Jump to topic:

Who do you trust - Science or God?

MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 12:16:09 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Anyone who knows how the scientific community operates knows that getting objective results from a scientific is about as easy as finding hen's teeth.

Why?

All research is Grant funded, so the one who controls the grant controls the research, and no scientist will give such an interested party results that will cause the funding to stop.

Without funding the scientist starves, simple as that. Therefore only scientists who tell their funders what they want to hear keep their funding.

Most funding, the vast majority in fact, comes from sources with vested interests.

God on the other hand has nothing to gain, since we can do nothing to benefit him, but we have much to gain from listening to him.

Everlasting life on a paradise earth in perfect health, and in perfect peace for one thing.

His protection even now for another.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 12:50:11 PM
At 10/7/2013 12:30:06 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
I like how you typed this false dichotomy out on a computer.

Nothing false about it, one of my best friends is an Earth Scientist involved in the Mars Lander Project.

That is the big weakness in science, and the only way to get round it would be "Blind Funding" where the Scientist had no idea where the funding was coming from and the funder had no idea who was doing the research, but that will never happened because neither Governments nor industry will ever finance anything they cannot control.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 12:56:51 PM
At 10/7/2013 12:50:11 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

Noth-

Science
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 1:07:58 PM
I'm sure most theists would even agree: science.

"All the theists I know...They would say that if they had make a choice between saying that 'all of science is false', or 'theism is false'; they would say that 'theism is false'" - Quentin Smith
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 1:18:48 PM
At 10/7/2013 1:07:58 PM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

"All the theists I know...They would say that if they had make a choice between saying that 'all of science is false', or 'theism is false'; they would say that 'theism is false'" - Quentin Smith

All that proves is how little they know about how science works, let alone about human nature, and they certainty don't know God, the original scientist.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 1:22:02 PM
At 10/7/2013 1:18:48 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

All that proves is how little they know about how science works, let alone about human nature, and they certainty don't know God, the original scientist.

All your statement proves is how little you know about rationality. You would be retarded to pick 'theism is true' over 'science is true". You would have to deny the words you are typing, as this is all science how we are communicating.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 1:22:29 PM
At 10/7/2013 1:18:48 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

All-

Science
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 2:10:49 PM
At 10/7/2013 12:16:09 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Anyone who knows how the scientific community operates knows that getting objective results from a scientific is about as easy as finding hen's teeth.

Why?

All research is Grant funded, so the one who controls the grant controls the research, and no scientist will give such an interested party results that will cause the funding to stop.

Without funding the scientist starves, simple as that. Therefore only scientists who tell their funders what they want to hear keep their funding.

Most funding, the vast majority in fact, comes from sources with vested interests.

God on the other hand has nothing to gain, since we can do nothing to benefit him, but we have much to gain from listening to him.

Everlasting life on a paradise earth in perfect health, and in perfect peace for one thing.

His protection even now for another.

I trust our Creator who created scientists to help us saints understand wavelengths of energy, the invisible Kingdom of God that all us saints speak from called "Christ". Without the latest technology, we wouldn't have learned the intricate details of how God created us "beings" as invisible wavelengths of energy.

We're also learning that processed energy through the brains of God's created "beings" is how we get life experiences in a visible realm called the Earthly Kingdom. Scientists are finally learning that energy is information but they still don't have the knowledge of God that shows us that energy wavelengths are God's stored thoughts that were spoken into existence from His Word, also known as His voice.

He's also teaching me that energy doesn't need any space to exist because there's no mass, time or space within His mind where His creation exists. God had to give us a defined world, visions or dreams in order for us to understand who we are in Him. Without this visible world, God wouldn't have been able to teach us that we're all invisible energy.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 2:28:25 PM
A make-believe world is a world created in the mind of our Creator. Where did you think our make-believe world came from?

Science has brought us closer to God in fifty years than Christianity has in 1600 years.

I can"t think of a better way to explain God than to say, "He did it."

The difference between the Christian church and the true invisible church of Christ is that one of them is Christ and the other is looking for the true church they can never see.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 5:06:15 PM
The sinners under God's delusion can only trust this world and their own interpretations of the scriptures. This makes it impossible for sinners to trust our Creator that only us saints can trust because we know Him. Sinners don't know our Creator, therefore, they have to trust in visible things they can see and touch in this world. This is why they use false idols and gods to satisfy their flesh instead of knowing our invisible existence within the mind of our invisible Creator.

How can Christians, who reject most scienctific theories about energy, believe in a Creator of ALL things, including science and all the data that God created for them to experience?

Most Christians ask me where "energy" can be found in their Bible. They don't understand that the names, Christ, Kingdom of God, Light, Eternal Life, etc. are symbolic names for invisible energy, which God had scientists testify to in the last 150 years.
Graincruncher
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 5:52:04 PM
I trust science as a method for progress, discovery, peace and prosperity infinitely more than I trust religion as a method to any of them.
popculturepooka
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 6:22:40 PM

Nothing false about it, one of my best friends is an Earth Scientist involved in the Mars Lander Project.

What does that have to do with your false dichotomy?

