Jump to topic:

Questions to Islam

Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 2:03:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Islam started off with a military campaign and was quite successful. Nowadays it is quite widespread across multiple countries and cultures.

Here are some things I wish to know from a person who is a supporter of Islam
1) Why is there so much military action taken in the name of Islam nowadays?

2) Does the Qur'an really preach that non-believers deserve to die?
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 6:44:10 AM
At 10/16/2013 2:03:42 AM, Smithereens wrote:
Islam started off with a military campaign and was quite successful. Nowadays it is quite widespread across multiple countries and cultures.

So much military action in name of Islam? I don't know which side u r talking about; the military of US fighting with unjustified reasons in Iraq and Afghanistan, or the Al-Qaida militants. Both don't make sense! Hidden strategy is what's rarely known.

Rest is about "does really Quran preach that non-believers deserve to die? Answer is "No". Problem comes if one try to decide it on personal judgement. I say, what would be the way to know it really? 1. Read Quran 2. Ask those who know.

Now take it as if someone asks you to Read a paper and then writing a note on what did get you? You may have got zero marks in getting the central idea, without understanding the principles on which the paper was designed. So Reading Quran is workable only if the background context is considered properly. That background info can be taken from just those who actually follow Islam. If one study Islam, one would get to know, in whole Islamic world, it's notified that there would be around 72 sects, (presenting distinctive ideologies) and major point along with it is that only one would be on the right path, the 73th. This clearly implies that the one who is considering that non-believers deserve to be killed (just because they are non-believers), may have the possibility to be from one astray sect.

Now we have to see whether that sect represents true Islam or not. And what Islam says about "killing". The rule is if u r aimed to determine what Quran preaches, you would have to link up the verses with the nature of Islam itself. Studying Islam would tell u about the simultaneous following of Quran and Sunnah (details given by the Messenger Peace and Blessings be upon Him) But the root of this principle is again extracted from the Quran itself. Now if one refers to one verse of Quran, one can't neglect the other verse simultaneously that is requiring to follow the Sunnah. Now the interpretations would come from Sunnah. That's the Quranic principle to make it comprehensive. The other principle is there can't be any contradiction in between any verse or Sunnah, to make every part valid having special meaning. Now, when we got to know the significance of every part, it's clear like sun, that those who present verses out of context in isolation are actually distracting or dispatching from the principles. Further, Sunnah (Hadees) says the majority of Muslims will never get astray from the Path of True Islam. Another evident of how a minority of sects misrepresenting Islam.

Apart form philosophical view, u can see practically the big difference in between practices all over the world of Muslims and those of minority. Another evidence is that these kind of disruptions of misleading sects are already mentioned that the Muslim world is already aware of.

And in Islam killing a single innocent person (not only Muslim but a Human) is as sinful as killing the all humanity. There is a complete charter of peace not for only human beings but also for the birds and animals, including every single living being.

"Say: "O disbelievers! I worship not that you worship. And nor you worship what I worship. And I shall not worship what you worshipped. And nor you shall worship what I worship. For you, your religion. and for me my religion." (Quran: Surat Kafiron)

By directly addressing "Disbelievers" Freedom of choice is what Quran is clearly stating and giving. No force, no killing. Islam gives you an open choice. Note it, this Surat is really one of the last/ending part of Quran. (Means even after Reading all Quran, u r declared free to choose freely)

Hope my reply was somewhat relevant to ur demand.
Thanks!
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/16/2013 1:00:32 PM

Response:

1. Before the rule and domination of Western civilization, Islam was the most dominant law governing the world. The rule of Islamic government was defeated by corrupt muslim leaders, in which many cases, were supported by Western leaders to defeat the rule of Islam. Muslims and most who investigate the rise of the West know this. As a result, many muslims in muslim lands believe the West to be their oppressor, and wish to inspire and take military action.

2. The Qur'an does not preach that non-believers must die. That would be contrary to islamic teaching. For muslims are to spread the religion by preaching and teaching. How can this be done if everyone is dead? Islam teaches that there is no compulsion in religion (2:256) of the Qur'an and that it is forbidden to fight those who incline to peace (8:61).
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 8:19:34 AM

What military action can you see ?!! there are groups fighting for power, nothing to do with Islamic ways..

The disbelievers who fight Muslims yes, but not about any disbeliever.

Please read here

http://www.islam-qa.com...

