Jump to topic:

I am an atheist and I love xmas.Fox news Lies

muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 9:54:16 PM
Posted: 3 years ago
Christmas is the best time of the year. I love christmas music. i love the little drummer boy even though i know it's about a story i do not completely believe in.
even when i was muslim i loved christmas music.
I think bill o'reilly and fox news have made up a fake war on christmas. everybody loves christmas. people like saying merry christmas just as much as they like saying happy holidays. at least, that has been my experience.
the only thing i dislike about christmas is egg nog and turkey dinners. not because there is anything wrong with them, but i honestly do not enjoy the taste of these items.
i wish it was traditional to have seekh kaba, tikka and curry on christmas.... this way i could enjoy the best parts of eid and christmas at the same time.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 10:41:57 PM
Fox News lies - kind of stating the obvious there.

As to your broader point, I don't think the public really understands what atheists are trying to do when we object to manger scenes in front of town halls and the like. In principle, I think many would agree that the government should be separate from religious symbolism and debate - yet they don't necessarily see that when we come marching in demanding Baby Jesus be taken down. They just see the stereotyped "angry atheist," which plays well into the hands of Fox News, whose base eats this stuff up.

Maybe its just down to education, or maybe greater community relations on our parts. But it is a problem.
muslimnomore
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/26/2013 10:51:29 PM
I even like nativity scenes. I think they are aesthetically pleasing and relieve stress by invoking feelings of nostalgia and festivity. they also make me laugh at how stupid this baby jesus story is.
i encourage the world's governments to spend people's tax money on such endeavours. it is better than having the politicians spend it on themselves and their corporate friends.
i applaud the US government for allowing these nativity scenes to be displayed in publicly owned buildings so that people who have stopped being religious can look back and laugh at how silly their beliefs used to be.
Lordgrae
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2013 4:07:09 PM
Well duh. Of course fox news lies (not that the other stations are much better).

Anyway, it's still a time that is celebrated as a solar event, the solstice. And it has, long before Christianity, been a time to exchange gifts and celebrate life in the middle of winter. So yes, it is perfectly alright to celebrate Christmas, just like I still celebrate Hannukah as a cultural Jew.
Birth Name: Graesil s'h'u Aln s'de Alanai'u s'se Saeron
Name: Grae
Titles: Lord, x'Sor Linniae (the false king), Elven War Chief, Heir to Aln
Class: Melee Archer/ Orator
Main Stats: Charisma, Dexterity
Weilds: Bladebow, Elven Slim Sword
Skills: Oration, Double Shot, Backstab, Snatch, Overwhelm Mind, Dominate, Parley, Restorative Sleep
Personal History: Born as the second of triplets, he was wed at an early age to a Dryad. He escaped several times, and on the last was captured and enslaved
Cool_Screen_Name
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 1:32:23 PM
Everybody enjoys celebrations... I don't think it's about the beliefs, but more about the fun involved in the opportunity of people meeting together during the holiday season... Whoever doesn't love holidays and celebrations???
That Awkward Moment when your sarcasm is so advanced, that people actually think you're stupid - - - - My Life is full of 'em...
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 3:19:30 PM
At 10/30/2013 1:32:23 PM, Cool_Screen_Name wrote:
Everybody enjoys celebrations... I don't think it's about the beliefs, but more about the fun involved in the opportunity of people meeting together during the holiday season... Whoever doesn't love holidays and celebrations???

Some people just don't like whatever is prescribed for them.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/30/2013 3:29:30 PM
At 10/30/2013 3:19:30 PM, Fruitytree wrote:

Some people just don't like having something prescribed for them.

Fixed
Cool_Screen_Name
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 2:00:30 AM

I'm sorry, but what is prescribed here? Christmas?
That Awkward Moment when your sarcasm is so advanced, that people actually think you're stupid - - - - My Life is full of 'em...
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 3:36:24 AM
At 10/31/2013 2:00:30 AM, Cool_Screen_Name wrote:

Yes, at schools, in the media, at work.
Cool_Screen_Name
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 5:50:42 AM
At 10/31/2013 3:36:24 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

If they don't like, let them be. It's their choice and we have to respect it.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 7:09:35 AM

Christmas is a time of love of giving of friendship of joy of all the best that is humanity.

Anyone who has an objection to that should go to the nearest cliff and take a step, because you are the PROBLEM and will never be a part of the solution.

