Jump to topic:

Pokemon is evil.

InquireTruth
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 2:43:18 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
Oh man, haha. You could tell he really knows nothing about Pokemon. That was so ridiculous how he tried to spin the word "master" into some eastern mysticism crap.
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 2:45:10 PM
This reminds me of the Harry Potter incidents. People need to chill. No one thinks it's real.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 3:01:44 PM
The blonde shaking her head yes about 1:22 is priceless. You know she got lost in the speech at the 15 second mark.

2:00 = Dungeons and Dragons = evil
3:10 = Rock music
3:14= TV shows
3:20 = Movies
3:21 = Internet
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 3:03:56 PM
If I had never discovered pokemon, I doubt I would have discovered anarchism.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 3:07:37 PM
At 12/24/2009 3:03:56 PM, Reasoning wrote:
If I had never discovered pokemon, I doubt I would have discovered anarchism.

See! Pokemon is the devil.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 3:14:33 PM
*Picture of Jigglypuff*

Can't you just see the evil?
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 3:47:24 PM
At 12/24/2009 3:43:55 PM, wjmelements wrote:
I don't think anyone dies in Pokemon...

No, they don't. I think only maybe two people have ever died in the anime. So yeah, guns definately appear in Pokemon. No, an episode was banned for having a gun pointed at another person.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/24/2009 3:49:11 PM

Team Rocket's uncanny ability to return each episode is a subversion of the divine doctrine or repentance, salvation and damnation for the unrepentant. >.>
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 11:51:53 AM
At 12/24/2009 3:47:24 PM, mongoose wrote:

No, they don't. I think only maybe two people have ever died in the anime. So yeah, guns definately appear in Pokemon. No, an episode was banned for having a gun pointed at another person.

There are no guns in Yu Gi Oh, either, if you watch closely. The Abridged Series makes fun of that.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2010 1:25:56 PM
At 1/1/2010 11:51:53 AM, wjmelements wrote:

There are no guns in Yu Gi Oh, either, if you watch closely. The Abridged Series makes fun of that.

They did in the Japanese version.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2010 1:56:59 PM
At 1/3/2010 1:25:56 PM, Reasoning wrote:
At 1/1/2010 11:51:53 AM, wjmelements wrote:

They did in the Japanese version.

That was awsome.
SaintNick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2010 7:05:44 PM
Wasn't there something about people saying Harry Potter was evil because it contain dragons and warlocks and the middle American Christians flipped out? God forbid kids enjoy fantasy or make believe anymore...... unless it's in the form of religion, of course.
Metallicker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/3/2010 9:22:52 PM
Love how at the 2:30 mark he's saying "But they're so into this make believe world that they can't distinguish between fantasy and reality", and then goes on a religious rant about heaven and god and 'saving' people.

I wonder if he's asked himself how many people have been killed in the name of christianity vs how many have died from trying to steal little Johnny's limited edition level 42 golden charizard trading card?
leet4A1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/7/2010 6:22:13 PM
At 1/3/2010 9:22:52 PM, Metallicker wrote:
Love how at the 2:30 mark he's saying "But they're so into this make believe world that they can't distinguish between fantasy and reality", and then goes on a religious rant about heaven and god and 'saving' people.

I wonder if he's asked himself how many people have been killed in the name of christianity vs how many have died from trying to steal little Johnny's limited edition level 42 golden charizard trading card?

Lol, well that was a much sought-after card if I recall correctly. :)
"Let me tell you the truth. The truth is, 'what is'. And 'what should be' is a fantasy, a terrible terrible lie that someone gave to the people long ago. The 'what should be' never did exist, but people keep trying to live up to it. There is no 'what should be,' there is only what is." - Lenny Bruce

"Satan goes to church, did you know that?" - Godsands

"And Genisis 1 does match modern science... you just have to try really hard." - GR33K FR33K5
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2010 10:30:28 AM
Pokemon would benifit from allowing themselves to use words like 'magic' if they would stop caring what christians think. take the pokeball for example. Its spoken of like its tecknological, and yet their made from plants that grow on trees, they somehow convert a biological creature into energy without killing it too. So why not use it on people too, then team rocket would never blast of again cause ash is not insane enogh to go 'James, I choose you!'
if the explination was magic it would be easyier to assume these balls cant work on humans. they have come close when they use words like 'aura' though, witch is like DBZ kia.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2010 10:37:55 AM
At 1/12/2010 10:30:28 AM, Marauder wrote:
Pokemon would benifit from allowing themselves to use words like 'magic' if they would stop caring what christians think. take the pokeball for example. Its spoken of like its tecknological, and yet their made from plants that grow on trees, they somehow convert a biological creature into energy without killing it too. So why not use it on people too, then team rocket would never blast of again cause ash is not insane enogh to go 'James, I choose you!'
if the explination was magic it would be easyier to assume these balls cant work on humans. they have come close when they use words like 'aura' though, witch is like DBZ kia.

Its a kids TV show. Dont read too much into it.

The same goes for Teletubbies. What sort of magic or technology allows the damn sun to appear as a babies face. And everyone knows about the purple teletubby being gay and all.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2010 11:11:06 AM
At 1/12/2010 10:37:55 AM, tkubok wrote:

The same goes for Teletubbies. What sort of magic or technology allows the damn sun to appear as a babies face. And everyone knows about the purple teletubby being gay and all.

the age in this generation where a person seeks more intelligent entertainment is much lower now thanks to star treck. it is not uncommon for an 8 year old to understand the specific application for terms like tackeons and warp and matter and energy, ect. despite popular belief kids are not stupid and can develop into brainy dorks by the age of 8, Pokémon targets closer to this rgp video gaming age. tellitubbys does not.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/12/2010 12:59:24 PM
At 1/12/2010 11:11:06 AM, Marauder wrote:
At 1/12/2010 10:37:55 AM, tkubok wrote:

the age in this generation where a person seeks more intelligent entertainment is much lower now thanks to star treck. it is not uncommon for an 8 year old to understand the specific application for terms like tackeons and warp and matter and energy, ect. despite popular belief kids are not stupid and can develop into brainy dorks by the age of 8, Pokémon targets closer to this rgp video gaming age. tellitubbys does not.

Although my cousin has a 6 year old and has never heard of Star Trek, as he is more interested in child-like programs like Batman, again, pokemon is a childs video Game/tv show. It doesnt matter that you can point out, for example, why Batman doesnt simply kill his nemesis and blame it on an accident, as it seems as though the prison system is completely and utterly unreliable in keeping prisoners inside, or why the cops dont simply just shoot the villains on sight. Or why the villains have to have a long-winded speech or try to kill Batman in some sort of extremely complex plan, instead of just taking a gun to his head and firing.