That is the big weakness in science, and the only way to get round it would be "Blind Funding" where the Scientist had no idea where the funding was coming from and the funder had no idea who was doing the research, but that will never happened because neither Governments nor industry will ever finance anything they cannot control.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 6:37:19 PM
At 10/7/2013 6:22:40 PM, popculturepooka wrote:

What does that have to do with your false dichotomy?

It isn't a false dichotomy.

What I stated about how science works is what I have been told by scientists such as my friend.

annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 7:56:16 PM
Borno: "Most Christians ask me where "energy" can be found in their Bible. "

Anna: I doubt any have asked you that, but it is found in Rom 1: 16,

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

The gospel is the inherent power, power residing in the gospel by virtue of its nature, and the energy exerted by it.

Borno: "They don't understand that the names, Christ, Kingdom of God, Light, Eternal Life, etc. are symbolic names for invisible energy, which God had scientists testify to in the last 150 years."

Anna: I seem to have forgotten the names of those scientists. That sounds like some stuff made up by Mrs. Mary Baker Glover Patterson Eddy.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 8:20:06 PM
At 10/7/2013 7:56:16 PM, annanicole wrote:

"For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

The gospel is the inherent power, power residing in the gospel by virtue of its nature, and the energy exerted by it.

Power is not energy

Borno: "They don't understand that the names, Christ, Kingdom of God, Light, Eternal Life, etc. are symbolic names for invisible energy, which God had scientists testify to in the last 150 years."

Anna: I seem to have forgotten the names of those scientists. That sounds like some stuff made up by Mrs. Mary Baker Glover Patterson Eddy.
starlite68
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 11:03:10 PM
I trust God....here is an example of why. Blackpoll warblers of North America, which weigh only three quarters of an ounce [20 gm], are the greatest marathon fliers. On their journey to South America, they fly 2,300"miles [3,700"km] non<x>stop across the Atlantic in just three and a half days. This extraordinary endurance test has been compared to a man running 1,200 four-minute miles [1,900"km] without stopping. The warbler burns up nearly half its body weight during this trip.

It knows how to choose the right autumn weather to fly from Alaska to New England. There it fattens up on good food and awaits a cold front. Then it takes off, flying up to 20,000"feet (6,100"m) and more to catch the jet stream heading out toward Africa, until the warbler is caught by a prevailing wind that sweeps it down to its destination in South America. The warbler"s instinctive know-how is programmed into a brain the size of a pea. Can evolution explain how such instinct came about? I don't think so but, the Bible points out that Jehovah is the all-wise "Maker of heaven and earth, of the sea, and of all that is in them," including those creatures that are "instinctively wise.""Psalm 146:5,"6; Proverbs 30:24-28.
You will know the truth and the truth will set you free.....
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2013 11:58:52 PM

Borno: Power is not energy

Anna: Tsk, tsk.

Definition of energy: " usable power" .... "vigorous exertion of power" .... "power" .... "an abundant or adequate amount of power" ... "vigor; power" .... "a source of usable power" .... "power derived from the utilization of physical or chemical resources" .... " a form of power"

Dictionary.com
Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Thefreedictionary.com
Oxforddictionary
Macmillandictionary

Power = "The energy or motive force by which a physical system or machine is operated" (freedictionary.com)

The gospel is the inherent power, power residing in it by virtue of its nature power, the energy, the motive force of God unto salvation.

Thus, if any Christian asks you where the energy is and what it is, you can tell 'em that it's the gospel of Jesus Christ - the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ, with their associated commands and promises. And this power or energy is unto, in view of an as-yet-unreached end, salvation.

Don't just make up things.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 12:06:12 AM
LOL I thought that was borno's comment.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 12:08:32 AM
At 10/7/2013 11:03:10 PM, starlite68 wrote:
I trust God....here is an example of why. Blackpoll warblers of North America, which weigh only three quarters of an ounce [20 gm], are the greatest marathon fliers. On their journey to South America, they fly 2,300"miles [3,700"km] non<x>stop across the Atlantic in just three and a half days. This extraordinary endurance test has been compared to a man running 1,200 four-minute miles [1,900"km] without stopping. The warbler burns up nearly half its body weight during this trip.

It knows how to choose the right autumn weather to fly from Alaska to New England. There it fattens up on good food and awaits a cold front. Then it takes off, flying up to 20,000"feet (6,100"m) and more to catch the jet stream heading out toward Africa, until the warbler is caught by a prevailing wind that sweeps it down to its destination in South America. The warbler"s instinctive know-how is programmed into a brain the size of a pea. Can evolution explain how such instinct came about? I don't think so but, the Bible points out that Jehovah is the all-wise "Maker of heaven and earth, of the sea, and of all that is in them," including those creatures that are "instinctively wise.""Psalm 146:5,"6; Proverbs 30:24-28.

Yeah.
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com...
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com...
http://www.jstor.org...
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 12:11:12 AM
Why always put God and science as opponents ?! as God is the maker of the universe, science can never disprove him. except with unproved theories.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/8/2013 3:49:06 AM
At 10/8/2013 12:37:21 AM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
TRUST NO ONE. QUESTION EVERYTHlNG.

Good for you, I agree 100% on that. God doesn't mind being checked out, in fact he welcomes it, human's rarely do.