Killing a non-combatant, an ally , women, kids, priests, animals, all forbidden in Islam.

But fighting can't be up to individuals it's the ruler's responsibility.
Rational_Thinker9119
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 8:20:57 AM

Christianity teaches that non-believers deserve to be tortured for eternity in hell....
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 8:51:29 AM
At 10/17/2013 8:20:57AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote: : :At 10/16/2013 2:03:42AM, Smithereens wrote: : : Islam started off witha military campaignand was quite successful. Nowadays it is quite widespreadacross multiple countriesand cultures. : : : : Hereare some things I wish to know froma person who isa supporter of Islam : : 1) Why is there so much militaryaction taken in the name of Islam nowadays? : : : : 2) Does the Qur'an really preach that non-believers deserve to die? : : Christianity teaches that non-believers deserve to be tortured for eternity in hell....

Islam too, but that's God business, the OP is asking about the actual life I guess, when the responsibility is given to people.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 8:54:58 AM
At 10/16/2013 2:03:42AM, Smithereens wrote: : Islam started off witha military campaignand was quite successful.

Islam didn't start with military campaigns, but with call and preaching, the Muslims weren't allowed to fight for the first 10 years, until they had a land to which they immigrated, and became a country, and were still aggressed and attacked , God ordered them to fight.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 9:58:47 AM
At 10/16/2013 1:00:32 PM, Fatihah wrote:

Response:

1. Before the rule and domination of Western civilization, Islam was the most dominant law governing the world. The rule of Islamic government was defeated by corrupt muslim leaders, in which many cases, were supported by Western leaders to defeat the rule of Islam. Muslims and most who investigate the rise of the West know this. As a result, many muslims in muslim lands believe the West to be their oppressor, and wish to inspire and take military action.

2. The Qur'an does not preach that non-believers must die. That would be contrary to islamic teaching. For muslims are to spread the religion by preaching and teaching. How can this be done if everyone is dead? Islam teaches that there is no compulsion in religion (2:256) of the Qur'an and that it is forbidden to fight those who incline to peace (8:61).

Then why do Muslims kill Christians?
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 2:58:11 PM
At 10/17/2013 9:58:47 AM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Response:

Those who kill Christians that do not fight them are sinners , just like Christian kill Muslims ! there are strict rulings that protect Jews and Christians who live in Muslim territories.

In Egypt for example Christians have been attacked , then the odd crime was put on the Muslims brotherhood, then it was discovered that it was a manoeuvre from the actual military government to discredit the Muslim brotherhood! so most o the time it's sad political tricks!
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 3:27:54 PM
At 10/17/2013 2:58:11 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

Response:

Those who kill Christians that do not fight them are sinners , just like Christian kill Muslims ! there are strict rulings that protect Jews and Christians who live in Muslim territories.

In Egypt for example Christians have been attacked , then the odd crime was put on the Muslims brotherhood, then it was discovered that it was a manoeuvre from the actual military government to discredit the Muslim brotherhood! so most o the time it's sad political tricks!

When you say Christians have killed Muslims are you referring to hate? Actual killing?
And I'm a Christianand I've never killed a Muslim before.
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 3:46:34 PM
At 10/17/2013 3:27:54 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Response:

When you say Christians have killed Muslims are you referring to hate? Actual killing?

Well I meant exactly the same as you meant when you said why Muslims killed Christians, Most Muslims didn't kill anyone, the few that killed Christians didn't do it as an act of worship, but either hate or political things or plain murder.
Smithereens
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 4:19:14 PM
At 10/17/2013 8:20:57 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

Christianity teaches that non-believers deserve to be tortured for eternity in hell....

Actually, Christianity teaches everyone deserves to be tortured for eternity in hell.
Music composition contest: http://www.debate.org...
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 4:37:28 PM
At 10/17/2013 8:20:57 AM, Rational_Thinker9119 wrote:

ALL mankind deserves God's wrath; hell for eternity.. Not just unbelievers..
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 4:38:28 PM
At 10/17/2013 3:46:34 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
At 10/17/2013 3:27:54 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Response:

Well I meant exactly the same as you meant when you said why Muslims killed Christians, Most Muslims didn't kill anyone, the few that killed Christians didn't do it as an act of worship, but either hate or political things or plain murder.

