
41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day.

ALL ADDED to Jesus' holy Church are God' children, Jesus brothers.. They are saved!

Are these the words of god?

genesis7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
Did god not know that rain came from clouds as he had created such to be?
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 11:08:01 AM
At 9/25/2013 3:25:18 AM, bulproof wrote:

genesis7:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.

The scriptures are the INSPIRED words of God!
Reject the scriptures as a lie, you are then rejecting Jesus!
48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

The one who rejects me and does not accept my words
the words I have spoken will condemn them!!!!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 11:11:25 AM
At 9/25/2013 11:08:01 AM, Dogknox wrote:

48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

So you have no answer to my question? Interesting since I answered yours.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 11:16:34 AM
At 9/25/2013 11:11:25 AM, bulproof wrote:

I did answer... "This is my answer, the scriptures are the words of God"! I post scriptures, I post the words of God!
SCRIPTURES>>> 48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

I pointed out "Rejecting the words of GOD is rejecting God".. It is JUST this simple!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 11:21:03 AM
At 9/25/2013 11:16:34 AM, Dogknox wrote:

I did answer... "This is my answer, the scriptures are the words of God"! I post scriptures, I post the words of God!
SCRIPTURES>>> 48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day.

I pointed out "Rejecting the words of GOD is rejecting God".. It is JUST this simple!
Except you have no words of god. You have words of bronze age men. WOW they know so much!
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 2:53:55 PM
At 9/25/2013 11:16:34 AM, Dogknox wrote:

I have no problem with the Word of God. I do have a problem at times with the implications you make from them.

These are also the Words of God:

I Timothy 4:
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Psalm 49:
6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
8 (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)

I Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Do you believe the Word of God, Dogknox? Can you explain these clear, dogmatic statements in light of your church's doctrines and teachings?
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 2:59:01 PM
No they're not. The scriptures were written by ghost writers over the centuries, and most Christians think they are at least partially false. When pressed to give an answer to an utterly immoral action God takes or to a patently false claim in the Bible about the physical world or biology, the Christians reliably claim: "The Bible was written by MEN, not God. It is not perfect."

Nice try, brah.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
simpleman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 4:23:41 PM
Look upon the words of Jesus, and see what He says about the condition of our hearts. All of billions of dollars and 150 years of psychological research has gotten us to Genesis chapter 3 as far as understanding the human condition. I used to skepticize the Bible for the same reasons, and upon the same references you do, until I read it for myself.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 4:53:12 PM

Every statement in this comment is a lie by the Roman religious leaders who had the true saints killed. These Romans used some of the ideas in the writings of the saints and mixed them with their religious ideas that came from the "beast", starting in Babylon.

Most of the new testament has nothing to do with the true testimonies of the early saints who God used to reveal His hidden knowledge. The religious ideas in the new testament is what religious Christians love to worship. This means they are disobeying the commandments of God and worship other gods instead, especially the false gods they built.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 7:10:37 PM
At 9/25/2013 2:53:55 PM, Naysayer wrote:

Naysayer Your words.. : I have no problem with the Word of God. I do have a problem at times with the implications you make from them.

I Timothy 4:
1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.

Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.

Psalm 49:
6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:

I Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Do you believe the Word of God, Dogknox? Can you explain these clear, dogmatic statements in light of your church's doctrines and teachings?

I reply: Think your church was NOT around when I Timothy 4:1-3 was written! SO...
Naysayer So the faith mentioned is NOT it cannot be yours!!
Your church and "YOU" are the product of the >>> latter times some shall depart from the faith!!

The Churches of the Great De-Formers are who DEPARTED FROM, the FAITH!! They DEPARTED from the Catholic Church, it CAN BE ONLY the Holy Catholic Church there was no other!
THINK..The Catholic Church did not DEPART from your church... So your Church NO WAY can be, the true FAITH!
In later times... YES in the Sixteenth Century "Martin Luther your FATHER of the great Protest DEPARTED!! Until the great "De-Formation" there was JUST the Catholic Church!
1 Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith,
Without any doubt... 1 Tim 4:1 PROVES your church is a LIE!!!!
Without any doubt .. 1 Tim 4:1 PROVES The Catholic Church MUST be the True Faith!!!

2) Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
The verse above Matt 23:9 is Verse # 8 it tells you Call no man TEACHER!!!
Naysayer Latin for TEACHER is DOCTOR!!!
Naysayer you call your pastors "DOCTOR". Dr. Billy Graham for one... Shame on you!!!
You call them TEACHER WHY when God tells you NOT TO?!!!
Matthew 23:8
"But you are not to be called "Rabbi," for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

1 Corinthians 4:14
Paul"s Appeal and Warning
I am writing this not to shame you but to warn you as my dear children.
15 Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

DO YOU SEE IT?? Paul calls himself FATHER!!!! Paul tells you; He calls the CHRISTIANS his children!! my dear children.

Naysayer Christ"s ministers have a role as spiritual fathers.
Jesus gave these men (the leaders) their role as spiritual fathers, and it is his Holy Spirit who recorded this for us in the pages of Scripture.
Scriptures tell you there are TEACHERS in the Church!
Scriptures tell you call no one TEACHER??? CONTEXT is what you have NOT!!

3) I don't know what you mean by these verses!!?? (below)
Psalm 49:

Naysayer Please get back to me.

4) You quote this verse... I Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

I reply YUP... Jesus is the DOOR!!!!! No one enters heaven except through Jesus!!!
The body of Jesus is the CHURCH!!! Jesus established ONE BODY and it was not yours!!

