Total Posts:1|Showing Posts:1-1
Jump to topic:

Evidence for G-d?

Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:35:45 AM
Posted: 2 years ago
The Jewish revelation narrative is evidence for the existence of G-d. The Jewish nation makes a claim that no other religion makes - three million people saw and received the Torah directly from G-d, as accounted in Exodus. The reason no other religion makes that claim is because it is nearly impossible to convince so many people that an event occurred when in reality it did not.

In fact, scientists base historical accuracy on claims substantiated by similar amounts of people. For example, the only way we know that George Washington lived (seeing as no one I know seems to have met him first-hand) is because millions of people have testified to his existence. And that knowledge has been passed down from generation to generation.

I could compare this to a scenario where three million people tell you that the cupcake you are about to eat is poisoned by a substance unknown to you. No intelligent person would ever disregard the testimony and eat the cupcake

You could respond with any number of circumstances to explain how this came about without G-d (for example, a national drug trip), but I will ask you a simple question. Was this a natural event? If it is, then why has a similar event never occurred again? Natural events repeat themselves, but never has another sizable group of people claimed to experience G-d firsthand.