Towards Islam

Dazz
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 11:56:39 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just a taken Quote!

"No, you cannot prove the existence of God to an atheist. The reason is simple. Whenever you present any evidence to an atheist, they can either say "there's a scientific explanation for this", or "there's no scientific explanation now, but at some point in the future, science will have advanced sufficiently to be able to supply an explanation". These two options are available to the atheist, no matter how compelling the evidence might be.

For example, suppose God wished to make His presence unambiguously known to everyone in the world. So, he decided to paint large multi-coloured semi-circles across the sky, in order to tell everyone that there's an intelligence "up there" who can create such things. (Note that He only does this on days when rain is falling and the sun is shining). Immediately, scientists started seeking an explanation for these semi-circles; one that doesn't require any kind of Divine Agency. Eventually, they came up with an explanation - something about light being reflected off the backs of raindrops, and splitting into separate colours as it passes through those raindrops. And a very convincing explanation it was, too. And suddenly, what was once a "miracle" now fits entirely within the realm of physics.

My point is, that for atheists to convert to Islam (or any other religion), they need to encounter a phenomenon that they believe is outside the scope or ability of science. This will prompt them to look for other world views. If they are blessed, they will chance across Islam, and be sufficiently motivated to learn more. The question for the atheist is "how great a miracle would you have to observe, to be convinced that some Divine Agency is responsible for it".

I understand that to post an answer here, I should be citing some kind of source. My source for this analysis is my own personal experience, as a recent convert from atheism. I had had enough conversations with other atheists to believe that I was typical of them. For me, the phenomenon that I eventually came to believe was outside the scope of science (and would forever be outside of that scope) was the miracle of human consciousness. I am also lucky to have a very kind and patient Muslim friend, who has indicated a willingness to help me on a journey towards Islam.

But there is no proof of God that you can show to an atheist. Verses 2:15 to 2:20 of The Qur'an indicate as much. But if you have a particular atheist in mind, and they are anything like I was, I beg you to be patient and understanding towards them."
Remove the "I want", remainder is the "peace". ~Al-Ghazali~
"This time will also pass", a dose to cure both; the excitement & the grievance. ~Ayaz~
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 1:31:15 PM
And those who have no knowledge say: "Why does not All"h speak to us (face to face) or why does not a sign come to us?" So said the people before them words of similar import. Their hearts are alike, We have indeed made plain the signs for people who believe with certainty. (118) /Quran 2
Mysterious_Stranger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 2:45:49 PM
Yes and you could say the exact same thing in reverse to a theist, despite being confronted with enough scientific proof and logic they still feel compelled to believe thousand year old scriptures that contain no evidence to suggest that they are not an elaborate work of fiction. Saying that a religion is true with no evidence other than a scripture is a less than poor way to convince someone to conform to religion.
Turn around, go back.
LoopsEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 5:21:12 PM
@Stranger..

they still feel compelled to believe thousand year old scriptures that contain no evidence :to suggest that they are not an elaborate work of fiction

What makes me to believe My Scriptures?

The Glorious Quran.. a living proof of God speaking through an Unlettered Human who.. never told a single lie in the span of 43 years, never commit a single sin in whole of his life, was never taught to read and write.. and He brought such an amazing Book which is today also unmatchable! a book which speaks about the scientific phenomena of Nature not once or twice but 100s of times but there is not a single inconsistency internal or external up to today(allegations can be sorted out in debates or in separate Topic). A book that no one can write in the Deserts of Arabian Peninsula being told by the mouth of the only person in that wild Society where women were property female child were buried alive, and poor were getting poorer and rich were getting richer.. adultery, gambling, drinking, womanizing, where might was right an Orphan named Muhammad(pbuh) aroused and reformed the Nations and gave them the most Just perfect Laws and the best way to live life.

The Quran tells us..

Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens, and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? ...

...We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe? (21:30)

The Byzantines have been defeated, At the lowest point on the Earth. But after their victory, they will be defeated. (30:2-3)

The final Battle where Byzantines were defeated by Romans was the area of Dead Sea Jerusalem .. this point has the lowest altitude on earth..

Quran speaks about it 1,500 years ago..
People use to think Earth is static, and Sun revolves around it then they use to think that Sun is the center of universe, and everything revolves around it.. but only recently we came to know that even sun revolves and rotates and completes its one course in so and so million years.. which we found out just some years ago.. until 1600s Geocentric Theory was accepted proposed by Aristotle..

He is the One Who has created the night and the day and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) revolving in orbit of its own. (21:33)

before i conclude ..

