Total Posts:14|Showing Posts:1-14
Jump to topic:

Abortion and The Bible

Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 3:01:02 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Just Verses

2 Kings 15:16
Then from Tirzah, Menahem attacked Tiphsah, all who were there, and its territory. Because they did not surrender, therefore he attacked it. All the women there who were with child he ripped open.

Hosea 13:16
Samaria is held guilty,
For she has rebelled against her God.
They shall fall by the sword,
Their infants shall be dashed in pieces,
And their women with child ripped open.

Numbers 31:17
Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately.

Numbers 5:11-21
11 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 12 "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: 'If any man's wife goes astray and behaves unfaithfully toward him, 13 and a man lies with her carnally, and it is hidden from the eyes of her husband, and it is concealed that she has defiled herself, and there was no witness against her, nor was she caught" 14 if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him and he becomes jealous of his wife, who has defiled herself; or if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him and he becomes jealous of his wife, although she has not defiled herself" 15 then the man shall bring his wife to the priest. He shall bring the offering required for her, one-tenth of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil on it and put no frankincense on it, because it is a grain offering of jealousy, an offering for remembering, for bringing iniquity to remembrance.

16 'And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the Lord. 17 The priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it into the water. 18 Then the priest shall stand the woman before the Lord, uncover the woman's head, and put the offering for remembering in her hands, which is the grain offering of jealousy. And the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 And the priest shall put her under oath, and say to the woman, "If no man has lain with you, and if you have not gone astray to uncleanness while under your husband's authority, be free from this bitter water that brings a curse. 20 But if you have gone astray while under your husband's authority, and if you have defiled yourself and some man other than your husband has lain with you"" 21 then the priest shall put the woman under the oath of the curse, and he shall say to the woman""the Lord make you a curse and an oath among your people, when the Lord makes your thigh rot and your belly swell;

Hosea 9:11-16
As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird"
No birth, no pregnancy, and no conception!
12 Though they bring up their children,
Yet I will bereave them to the last man.
Yes, woe to them when I depart from them!
13 Just as I saw Ephraim like Tyre, planted in a pleasant place,
So Ephraim will bring out his children to the murderer."
14 Give them, O Lord"
What will You give?
Give them a miscarrying womb
And dry breasts!
15 "All their wickedness is in Gilgal,
For there I hated them.
Because of the evil of their deeds
I will drive them from My house;
I will love them no more.
All their princes are rebellious.
16 Ephraim is stricken,
Their root is dried up;
They shall bear no fruit.
Yes, were they to bear children,
I would kill the darlings of their womb."

2 Kings 15:16
Then from Tirzah, Menahem attacked Tiphsah, all who were there, and its territory. Because they did not surrender, therefore he attacked it. All the women there who were with child he ripped open.

Hosea 13:16
Samaria is held guilty,
For she has rebelled against her God.
They shall fall by the sword,
Their infants shall be dashed in pieces,
And their women with child ripped open.

Numbers 31:17
Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately.

Numbers 5:11-21
11 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 12 "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: 'If any man's wife goes astray and behaves unfaithfully toward him, 13 and a man lies with her carnally, and it is hidden from the eyes of her husband, and it is concealed that she has defiled herself, and there was no witness against her, nor was she caught" 14 if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him and he becomes jealous of his wife, who has defiled herself; or if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him and he becomes jealous of his wife, although she has not defiled herself" 15 then the man shall bring his wife to the priest. He shall bring the offering required for her, one-tenth of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil on it and put no frankincense on it, because it is a grain offering of jealousy, an offering for remembering, for bringing iniquity to remembrance.

16 'And the priest shall bring her near, and set her before the Lord. 17 The priest shall take holy water in an earthen vessel, and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the tabernacle and put it into the water. 18 Then the priest shall stand the woman before the Lord, uncover the woman's head, and put the offering for remembering in her hands, which is the grain offering of jealousy. And the priest shall have in his hand the bitter water that brings a curse. 19 And the priest shall put her under oath, and say to the woman, "If no man has lain with you, and if you have not gone astray to uncleanness while under your husband's authority, be free from this bitter water that brings a curse. 20 But if you have gone astray while under your husband's authority, and if you have defiled yourself and some man other than your husband has lain with you"" 21 then the priest shall put the woman under the oath of the curse, and he shall say to the woman""the Lord make you a curse and an oath among your people, when the Lord makes your thigh rot and your belly swell;

Hosea 9:11-16
As for Ephraim, their glory shall fly away like a bird"
No birth, no pregnancy, and no conception!
12 Though they bring up their children,
Yet I will bereave them to the last man.
Yes, woe to them when I depart from them!
13 Just as I saw Ephraim like Tyre, planted in a pleasant place,
So Ephraim will bring out his children to the murderer."
14 Give them, O Lord"
What will You give?
Give them a miscarrying womb
And dry breasts!
15 "All their wickedness is in Gilgal,
For there I hated them.
Because of the evil of their deeds
I will drive them from My house;
I will love them no more.
All their princes are rebellious.
16 Ephraim is stricken,
Their root is dried up;
They shall bear no fruit.
Yes, were they to bear children,
I would kill the darlings of their womb."

