Jump to topic:

Are you brave enough to consider this ?

rroberts
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 8:37:22 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just suppose that science finally solves the "Theory Of Everything" puzzle which they say would explain everything we now or in the future see happening in the world around us. Further, that all that is, mass, gravity, etc. did indeed spring from nothingness. And that the "TOE" above even explains how this happens. Perhaps showing that nothingness is unstable as suggested by Dawkins. And that things coming from and returning to nothingness is indeed the way things are.

Now the part you might find offensive, that a god is not necessary for all this to happen. Essentially, that there is no need of a god as we conceive him to be. That he doesn't need to exist. How would this affect your life as a living, breathing, thinking human? If suddenly all your religious beliefs were proven to be just things that the human mind has invented over the years. Ponder what would happen in your own mind. You would no doubt be disturbed but how would it affect you in your daily life?

Atheists would no doubt be delighted, but believers?........I wonder.
rr
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 9:19:02 AM
At 10/14/2013 8:37:22 AM, rroberts wrote:
Just suppose that science finally solves the "Theory Of Everything" puzzle which they say would explain everything we now or in the future see happening in the world around us. Further, that all that is, mass, gravity, etc. did indeed spring from nothingness. And that the "TOE" above even explains how this happens. Perhaps showing that nothingness is unstable as suggested by Dawkins. And that things coming from and returning to nothingness is indeed the way things are.

Now the part you might find offensive, that a god is not necessary for all this to happen. Essentially, that there is no need of a god as we conceive him to be. That he doesn't need to exist. How would this affect your life as a living, breathing, thinking human? If suddenly all your religious beliefs were proven to be just things that the human mind has invented over the years. Ponder what would happen in your own mind. You would no doubt be disturbed but how would it affect you in your daily life?

I can't see any reason to be delighted, my atheism needs no verification, my understanding of the human psyche's need for an explanation created these fantasies that resulted in a god concept even before the stone age. God is a concept born of primal, even primeval fear, of the unknown ie death.
Until the 19th century the childhood mortality rate (death before the age of five) in England was between 75% and 90%, it had been that for the entirety of mankinds existence.
In the stone age you produce 10-15 offspring in your lifetime of perhaps 30 years, your brain has developed a capacity for love and sympathy and empathy and wonder. What happens when 9 out of 10 of those offspring that you love die within 5 years. A very natural response is to HOPE that they have gone somewhere better.................hence we have the birth of god and his better place.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 5:15:47 PM

It sounds boring, we want to learn more! More!
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 5:17:43 PM

Everything we see is an illusion caused by vibrating energy called atomic elements in the retina's of our eyes, which are also illusions. Energy CANNOT be seen by any flesh of men.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/14/2013 5:31:49 PM
At 10/14/2013 5:17:43 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Everything we see is an illusion caused by vibrating energy called atomic elements in the retina's of our eyes, which are also illusions. Energy CANNOT be seen by any flesh of men.

We can all talk about vibrating energy and illusions, but you can't say much more on the subject without revealing that you actually know very little about it.

May the best man win!
johnlubba
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 10:12:45 AM
At 10/14/2013 5:31:49 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

We can all talk about vibrating energy and illusions, but you can't say much more on the subject without revealing that you actually know very little about it.

Well said.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 2:29:05 PM

I don't have to know all the details of how energy works to understand that we "beings" are created as energy and energy IS information, whether scientists believe that or not. They don't have the deeper meaning of what energy is because our Creator hasn't told them where it came from. But I do know where energy came from.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 2:59:27 PM
At 10/16/2013 2:29:05 PM, bornofgod wrote:

I don't have to know all the details of how energy works to understand that we "beings" are created as energy and energy IS information, whether scientists believe that or not. They don't have the deeper meaning of what energy is because our Creator hasn't told them where it came from. But I do know where energy came from.

The fact that in the past you've pretended to know more than you actually do is very telling.

May the best man win!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 3:26:22 PM
At 10/16/2013 2:59:27 PM, AlbinoBunny wrote:
At 10/16/2013 2:29:05 PM, bornofgod wrote:

The fact that in the past you've pretended to know more than you actually do is very telling.

I don't pretend anything. The Truth never changes but we saints have to be taught the Truth from basic understanding to begin with. We need to know what Truth is from point A to point B and to point C before we end up at point Z, meaning that the Truth becomes clearer and clearer to us as we testify to it in writing and speaking.

For example, God had me write many writings that still contained symbolic names and phrases out of the Bible until He got past the symbolism and began teaching me the meanings of them. "Christ" is NOT the name of the flesh of man that Christians believe in. Christ is the invisible knowledge of God contained in energy that vibrates in harmony called His perfect creation.

The first saint ( name unimportant ) was used to testify to this invisible knowledge that teaches us the past, present and future. It lets us know who we are as energy and how we were created. It teaches us what happened in the past and how religion got started through God's plan called the "beast".

This invisible knowledge isn't taught to prophets, Christians, Muslims, Jews or any other sinner during this first age although it comes in bits and pieces within all religions. But since they're all sinners, it's impossible for them to put these bits and pieces together to understand what us saints are taught in five years from our Creator.

There's no way we would understand how to build a mansion out of brick, mortar, marble and granite after learning how to build a log cabin from a Lincoln log cabin kit that we got as a child. It takes a lot of knowledge to build a mansion that some of these rich people build. They won't hire someone who only built a miniature log cabin as a child.

In fact, it took knowledge for me to learn how to work in the various internet religious forums that I preached in the last five years. Some of them were so confusing to work in that I was glad they banned me right away.
Suqua
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 12:56:46 AM

If nothing exists then nothing can happen! No offence.
Idealist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2013 1:45:33 AM

I don't know how the title "believer" applies to me, but I can't imagine a scenario in which scientists could ever prove there was no "God." Perhaps they could prove (as you said) that God wasn't strictly necessary for the evolutionary events of the universe we would be able to perceive, but not how it all began. But just for the heck of it, let's say they proved there was no Greater Intelligence of any kind. If that happened then I would research their findings carefully, and then accept them if they proved correct. No doubt I would be very disappointed, and I would lose much of the wonder I feel for the specialty of life and existence, but I I'm not one to deny facts.

I don't have any religious beliefs, so those wouldn't be affected. I would feel that mankind had taken a step backwards in terms of being special. Our worth would drop to that of a fungus infecting one's groin, scratching out a survival in any way we can while all along knowing that we will all ultimately die. All of the great works of man would take a different place in history. Intelligence would prove to be no more than an aberration. But I expect I would carry-on.

Now let me ask this - how do you think atheists would respond if it were proven that a god was likely, or possibly even necessary to our existence?
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2013 10:07:40 AM

I've been testifying to our invisible existence since I joined this forum but if you were made an unbeliever during this first age, then you won't understand anything I tell you about energy as being God's stored thoughts.