Nostradamus also made 100s of Predictions same did the Rabbi and Bible etc. but they could not pass the test of time..! as science advances, and as time passes we come to know they were Myths not true but until today not a single Statement in Quran that speaks about Science has got contradiction with Proved Science! Yes there are 1000 and 1 website which distort and try to prove their point but when it comes to the Platform of Debate they fail a Big Time.. it has happen to me many times when people talk and try to prove Quran wrong but they never succeed..

Hence Quran is Divine from a Divine being who "Created" this Universe and had knowledge about what he created long before Human discovered it.
--Peace.
Skeptics: Any Question about Islam? --> http://www.debate.org...

No Foul Language, No Trolls in My Topics Give & Take Respect.

Muhammad(pbuh) married a Child? --> http://www.debate.org...
LoopsEye
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 5:24:02 PM
"They have hearts but do not understand, eyes but do not see. They have ears but do not hear. They are worse than lost cattle. These are the heedless ones." (7:179 Al Quran)

""they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven! (Mark 4:12 Bible)
Skeptics: Any Question about Islam? --> http://www.debate.org...

No Foul Language, No Trolls in My Topics Give & Take Respect.

Muhammad(pbuh) married a Child? --> http://www.debate.org...
cybertron1998
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/21/2013 5:28:08 PM
the argument of science and religion is futile, because if one is to call out a flaw on the opposite side they must apply that factor to their side.
Epsilon: There are so many stories where some brave hero decides to give their life to save the day, and because of their sacrifice, the good guys win, the survivors all cheer, and everybody lives happily ever after. But the hero... never gets to see that ending. They'll never know if their sacrifice actually made a difference. They'll never know if the day was really saved. In the end, they just have to have faith.
ExsurgeDomine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/22/2013 9:46:33 PM
At 10/21/2013 11:56:39 AM, Dazz wrote:
"No, you cannot prove the existence of God to an atheist."

That's just a cop-out really.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/23/2013 2:15:37 AM
At 10/21/2013 5:21:12 PM, LoopsEye wrote:
@Stranger..

they still feel compelled to believe thousand year old scriptures that contain no evidence :to suggest that they are not an elaborate work of fiction

What makes me to believe My Scriptures?

The Glorious Quran.. a living proof of God speaking through an Unlettered Human who.. never told a single lie in the span of 43 years, never commit a single sin in whole of his life, was never taught to read and write.. and He brought such an amazing Book which is today also unmatchable! a book which speaks about the scientific phenomena of Nature not once or twice but 100s of times but there is not a single inconsistency internal or external up to today(allegations can be sorted out in debates or in separate Topic). A book that no one can write in the Deserts of Arabian Peninsula being told by the mouth of the only person in that wild Society where women were property female child were buried alive, and poor were getting poorer and rich were getting richer.. adultery, gambling, drinking, womanizing, where might was right an Orphan named Muhammad(pbuh) aroused and reformed the Nations and gave them the most Just perfect Laws and the best way to live life.

The Quran tells us..

Do not the Unbelievers see that the heavens, and the earth were joined together (as one unit of creation), before we clove them asunder? ...

...We made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe? (21:30)

The Byzantines have been defeated, At the lowest point on the Earth. But after their victory, they will be defeated. (30:2-3)

The final Battle where Byzantines were defeated by Romans was the area of Dead Sea Jerusalem .. this point has the lowest altitude on earth..

Quran speaks about it 1,500 years ago..
People use to think Earth is static, and Sun revolves around it then they use to think that Sun is the center of universe, and everything revolves around it.. but only recently we came to know that even sun revolves and rotates and completes its one course in so and so million years.. which we found out just some years ago.. until 1600s Geocentric Theory was accepted proposed by Aristotle..

He is the One Who has created the night and the day and the sun and the moon: all (the celestial bodies) revolving in orbit of its own. (21:33)

before i conclude ..

Nostradamus also made 100s of Predictions same did the Rabbi and Bible etc. but they could not pass the test of time..! as science advances, and as time passes we come to know they were Myths not true but until today not a single Statement in Quran that speaks about Science has got contradiction with Proved Science! Yes there are 1000 and 1 website which distort and try to prove their point but when it comes to the Platform of Debate they fail a Big Time.. it has happen to me many times when people talk and try to prove Quran wrong but they never succeed..

Hence Quran is Divine from a Divine being who "Created" this Universe and had knowledge about what he created long before Human discovered it.
--Peace.
Your god the quran is not living. It's just a book, build a bridge and get over it.

IT'S A BOOK
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin