Total Posts:70|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Islam is the world's worst religion

muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 2:38:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
I understand that there are different types of muslims. I understand that there are different ways in which people practise Islam. I understand that there are different versions of Islam. I understand that every religion has its extremists. Even atheism had its Stalins, Maos and Pol Pots. But the more I think about it, the more I hate Islam overall and generally speaking.
If we assess the scriptures solely, there are passages in the Old Testament that would put the barbaric ayahs of the Quran to shame.
However, mix the ridiculously violent and misogynistic passages of the Quran with tribal, feudal, incredibly vain, primitive, male-dominated, underdeveloped cultures and you get the most vile, horrendous religion the world has ever seen.
I do not regret being born into it because it has only made me understand what a crazy ideology Islam really is.
ahmed7
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 3:48:23 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 2:38:27 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
I understand that there are different types of muslims. I understand that there are different ways in which people practise Islam. I understand that there are different versions of Islam. I understand that every religion has its extremists. Even atheism had its Stalins, Maos and Pol Pots. But the more I think about it, the more I hate Islam overall and generally speaking.
If we assess the scriptures solely, there are passages in the Old Testament that would put the barbaric ayahs of the Quran to shame.
However, mix the ridiculously violent and misogynistic passages of the Quran with tribal, feudal, incredibly vain, primitive, male-dominated, underdeveloped cultures and you get the most vile, horrendous religion the world has ever seen.
I do not regret being born into it because it has only made me understand what a crazy ideology Islam really is.

You are talking about your feelings and thoughts, there is nothing to discuss.
What you are saying is just an accusation that based on nothing.
Mysterious_Stranger
Posts: 1,562
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 3:50:47 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 2:38:27 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
I understand that there are different types of muslims. I understand that there are different ways in which people practise Islam. I understand that there are different versions of Islam. I understand that every religion has its extremists. Even atheism had its Stalins, Maos and Pol Pots. But the more I think about it, the more I hate Islam overall and generally speaking.
If we assess the scriptures solely, there are passages in the Old Testament that would put the barbaric ayahs of the Quran to shame.
However, mix the ridiculously violent and misogynistic passages of the Quran with tribal, feudal, incredibly vain, primitive, male-dominated, underdeveloped cultures and you get the most vile, horrendous religion the world has ever seen.
I do not regret being born into it because it has only made me understand what a crazy ideology Islam really is.

You posses no proof of the above claims, and atheism is not a religion. How many more times must I say that.
Turn around, go back.
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 3:51:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 3:48:23 PM, ahmed7 wrote:
At 10/26/2013 2:38:27 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
I understand that there are different types of muslims. I understand that there are different ways in which people practise Islam. I understand that there are different versions of Islam. I understand that every religion has its extremists. Even atheism had its Stalins, Maos and Pol Pots. But the more I think about it, the more I hate Islam overall and generally speaking.
If we assess the scriptures solely, there are passages in the Old Testament that would put the barbaric ayahs of the Quran to shame.
However, mix the ridiculously violent and misogynistic passages of the Quran with tribal, feudal, incredibly vain, primitive, male-dominated, underdeveloped cultures and you get the most vile, horrendous religion the world has ever seen.
I do not regret being born into it because it has only made me understand what a crazy ideology Islam really is.

You are talking about your feelings and thoughts, there is nothing to discuss.
What you are saying is just an accusation that based on nothing.

statistically speaking, muslim nations are the most war-torn, have the worst women's rights records, poorest, and most backward. this is not emotion. it's fact and there's a lot more where that came from. discuss that.
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 3:53:33 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 3:50:47 PM, Mysterious_Stranger wrote:
At 10/26/2013 2:38:27 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
I understand that there are different types of muslims. I understand that there are different ways in which people practise Islam. I understand that there are different versions of Islam. I understand that every religion has its extremists. Even atheism had its Stalins, Maos and Pol Pots. But the more I think about it, the more I hate Islam overall and generally speaking.
If we assess the scriptures solely, there are passages in the Old Testament that would put the barbaric ayahs of the Quran to shame.
However, mix the ridiculously violent and misogynistic passages of the Quran with tribal, feudal, incredibly vain, primitive, male-dominated, underdeveloped cultures and you get the most vile, horrendous religion the world has ever seen.
I do not regret being born into it because it has only made me understand what a crazy ideology Islam really is.