Naysayer your church was made by MEN.. all churches are made by men except the Catholic Church!
Jesus is GOD.. all KNOW God is LOVE!!!!
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

LOGIC says.. No one enters heaven except through the DOOR OF LOVE!!!
So much for the lie of saved by faith ALONE!
Naysayer The one mediator is Jesus.. So why do you reject Jesus' words and his Church!
Why have you placed the salvation of your soul in the lie of "All I need is the scriptures and Faith ALONE!?"
You need Jesus' Church you need to eat Jesus' flesh and drink his blood!
Truth be told.. You reject Jesus' words for the man made teaching of "Symbolic Communion"!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

HOW...
Naysayer how can you be saved by the blood of Jesus if you refuse to drink it???!

The Early Christians "DRANK IT"!!!
25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord"s death until he comes.

27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

DO YOU SEE IT??? Verse 29... You can't sin against a SYMBOL!!
You CONDEMN your self if you drink without recognizing the blood in the cup!!!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 10:25:27 PM
At 9/25/2013 7:10:37 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 9/25/2013 2:53:55 PM, Naysayer wrote:

Naysayer Your words.. : I have no problem with the Word of God. I do have a problem at times with the implications you make from them.

I Timothy 4:

Psalm 49:

I reply: Think your church was NOT around when I Timothy 4:1-3 was written! SO...
Naysayer So the faith mentioned is NOT it cannot be yours!!
Your church and "YOU" are the product of the >>> latter times some shall depart from the faith!!

The Churches of the Great De-Formers are who DEPARTED FROM, the FAITH!! They DEPARTED from the Catholic Church, it CAN BE ONLY the Holy Catholic Church there was no other!
THINK..The Catholic Church did not DEPART from your church... So your Church NO WAY can be, the true FAITH!
In later times... YES in the Sixteenth Century "Martin Luther your FATHER of the great Protest DEPARTED!! Until the great "De-Formation" there was JUST the Catholic Church!
1 Tim 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith,
Without any doubt... 1 Tim 4:1 PROVES your church is a LIE!!!!
Without any doubt .. 1 Tim 4:1 PROVES The Catholic Church MUST be the True Faith!!!

2) Matthew 23:9 And call no man your father upon the earth: for one is your Father, which is in heaven.
The verse above Matt 23:9 is Verse # 8 it tells you Call no man TEACHER!!!
Naysayer Latin for TEACHER is DOCTOR!!!
Naysayer you call your pastors "DOCTOR". Dr. Billy Graham for one... Shame on you!!!
You call them TEACHER WHY when God tells you NOT TO?!!!
Matthew 23:8
"But you are not to be called "Rabbi," for you have one Teacher, and you are all brothers.

1 Corinthians 4:14
Paul"s Appeal and Warning
I am writing this not to shame you but to warn you as my dear children.
15 Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

DO YOU SEE IT?? Paul calls himself FATHER!!!! Paul tells you; He calls the CHRISTIANS his children!! my dear children.

Naysayer Christ"s ministers have a role as spiritual fathers.
Jesus gave these men (the leaders) their role as spiritual fathers, and it is his Holy Spirit who recorded this for us in the pages of Scripture.
Scriptures tell you there are TEACHERS in the Church!
Scriptures tell you call no one TEACHER??? CONTEXT is what you have NOT!!

3) I don't know what you mean by these verses!!?? (below)
Psalm 49:

Naysayer Please get back to me.

4) You quote this verse... I Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

I reply YUP... Jesus is the DOOR!!!!! No one enters heaven except through Jesus!!!
The body of Jesus is the CHURCH!!! Jesus established ONE BODY and it was not yours!!

Naysayer your church was made by MEN.. all churches are made by men except the Catholic Church!
Jesus is GOD.. all KNOW God is LOVE!!!!
1 John 4:8
Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.

LOGIC says.. No one enters heaven except through the DOOR OF LOVE!!!
So much for the lie of saved by faith ALONE!
Naysayer The one mediator is Jesus.. So why do you reject Jesus' words and his Church!
Why have you placed the salvation of your soul in the lie of "All I need is the scriptures and Faith ALONE!?"
You need Jesus' Church you need to eat Jesus' flesh and drink his blood!
Truth be told.. You reject Jesus' words for the man made teaching of "Symbolic Communion"!
53 Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

HOW...
Naysayer how can you be saved by the blood of Jesus if you refuse to drink it???!

The Early Christians "DRANK IT"!!!
25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord"s death until he comes.

27 So then, whoever eats the bread or drinks the cup of the Lord in an unworthy manner will be guilty of sinning against the body and blood of the Lord. 28 Everyone ought to examine themselves before they eat of the bread and drink from the cup. 29 For those who eat and drink without discerning the body of Christ eat and drink judgment on themselves.

DO YOU SEE IT??? Verse 29... You can't sin against a SYMBOL!!
You CONDEMN your self if you drink without recognizing the blood in the cup!!!

The Bible is NOT THE WORD OF GOD. It's a mix of religious lies from the "beast", prophecies of God and ideas stolen from the writings of the true saints by the religious Jews and Romans who had the true saints and prophets killed.