2 Kings 15:16
Then from Tirzah, Menahem attacked Tiphsah, all who were there, and its territory. Because they did not surrender, therefore he attacked it. All the women there who were with child he ripped open.

Hosea 13:16
Samaria is held guilty,
For she has rebelled against her God.
They shall fall by the sword,
Their infants shall be dashed in pieces,
And their women with child ripped open.

Numbers 31:17
Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately.

Numbers 5:11-21
11 And the Lord spoke to Moses, saying, 12 "Speak to the children of Israel, and say to them: 'If any man's wife goes astray and behaves unfaithfully toward him, 13 and a man lies with her carnally, and it is hidden from the eyes of her husband, and it is concealed that she has defiled herself, and there was no witness against her, nor was she caught" 14 if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him and he becomes jealous of his wife, who has defiled herself; or if the spirit of jealousy comes upon him and he becomes jealous of his wife, although she has not defiled herself" 15 then the man shall bring his wife to the priest. He shall bring the offering required for her, one-tenth of an ephah of barley meal; he shall pour no oil on it and put no frankincense on it, because it i
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 3:01:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Just Verses


Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?

Actually God is completely against abortion, and all of what you describe was judicial action against nations that were his enemies, and why leave children alive who will only go the way their parents went and then be deserving of the same judicial action?

God's respect for the unborn child is neatly expressed in this hypothetical situation which was the basis of that law.

Exodus. 21:22, 23: "In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul." (Some translations make it appear that in this law to Israel the crucial matter was what happened to the mother, not to the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refers to a fatal accident to either mother or child.)
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 4:21:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/24/2013 3:01:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Just Verses



Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?

Actually God is completely against abortion, and all of what you describe was judicial action against nations that were his enemies, and why leave children alive who will only go the way their parents went and then be deserving of the same judicial action?

God's respect for the unborn child is neatly expressed in this hypothetical situation which was the basis of that law.

Exodus. 21:22, 23: "In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul." (Some translations make it appear that in this law to Israel the crucial matter was what happened to the mother, not to the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refers to a fatal accident to either mother or child.)

God is the Creator of ALL things, even abortions, accidents, homosexuals, wars, disease, etc. to deceive His people from the Truth of who we really are in His mind.

Isaiah 45
7: I form light and create darkness, I make weal and create woe, I am the Lord, who do all these things.

Deuteronomy 32
39: "`See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god beside me; I kill and I make alive; I wound and I heal; and there is none that can deliver out of my hand.

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.

Exodus 4:
10: But Moses said to the LORD, "Oh, my Lord, I am not eloquent, either heretofore or since thou hast spoken to thy servant; but I am slow of speech and of tongue."
11: Then the LORD said to him, "Who has made man's mouth? Who makes him dumb, or deaf, or seeing, or blind? Is it not I, the LORD?
12: Now therefore go, and I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall speak."

Psalm 33
8: Let all the earth fear the LORD, let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him!
9: For he spoke, and it came to be; he commanded, and it stood forth.
10: The LORD brings the counsel of the nations to nought; he frustrates the plans of the peoples.
11: The counsel of the LORD stands for ever, the thoughts of his heart to all generations.
12: Blessed is the nation whose God is the LORD, the people whom he has chosen as his heritage!
13: The LORD looks down from heaven, he sees all the sons of men;
14: from where he sits enthroned he looks forth on all the inhabitants of the earth,
15: he who fashions the hearts of them all, and observes all their deeds.
16: A king is not saved by his great army; a warrior is not delivered by his great strength.
17: The war horse is a vain hope for victory, and by its great might it cannot save.

Psalm 92
5: How great are thy works, O LORD! Thy thoughts are very deep!
6: The dull man cannot know, the stupid cannot understand this:
7: that, though the wicked sprout like grass and all evildoers flourish, they are doomed to destruction for ever,
8: but thou, O LORD, art on high for ever.

Psalm 94
7: and they say, "The LORD does not see; the God of Jacob does not perceive."
8: Understand, O dullest of the people! Fools, when will you be wise?
9: He who planted the ear, does he not hear? He who formed the eye, does he not see?
10: He who chastens the nations, does he not chastise? He who teaches men knowledge,
11: the LORD, knows the thoughts of man, that they are but a breath.