You posses no proof of the above claims, and atheism is not a religion. How many more times must I say that.

i never said atheism is a religion. i do not understand how you could conclude that i did. based on what i typed.

I posses statistics that prove that cultures that ascribe to the quran are tribal, feudal, incredibly vain, primitive, male-dominated, underdeveloped, poverty-stricken and war-torn.

Watch the news sometimes ok?
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:00:58 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
If your not Muslim anymore and have a lot to say about it, then what are you now?
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:04:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:00:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If your not Muslim anymore and have a lot to say about it, then what are you now?

I am a polyatheist. There are many gods that I don't believe in. Including Allah, Yahweh and Jesus.

I am not convinced that any god exists at all although I am open to the possibility.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:10:50 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:04:50 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:00:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If your not Muslim anymore and have a lot to say about it, then what are you now?

I am a polyatheist. There are many gods that I don't believe in. Including Allah, Yahweh and Jesus.

I am not convinced that any god exists at all although I am open to the possibility.

Do you believe that energy is information?
Disquisition
Posts: 391
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:16:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:10:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Do you believe that energy is information?

Lol, almost spilled my coffee
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:18:51 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:16:13 PM, Disquisition wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:10:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:

Do you believe that energy is information?

Lol, almost spilled my coffee

lmao
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:21:21 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:10:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:04:50 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:00:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If your not Muslim anymore and have a lot to say about it, then what are you now?

I am a polyatheist. There are many gods that I don't believe in. Including Allah, Yahweh and Jesus.

I am not convinced that any god exists at all although I am open to the possibility.

Do you believe that energy is information?

Energy is a property of physical systems. It can be used to transfer information. We are getting into semantics here but I don't think those two are exactly the same thing. Also, I have no idea what this has to do with the discussion.
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:26:18 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:21:21 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:10:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:04:50 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:00:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If your not Muslim anymore and have a lot to say about it, then what are you now?

I am a polyatheist. There are many gods that I don't believe in. Including Allah, Yahweh and Jesus.

I am not convinced that any god exists at all although I am open to the possibility.

Do you believe that energy is information?

Energy is a property of physical systems. It can be used to transfer information. We are getting into semantics here but I don't think those two are exactly the same thing. Also, I have no idea what this has to do with the discussion.

Energy IS information that was spoken into existence by God's first created invisible machine called His voice. His voice is also called the Word of God, which is my created existence.

There a few scientists who are about to admit that energy IS information like God has taught me.

Since energy is information, then how did this information come into existence on it's own if you don't believe in a Creator, or designer?
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:34:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:26:18 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:21:21 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:10:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:04:50 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:00:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If your not Muslim anymore and have a lot to say about it, then what are you now?

I am a polyatheist. There are many gods that I don't believe in. Including Allah, Yahweh and Jesus.

I am not convinced that any god exists at all although I am open to the possibility.

Do you believe that energy is information?

Energy is a property of physical systems. It can be used to transfer information. We are getting into semantics here but I don't think those two are exactly the same thing. Also, I have no idea what this has to do with the discussion.

Energy IS information that was spoken into existence by God's first created invisible machine called His voice. His voice is also called the Word of God, which is my created existence.

There a few scientists who are about to admit that energy IS information like God has taught me.

Since energy is information, then how did this information come into existence on it's own if you don't believe in a Creator, or designer?

According to the laws of thermodynamics, energy cannot be created or destroyed. Our most reliable scientific theories suggest that at time zero, the universe had a total energy of zero (this is not the same as saying that there was no energy but that the net energy in the universe was zero, just like the net force on an object would be zero if it was being pulled in two different directions by an equal magnitude of force). In this state the universe (then known ans a singularity) was very unstable and space had to expand, much like a pencil on an infinitesimally small point cannot remain standing. We are not sure what caused the universe to be in this state or even if a cause was necessary. let's not pretend to know either by proposing a magical being whom no one can see or observe empirically did everything

ANYWAY, none of this has anything to do with the topic: ISLAM is the world's worst religion. Do you agree with that statement or disagree? If you want to convert me start a different topic, but right now let's talk about how awful (or not-awful) islam is.
themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:37:36 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Is there equal causation to explain the correlation between the religion being dominant in the country, and the quality of life of the country?
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:41:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:34:41 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:26:18 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:21:21 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:10:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:04:50 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:00:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If your not Muslim anymore and have a lot to say about it, then what are you now?

