Jump to topic:

The Christian God

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 5:37:57 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
So basically this dude is just on a huge power trip, no? Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the central tenet of Christianity is submission to this dude even though we're all inherently evil, right? And then if we don't submit to him, as the inherently evil people we are, we burn eternally, and if we do, we go to heaven as evil bitches really?

Yeah, that's a messed up religion dudes.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 5:46:32 PM
I would say it is much more reasonable and moral to teach children that they have just been afraid rather than telling them they're inherently evil. Anyone else?
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:05:46 PM
At 10/19/2013 5:37:57 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
So basically this dude is just on a huge power trip, no? Now correct me if I'm wrong, but the central tenet of Christianity is submission to this dude even though we're all inherently evil, right? And then if we don't submit to him, as the inherently evil people we are, we burn eternally, and if we do, we go to heaven as evil bitches really?

First of all, he's not just some "dude" secondly, what's your direct question? Because it seems that your just babbling about stuff concerning God.. So what is it you wanna know directly? :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:06:39 PM
At 10/19/2013 6:05:46 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

First of all, he's not just some "dude" secondly, what's your direct question? Because it seems that your just babbling about stuff concerning God.. So what is it you wanna know directly? :)

So I've got everything right so far?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:11:01 PM
At 10/19/2013 6:06:39 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Nope. You have to drop the "inherently evil" bit. An infant is not born "inherently evil".
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:13:19 PM
At 10/19/2013 6:11:01 PM, annanicole wrote:

Nope. You have to drop the "inherently evil" bit. An infant is not born "inherently evil".

What's Jesus saving us from then?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:18:45 PM
At 10/19/2013 6:13:19 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Your own sins. An infant doesn't need "saving", for it was never "lost". You can't save something that isn't and wasn't lost.
Madcornishbiker: "No, I don't need a dictionary, I know how scripture uses words and that is all I need to now."
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:21:18 PM
At 10/19/2013 6:18:45 PM, annanicole wrote:

Your own sins. An infant doesn't need "saving", for it was never "lost". You can't save something that isn't and wasn't lost.

But the Bible says that everyone is guilty of sin...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:23:06 PM
And so babies were created to sin and so are inherently evil, no? Or, according to the Bible anyway.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:25:31 PM
Seriously guys, that's pretty messed up. You don't tell a child who's been brought to think bad thoughts through fear that it's because he or she is actually inherently evil and needs to submit to Jesus to be saved....... You tell them they've been afraid, but that that's not necessarily who they are, that we've all been afraid.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:26:26 PM
Or am I just some evil dude for not wanting to tell little kids that they're evil? I guess that might make sense.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:33:19 PM
"But the Bible says that everyone is guilty of sin..."

LMAO. No, it doesn't.

"And so babies were created to sin and so are inherently evil, no?"

I thought I already answered that. No.

"Seriously guys, that's pretty messed up."

Ummmm, yeah. You've already been told that there is no such thing as any "inherent depravity" due to some imaginary "Adamic sin". An infant born into the world inherits the consequences of Adam's sin just as an infants inherits many of the consequences of his/her parents' behavior. That's very different from inheriting the guilt.

You are discussing (or trying to discuss) a topic about which you assume incorrect premises.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:42:17 PM
http://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com...

I'm pretty sure it's rather widely preached that man is inherently evil and needs to accept Jesus Christ to be saved...
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:50:18 PM
So basically, to sum up the Christian God, he's like, "Haha, kiddies, you're all inherently evil and must accept my son as your Lord and Saviour or you're f*cked!! Stupid evil, lol"

Yeah, we shouldn't teach kids this stuff, that's pretty messed up.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:57:17 PM
At 10/19/2013 6:45:10 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
http://airocross.com...

Pretty sure you're just f*cking dumb, annanicole - sorry!

I'm not the one telling everyone that an infant is inherently evil and needs water sprinkled on its head. You are.

1. Pick up your New Testament - or find one online
2. Tell us the infant who was baptized
3. We'll discuss any long-term ramifications of that baptism

You won't make it past step 2.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 6:58:58 PM
At 10/19/2013 6:57:17 PM, annanicole wrote:

I'm not the one telling everyone that an infant is inherently evil and needs water sprinkled on its head. You are.

So you're denying that the Bible tells us we're inherently evil, even in the face of all those sources?
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:24:21 PM
At 10/19/2013 6:58:58 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

So you're denying that the Bible tells us we're inherently evil, even in the face of all those sources?

Repeat: the Bible does NOT say that an infant is born inherently evil.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:26:10 PM
At 10/19/2013 7:24:21 PM, annanicole wrote:
At 10/19/2013 6:58:58 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Repeat: the Bible does NOT say that an infant is born inherently evil.

But he'll grow into a man who is inherently evil, right? Yeah, uh, that means the infant is also pretty much inherently evil, just that its inherent evil hasn't manifested yet.
annanicole
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:26:35 PM
At 10/19/2013 7:03:57 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
This isn't the Baptism thread, just so you know.

It doesn't matter. You connected infant baptism with total depravity. I didn't. The Bible doesn't teach either one.

If you think it does, you are welcome to kinda fill in the blank on number two:

AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:26:41 PM
At 10/19/2013 6:50:18 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
So basically, to sum up the Christian God, he's like, "Haha, kiddies, you're all inherently evil and must accept my son as your Lord and Saviour or you're f*cked!! Stupid evil, lol"

Yeah, we shouldn't teach kids this stuff, that's pretty messed up.
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:28:01 PM
Okay, look I'll just agree with you, annanicole: we should actually teach kids that they're inherently evil.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:42:05 PM
At 10/19/2013 6:23:06 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:
And so babies were created to sin and so are inherently evil, no? Or, according to the Bible anyway.

A baby is sinful but doesn't understand the concept and thus that's why won't be penalized for it. They don't have the conception to discern right from wrong until they grow up ....
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:43:18 PM

Our willful rebellion to Him and His Word.... Disobedience.... Sin....
"Good Times" ~ Max
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:43:31 PM
At 10/19/2013 7:42:05 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:

A baby is sinful but doesn't understand the concept and thus that's why won't be penalized for it. They don't have the conception to discern right from wrong until they grow up ....

Yeah, that's really dumb.
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:44:47 PM

Do you know God?
"Good Times" ~ Max
GodChoosesLife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:45:17 PM
At 10/19/2013 7:43:31 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Why? Because you said it is?
"Good Times" ~ Max
AnDoctuir
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/19/2013 7:49:30 PM
At 10/19/2013 7:45:17 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 10/19/2013 7:43:31 PM, AnDoctuir wrote:

Why? Because you said it is?

Yeah. Babies are just afraid, not inherently evil, and if you tell your children, should you ever have any, that they're inherently evil, then you're a monster.