Unbelievers can't understand these prophecies that God planned and created everything. Even the abortions by abortion doctors He planned and created to happen according to His will.
bulproof
Posts: 25,263
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 6:43:31 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/24/2013 3:01:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Just Verses



Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?

Actually God is completely against abortion, and all of what you describe was judicial action against nations that were his enemies, and why leave children alive who will only go the way their parents went and then be deserving of the same judicial action?

God's respect for the unborn child is neatly expressed in this hypothetical situation which was the basis of that law.

Exodus. 21:22, 23: "In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul." (Some translations make it appear that in this law to Israel the crucial matter was what happened to the mother, not to the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refers to a fatal accident to either mother or child.)
@ wallstreet wrote
JUST VERSES

@ madman wrote
Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?
hahahahahahahahaha
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 6:49:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/24/2013 3:01:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Just Verses



Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?

Actually God is completely against abortion.......

Actually YOU are completely against abortion.

God here is just a projection of yourself.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 8:53:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 6:43:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/24/2013 3:01:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Just Verses



Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?

Actually God is completely against abortion, and all of what you describe was judicial action against nations that were his enemies, and why leave children alive who will only go the way their parents went and then be deserving of the same judicial action?

God's respect for the unborn child is neatly expressed in this hypothetical situation which was the basis of that law.

Exodus. 21:22, 23: "In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul." (Some translations make it appear that in this law to Israel the crucial matter was what happened to the mother, not to the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refers to a fatal accident to either mother or child.)
@ wallstreet wrote
JUST VERSES

@ madman wrote
Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?
hahahahahahahahaha

I'm not gonna lie; I lol'd too.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2013 11:33:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 8:53:33 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/24/2013 6:43:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/24/2013 3:01:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Just Verses



Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?

Actually God is completely against abortion, and all of what you describe was judicial action against nations that were his enemies, and why leave children alive who will only go the way their parents went and then be deserving of the same judicial action?

God's respect for the unborn child is neatly expressed in this hypothetical situation which was the basis of that law.

Exodus. 21:22, 23: "In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul." (Some translations make it appear that in this law to Israel the crucial matter was what happened to the mother, not to the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refers to a fatal accident to either mother or child.)
@ wallstreet wrote
JUST VERSES

@ madman wrote
Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?
hahahahahahahahaha

I'm not gonna lie; I lol'd too.

I'm glad to see we still have a healthy amount of insanity on DDO :)
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 4:01:51 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 11:33:23 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
At 10/24/2013 8:53:33 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 10/24/2013 6:43:31 PM, bulproof wrote:
At 10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/24/2013 3:01:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Just Verses



Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?

Actually God is completely against abortion, and all of what you describe was judicial action against nations that were his enemies, and why leave children alive who will only go the way their parents went and then be deserving of the same judicial action?

God's respect for the unborn child is neatly expressed in this hypothetical situation which was the basis of that law.

Exodus. 21:22, 23: "In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul." (Some translations make it appear that in this law to Israel the crucial matter was what happened to the mother, not to the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refers to a fatal accident to either mother or child.)
@ wallstreet wrote
JUST VERSES

@ madman wrote
Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?
hahahahahahahahaha

I'm not gonna lie; I lol'd too.

I'm glad to see we still have a healthy amount of insanity on DDO :)

Well with people such as you contributing to it, what else can we have, lol.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 4:13:24 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 6:49:16 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/24/2013 3:01:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Just Verses



Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?

Actually God is completely against abortion.......

Actually YOU are completely against abortion.

God here is just a projection of yourself.

Almost right, lol, in fact I am striving to be a projection of him, as his son did, and all who follow them have to.

I have not always been anti-abortion, only since learning God's opinion of it. Never thought either way about it before, I can still see pros and cons, but the con of God's disapproval overrules any pro in my book.
Illegalcombatant
Posts: 4,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2013 7:53:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/25/2013 4:13:24 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/24/2013 6:49:16 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/24/2013 3:01:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Just Verses



Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?

Actually God is completely against abortion.......

Actually YOU are completely against abortion.

God here is just a projection of yourself.

Almost right, lol, in fact I am striving to be a projection of him, as his son did, and all who follow them have to.

I have not always been anti-abortion, only since learning God's opinion of it. Never thought either way about it before, I can still see pros and cons, but the con of God's disapproval overrules any pro in my book.

The only entity I see claiming God disapproves of something..................are humans.
"Seems like another attempt to insert God into areas our knowledge has yet to penetrate. You figure God would be bigger than the gaps of our ignorance." Drafterman 19/5/12
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 2:18:42 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/25/2013 7:53:34 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 10/25/2013 4:13:24 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/24/2013 6:49:16 PM, Illegalcombatant wrote:
At 10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 10/24/2013 3:01:02 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Just Verses



Apart from the usual half truths and bile, your point is?