The original writings were only testimonies of the invisible "Word of God" that no man can ever see. This knowledge has to be written and spoken in a language that we saints understand so it has to be taken from our vocabularies. Our Creator does this but only through His eternal plan, otherwise known as the "Will of God".
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 10:36:45 PM
BornofGod: "The Bible is NOT THE WORD OF GOD"

Anna: Then why do you bother to cite it? Often your posts amount to nothing other than ten or twenty passages, with no comment or explanation, from the Bible. To you, the Bible is like a cute little lion cub that you snuggle up to - when it's tiny. But later on, it turns on you and claws you to death - and you disown it.

You don't see me running around citing the Talmud or the Koran or the Book of Mormon, do you? Wonder why? Perhaps because I could care less what they say - and I do not view them as authoritative or the word of God.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2013 11:12:05 PM
At 9/25/2013 10:36:45 PM, annanicole wrote:
BornofGod: "The Bible is NOT THE WORD OF GOD"

Anna: Then why do you bother to cite it? Often your posts amount to nothing other than ten or twenty passages, with no comment or explanation, from the Bible. To you, the Bible is like a cute little lion cub that you snuggle up to - when it's tiny. But later on, it turns on you and claws you to death - and you disown it.

You don't see me running around citing the Talmud or the Koran or the Book of Mormon, do you? Wonder why? Perhaps because I could care less what they say - and I do not view them as authoritative or the word of God.

I don't use the scriptures when I speak to all my believers. I only use them in these Christian forums to show you Christians that you're not true saints with the invisible knowledge of God ( Word of God ) where all the original writings and spoken word came from. The scriptures are only testimonies, not the invisible "Word of God", also known as the Holy Spirit, Kingdom of God, Son of God, Messiah, Kingdom of Heaven, Kingdom of Jesus Christ, Christ, Zion, Jacob, Eternal Life, Light, Breath of Life, Tree of Life, Book of Life, etc.

Today we know this invisible Kingdom of God as invisible energy ( Heavenly Kingdom ) that no man can see or touch unless it is processed in a way for us to understand as a visible world ( Earthly Kingdom ).
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 1:02:40 PM
At 9/25/2013 4:23:41 PM, simpleman wrote:
Look upon the words of Jesus, and see what He says about the condition of our hearts. All of billions of dollars and 150 years of psychological research has gotten us to Genesis chapter 3 as far as understanding the human condition. I used to skepticize the Bible for the same reasons, and upon the same references you do, until I read it for myself.

Hello simpleman Nice to meet you..
Question.. WHO.... Who said the owl.. WHO are you addressing in your post???!

NOTE: Genesis 3... They covered them selves...
PROVING they did not love each other...If they had love they would not be ashamed! The "Tree Of Good & Evil" opened their eyes to their nakedness. If they had LOVE they would not need knowledge of what is right & wrong... All their actions would be towards the other, actions done in love!
God put the two together but he cannot "FORCE" them to love each other!!
Love MUST be "GIVEN FREELY!"

LOOK..The Sheep and the Goats Matthew 25
37 "Then the righteous will answer him, "Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?"

simpleman "Then the righteous will answer him... (above)

To be RIGHTEOUS you MUST do Right! The Sheep are RIGHTEOUS so they go to heaven!! They go to heaven because they have LOVE!
Adam and Eve were removed from heaven because they lacked love!

1 John 3:7
Dear children, do not let anyone lead you astray. The one who does what is right is righteous, just as he is righteous.

Do you see it?? The one who does what is right is righteous, The Sheep are RIGHTEOUS because they LOVE!!!!

simpleman The Goats have FAITH.. They also address Jesus as "LORD" they have "Faith ALONE"! These people go to Satan!!
41 "Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink,

simpleman Love is an action of; GIVING of self!
Faith ALONE is "Action-less"!
AndersonHunter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 2:17:17 PM

So, when it says that a rape victim must marry her rapist and cannot be divorced of him or that a rape victim can be stoned for not crying loud enough to be heard when raped in the city, that is the perfectly inspired "word of God"? Not to mention jewels such as these...

12. Deut. 25:11When two men are fighting and the wife of one of them intervenes to drag her husband clear of his opponent, if she puts out her hand and catches hold of the man by his privates, you must cut off her hand and show her no mercy.11. Genesis 19:8"Look, I have two daughters, virgins both of them. Let me bring them out to you and you could do what you like with them. But do nothing to these men because they have come under the shelter of my roof."

5. Kings 2:23Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, "Go up, you bald head! Go up, you bald head!" So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 2:39:44 PM
All that stuff up there.

First of all, even assuming you're right that Jesus meant that as literal blood (And it's not. Jesus was sitting right in front of them and his body hadn't been broken, his blood wasn't spilt. It was symbolic. We'll get to that.) you don't practice it. The wine Jesus was drinking was unfermented. The Jews weren't allowed to have anything leavened during the Passover.

Exodus 12:20 Ye shall eat nothing leavened;

Nothing fermented. That would include wine.

And in case you're still skeptical, for forty years in the wilderness, the Israelites drank no wine nor strong drink:

Deuteronomy 29:9 Ye have not eaten bread, neither have ye drunk wine or strong drink: that ye might know that I am the LORD your God.

