Jump to topic:

Islamic celebration od Sacrifice

Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 3:50:50 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Aka Eid Al Adha, the day Muslims around the world perpetuate the tradition of the Prophet Abraham -peace be upon him, that had to face the terrible trial from God to sacrifice his only son , then, Ismael.

"Surely Abraham was an example, obedient to Allah, by nature upright, and he was not of the polytheists. He was grateful for Our bounties. We chose him and guided him unto a right path. We gave him good in this world, and in the next he will most surely be among the righteous." (Qur'an 16:120-121)

He received the command as a dream (vision) :

And lo! of his persuasion verily was Abraham (83) When he came unto his Lord with a whole heart; (84) When he said unto his father and his folk: What is it that ye worship? (85) Is it a falsehood - gods beside Allah - that ye desire? (86) What then is your opinion of the Lord of the Worlds? (87) And he glanced a glance at the stars (88) Then said: Lo! I feel sick! (89) And they turned their backs and went away from him. (90) Then turned he to their gods and said: Will ye not eat? (91) What aileth you that ye speak not? (92) Then he attacked them, striking with his right hand. (93) And (his people) came toward him, hastening. (94) He said: Worship ye that which ye yourselves do carve (95) When Allah hath created you and what ye make? (96) They said: Build for him a building and fling him in the red-hotfire. (97) And they designed a snare for him, but We made them the undermost. (98) And he said: Lo! I am going unto my Lord Who will guide me. (99) My Lord! Vouchsafe me of the righteous. (100) So We gave him tidings of a gentle son. (101) And when (his son) was old enough to walk with him, (Abraham) said: O my dear son, I have seen in a dream that I must sacrifice thee. So look, what thinkest thou? He said: O my father! Do that which thou art commanded. Allah willing, thou shalt find me of the steadfast. (102) Then, when they had both surrendered (to Allah), and he had flung him down upon his face, (103) We called unto him: O Abraham! (104) Thou hast already fulfilled the vision. Lo! thus do We reward the good. (105) Lo! that verily was a clear test. (106) Then We ransomed him with a tremendous victim. (107) And We left for him among the later folk (the salutation): (108) Peace be unto Abraham! (109) Thus do We reward the good. (110) Lo! he is one of Our believing slaves. (111) And we gave him tidings of the birth of Isaac, a prophet of the righteous. (112) And We blessed him and Isaac. And of their seed are some who do good, and some who plainly wrong themselves. (113)

(Quran:37: 83-113)

So in this blessed day Muslims fulfil the command of sacrificing a cattle in the name of God and keep in mind that :

"It is not their meat nor their blood that reaches Allah; it is your piety that reaches Him." (Qur'an 22:37)

Which they do after the prayer and sermon of Eid.

HAPPY EID AL ADHA TO ALL MUSLIMS!!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 4:36:53 AM
At 10/15/2013 3:50:50 AM, Fruitytree wrote:
Aka Eid Al Adha, the day Muslims around the world perpetuate the tradition of the Prophet Abraham -peace be upon him, that had to face the terrible trial from God to sacrifice his only son , then, Ismael.

"Surely Abraham was an example, obedient to Allah, by nature upright, and he was not of the polytheists. He was grateful for Our bounties. We chose him and guided him unto a right path. We gave him good in this world, and in the next he will most surely be among the righteous." (Qur'an 16:120-121)

And lo! of his persuasion verily was Abraham (83) When he came unto his Lord with a whole heart; (84) When he said unto his father and his folk: What is it that ye worship? (85) Is it a falsehood - gods beside Allah - that ye desire? (86) What then is your opinion of the Lord of the Worlds? (87) And he glanced a glance at the stars (88) Then said: Lo! I feel sick! (89) And they turned their backs and went away from him. (90) Then turned he to their gods and said: Will ye not eat? (91) What aileth you that ye speak not? (92) Then he attacked them, striking with his right hand. (93) And (his people) came toward him, hastening. (94) He said: Worship ye that which ye yourselves do carve (95) When Allah hath created you and what ye make? (96) They said: Build for him a building and fling him in the red-hotfire. (97) And they designed a snare for him, but We made them the undermost. (98) And he said: Lo! I am going unto my Lord Who will guide me. (99) My Lord! Vouchsafe me of the righteous. (100) So We gave him tidings of a gentle son. (101) And when (his son) was old enough to walk with him, (Abraham) said: O my dear son, I have seen in a dream that I must sacrifice thee. So look, what thinkest thou? He said: O my father! Do that which thou art commanded. Allah willing, thou shalt find me of the steadfast. (102) Then, when they had both surrendered (to Allah), and he had flung him down upon his face, (103) We called unto him: O Abraham! (104) Thou hast already fulfilled the vision. Lo! thus do We reward the good. (105) Lo! that verily was a clear test. (106) Then We ransomed him with a tremendous victim. (107) And We left for him among the later folk (the salutation): (108) Peace be unto Abraham! (109) Thus do We reward the good. (110) Lo! he is one of Our believing slaves. (111) And we gave him tidings of the birth of Isaac, a prophet of the righteous. (112) And We blessed him and Isaac. And of their seed are some who do good, and some who plainly wrong themselves. (113)

So in this blessed day Muslims fulfil the command of sacrificing a cattle in the name of God and keep in mind that :

"It is not their meat nor their blood that reaches Allah; it is your piety that reaches Him." (Qur'an 22:37)

And to you
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
v3nesl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/15/2013 7:17:58 AM
At 10/15/2013 3:50:50 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

The trial of Abraham is one of the evidences for Christianity, actually. By itself the story of Abraham's sacrifice of Isaac is a very strange one, to put it mildly: Why would God ask Abraham to sacrifice his own son? It sounds too much like the horrible human sacrifice of the pagan religions. But when it is taken in the context of the complete plan of God, we can see how Abraham gave the world an understanding of what the sacrifice of God the Son, Jesus, meant to the Father. We see the terrible price our God was willing to pay for us, which shows the extent of his love.
This space for rent.