Time to top yourself for the benefit of the human race.
Religion is just mind control. George Carlin
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 9:08:19 AM
At 10/31/2013 7:09:35 AM, bulproof wrote:

Christmas is a time of love of giving of friendship of joy of all the best that is humanity.

Anyone who has an objection to that should go to the nearest cliff and take a step, because you are the PROBLEM and will never be a part of the solution.

Hmm, maybe you thought I'm speaking for myself ?

I'm not, I was just trying to show people can have a different opinion on this as well, I thought you were more tolerant though..
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 9:17:36 AM
At 10/31/2013 9:08:19 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

I'm not, I was just trying to show people can have a different opinion on this as well, I thought you were more tolerant though..

So do you not like the best of humanity? Do you disagree with the Eid celebrations? Are they not celebrated by schools, media and work?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 9:22:49 AM
At 10/31/2013 9:17:36 AM, bulproof wrote:

So do you not like the best of humanity? Do you disagree with the Eid celebrations? Are they not celebrated by schools, media and work?

It is totally expected that people celebrate, of course, if the population is made of a majority of a specific religion then why not, or 2 major religions, I mean that just depends on how the population is composed, it doesn't bother me at all.

But I can understand it could bother some people, not that they are right, but they may feel more like a minority.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 10:22:11 AM
At 10/31/2013 9:22:49 AM, Fruitytree wrote:

It is totally expected that people celebrate, of course, if the population is made of a majority of a specific religion then why not, or 2 major religions, I mean that just depends on how the population is composed, it doesn't bother me at all.

But I can understand it could bother some people, not that they are right, but they may feel more like a minority.

You didn't answer my question.

Don't you like the BEST of humanity?
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 10:59:04 AM
At 10/31/2013 10:22:11 AM, bulproof wrote:

Of course I do.
Fruitytree
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/31/2013 11:49:28 AM

Do you expect I hate the world ? and what does Christmas has to do with the BEST ?
boss1592
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/1/2013 5:36:01 PM

Well... that escalated quickly
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 5:36:38 AM
At 10/26/2013 9:54:16 PM, muslimnomore wrote:
Christmas is the best time of the year. I love christmas music. i love the little drummer boy even though i know it's about a story i do not completely believe in.
I think bill o'reilly and fox news have made up a fake war on christmas. everybody loves christmas. people like saying merry christmas just as much as they like saying happy holidays. at least, that has been my experience.
the only thing i dislike about christmas is egg nog and turkey dinners. not because there is anything wrong with them, but i honestly do not enjoy the taste of these items.
i wish it was traditional to have seekh kaba, tikka and curry on christmas.... this way i could enjoy the best parts of eid and christmas at the same time.

That's OK, Christmas isn't a remotely Christian festival anyway, it is a collection of pagan festivals disguised as Christian.

And no, not everybody loves Christmas.

I don't.

Roughly 8,000,000 others I know of don't.

Most importantly God and Christ hate it.

The moment you say "everybody" anything you are wrong.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 5:58:36 AM
At 11/2/2013 5:36:38 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

That's OK, Christmas isn't a remotely Christian festival anyway, it is a collection of pagan festivals disguised as Christian.

I don't.

Rejoin the lemmings and lead them all to the nearest cliff, you and they are all oxygen thieves and in a hundred years time your lot will be lucky to claim a footnote in human history.

Wow that's almost 0.1% of the human population, unfortunately the jury is still out on whether or not the members of your minuscule cult actually are human.

Crawl back under your rock madman you steal the oxygen and contribute nothing.
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 6:38:44 AM
At 11/2/2013 5:58:36 AM, bulproof wrote:

I don't.

Rejoin the lemmings and lead them all to the nearest cliff, you and they are all oxygen thieves and in a hundred years time your lot will be lucky to claim a footnote in human history.

Wow that's almost 0.1% of the human population, unfortunately the jury is still out on whether or not the members of your minuscule cult actually are human.

You do realise that the myth about Lemmings is just that, a myth propagated by a film maker who had hundreds of lemmings driven over a cliff to make the film don't you? Or are you gullible enough to fall for that also.

Yes JWs are a small minority, just as Jesus said his true followers would be, in this time especially.

He also foretold that we would get opposition from such as you, so thanks for confirming the truth of his words.

Of course your remark about lemmings describes well the Majority of humanity, driven towards a cliff by Satan and his kind. God has warned us exactly where, if not when, the cliff is and protects us from Satan's whips.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 7:16:24 AM
At 11/2/2013 6:38:44 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:

I don't.