As for sinning against a symbol, let's try putting that verse back in context:

I Corinthians 11:
20:When ye come together therefore into one place, this is not to eat the Lord's supper.
21 For in eating every one taketh before other his own supper: and one is hungry, and another is drunken.
22 What? have ye not houses to eat and to drink in? or despise ye the church of God, and shame them that have not? What shall I say to you? shall I praise you in this? I praise you not.
23 For I have received of the Lord that which also I delivered unto you, That the Lord Jesus the same night in which he was betrayed took bread:
24 And when he had given thanks, he brake it, and said, Take, eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me.
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.
26 For as often as ye eat this bread, and drink this cup, ye do shew the Lord's death till he come.
27 Wherefore whosoever shall eat this bread, and drink this cup of the Lord, unworthily, shall be guilty of the body and blood of the Lord.
28 But let a man examine himself, and so let him eat of that bread, and drink of that cup.
29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
30 For this cause many are weak and sickly among you, and many sleep.
31 For if we would judge ourselves, we should not be judged.
32 But when we are judged, we are chastened of the Lord, that we should not be condemned with the world.
33 Wherefore, my brethren, when ye come together to eat, tarry one for another.
34 And if any man hunger, let him eat at home; that ye come not together unto condemnation.

A clear reading shows that the symbolism of the Lord's Supper of the fellowship in the body through the blood is being stepped all over. They weren't sharing and taking care of one another as the church and God punished them for their lack of love and unit. It says nothing about sinning against a symbol. It says they ate and drank unworthily.

The Catholic Church in its form was not the church established. Your college of Bishops, your Pontifex Maximus have a very different origin as anyone with any concept of history can recognize:

http://en.wikipedia.org...
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Your Pontiff is the high priest of the pagan Roman Religion. That's what your church is organized after. That's where all your ceremony comes from and your made up positions of authority. Your church starting at Constantine consolidated the Empire through Christianity and had to pander to the pagans, a tradition long kept in the Catholic church.

Even during the formation of the Catholic structuring, it was through political strife and turmoil. The wickedness of the Catholic Popes is legendary. Not all, granted, but enough to call into question any claim to being the HOLY UNIVERSAL Church

If there are two things the Catholic Church is good at, it"s maintaining pagan traditions and embarassing the name of Christ with their hypocrital claims.

The verse about ransoming a soul was a direct rebuttal of indulgences, the disgusting practice of stripping the people"s pockets in the attempt to fund the wars and luxurious lifestyles of your priesthood.

As for your comments about Father, that was a fantastic trip through several languages to justify your claims, but the New Testament was written in Greek, not Latin and the word is Father, not teacher. The point is to not place that point of religious authority on someone. It"s not appropriate. As for Paul, he was their father. That was a fact. He begot them in the Gospel. He didn"t demand they call him father.

No where in that fact is there an ordination of a priesthood that is above the people. In fact, the saints of God are not a special group, they"re the church. (I Cor. 1:2) And the priests of God are also the church. (Rev. 1:6)

Yours is the church of the special privilege. It puts itself above the people. It maintains the pagan works. It murders the saints. If you don"t believe me, feel free to pick up a copy of John Foxe"s Book of Martyrs. He was another Catholic Priest until he started researching their bloody history.

It's proof positive that you can even make these arguments as a Catholic wasn't allowed to study the Bible until the 1940's.

http://www.usccb.org...

Get back to the Bible and quit making things up with your church"s vain philosophies.
Naysayer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 2:49:46 PM
And my last point about Jesus being the only mediator. Don't Catholics believe that Jesus is God? Then when you pray to Mary to intercede with Jesus what does that make her?
simpleman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 3:07:15 PM
I posted in reference to the naysayers, actually. If you want to be successful in evangelism, you must prepare the soil in the hearer for the seed you intend to plant. You cannot take for granted that the hearer believes in God. Establish that first, then work to make the Scriptures relevant to your audience. Words that are spirit are not well recieved by ears of flesh. We could spout the entire Bibleat an unbeliever, and not make one positive change in the hearer. In fact, all you will do is bring a negative association with the Bible to their mind, killing what chance of hope you may have otherwise had for them to receive you. Remember, the Gospel is good news. It is better for you to treat it as such. Jesus showed His love on the cross, that we might show His love to an unbelieving world.
AndersonHunter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 3:17:20 PM
At 9/26/2013 2:49:46 PM, Naysayer wrote:
And my last point about Jesus being the only mediator. Don't Catholics believe that Jesus is God? Then when you pray to Mary to intercede with Jesus what does that make her?

If two sects believe different aspects of the same lie, does that make one version of the lie more true than the other?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 9:37:25 PM
At 9/26/2013 2:39:44 PM, Naysayer wrote:
All that stuff up there.

First of all, even assuming you're right that Jesus meant that as literal blood (And it's not. Jesus was sitting right in front of them and his body hadn't been broken, his blood wasn't spilt. It was symbolic. We'll get to that.) you don't practice it. The wine Jesus was drinking was unfermented. The Jews weren't allowed to have anything leavened during the Passover.

Exodus 12:20 Ye shall eat nothing leavened;

Nothing fermented. That would include wine.

As for sinning against a symbol, let's try putting that verse back in context:

I Corinthians 11:

29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

A clear reading shows that the symbolism of the Lord's Supper of the fellowship in the body through the blood is being stepped all over. They weren't sharing and taking care of one another as the church and God punished them for their lack of love and unit. It says nothing about sinning against a symbol. It says they ate and drank unworthily.

Your Pontiff is the high priest of the pagan Roman Religion. That's what your church is organized after. That's where all your ceremony comes from and your made up positions of authority. Your church starting at Constantine consolidated the Empire through Christianity and had to pander to the pagans, a tradition long kept in the Catholic church.

As for your comments about Father, that was a fantastic trip through several languages to justify your claims, but the New Testament was written in Greek, not Latin and the word is Father, not teacher. The point is to not place that point of religious authority on someone. It"s not appropriate. As for Paul, he was their father. That was a fact. He begot them in the Gospel. He didn"t demand they call him father.

