Jump to topic:

No longer Christian

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 7:27:06 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I had a profound realization recently, that I no longer identify as a Christian. I was not acting like one, I said I was one, but I truly didn't feel it. Examining, I found my beliefs and philosophies were more in line with a Taoist mindset, and now...

It is like a dam has burst and my understanding, perception, beliefs of the world have changed, and for the better. Things that I was not grasping before, I am suddenly instinctually understanding. I feel more empowered, I do not feel that am "serving" anyone. I am simply being, in the moment. Balance, harmony, compassion, and love, are coursing through me to the point where I am simply at an emotional high.

wu lian shou fu and namaste :)
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 7:34:09 PM
At 10/3/2013 7:27:06 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
I had a profound realization recently, that I no longer identify as a Christian. I was not acting like one, I said I was one, but I truly didn't feel it. Examining, I found my beliefs and philosophies were more in line with a Taoist mindset, and now...

It is like a dam has burst and my understanding, perception, beliefs of the world have changed, and for the better. Things that I was not grasping before, I am suddenly instinctually understanding. I feel more empowered, I do not feel that am "serving" anyone. I am simply being, in the moment. Balance, harmony, compassion, and love, are coursing through me to the point where I am simply at an emotional high.

I used to be a Christian by name once... But realized how hypocritical and blasphemous that was... Kinda sad to know this, but what can I do?
Your still cool person though.. Don't get me wrong.. Just this is different..
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:23:17 PM
What?!? I though you were a divine saint of flying spaghetti God. Have you become a heretic, denying is noodly goodness?
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:29:34 PM
At 10/3/2013 8:23:17 PM, Disquisition wrote:
What?!? I though you were a divine saint of flying spaghetti God. Have you become a heretic, denying is noodly goodness?

Look, even though I may not agree with his decision but that doesn't give you the right to mock him :/
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:32:33 PM

I did that mainly as a joke in response to BornofGod lol
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:33:20 PM
At 10/3/2013 8:29:34 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Look, even though I may not agree with his decision but that doesn't give you the right to mock him :/

I don't think he really disagrees with it, he was being humurous. Its more likely from what I can tell that you disagree with it, and are simply projecting that disagreement onto his statement.
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:37:41 PM
At 10/3/2013 8:33:20 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

I don't think he really disagrees with it, he was being humurous. Its more likely from what I can tell that you disagree with it, and are simply projecting that disagreement onto his statement.

Well Budda, I don't find that amusing or funny. That's why I said something. Even if it was a "joke". And that was my way of looking out for your interest. Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I'm gonna judge you. Ya know... That's not who I am...
"Good Times" ~ Max
Disquisition
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:40:18 PM

It was a inside joke okay
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:40:50 PM
At 10/3/2013 8:37:41 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 10/3/2013 8:33:20 PM, Buddamoose wrote:

Well Budda, I don't find that amusing or funny. That's why I said something. Even if it was a "joke". And that was my way of looking out for your interest. Just because I don't agree doesn't mean I'm gonna judge you. Ya know... That's not who I am...

Fair enough
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 8:41:18 PM
At 10/3/2013 8:40:18 PM, Disquisition wrote:

It was a inside joke okay

Okay...
"Good Times" ~ Max
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 9:36:26 PM

Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 9:39:33 PM
At 10/3/2013 9:36:26 PM, drafterman wrote:

thats honestly what it feels like, like my mind has been freed, and I am seeing everything in a different perspective, a different view than I was before, and that is just feeding my understanding even more
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 9:46:39 PM
Budda: " I said I was one, but I truly didn't feel it."

Anna: That's normal. Christianity isn't a feeling, nor is it based upon feelings. Don't forget: sincerely believing a lie induces the same feelings - the same chemical releases, uptakes, modifications, etc - as sincerely believing the truth.

Budda: "I am simply at an emotional high."

Anna: I think that sums it up. Women fake orgasms to induce the same feelings in their partners.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 9:55:32 PM
Budda: "I did that mainly as a joke in response to BornofGod lol"

Anna: As was my response. You know, what gets me is that he doesn't even know the meaning of I John 3: 9,

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

Easiest passage in the world, yet that is why he thinks he is a sinless saint. I noticed that poor Matt Slick, everybody's favorite smatterer, makes about as bad of a mistake as borno:

Slick: "What is happening is that John is saying that the one who is born again does not habitually abide in sin. He may fall into it, but he does not practice it as a lifestyle. The nuances of the Greek language are not carried over to the English, but when we understand what is happening we then see there is no problem."

