Jump to topic:

Abortion, killing vs murder

Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 9:52:43 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Sometimes I think it gives better insight to come at an issue from a different angle.

When talking about is it wrong to kill a human ? there are three options........yes, no, sometimes yes/sometimes no.

Here is the problem, very few people believe it is always wrong to kill a human or is always permissible to kill a human. What that means is that most of us fall in the well sometimes it's wrong sometimes it isn't category.

As soon as you do this you are drawling a line, one one side when its ok to kill a human on the other when it isn't.

People are just going to draw that line differently. That's why some one can be against abortion in all stages and say and all abortions are murder, all the while giving the USA a pass on dropping a nuke on Japan.

The line can be whatever you want it to be.............................

Bring it !!!
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 9:56:27 PM
At 9/30/2013 9:52:43 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
Sometimes I think it gives better insight to come at an issue from a different angle.

When talking about is it wrong to kill a human ? there are three options........yes, no, sometimes yes/sometimes no.

Here is the problem, very few people believe it is always wrong to kill a human or is always permissible to kill a human. What that means is that most of us fall in the well sometimes it's wrong sometimes it isn't category.

As soon as you do this you are drawling a line, one one side when its ok to kill a human on the other when it isn't.

People are just going to draw that line differently. That's why some one can be against abortion in all stages and say and all abortions are murder, all the while giving the USA a pass on dropping a nuke on Japan.

Bring it !!!

1 Timothy 2:15
But women will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

So much for thinking of self over interests of the baby! Don't you think?!
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 10:08:39 PM
At 9/30/2013 9:56:27 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Bring it !!!

But women will be saved through childbearing"if they continue in faith, love and holiness with propriety.

Well that was interesting.

I match your bible quote with one of my own......

Deuteronomy 22

But if this accusation is true and no evidence of the young woman"s virginity is found, 21 they will bring the woman to the door of her father"s house, and the men of her city will stone her to death. For she has committed an outrage in Israel by being promiscuous in her father"s house. You must purge the evil from you.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 10:16:51 PM
At 9/30/2013 10:08:39 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Bring it !!!

Deuteronomy 22

But if this accusation is true and no evidence of the young woman"s virginity is found, 21 they will bring the woman to the door of her father"s house, and the men of her city will stone her to death. For she has committed an outrage in Israel by being promiscuous in her father"s house. You must purge the evil from you.

AND???
Your point is???

The Old Testament had LAWS!!
The New Testament has changed all that..
Romans 13:9
The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not covet," and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

ONE COMMANDMENT!!!

Mark 12:30
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."
31 The second is this: "Love your neighbor as yourself." There is no commandment greater than these."

Illegalcombatant QUESTION.. Is it a loving action to ABORT your child!?
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 10:28:37 PM
At 9/30/2013 10:16:51 PM, Dogknox wrote:
At 9/30/2013 10:08:39 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:

Bring it !!!

Deuteronomy 22

AND???
Your point is???

The Old Testament had LAWS!!
The New Testament has changed all that..
Romans 13:9
The commandments, "You shall not commit adultery," "You shall not murder," "You shall not steal," "You shall not covet," and whatever other command there may be, are summed up in this one command: "Love your neighbor as yourself."

ONE COMMANDMENT!!!

Mark 12:30
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength."
31 The second is this: "Love your neighbor as yourself." There is no commandment greater than these."

Illegalcombatant QUESTION.. Is it a loving action to ABORT your child!?

All your doing is drawing a line now and calling love.

Is it loving to drop a nuke on Japan ?

Is it loving to deny two consenting adults to marry ?

Is it loving to force a woman to go through with a pregnancy against her will ?

I don't really care what your answer is, cause it will be assertions on your part. And what ever assertion you make can be countered with an assertion.
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/30/2013 11:41:26 PM
Illegalcombatant You ask.. Is it loving to force a woman to go through with a pregnancy against her will ?
I reply.. force and against her will are very clear.

LOVE IS: Giving of self from the heart!
It is NOT loving to force anyone.. BUT...
Illegalcombatant but, it is LOVING to go to the full term even when you do not want the child... GIVING of your self...
NOT being selfish, is LOVE, it is what Jesus did on the cross!!

Illegalcombatant you are twisting LOGIC!!!

FACT: It is wrong to abort LIFE!
It is WRONG, it is evil to KILL for self gain!
The question all must ask.. WHO GAINS??
Does the aborted baby?!
Illegalcombatant
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/1/2013 8:25:03 PM
At 9/30/2013 11:41:26 PM, Dogknox wrote:
Illegalcombatant You ask.. Is it loving to force a woman to go through with a pregnancy against her will ?

Illegalcombatant but, it is LOVING to go to the full term even when you do not want the child... GIVING of your self...

Does the aborted baby?!

The question must be asked, can we make "love" compatible with anything and everything ? Yes.

You can torture heretics to death, as long as you tell yourself you are saving their souls and the souls of others would would here there hersey and thus would be led to hell with it.

You can tell gays that God will burn them in hell fire for as long as you tell yourself you are saving them from hell, and boy, what could be more loving than that ?

You say to have an abortion is not a loving act, good for you.

I can claim that denying a women an abortion is not a loving act.

Now what ?
Dogknox
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/2/2013 10:45:02 AM
At 10/1/2013 8:25:03 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 9/30/2013 11:41:26 PM, Dogknox wrote:

Does the aborted baby?!

The question must be asked, can we make "love" compatible with anything and everything ? Yes.

You can torture heretics to death, as long as you tell yourself you are saving their souls and the souls of others would would here there hersey and thus would be led to hell with it.

You can tell gays that God will burn them in hell fire for as long as you tell yourself you are saving them from hell, and boy, what could be more loving than that ?

You say to have an abortion is not a loving act, good for you.

I can claim that denying a women an abortion is not a loving act.

Now what ?

Thank you for your post..
I reply: You CAN'T torture heretics to death.
The Heretic is a FALSE TEACHER they are to be treated as Pagan....
Pagan: A person OUTSIDE of the body of God!

You said.. You can tell gays that God will burn them in hell fire..
I reply.. YUP because this is what God tells them in the scriptures!!!
Illegalcombatant It is not wrong to warn anyone of danger!

Should I not warn you if you are about to step off of a cliff?????
Illegalcombatant Should I just let you step off????!!!

1 Corinthians 6:9
Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men

Nor men who have sex with men!!!

LOOK right up there with murder!!!
Matthew 15:19
For out of the heart come evil thoughts"murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

Romans 1:24
Therefore God gave them over in the sinful desires of their hearts to sexual impurity for the degrading of their bodies with one another.

Romans 1:26
Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones.

1 Corinthians 10:8
We should not commit sexual immorality, as some of them did"and in one day twenty-three thousand of them died.

2 Peter 2:6
if he condemned the cities of Sodom and Gomorrah by burning them to ashes, and made them an example of what is going to happen to the ungodly;

Jude 1:7
In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

You said.. I can claim that denying a women an abortion is not a loving act.

It is wrong to KILL!
Killing a baby to make the mothers life easier is not the answer!
"Hmmm.. I am pregnant I do not want the baby... What oh what to do....? OH I KNOW what I will do; I will KILL IT, surely this will solve MY problem!!

Illegalcombatant killing the baby will not solve the babies problem of... "How to get born!?"
Killing the INNOCENT is what they did to Jesus.. They killed Jesus to solve their problem!