johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/26/2009 7:51:35 PM
Posted: 6 years ago
http://ddofans.com...

Help me finish this :)
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2009 9:03:40 PM
Banker is scared and will not post.
Having problems with the fans site? Suggestions? Can't log in? Forgot your password? Want to be an editor and write opinion pieces? PM Me and I'll get it sorted out.

ddofans.com
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/27/2009 10:07:32 PM
I don't like Banker anymore than the next guy. But don't you think a fansite ought to highlight the good stuff, and not be used as a way to gang up on a few users?

I guess that's one of my complaints with what you've done to the website: you've made it a little too negative.
Television Rot: http://tvrot.com...
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 8:09:46 AM
If the truth happens to be negative, we report it.

All info is clearly cited.

ddofans.com
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 12:33:32 PM
At 12/28/2009 8:09:46 AM, johngriswald wrote:

Truth is relative. :P

No, but seriously, a fansite should focus on the positive aspects of its subject, not the worst. So, yeah, a fansite is biased. Isn't that the point? You'll notice that Tiger Woods' fan sites aren't particularly harsh on him, and that David Letterman's aren't either. And even golf-news websites aren't being tremendously harsh on Tiger relative to what the media is doing.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 8:51:49 PM
At 12/28/2009 12:33:32 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

Truth is relative. :P
Ok Kelly

No, but seriously, a fansite should focus on the positive aspects of its subject, not the worst.
Obviously someone has never watched the news.

So, yeah, a fansite is biased. Isn't that the point?
Depends on who you're a fan of. If you're a fan of Phil and expect to cum every time you visit the main page then expect to be disapointed. This fan site is a fan of the members of this site and the culture of this site. Not the creator who spends more time banning other members on a whim then does making features to improve the site and participating with us in debates/forums.

You'll notice that Tiger Woods' fan sites aren't particularly harsh on him, and that David Letterman's aren't either. And even golf-news websites aren't being tremendously harsh on Tiger relative to what the media is doing.

This is a debate site. What are we if not harsh people who have too much time on our hands and are using this as a channel because people IRL don't want to discuss these topics which we pursue with such vigor.

ddofans.com
PoeJoe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 9:49:37 PM
At 12/28/2009 8:51:49 PM, johngriswald wrote:
At 12/28/2009 12:33:32 PM, PoeJoe wrote:

No, but seriously, a fansite should focus on the positive aspects of its subject, not the worst.
Obviously someone has never watched the news.

But DDOFans isn't the news. It's a fansite. It should be generally positive.

So, yeah, a fansite is biased. Isn't that the point?
Depends on who you're a fan of. If you're a fan of Phil and expect to cum every time you visit the main page then expect to be disapointed. This fan site is a fan of the members of this site and the culture of this site. Not the creator who spends more time banning other members on a whim then does making features to improve the site and participating with us in debates/forums.

I'd argue that a fansite based on a concept--in this case a community--should support it's creator. But that's not even relevant.

I'm just saying that the fansite should probably not be used as an all-out assault on banker. Yeah, he's annoying. Yeah, I don't like him. But, after all, it's a fansite. It should be positive. Why use such a supposedly fun thing and turn it into a form of attack? Don't we have DDO for that already?

You'll notice that Tiger Woods' fan sites aren't particularly harsh on him, and that David Letterman's aren't either. And even golf-news websites aren't being tremendously harsh on Tiger relative to what the media is doing.

This is a debate site. What are we if not harsh people who have too much time on our hands and are using this as a channel because people IRL don't want to discuss these topics which we pursue with such vigor.

Not relevant. Yes, we're debaters. Yes, we like to argue, and we argue plenty on this site. But surely the fansite should be used for more positive purposes.

A fansite should strive to include everyone in the community, and if not everyone, then it should strive to highlight only what we love about it.
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:03:40 PM
At 12/28/2009 9:49:37 PM, PoeJoe wrote:
But DDOFans isn't the news. It's a fansite. It should be generally positive.
It's much more than a fansite PoeJoe.

I'd argue that a fansite based on a concept--in this case a community--should support it's creator. But that's not even relevant.

I was not created by Phil.

I'm just saying that the fansite should probably not be used as an all-out assault on banker.

How is it an assault? It just reports the views of many members about his antiquities.

Yeah, he's annoying. Yeah, I don't like him. But, after all, it's a fansite. It should be positive. Why use such a supposedly fun thing and turn it into a form of attack? Don't we have DDO for that already?

I fail to see how negative cannot be fun. The entire site is packed full of fun. You're just a fun sucker. Possibly a black hole of fun.

should be used for more positive purposes.

Tell you what, since you're such a shining beam of light compared to my dark dreadful site, how about starting an opinion column on it? Why not contribute to the wiki and add beaming smilely faces and positive remarks about everyone. It will counter my evil designs for destroying the world through my extreme negativity.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:42:19 PM
http://www.debate.org...

The challenge has been offered.

ddofans.com
wjmelements
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 10:51:47 PM
At 12/28/2009 10:42:19 PM, johngriswald wrote:

I'll bet my avatar that he'll reject or wait until it expires.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/28/2009 11:06:46 PM
At 12/28/2009 10:51:47 PM, wjmelements wrote:
At 12/28/2009 10:42:19 PM, johngriswald wrote:

I'll bet my avatar that he'll reject or wait until it expires.

Lol i won't take that bet lol. Also plan on offering it to him until he accepts.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 11:22:48 AM
Banker is trying to avoid me. Little does he know my abilities to repeatedly ask him these questions until I receive an answer. The enigma known as banker will be revealed.

ddofans.com
johngriswald
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 11:50:06 AM
1. As of yet, Banker has not posted to any forum topic that wasn't created by him.

2. All of his threads involve Islam.

3. Banker has only created his threads in the News, Politics, Religion, and Society Forums. However he prefers the Religion and Society forums (most his threads located there).

4. Banker tends to follow a hit and run policy when being confronted. If he is questioned about his peculiars in a thread he will either ignore the question and respond to everyone else. If everyone else joins in the question, banker will create a new thread with a new topic until confronted again.

ddofans.com
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/1/2010 12:36:26 PM
At 1/1/2010 11:50:06 AM, johngriswald wrote:
1. As of yet, Banker has not posted to any forum topic that wasn't created by him.

2. All of his threads involve Islam.

3. Banker has only created his threads in the News, Politics, Religion, and Society Forums. However he prefers the Religion and Society forums (most his threads located there).

4. Banker tends to follow a hit and run policy when being confronted. If he is questioned about his peculiars in a thread he will either ignore the question and respond to everyone else. If everyone else joins in the question, banker will create a new thread with a new topic until confronted again.

It's Banker you're dealing with. It's how he rolls. :P