I am a polyatheist. There are many gods that I don't believe in. Including Allah, Yahweh and Jesus.

I am not convinced that any god exists at all although I am open to the possibility.

Do you believe that energy is information?

Energy is a property of physical systems. It can be used to transfer information. We are getting into semantics here but I don't think those two are exactly the same thing. Also, I have no idea what this has to do with the discussion.

Energy IS information that was spoken into existence by God's first created invisible machine called His voice. His voice is also called the Word of God, which is my created existence.

There a few scientists who are about to admit that energy IS information like God has taught me.

Since energy is information, then how did this information come into existence on it's own if you don't believe in a Creator, or designer?

According to the laws of thermodynamics, energy cannot be created or destroyed. Our most reliable scientific theories suggest that at time zero, the universe had a total energy of zero (this is not the same as saying that there was no energy but that the net energy in the universe was zero, just like the net force on an object would be zero if it was being pulled in two different directions by an equal magnitude of force). In this state the universe (then known ans a singularity) was very unstable and space had to expand, much like a pencil on an infinitesimally small point cannot remain standing. We are not sure what caused the universe to be in this state or even if a cause was necessary. let's not pretend to know either by proposing a magical being whom no one can see or observe empirically did everything

ANYWAY, none of this has anything to do with the topic: ISLAM is the world's worst religion. Do you agree with that statement or disagree? If you want to convert me start a different topic, but right now let's talk about how awful (or not-awful) islam is.

Man's laws don't apply to God's laws. God is the creator of everything, which includes ALL the energy that exists. Man doesn't understand anything that us saints do.
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:47:27 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:37:36 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
Is there equal causation to explain the correlation between the religion being dominant in the country, and the quality of life of the country?

just because a religion is dominant in a country, it does automatically follow that it is the cause of all of its problems and the poor quality of life therein.

I am not arguing that this is the case either. When it comes to the oppression of women, and creating obstacles to a proper education, and committing acts of terrorism, the people of these countries regularly use Islamic scriptures to justify their actions. therein lies the connection between islam and these problems.

I am sure they could have done this with the help of scriptures of many other religions, but the fact of the matter is they use islamic scriptures.
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:48:41 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:41:00 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:34:41 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:26:18 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:21:21 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:10:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:04:50 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:00:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If your not Muslim anymore and have a lot to say about it, then what are you now?

I am a polyatheist. There are many gods that I don't believe in. Including Allah, Yahweh and Jesus.

I am not convinced that any god exists at all although I am open to the possibility.

Do you believe that energy is information?

Energy is a property of physical systems. It can be used to transfer information. We are getting into semantics here but I don't think those two are exactly the same thing. Also, I have no idea what this has to do with the discussion.

Energy IS information that was spoken into existence by God's first created invisible machine called His voice. His voice is also called the Word of God, which is my created existence.

There a few scientists who are about to admit that energy IS information like God has taught me.

Since energy is information, then how did this information come into existence on it's own if you don't believe in a Creator, or designer?

According to the laws of thermodynamics, energy cannot be created or destroyed. Our most reliable scientific theories suggest that at time zero, the universe had a total energy of zero (this is not the same as saying that there was no energy but that the net energy in the universe was zero, just like the net force on an object would be zero if it was being pulled in two different directions by an equal magnitude of force). In this state the universe (then known ans a singularity) was very unstable and space had to expand, much like a pencil on an infinitesimally small point cannot remain standing. We are not sure what caused the universe to be in this state or even if a cause was necessary. let's not pretend to know either by proposing a magical being whom no one can see or observe empirically did everything

ANYWAY, none of this has anything to do with the topic: ISLAM is the world's worst religion. Do you agree with that statement or disagree? If you want to convert me start a different topic, but right now let's talk about how awful (or not-awful) islam is.