I see....
"Good Times" ~ Max
HPWKA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 5:01:41 PM

Experience from a minor is middle-eastern and Islamic studies.

1.) I want to preface my answer by saying that the "military action" undertaken in the name of Islam is 1000 fold less then the military action undertaken in the name of freedom and democracy.

To answer the question though. Violence is most strongly correlated with poverty and lack of education. Consequently, the Muslim world is not only one of the largest groups of people in the world, but one of the most poor, oppressed, and lacking in education. Therefore, its expected that they would have high incidence of violence.

2.) Obviously Islam is a religion, and the Quran is based on the premise that many non-believers will go to hell. However, the Quran forbids the killing of non-believers and believers, unless in self-defense. Obviously many terror groups manipulate the self-defense part to suit their benefits, but the Quran clearly does not give Muslims carte-blanche on killing random people for not believing.
Feelings are the fleeting fancy of fools.
The search for truth in a world of lies is the only thing that matters.
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 5:07:41 PM

Response:

The same reason Christians kill Muslims. God created a strong religious delusion in the minds of men that totally confuse them of who they are in Him. Their flesh was made to deceive them of their true spirit that was created in the mind of our Creator. So the real us are all in one spirit of God forever and ever. The flesh that kills each other doesn't know this during this age but all us saints know that the flesh is the enemy of God and man's spirit.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/17/2013 5:43:02 PM
At 10/17/2013 5:07:41 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Response:

The same reason Christians kill Muslims. God created a strong religious delusion in the minds of men that totally confuse them of who they are in Him. Their flesh was made to deceive them of their true spirit that was created in the mind of our Creator. So the real us are all in one spirit of God forever and ever. The flesh that kills each other doesn't know this during this age but all us saints know that the flesh is the enemy of God and man's spirit.

Dude, what church do you attend? And what Bible do you read?
"Good Times" ~ Max
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 12:32:49 PM
At 10/17/2013 5:43:02 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

Response:

I am the true invisible Church of Christ where all the original scriptures came from. All my written, spoken and bodily testimonies come from this invisible Kingdom of God, which is my created existence where ALL God's creation exists.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 10:16:11 PM
At 10/18/2013 12:32:49 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Response:

I am the true invisible Church of Christ where all the original scriptures came from. All my written, spoken and bodily testimonies come from this invisible Kingdom of God, which is my created existence where ALL God's creation exists.

So, what exactly is it that you've done research through collided all of it and created your own religious beliefs?
"Good Times" ~ Max
Fatihah
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/18/2013 10:32:32 PM

Response: They don't. For I've never killed anyone.
Composer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 3:11:27 AM
On The BBC World News this morning it said that Police in England were now protecting Muslims from other Moslems that disagreed with them!
bornofgod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:54:21 AM
At 10/18/2013 10:16:11 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 10/18/2013 12:32:49 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Response:

So, what exactly is it that you've done research through collided all of it and created your own religious beliefs?

God created everything as wavelengths of energy before any of this energy can be processed into illusions of flesh and the things of this world. This is our Heavenly Kingdom where we came from that was spoken into existence from the thoughts of God.

God created religion as a deception during this first age to keep His people confused while He draws His prophets and saints out of this delusion to use their bodies for His purpose to reveal Himself and to let us know who we are in His mind.

I'm the last saint in this world that He's using for the purpose to reveal the last details of who we are. By the use of His scientists, He has revealed that we are wavelengths of energy, which is the lowest form of bits of information. This is our real existence as His stored thoughts but in order to experience a defined world and a flesh, these bits of information has to be processed through the brains of His created "beings". Even our brain is made up of energy ( information ) that processes other information ( wavelengths of energy ) into illusions that make sense to us. In other words, our created "being" is only information that needs a flesh to experience a world that appears real to us so that we can understand our created existence in the mind of our Creator.

None of this information we saints receive requires a religion. In fact, God draws us away from religion before we're born into this knowledge by removing the Old Covenant "veil" that blocks ALL His people from this hidden knowledge. I'm the last saint with this knowledge of God and the reason my posts seem so different than anyone elses in this forum.

Here's a prophecy that shows we saints would be speaking something different than what the world does.

Jeremiah 15:
15: Behold, I am bringing upon you a nation from afar, O house of Israel, says the LORD. It is an enduring nation, it is an ancient nation, a nation whose language you do not know, nor can you understand what they say.