No where in that fact is there an ordination of a priesthood that is above the people. In fact, the saints of God are not a special group, they"re the church. (I Cor. 1:2) And the priests of God are also the church. (Rev. 1:6)

Get back to the Bible and quit making things up with your church"s vain philosophies.

Naysayer Thank you for your reply.. Right off ....
The bible was put together by the Catholic Church in 400 A.D. until then there was NO Bible!!! Toss your bible out your stinking window if your reject the authority of the Catholic Church... HOW..
Naysayer how can you be sure she got it right!!!?? You can't!! You have to accept all the books in your bible are Inspired words of God simply because, the Catholic Church tells you they are!!
There were lots of PHONY manuscripts kicking around.. No one knew what was truly inspired and what manuscripts were Not!! The Catholic Church took on the task. Guided by the Holy Spirit she weeded them all out, she ONLY kept the inspired manuscripts! THINK...
Naysayer think, if the Holy Spirit guided her in picking out the inspired manuscripts don't you think the Holy Spirit would not also stick around and help her interpret the same books!

The bible did not drop out of the sky, the Catholic Church made it and she also named her book "The Bible"! God tell you in the bible.. "Listen to the CHURCH!!" He tells you "The CHURCH is holy & BLAMELESS" God tells you "He LOVE his Church"! So far we are batting 1000 you reject all three (above)
God tells you "The CHURCH is the pillar and the foundation of truth". He says "His BISHOPS have the authority to COMMAND men"! He tells you.. "The BISHOP has the authority to protect Doctrine and TEACH Men"! God tell you "the TEACHING of the Bishop will save you!!"
God tells you.. "He is always with his Body the Church"! He tells you "The Holy Spirit is FOREVER with his body!"

God tells you.. "Men will protest against his Church they are FALSE TEACHERS!"
Naysayer YOU Reject the scriptures (above) to say what you do!

You say the lords supper is symbolic!!
READ IT IN CONTEXT. 29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.
Naysayer You only can CONDEMN yourself for eating a symbol!! The CONTEXT is..
You condemn yourself for not seeing it for what Jesus tells you it is.. "His real flesh and Blood"!

Communion... Root word "Communication" ... Being in Communication with SYMBOLS is called Idolatry!

John 6:53
Jesus said to them, "Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink. 56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Naysayer DO YOU SEE IT?? remains in me, and I in them You are NOT Catholic; You are OUTSIDE as a Pagan!!! The de-Formers did not remain in Jesus' body!! Until then the great protest.. there was JUST the Catholic Church!

Naysayer All your rant (above post) is moot... Scriptures tell you Jesus remains ALWAYS with the one church he established! They tell you; "The Holy Spirit is FOREVER WITH the Church Jesus established!".. NOT YOURS!!!

LOOK.. Not only do you reject the scriptures you MUST reject the CHRISTIANS of the early Church..
Ignatius of Antioch the CATHOLIC tells you he reject symbolic communion!!!
"I have no taste for corruptible food nor for the pleasures of this life. I desire the bread of God, which is the flesh of Jesus Christ, who was of the seed of David; and for drink I desire his blood, which is love incorruptible" (Letter to the Romans 7:3 [A.D. 110]).

Irenaeus would call you a HERETIC!!!
"If the Lord were from other than the Father, how could he rightly take bread, which is of the same creation as our own, and confess it to be his body and affirm that the mixture in the cup is his blood?" (Against Heresies 4:33"32 [A.D. 189]).

Augustine the CATHOLIC tells you: Jesus carried his own body in his hands at the Last Supper"!
"Christ was carried in his own hands when, referring to his own body, he said, "This is my body" [Matt. 26:26]. For he carried that body in his hands" (Explanations of the Psalms 33:1:10 [A.D. 405]).

Naysayer Scriptures are very clear.. It takes FAITH in Jesus!
John 6:52
Then the Jews AND...Naysayer began to argue sharply among themselves, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?"

Christians have ALWAYS accepted the words of Jesus LITERALLY! Until the de-Formation the flesh of Jesus was eaten in the form of bread.. EVEN..
Naysayer even Martin Luther the father of the great protest "Ate the flesh of Jesus in the form of bread"!
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2013 9:59:01 PM
At 9/26/2013 2:49:46 PM, Naysayer wrote:

GOOD question...
Think: Mary is my mother... All GOOD mothers pray fro their children!
Naysayer WE ask Mary to intercede with Jesus!! Mary goes directly to Jesus!!!! Still going to Jesus!!!!! Nothing changes!

Naysayer You might ask your friend down the street to pray for you... You don't even know if your friend is in good standings with God! Why don't you go directly to Jesus????!
You pray for your children, parents??? WHY!!!!!!!! YOU CAN'T!!!! They are suppose to GO DIRECTLY TO JESUS!!!!! Do you understand??

Mary goes to Jesus for us.. As your friend down the street would also do in his prayers! Jesus goes to his father! WE KNOW Jesus must honor Mary his mother; God commands it. If Jesus did not honor Mary he would be sinning!!! If Jesus was to sin he would not be perfect, he would NOT BE God!!
NOT SAYING, all requests to Mary are answered... Am saying ,we KNOW Mary is in Heaven and she is heard!!

Naysayer Mary is my mother because I am IN Jesus Catholics have always honored Mary!!!
God commands.."Honor your mother"!