Man's laws don't apply to God's laws. God is the creator of everything, which includes ALL the energy that exists. Man doesn't understand anything that us saints do.

you're a saint? dude, i don't mean to be disrespectful, but can i just say that you are making me laugh so hard that i might literally piss my pants?
themohawkninja
Posts: 816
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:53:30 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:47:27 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:37:36 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
Is there equal causation to explain the correlation between the religion being dominant in the country, and the quality of life of the country?

just because a religion is dominant in a country, it does automatically follow that it is the cause of all of its problems and the poor quality of life therein.

I am not arguing that this is the case either. When it comes to the oppression of women, and creating obstacles to a proper education, and committing acts of terrorism, the people of these countries regularly use Islamic scriptures to justify their actions. therein lies the connection between islam and these problems.

I am sure they could have done this with the help of scriptures of many other religions, but the fact of the matter is they use islamic scriptures.

How do you know that the Qur'an is the source of their justification (terrorism aside, as that is well-known)?

BTW, bornofgod isn't a saint. He thinks that God is speaking through him, thereby giving him divine insight into mortal matters, however when you assert him to prove it by doing some divine smiting, he tells you off by saying that God is merely talking through him, and therefore he can't do anything (even though God can, I guess he isn't doing anything either).
"Morals are simply a limit to man's potential."~Myself

Political correctness is like saying you can't have a steak, because a baby can't eat one ~Unknown
ahmed7
Posts: 3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:58:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 3:51:00 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 3:48:23 PM, ahmed7 wrote:
At 10/26/2013 2:38:27 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
I understand that there are different types of muslims. I understand that there are different ways in which people practise Islam. I understand that there are different versions of Islam. I understand that every religion has its extremists. Even atheism had its Stalins, Maos and Pol Pots. But the more I think about it, the more I hate Islam overall and generally speaking.
If we assess the scriptures solely, there are passages in the Old Testament that would put the barbaric ayahs of the Quran to shame.
However, mix the ridiculously violent and misogynistic passages of the Quran with tribal, feudal, incredibly vain, primitive, male-dominated, underdeveloped cultures and you get the most vile, horrendous religion the world has ever seen.
I do not regret being born into it because it has only made me understand what a crazy ideology Islam really is.

You are talking about your feelings and thoughts, there is nothing to discuss.
What you are saying is just an accusation that based on nothing.

statistically speaking, muslim nations are the most war-torn, have the worst women's rights records, poorest, and most backward. this is not emotion. it's fact and there's a lot more where that came from. discuss that.

There were wars between non-muslim nations , huge wars check the history (world war 1,2),However I believe that politics and interests are the main cause of wars.

I agree with you, many of the Muslim nations are in bad situations nowadays, These nations has become the way its because they are not implementing islam, to say that someone is muslim doesn't mean that he represent isalm.

Islam strongly emphasis on concepts that help for fighting poverty, encourage knowledge, implementing justice.

You know that on the past and for a long time muslim nations were leading the world in all of the fields, would you say that islam was the best religion on that time.
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 4:59:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:04:50 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:00:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If your not Muslim anymore and have a lot to say about it, then what are you now?

I am a polyatheist. There are many gods that I don't believe in. Including Allah, Yahweh and Jesus.

I am not convinced that any god exists at all although I am open to the possibility.

May I ask why you disbelieve any of those?
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
bornofgod
Posts: 11,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 5:03:11 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:48:41 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:41:00 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:34:41 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:26:18 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:21:21 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:10:50 PM, bornofgod wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:04:50 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:00:58 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
If your not Muslim anymore and have a lot to say about it, then what are you now?

I am a polyatheist. There are many gods that I don't believe in. Including Allah, Yahweh and Jesus.

I am not convinced that any god exists at all although I am open to the possibility.

Do you believe that energy is information?

Energy is a property of physical systems. It can be used to transfer information. We are getting into semantics here but I don't think those two are exactly the same thing. Also, I have no idea what this has to do with the discussion.

Energy IS information that was spoken into existence by God's first created invisible machine called His voice. His voice is also called the Word of God, which is my created existence.