Actually God is completely against abortion.......

Actually YOU are completely against abortion.

God here is just a projection of yourself.

Almost right, lol, in fact I am striving to be a projection of him, as his son did, and all who follow them have to.

I have not always been anti-abortion, only since learning God's opinion of it. Never thought either way about it before, I can still see pros and cons, but the con of God's disapproval overrules any pro in my book.

The only entity I see claiming God disapproves of something..................are humans.

God himself declares what he approves or doesn't in his word, the bible, and for those who look for and at the evidence there is no reasonable doubt that the bible can only be the word of God.

If you really ant a truthful answer, I suggest you go to the biggest and best run museum you can find and explore the biblical artefacts they have therein. For me in the UK,, that has to be the British Museum. If you can get a guide or a guided tour all the better.

Meanwhile you could always look at some of these: https://www.google.co.uk...
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 2:40:55 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Actually God is completely against abortion, and all of what you describe was judicial action against nations that were his enemies, and why leave children alive who will only go the way their parents went and then be deserving of the same judicial action?

Wait, wait, wait - you're telling us that every single child of those parents, born or unborn, was going to commit the same actions of their parents? Really? Come on now, just admit it for what it is - God exacting genocidal punishment for the perceived transgressions of a few. And in this case, that includes the death of unborn children as WSA aptly pointed out. It is just incidental abortion.

God's respect for the unborn child is neatly expressed in this hypothetical situation which was the basis of that law.

Exodus. 21:22, 23: "In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul." (Some translations make it appear that in this law to Israel the crucial matter was what happened to the mother, not to the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refers to a fatal accident to either mother or child.)

I really do not see how a portion of a law written for men can excuse God's obvious disregard for unborn human life in his genocidal interventions. The best you can say here is that God wanted Jewish children to live, but the unborn children of all those other societies seem fairly expendable.
MadCornishBiker
Posts: 23,302
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 3:10:38 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 2:40:55 AM, Volkov wrote:
At 10/24/2013 4:14:25 PM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
Actually God is completely against abortion, and all of what you describe was judicial action against nations that were his enemies, and why leave children alive who will only go the way their parents went and then be deserving of the same judicial action?

Wait, wait, wait - you're telling us that every single child of those parents, born or unborn, was going to commit the same actions of their parents? Really? Come on now, just admit it for what it is - God exacting genocidal punishment for the perceived transgressions of a few. And in this case, that includes the death of unborn children as WSA aptly pointed out. It is just incidental abortion.

What is the saying, "the apple rarely falls far from the tree".

If they are exposed to that influence, that hatred of God and his people they stand little chance of going any other way. However in the resurrection they will have a better chance.


God's respect for the unborn child is neatly expressed in this hypothetical situation which was the basis of that law.

Exodus. 21:22, 23: "In case men should struggle with each other and they really hurt a pregnant woman and her children do come out but no fatal accident occurs, he is to have damages imposed upon him without fail according to what the owner of the woman may lay upon him; and he must give it through the justices. But if a fatal accident should occur, then you must give soul for soul." (Some translations make it appear that in this law to Israel the crucial matter was what happened to the mother, not to the fetus. The original Hebrew text, however, refers to a fatal accident to either mother or child.)

I really do not see how a portion of a law written for men can excuse God's obvious disregard for unborn human life in his genocidal interventions. The best you can say here is that God wanted Jewish children to live, but the unborn children of all those other societies seem fairly expendable.

If God had a disregard for human life he would not have arranged for the resurrection to give them a better chance of life in much better conditions. In fact he is removing them from future suffering into a situation where they will not have to suffer the same things again.

As with all things in life it all depends on if you look at things from one viewpoint, or from all viewpoints.
Volkov
Posts: 9,765
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 3:19:20 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 3:10:38 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
What is the saying, "the apple rarely falls far from the tree".

I was unaware that sayings were a form of legitimate rebuttal these days.

If they are exposed to that influence, that hatred of God and his people they stand little chance of going any other way. However in the resurrection they will have a better chance.

I expected you to say something along the lines of "God foresaw the darkness in their hearts" or some such nonsense. Instead I get this cop-out.

Even if they stand a "better chance" in the Resurrection, how does that excuse God's actions in the first place? Abortion is abortion, no matter the reasons why its done. Would you not agree?

If God had a disregard for human life he would not have arranged for the resurrection to give them a better chance of life in much better conditions. In fact he is removing them from future suffering into a situation where they will not have to suffer the same things again.

As with all things in life it all depends on if you look at things from one viewpoint, or from all viewpoints.

How is this argument any different from someone justifying an abortion by saying that the child would not have had a good life if born? Because God says so?