Because Mary is my mother, Jesus is my brother! I was made brother of Jesus, by my baptism!! "Go make DISCIPLES of all nations>BAPTIZING!"
All know; "Disciples are Jesus' brothers"!
Because Jesus is my brother, God is my father!
Baptism "ADDED me to Jesus' holy Catholic body...
Naysayer Communion KEEPS me in his body!

55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.
56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.

Naysayer Jesus feeds me so I have "LIFE"! (I am the way the truth and the LIFE)
You have long ago starved to death!

Ephesians 5:29
After all, no one ever hated their own body, but they feed and care for their body, just as Christ does the church" 30 for we are members of his body.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 1:39:09 AM
Dogknox: GOOD question... Think: Mary is my mother... All GOOD mothers pray fro their children! Naysayer WE ask Mary to intercede with Jesus!! Mary goes directly to Jesus!!!! Still going to Jesus!!!!! Nothing changes!

Anna: That's about the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever heard on here. Mary isn't your mother - and you might (and probably do) "ask Mary to intercede" until you are blue in the face, but there isn't the slightest evidence that she even hears you. In fact, the evidence is that she can't.

You say, "Nothing changes." That's debatable, but Gal 4 hasn't changed.

"For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, one by the handmaid, and one by the freewoman. Howbeit the son by the handmaid is born after the flesh; but the son by the freewoman is born through promise.

Which things contain an allegory: for these women are two covenants; one from mount Sinai, bearing children unto bondage, which is Hagar.

Now this Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia and answereth to the Jerusalem that now is: for she is in bondage with her children. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, which is our mother."

There are two women - two mothers: Sarah and Hagar, free and bound.

These women represent two covenants.

Hagar represents the Old Law given from Mt. Sinai by Moses and corresponds to Jerusalem as it then was when Paul wrote: the people of the city and indeed the city itself were still in bondage to the Old Law. They had, by and large, rejected Christ and His gospel and remain children in bondage

Sarah, on the other hand, corresponds to a New Jerusalem, one not governed by the Mosaic Law. But remember "These woman are two covenants." Which covenant is allegorical to Sarah? The New Covenant - the gospel. There's the freedom! That's why Paul later said, "For freedom did Christ set us free: stand fast therefore, and be not entangled again in a yoke of bondage." Jerusalem which is NOT from Mt. Sinai, but from above, depicts the gospel - and Paul describes the gospel as the "mother of us all."

It's a funny thing that Paul writes that we are children of the gospel - and the gospel is our mother - and then tells the Galatians to stand fast in that liberty, while you run around telling people that Mary is your mother.

Paul said somebody or something is "the mother of us all", Dogknox. Why don't you try reading Gal 4 and telling what that something or somebody is.

"Mary goes directly to Jesus!!!!" ----- prove it
"Mary goes to Jesus for us." ----- prove it
"we KNOW Mary is in Heaven and she is heard!!" ----- prove it. Fact is: Mary is not in heaven. She is in paradise in the Hadean realm - right where Lazarus went in Luke 16.
"Catholics have always honored Mary!!!" ---- Christians honor Mary. Catholics make up stuff that dishonors her.
"Why don't you find an example, a Biblical example, of any Christian praying to or through Mary"?
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 1:01:10 PM
At 9/27/2013 1:39:09 AM, annanicole wrote:
Dogknox: GOOD question... Think: Mary is my mother... All GOOD mothers pray fro their children! Naysayer WE ask Mary to intercede with Jesus!! Mary goes directly to Jesus!!!! Still going to Jesus!!!!! Nothing changes!

Anna: That's about the most ridiculous nonsense I've ever heard on here. Mary isn't your mother - and you might (and probably do) "ask Mary to intercede" until you are blue in the face, but there isn't the slightest evidence that she even hears you. In fact, the evidence is that she can't.

"For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, one by the handmaid, and one by the freewoman. Howbeit the son by the handmaid is born after the flesh; but the son by the freewoman is born through promise.

Which things contain an allegory: for these women are two covenants; one from mount Sinai, bearing children unto bondage, which is Hagar.

Now this Hagar is mount Sinai in Arabia and answereth to the Jerusalem that now is: for she is in bondage with her children. But the Jerusalem that is above is free, which is our mother."

Hagar represents the Old Law given from Mt. Sinai by Moses and corresponds to Jerusalem as it then was when Paul wrote: the people of the city and indeed the city itself were still in bondage to the Old Law. They had, by and large, rejected Christ and His gospel and remain children in bondage

Sarah, on the other hand, corresponds to a New Jerusalem, one not governed by the Mosaic Law. But remember "These woman are two covenants." Which covenant is allegorical to Sarah? The New Covenant - the gospel. There's the freedom! That's why Paul later said, "For freedom did Christ set us free: stand fast therefore, and be not entangled again in a yoke of bondage." Jerusalem which is NOT from Mt. Sinai, but from above, depicts the gospel - and Paul describes the gospel as the "mother of us all."

It's a funny thing that Paul writes that we are children of the gospel - and the gospel is our mother - and then tells the Galatians to stand fast in that liberty, while you run around telling people that Mary is your mother.

Paul said somebody or something is "the mother of us all", Dogknox. Why don't you try reading Gal 4 and telling what that something or somebody is.