There a few scientists who are about to admit that energy IS information like God has taught me.

Since energy is information, then how did this information come into existence on it's own if you don't believe in a Creator, or designer?

According to the laws of thermodynamics, energy cannot be created or destroyed. Our most reliable scientific theories suggest that at time zero, the universe had a total energy of zero (this is not the same as saying that there was no energy but that the net energy in the universe was zero, just like the net force on an object would be zero if it was being pulled in two different directions by an equal magnitude of force). In this state the universe (then known ans a singularity) was very unstable and space had to expand, much like a pencil on an infinitesimally small point cannot remain standing. We are not sure what caused the universe to be in this state or even if a cause was necessary. let's not pretend to know either by proposing a magical being whom no one can see or observe empirically did everything

ANYWAY, none of this has anything to do with the topic: ISLAM is the world's worst religion. Do you agree with that statement or disagree? If you want to convert me start a different topic, but right now let's talk about how awful (or not-awful) islam is.

Man's laws don't apply to God's laws. God is the creator of everything, which includes ALL the energy that exists. Man doesn't understand anything that us saints do.

you're a saint? dude, i don't mean to be disrespectful, but can i just say that you are making me laugh so hard that i might literally piss my pants?

You will piss your pants when the whole earth begins to shake, rattle and roll.

Isaiah 24
18: He who flees at the sound of the terror shall fall into the pit; and he who climbs out of the pit shall be caught in the snare. For the windows of heaven are opened, and the foundations of the earth tremble.
19: The earth is utterly broken, the earth is rent asunder, the earth is violently shaken.
20: The earth staggers like a drunken man, it sways like a hut; its transgression lies heavy upon it, and it falls, and will not rise again.

This is only one of the many prophecies that show the world-wide destruction that will make you piss your pants.
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 5:07:34 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:53:30 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:47:27 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 4:37:36 PM, themohawkninja wrote:
Is there equal causation to explain the correlation between the religion being dominant in the country, and the quality of life of the country?

just because a religion is dominant in a country, it does automatically follow that it is the cause of all of its problems and the poor quality of life therein.

I am not arguing that this is the case either. When it comes to the oppression of women, and creating obstacles to a proper education, and committing acts of terrorism, the people of these countries regularly use Islamic scriptures to justify their actions. therein lies the connection between islam and these problems.

I am sure they could have done this with the help of scriptures of many other religions, but the fact of the matter is they use islamic scriptures.

How do you know that the Qur'an is the source of their justification (terrorism aside, as that is well-known)?

BTW, bornofgod isn't a saint. He thinks that God is speaking through him, thereby giving him divine insight into mortal matters, however when you assert him to prove it by doing some divine smiting, he tells you off by saying that God is merely talking through him, and therefore he can't do anything (even though God can, I guess he isn't doing anything either).
I am originally from a country known as Pakistan. I have witnessed, talked to, watched and read about many religious leaders, clerics and political leaders, who use the quran and ahadith to justify oppressive laws against women (such as women's inheritance, testimony and ability to divorce). Hatred for homosexuals is also rampant in these scriptures and is often quoted. Even though the quran actually encourages education for women in one particular instance, that verse is often ignored and other scriptures which suggest that women are subservient to men are often highlighted.
I follow the news and watch religious shows from other muslim countries with subtitles as well. I can post clips here but that would be too easy and i don't want to flood the thread with video clips.
Dragonfang
Posts: 1,122
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 5:11:13 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
The OP reminds me of this joke:
http://www.geoffmetcalf.com...

You need to provide a valid reason of why a correlation is a causation.
Might as well claim that being Jewish will win you a Nobel prizes.

Also, can you post the verses you have a problem with?
GodChoosesLife
Posts: 3,461
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 5:12:52 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 5:08:19 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Why didn't you give examples ?!

Your hate for different religions id solely based on emotions.