That's not much better. A little bit but not much.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 10:37:29 PM
Anna, hit right on point.
"Good Times" ~ Max
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/3/2013 11:08:00 PM
At 10/3/2013 10:37:29 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I've had people tell me that the passage meant that they could sin with their body, but their soul or spirit couldn't sin - that it was just impossible, because:

"he cannot sin, because he is born of God"

Of course, bornofGod just surmises that he doesn't sin, period - body, mind, soul, spirit, and whatever else he thinks he has. He's one of "us sinless saints". I have wondered if he really believes that stuff he types - or if he just does it to elicit reaction and attention.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 7:54:01 AM
At 10/3/2013 11:08:00 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/3/2013 10:37:29 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

I've had people tell me that the passage meant that they could sin with their body, but their soul or spirit couldn't sin - that it was just impossible, because:

"he cannot sin, because he is born of God"

Of course, bornofGod just surmises that he doesn't sin, period - body, mind, soul, spirit, and whatever else he thinks he has. He's one of "us sinless saints". I have wondered if he really believes that stuff he types - or if he just does it to elicit reaction and attention.

He does believe what he types :/ but I understand exactly what you mean.
"Good Times" ~ Max
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 9:17:33 AM

What can I say other than enjoy it while it is available to you, because there is no future for it, or for you if you remains in it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/4/2013 12:04:41 PM
At 10/4/2013 9:17:33 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

What can I say other than enjoy it while it is available to you, because there is no future for it, or for you if you remains in it.
What are you on about madman, you aren't a christian you are a wannabe jehovian.
Get your sh!t together.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 1:44:10 PM

That's okay with our Creator who planned for you to leave your false Christian beliefs behind and get trapped by other false religious ideas. At least you don't have to run around and pretend you're "born again" like all the other deceived Christians. Only us born again saints have the invisible knowledge to understand the prophecies in Daniel and Revelation about the false religion of Christianity ( feet of iron and clay ).
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 6:20:22 PM
At 10/5/2013 1:44:10 PM, bornofgod wrote:

( feet of iron and clay ).

won't get very far with feet made out of that
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 6:25:36 PM

Congrats :D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Paradox_7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 7:08:15 PM
At 10/3/2013 9:55:32 PM, annanicole wrote:
Budda: "I did that mainly as a joke in response to BornofGod lol"

Anna: As was my response. You know, what gets me is that he doesn't even know the meaning of I John 3: 9,

"Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God."

Easiest passage in the world, yet that is why he thinks he is a sinless saint. I noticed that poor Matt Slick, everybody's favorite smatterer, makes about as bad of a mistake as borno:

Slick: "What is happening is that John is saying that the one who is born again does not habitually abide in sin. He may fall into it, but he does not practice it as a lifestyle. The nuances of the Greek language are not carried over to the English, but when we understand what is happening we then see there is no problem."

That's not much better. A little bit but not much.

What do you think it means?
: At 10/23/2012 8:06:03 PM, tvellalott wrote:
: Don't be. The Catholic Church is ran by Darth Sidius for fvck sake. As far as I'm concerned, you're a bona fide member of the Sith.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 1:24:59 AM

Congrats... whatever makes you happy..

And I have to admit I'll feel a little less guilty now when I blaspheme against Christianity when we chat.
Debate.org Moderator
Buddamoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 10:06:37 AM
At 10/6/2013 1:24:59 AM, airmax1227 wrote:

Congrats... whatever makes you happy..

And I have to admit I'll feel a little less guilty now when I blaspheme against Christianity when we chat.

you felt guilty about it? Lol, there was no need to be. I can take a joke just as well as anyone. Besides, I "blasphemed" or poked fun at Judaism too, so bah
-Airmax1227

"Was he the sun?"

-Kazekirion
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 10:28:48 AM

What are your beliefs on good and evil?
Sitara
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2013 10:31:03 AM
At 10/4/2013 9:17:33 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

He makes me mad, but that was uncalled for. Religion is a joke.