"we KNOW Mary is in Heaven and she is heard!!" ----- prove it. Fact is: Mary is not in heaven. She is in paradise in the Hadean realm - right where Lazarus went in Luke 16.
"Catholics have always honored Mary!!!" ---- Christians honor Mary. Catholics make up stuff that dishonors her.
"Why don't you find an example, a Biblical example, of any Christian praying to or through Mary"?

annanicole Scriptures PROVE Mary is my mother!!!
I was "ADDED" to the Body of Jesus by Baptism!!! I was made Jesus'>>BROTHER<< by my baptism!!!!
Because Jesus is MY BROTHER this alone tells all... Mary is my mother! I cannot be BROTHER and not have the same mother.. DUH!!
Because Jesus is MY BROTHER this also makes GOD MY FATHER!! Again DUH!!!

You said.. Paul said somebody or something is "the mother of us all", Dogknox. Why don't you try reading Gal 4 and telling what that something or somebody is.

I reply: Get it straight.. The "US ALL" Paul mentions (above) cannot be you.. You are NOT part of the "US" you are in a PROTEST against "US"!
You have DE-FORMED away from "US"!!! The "US" is all who are in the body of Jesus the Holy Catholic Church!
The GOSPEL is from the Catholic Church.. !!

The Gospel is the Faith of the Catholic Church!!
Time and Time again, I have PROVEN you and Naysayer REJECT THE GOSPEL!!!! You are the product of men who reject the words of God!!
You reject.. scriptures.."Listen to the Church"!
"The Church is Holy"! (your churches were not around)
"The Church is BLAMELESS"! (your churches were not around)
"Jesus died for the CHURCH" (your churches were not around)
"Jesus remains ALWAYS WITH HIS CHURCH"! (your churches were not around)
"Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to be FOREVER WITH his Church"! (your churches were not around)
Jesus feeds his Church his own flesh "THE LIFE come down"! (your churches were not around)
"From the Church will come False Teachers" (your churches have roots to the PROTESTERS, men who came OUT of the Catholic Church, PROVING the prophesy true!)
"The CHURCH is the TRUTH"! (your churches were not around, can't be your church)
"The CHURCH is the body of Jesus"! (your churches were not around)
"Baptism ADDS Christians to the CHURCH!" (your churches were not around)

annanicole AND Naysayer All mentions of CHURCH in the scriptures CANNOT be your man made churches, churches in direct opposition to the One Church Jesus established!
annanicole You are in a man made church formed eighteen hundred years AFTER Paul said "US"!!!

Naysayer AND annanicole Jesus established ONE CHURCH!!!
Paul is an Apostle in the Body of Jesus, he teaches the CHURCH Jesus established.
The Church in Corinth, in Rome, in Galatia, in Ephesus, at Philippi, in Colossae, in Macedonia, in Crete and the provinces of Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia and Bithynia.>>>> ONE CHURCH Paul is TEACHING in the one church!!! All of these Churches of Christ are the same CHURCH The Holy BLAMELESS Catholic Church!!!!
annanicole NOT YOUR CHURCH!!! You and YOUR MAN MADE CHURCH rejects the one holy Catholic Church, Jesus established!!!

Mary is the Mother of "The CHURCH" the Holy Catholic body of Jesus!!! It is just this simple!!!

Scriptures are clear... Mary has a Family Tree! Mary' GENEALOGY is traceable back to Jesus through the Church Jesus established!

Scriptures.. Words from the mouth of Mary>>"FROM NOW ON" (two thousand years ago is when the NOW starts) "all GENERATIONS will call me blessed!!!"
Naysayer is NOT; You are NOT part of Marys family.. neither of YOU CAN be!!!! You are not in the GENERATIONS that go back to Marys PROPHESY two thousand years ago.."FROM NOW ON"!! Only the Catholic Church the Church of the Apostle Paul can be traced back to Marys "From Now On"!

Your church and Naysayer church trace there roots back to the great protest, to the DE-FORMING and back no further! NO BACK to Mary prophesy, not back in Marys Generational family tree! Mary is NOT your mother so LOGIC ALONE says Jesus cannot be your brother!
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 1:08:57 PM
Oh, answer the post - and quit all that imbecilic rambling that you do.

Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 4:19:09 PM
annanicole your words.. It's a funny thing that Paul writes that we are children of the gospel - and the gospel is our mother - and then tells the Galatians to stand fast in that liberty, while you run around telling people that Mary is your mother.

I reply: AGAIN.. You are NOT part of Pauls "the mother of us all" He means "Mother of all IN Jesus' holy Catholic Church the ONLY CHURCH Jesus established! The "US ALL" IS ALL CATHOLICS!!! It CANNOT be another, it most definitely CANNOT be any man made churches with shallow roots back to the great De-Formation "YOUR CHURCH!!!!"

1) The CHURCH is my MOTHER!!
Her baptism "Re-FORMED ME"!
Her Baptism ADDED Me to the Body of Jesus>> The Catholic CHURCH!!
Her Baptism IMMERSED ME into the body of Jesus!
The Catholic Church is my Mother!
Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to me as a GIFT FROM GOD!!!
The Bride is my MOTHER.. The Holy Catholic Church!
The Groom is my FATHER.. God!!
The Catholic has TWO TWO TWO parents... 1) Mother Church!! 2) Father God!!
2) Mary is the Mother of the Catholic Church.. She is still my MOTHER!!
annanicole "GRAND MOTHER" but still my MOTHER!!