Let's just try to understand him and see where he is coming from. There are ALWAYS reasons for people's disbelief. Even if it is an emotional reason, but he said it wasn't. So let's just see. K? :)
Better than deserved, as ALWAYS.
"The strongest principle of growth lies in human choices."
"The Lord doesn't promise us a perfect life that is free of problems, but he does promise that He'll get us through anything." ~SweeTea
"Good Times" ~ Max
"If Jesus isn't in heaven, then it's not heaven; instead, it's hell." ~anonymous
"Suffering is unimaginably confusing, but it's a way to be drawn closer to God" ~Me
"Tell me what consumes your heart most, and I'll tell you who your God is." ~Dad
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 5:13:35 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 4:58:13 PM, ahmed7 wrote:
At 10/26/2013 3:51:00 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
At 10/26/2013 3:48:23 PM, ahmed7 wrote:
At 10/26/2013 2:38:27 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
I understand that there are different types of muslims. I understand that there are different ways in which people practise Islam. I understand that there are different versions of Islam. I understand that every religion has its extremists. Even atheism had its Stalins, Maos and Pol Pots. But the more I think about it, the more I hate Islam overall and generally speaking.
If we assess the scriptures solely, there are passages in the Old Testament that would put the barbaric ayahs of the Quran to shame.
However, mix the ridiculously violent and misogynistic passages of the Quran with tribal, feudal, incredibly vain, primitive, male-dominated, underdeveloped cultures and you get the most vile, horrendous religion the world has ever seen.
I do not regret being born into it because it has only made me understand what a crazy ideology Islam really is.

You are talking about your feelings and thoughts, there is nothing to discuss.
What you are saying is just an accusation that based on nothing.

statistically speaking, muslim nations are the most war-torn, have the worst women's rights records, poorest, and most backward. this is not emotion. it's fact and there's a lot more where that came from. discuss that.

There were wars between non-muslim nations , huge wars check the history (world war 1,2),However I believe that politics and interests are the main cause of wars.

I agree with you, many of the Muslim nations are in bad situations nowadays, These nations has become the way its because they are not implementing islam, to say that someone is muslim doesn't mean that he represent isalm.

Islam strongly emphasis on concepts that help for fighting poverty, encourage knowledge, implementing justice.

You know that on the past and for a long time muslim nations were leading the world in all of the fields, would you say that islam was the best religion on that time.

it is a myth and fantasy to say that muslim nations were leading the world in all fields. It is true that that muslim thinkers have provided the world with many good contributions to math and science, but even an undergrad nowadays would be able to come up with those ideas.

I disagree that islam emphasizes concepts that help fight poverty, scientific knowledge, knowledge of other ideologies, and especially implementing justice. particularly because muhammad himself committed acts of extreme injustice. for example, enslaving women and other captives of war, and the entirety of the men and teenaged boys of banu quraidah for the mistakes of their leaders.
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 5:18:00 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 5:11:13 PM, Dragonfang wrote:
The OP reminds me of this joke:
http://www.geoffmetcalf.com...

You need to provide a valid reason of why a correlation is a causation.
Might as well claim that being Jewish will win you a Nobel prizes.

Also, can you post the verses you have a problem with?

I am not at all claiming that correlation is equivalent to causation. i said quite the opposite in a previous post if you bothered to read it. I explained that islamic scriptures such as quran 8:39 are used to justify the oppressive and violent actions of groups such as the taliban.
muslimnomore
Posts: 369
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 5:19:53 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 5:08:19 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Why didn't you give examples ?!

Your hate for different religions id solely based on emotions.

Here's an example for you, a nobel prize nominee named malala yousofzai was recently shot in the head by a religous group called the taliban in pakistan for daring to propagate women's education. they used islamic teachings in order to justify their act.
Fruitytree
Posts: 2,176
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 5:20:56 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 10/26/2013 5:12:52 PM, GodChoosesLife wrote:
At 10/26/2013 5:08:19 PM, Fruitytree wrote:
Why didn't you give examples ?!

Your hate for different religions id solely based on emotions.

Let's just try to understand him and see where he is coming from. There are ALWAYS reasons for people's disbelief. Even if it is an emotional reason, but he said it wasn't. So let's just see. K? :)

I understand there are reasons of course, but emotional reasons are biased reasons. He has to bring scripture and explain in what way is Islam the worst religion ?! on what basis ? his opinion has no weight without evidence.