You do realise that the myth about Lemmings is just that, a myth propagated by a film maker who had hundreds of lemmings driven over a cliff to make the film don't you? Or are you gullible enough to fall for that also.

Yes JWs are a small minority, just as Jesus said his true followers would be, in this time especially.

He also foretold that we would get opposition from such as you, so thanks for confirming the truth of his words.

Of course your remark about lemmings describes well the Majority of humanity, driven towards a cliff by Satan and his kind. God has warned us exactly where, if not when, the cliff is and protects us from Satan's whips.
Yes stupid I actually know all about it and after you felt so very superior ridiculing me you used the exact same analogy.............. I did it jest and you are just FVCKING stupid.

And this god has protected mankind from your imaginary satan's whips (you poms like that masochism) there have existed on this planet an estimated 100billion humans and your god has saved 0.01% of them, what the FVCK would anybody worship it for. Dumb as dogsh!t.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 7:56:07 AM

(...)

(...)

(...)

So you'd tell someone to commit suicide because they may disagree or dislike social conventions being "forced" onto the masses? And you justify saying this by equating "everybody celebrating Christmas, everywhere" with being the "BEST of humanity"?

*Big sigh*
bladerunner060 | bsh1 , 2014! Presidency campaign!

http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org... - Running for president.
http://www.debate.org... - Running as his vice president.

May the best man win!
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 8:02:04 AM
At 11/2/2013 7:56:07 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

(...)

(...)

(...)

So you'd tell someone to commit suicide because they may disagree or dislike social conventions being "forced" onto the masses? And you justify saying this by equating "everybody celebrating Christmas, everywhere" with being the "BEST of humanity"?

*Big sigh*
I don't know where you read that.
Perhaps you would like to go back and start again with a quote from ME and then make your accusation.

Yes I doubt it too.
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 8:12:46 AM
At 11/2/2013 8:02:04 AM, bulproof wrote:

(...)

(...)

(...)

*Big sigh*
Perhaps you would like to go back and start again with a quote from ME and then make your accusation.

Yes I doubt it too.

They are quotes from you. Aren't they... ? :s

May the best man win!
MadCornishBiker
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 8:23:30 AM
At 11/2/2013 7:16:24 AM, bulproof wrote:

I don't.

Yes stupid I actually know all about it and after you felt so very superior ridiculing me you used the exact same analogy.............. I did it jest and you are just FVCKING stupid.

And this god has protected mankind from your imaginary satan's whips (you poms like that masochism) there have existed on this planet an estimated 100billion humans and your god has saved 0.01% of them, what the FVCK would anybody worship it for. Dumb as dogsh!t.

If they don;t ask for his protection they don;t get it, simple as. He offered it to all who wish to take him up on it.

As for your final point, anyone who loves truth and justice, because as Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well, God is looking for just that type.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2013 8:35:55 AM
At 11/2/2013 8:23:30 AM, MadCornishBiker wrote:
At 11/2/2013 7:16:24 AM, bulproof wrote:

I don't.

If they don;t ask for his protection they don;t get it, simple as. He offered it to all who wish to take him up on it.

As for your final point, anyone who loves truth and justice, because as Jesus told the Samaritan woman at the well, God is looking for just that type.
100billion people you simpleton he hasn't even offered it to the people who have lived since he allegedly butchered his son.

You have no right to still be alive at your age. As Lazarus Long said "stupidity is a terminal disease" and you have the worst case I've ever seen. You simpleton.
bulproof
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 12:47:54 AM
At 11/2/2013 8:12:46 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

(...)

(...)

(...)

*Big sigh*

Yes I doubt it too.

"everybody celebrating Christmas, everywhere" with being the "BEST of humanity"?

**************************NO******************************
AlbinoBunny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/3/2013 2:27:19 PM
At 11/3/2013 12:47:54 AM, bulproof wrote:
At 11/2/2013 8:12:46 AM, AlbinoBunny wrote:

(...)

(...)

(...)

*Big sigh*

Yes I doubt it too.

"everybody celebrating Christmas, everywhere" with being the "BEST of humanity"?

**************************NO******************************

The post was about people celebrating Christmas, everywhere in public life. You said "Christmas is a time of love of giving of friendship of joy of all the best that is humanity. "

I was quoting from you, but I was also asking if that's exactly what you meant, that everyone, everywhere celebrating Christmas is the best of humanity.

So does that mean that you'd tell people to kill themselves with no justification, then?

May the best man win!