The Catholic Church has roots going all the way back to Mary because she gave life to the Catholic Church when she gave life to Jesus!
Naysayer AND annanicole Mary is NOT your mother.. She cannot be your mother, you reject her son, you reject her, you reject the EARLY Christians!!!! To be child of Mary you MUST be BROTHER of Jesus!
annanicole AND Naysayer You are both part of the PROTEST against Jesus, the Bride and scriptures!
You cannot trace your roots back to Marys PROPHESY!!! Marys words "FROM NOW ON all GENERATIONS will call me blessed!" Two Thousand year old PROPHESY that can ONLY be fulfilled by the Catholic Church!!!!

annanicole you AND Naysayer are NOT children of the gospel - You REJECT the Gospel!!!!
You reject the words of Jesus the scriptures!!
The Gospel is the Faith of the Catholic Church!!
Time and Time again, I have PROVEN you and Naysayer REJECT THE GOSPEL!!!! You are the product of men who reject the words of God!!
You reject.. scriptures..
"Listen to the Church"!
"The Church is Holy"! (your churches were not around)
"The Church is BLAMELESS"! (your churches were not around)
"Jesus died for the CHURCH" (your churches were not around)
"Jesus remains ALWAYS WITH HIS CHURCH"! (your churches were not around)
"Jesus sent the Holy Spirit to be FOREVER WITH his Church"! (your churches were not around)
Jesus feeds his Church his own flesh "THE LIFE come down"! (your churches were not around)
"From the Church will come False Teachers" (your churches have roots to the PROTESTERS, men who came OUT of the Catholic Church, PROVING the prophesy true!)
"The CHURCH is the TRUTH"! (your churches were not around, can't be your church)
"The CHURCH is the body of Jesus"! (your churches were not around)
"Baptism ADDS Christians to the CHURCH!" (your churches were not around)
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 5:03:51 PM
Dogknox: It's a funny thing that Paul writes that we are children of the gospel - and the gospel is our mother - and then tells the Galatians to stand fast in that liberty, while you run around telling people that Mary is your mother.

Paul said somebody or something is "the mother of us all", Dogknox. Why don't you try reading Gal 4 and telling what that something or somebody is?

Now notice how Dogknox absolutely avoids the subject - and tries to divert it:

Dogknox: I reply: AGAIN.. You are NOT part of Pauls "the mother of us all" He means "Mother of all IN Jesus' holy Catholic Church the ONLY CHURCH Jesus established! The "US ALL" IS ALL CATHOLICS!!! It CANNOT be another, it most definitely CANNOT be any man made churches with shallow roots back to the great De-Formation "YOUR CHURCH!!!!"

Anna: Poor fella doesn't know what to say, so he just asserts that I'm not a part of the church to whom Paul was speaking. Isn't that beautiful? So what if I'm not, Dogknox? Mary still isn't your mother - whether I'm a Buddist, Islamic, or Christian. It doesn't matter what I am.

Can you imagine the Apostle Paul telling the Galatian church: "Your mother is the New Covenant, the gospel" - while Dogknox runs around saying, "Mary is my mother. Mary is my mother."

What did Dogknox say about the allegory concerning Hagar and Sarah, and the two covenants? Nothing! He knows nothing about it! Did anyone notice the queries near the bottom of the post? Here they are:

"Paul said somebody or something is "the mother of us all", Dogknox. Why don't you try reading Gal 4 and telling what that something or somebody is."

Any answer from the Dogknox? Of course not!

And more:

Dogknox's reply is that I'm not a part of the church which Jesus built! Well, the church that Jesus built never said, "Mary is our mother"! So, Dogknox, apparently you're not a part of it either.

Answer the questions, and quit your usual evasions.
simpleman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 5:33:59 PM
I get the impression none of you have the slightest idea on the historical basis of the Bible, how it was comprised, what it said, and are the victims of a great number of myths propogated by the Catholic Church. If you have any questions on Biblical history, or of Biblical doctrine that is not tampered with by priests, ask and I will answer.
AndersonHunter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 5:49:49 PM
At 9/27/2013 5:33:59 PM, simpleman wrote:
I get the impression none of you have the slightest idea on the historical basis of the Bible, how it was comprised, what it said, and are the victims of a great number of myths propogated by the Catholic Church. If you have any questions on Biblical history, or of Biblical doctrine that is not tampered with by priests, ask and I will answer.

This is a great trick that has been sharpened and refined by believers over the generations. They will assert that you do not understand the scriptures because you fail to comprehend the manner in which they were constructed, comprised and crafted. As if to say that the composition of the texts somehow proves their infallibility. The fact remains the the actual contexts of the original text is unknown because we don't have them for examination. Moreover, the entire Pentateuch, which serves as the foundation from which Judea and Christian religions were derived, were stories of oral tradition that would eventually become the catalyst for all manuscripts to follow. The bottom line is that the scriptures cannot be deemed to be true simply because they assert their own truth. Nothing contained within the scriptures proves that a God exists or disproves that the texts were simply the result of man's creative imagination.
simpleman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2013 6:12:43 PM
@ Andersonhunter
True. But the Bible squares with reality, which answers for it's validity. Find in science any observation of a physical entity that can explain it's own existence without reference to a preceding causal entity. None exists. The universe we inhabit is a contingent entity, not an ontologically independent one. Being then that all matter owes existence to an origin and cannot lack for one, but cannot itself be it's own originator from nothingnes, the initiating entity would, of necessity, have to be an extranatural entity. The God of the Bible is the most logical initiator. Our existence alone, against almost impossible odds, points to the reasonableness of God being who and what the Bible says He is, The Creator.